101 L.G. Smith Blvd.
Palm Beach, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arubarestaurants.com/sea-food/simply-fi
- Phone: 5206537
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6.15pm - 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment from 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm.
A word from Simply Fish
Marriott"s beach front restaurant Simply Fish is the best kept secret on the island and the perfect setting for a romantic dinner. Under waving palm trees, while wiggling your toes in the sand you'll enjoy a magnificent sunset and a superb meal. Although our specialty is seafood, our chefs know exactly how to please meat lovers too. Dress code is island casual....Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Simply Fish - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
Simply Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (69)scenic view (69)great for outdoor dining (64)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- feet in the sanddeadhead1Dined on 10/19/2014A bit pricey but great seafood and service makes this worthwhile. Arrive early to watch the sun set as you dine. We went last year and again this year and will return one more time before we leave Aruba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Beach Dinnerthe2MDTravelersDined on 10/13/2014The wife and I had a wonderful time. We ended up with a late reservation due to other commitments but it was well worth the wait. The food was very good and the portion sizes were not the typical fancy restaurant small, they were good a good size. The waiter, Juan and his assistant were also very good and took good care of us. The wife had the coconut cake and I would highly recommend it as unique and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing romantic meal!FantasticFiveVIPDined on 10/10/2014We reserved at table at opening (6:15) to be able to watch the sunset. We were seated right in the front by the beach and had a perfect view! We had the bouillabaisse, calamari and lobster salad ($28 extra charge after taxes) for apps. I had the barramundi (AMAZING!) and my husband had the Corvina which was also delicious. The coconut cake for dessert was divine! Our waiter was knowledgeable and personable. We honestly can't wait to go back to Simply Fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is disappointingluv2dineDined on 10/9/2014The view of the beach was breathtaking and created a beautiful ambience. However, the food was just okay. We also ordered a couple of desserts that were not very delicious. But the restaurant provided wonderful scenery and service. In fact, that is hard to beat. We found so many other restaurants on the island that provided superior food.Special Features:
- Simply Fish Means Simply TastelessWhitjudyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great view but the food here is absolutely horrendous. My husband and I both had 2 different types of fish grilled and there was absolutely no seasoning or preparation...SIMPLY FISH. We took the assistant waiter's advice and got the coconut cake dessert...yuck...tasted like bad coconut flan. On top of this, there's a really poor music. Guy playing the instrument and singing sounded drunk. Do without the music if you cannot provide someone that has any ability. Not worth the money or view. There are many other restaurants on the island you can get a nice view.Special Features:
- WOWTNBeckyDined on 10/2/2014Fourth time here. Happened on it by accident the first time but now is a deliberate choice. Great food, great views , romantic. Service was a little slow but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven can wait.BeachSpiritDined on 9/30/2014Great time spent on the beach. Good wine watching the sunset and the fish was simply great. We will be going back for a second meal before going back to the cold and snow. Service was excellent and the dishes were full.Special Features:
- Great food. Ultimate view.MikeDined on 9/30/2014You arrive to a beautiful section of Palm beach. The staff is very interested in making it a special night for you. The wait staff was fantastic. The food was great. But the reason you'll love this restaurant is the romantic ambiance. Watch the sun go down with you toes in the sand and a cold drink. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinnerJbeanDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed our sunset dinner on the beach. My husband had the lobster tail and said it was good. My grouper was okay, not quite done enough, and my side vegetables were cold. However, the coconut cake for dessert was amazing. I didn't give it 5 stars because the service was slow, as previous reviewers have mentioned. Overall, we enjoyed it. It was a unique experience to dine with your toes in the sand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againTerryVIPDined on 9/28/2014food was barely edible 2 out of four of our diners could not eat their dinnerSpecial Features:
- Loved it!!RomanticDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I had the surf and turf. It was delicious! Food and service were great! Highly recommend it!!! Very romantic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!YummyDined on 9/27/2014Traditionally our place to spend our first night in Aruba. Beautiful, romantic and relaxing place to have dinner. Good food, too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!AndyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Overpriced and under value. Two orders of halibut. Very small portion with large price. Over cooked; lacked any moistness whatsoever. Tiny lobster tail with nondescript flavor. Below average food in Aruba, especially within a 10 minute walk of the major hotels.
- Just beautiful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Just gorgeous! Plan your dinner for sunset- make your reservation for 615-630! Trust me!! Food was good but the experience is really why you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Dinner on the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Exactly that... A sunset dinner on the beach. Beautiful. Wonderful ambiance. Friendly and generous staff. Can't go wrong with this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were there for our 5th anniversary, our family asked to have a bottle of wine delivered to our table. This never happened! It was requested only 20min before our reservation time. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- The views don't get any betterdiningoutDined on 9/8/2014Awesome location on the beach. Our server Daniel was amazing. Good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodWaltDizzneyDined on 9/7/2014Good, not GREAT. Get the Grouper, not the Tuna. Lovely setting, on the beach(feet in the sand), soft Caribbean music in the background, attentive servers, a sample of Shrimp from the chef (this is going to be great, I thought). My meal, Grouper, was great. My wife's entree, Tuna, not so great...a different type of Tuna than we are used to?? The menu is limited, and difficult to find online. I'd go back again but, the wife may suggest another of Aruba's many fine restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The quality of our meals where not as expected. Cold and un-tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayWedzDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding service, great beach view of a fabulous sunset. The fresh catches of the day were perfect. When in Aruba it is a can't miss!Special Features:
- Very RomanticTheJonesesDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had dinner at Simply Fish, during our stay in Aruba on our honeymoon. Absolutely gorgeous view. Very romantic. Food is excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant. The guitarist was simply the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/1/2014This was our second visit to Simply Fish. They've made improvements to the seating. Book at table 30 minutes before local sunset and you will be absolutely amazed. The service was good and non-intrusive. The food is expensive but still very good. Make sure you ask the server to identify the locally sourced fish. I noticed they now have swai on the menu which is Vietnamese catfish, not something you want to pay a lot for when it's available for a couple of dollars a pound in your local supermarket. Generally, the atmosphere is beautiful but don't book on nights where the Marriott does it's outdoor Caribbean show as it can be loud and distracting. Also, don't be surprised because people do like to drag young children to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave your sandals at the doororlandofoodieDined on 8/29/2014Great location on the beach! As you enter, you leave your sandals at the door and dine with your toes in the sand. Excellent food, excellent service. Don't go on a windy night. By the time dinner was over our table, food, eyes, hair, etc. were filled with sand. However, we've eaten at Simply Fish in the past and had no issues with sand so it just depends on the weather. Beautiful views of the water and the sunset. Very romantic setting. Good value - fish dinner with 2 sides was $40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fish - beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food is overpriced for what it is - some menu items seem like that are frozen and then just reheated. The fish soup is delicious!! You are paying for the ambiance which cannot be beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Beautiful dinner with my husband ocean view. What could be better!Special Features:
- Picture perfect dinnerAnniversary17Dined on 8/17/2014Such a perfect dinner - great service, simply amazing view right as the sun is setting, and great food. I made a nite that it was out anniversary and they even gave us a small gift! Truly great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014The setting for simply fish could not be more beautiful, right on the water and gorgeous Aruba sunset. However, the poor service and mediocre food left us disappointed. The drinks were double the price that we've paid elsewhere on the island ($8 for a balashi) and with so many options for great food that's reasonably priced, we probably wouldn't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend our anniversarylovetodineDined on 8/16/2014We spent our anniversary here and from the moment we arrived we had personalized menus waiting for us -such a great personal touch. The chef then sent over a complimentary small appetizer dish and the service couldn't have been better. There were just some beach stragglers on lounge chairs right in front of the restaurant yelling at people as they walked by which was annoying at first, we were surprised they weren't asked to move, but after they left the ambience improved. At the end of the evening we were given a gift bag and it was the final touch to really making our anniversary feel that much more special. Thank you to everyone at Simply Fish for making our Anniversary dinner so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticPhillybrendaDined on 8/14/2014One if out favorite restaraunts in the world. We make an effort to eat here every trip to ArubaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great serviceCarolVIPDined on 8/11/2014Maurice always delivers great service. He knows the menu and can suggest the perfect dish. He has been there over 10 yrs and his wife is the bar tender. The pan fried Corina was really good. This fish tastes similar to sea bass. The coconut cake is a signature dessert and worth a try. Eating on the beach with your feet in the sand is really so much fun! The white tablecloth service is lovely. This experience should not be missed.Special Features:
- Very Romantic Dinner - THANKS!DwellserDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 35th anniv on 8/10/14. The entire experience was one of the best we have had in many years. The table was located right on the beach. We were seated to overlook the ocean and the sunset. The tablecloth based décor was perfectly romantic with our shoes off while resting in the sand. We were greeted by two wait staff-Daniel and Diana-that were absolutely wonderful and very friendly with cheerful personalities. They made our special event so much more special. I cannot say enough about those two. So many pluses, but most importantly, were comfortable enough to actually talk with us about their lifestyles in Aruba. We loved that touch. They both went out of there way to create a perfect evening. Diana was so sweet. $$=:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood at its bestFrankMDined on 8/7/2014Excellent fish. One of the best Sea Bass dishes ever had. The Macadamia Nut encrusted grouper was superb.Special Features:
- Perfect ending to an Aruba vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014Romantic evening, beautiful sunset and lovely music.Special Features:
- Simply SpectacularJCSESQDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated my daughter, Jennifer's, 20th birthday at Simply Fish, and the food, the service and the experience could not have been better. We were seated amid palm trees just a few feet from the water's edge. The fish was prepared perfectly and was complimented by delocious coconut rice and the best creamed spinach I have ever had. If you want a truly memorable experience and a fantastic meal, you should definitely try Simply Fish when you are in Aruba.Special Features:
- Very limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Was nothing special for the price of the meals. Staff is not very knowledgeable about gluten and there is limited items without gluten. We went for the scallops and they were out of them. Will not go back.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014I enjoyed the food and the view the service was ok but I was celebrating a special birthday and I told them I wanted a birthday cake but no one every gave or acknowledged anything was very disappointedSpecial Features:
- MemorableBeachdinnerDined on 7/27/2014Best restaurant at the Marriott locations in Aruba. All was excellent including the Arubian weather. The fish was the best during our 2-week stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent restaurant; always make it a point to dine at our favorite restaurant on the day of our arrival in Aruba.Special Features:
- Nice dinner for our honeymoonLATSETDined on 7/24/2014Simply fish is an outstanding restaurant for that intimate moment to share with a loved one. My wife and I enjoyed the view on the beach and we arrived around sunset (~6:30pm). From there, the food was amazing. We had the lemon grass shrimp kabobs which were heavenly. My wife had the grouper and I had the corvina. Both fish were cooked properly and we had the tirimisu for dessert. The staff was extremely delightful and we always had plenty of food and drink at our table. We will definitely be back again to celebrate our wedding anniversary in the future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting/disapointing foodSmokinJoeDined on 7/20/2014My family & I just returned from our vacation in Aruba. Prior to the trip, I reserved a dinner at Simply Fish because I thought that dinner on the beach was a great idea. The beach setting did not disappoint, however the food did. The prices are of course high (high end food items served to you on a Marriott resort beach), so I had high expectations for the food taste and quality. Unfortunately it didn't matter if we ordered steak or seafood. One of my sons ordered the surf and turf, while the steak was okay, the lobster tail was too chewy. My other son ordered the filet mignon, it had too much gristle (mystery bites) and was a little tough. Both my wife's mahi mahi and my encrusted grouper was simply okay, not much flavor.Special Features: