Simon Pearce Restaurant
1760 Quechee Main St.
Quechee, VT 05059Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Simon Pearce Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonpearce.com/
- Phone: 8022951470x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30am - 2:45pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner 5:30-9pm each evening
Sunday Brunch 11am - 2:45pm
Reservations accepted for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jerod Rockwell and culinary team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From black tie to Vermont casual, make the occasion and the setting yours. Experience personalized service in a unique and unforgettable setting. The Loft at Simon Pearce is the perfect place to host your next meeting or special event. This private upstairs room in the historic Mill at Quechee was once the home for Simon and his family. Tucked away from the bustle of the retail store and restaurant, The Loft features a quiet and spacious room with grand windows overlooking the Ottauquechee River and falls. Combined with the award-winning American cuisine of Joshua Duda, extensive wine selections and impeccable service, our team will design a truly memorable event for you and your guests. The Loft is an ideal setting for business lunches or dinners, wedding showers, small weddings and private corporate meetings. Guests can watch glassblowers, shop in our retail store, and enjoy the quintessential Vermont dining experience. The Loft will accommodate 72 seated or 100 guests comfortably.
A word from Simon Pearce Restaurant
Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT : Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Simon Pearce Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Quechee ›
Simon Pearce Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (185)special occasion (162)fit for foodies (134)romantic (131)notable wine list (68)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (33)great for brunch (33)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A Favorite in the Upper Valley!Bear59Dined on 9/28/2014Love this stylish restaurant with its attentive service & good quality food. This time, in addition to our mixed green salads, we particularly loved the scallop appetizer and would have liked more than just two per person! For entrees, we chose the crispy roast duck with Himalayan red rice & haricots verts and the cod with mashed potatoes & crispy leeks, both always very popular & good. Desserts varied: one friend enjoyed her white chocolate mousse cake with raspberry sauce, another the Strafford ice-cream with a chocolate sauce, while another friend and I share my favorite walnut meringue with whipped cream and strawberry sauce and whipped cream. A very nice claret and a non-alcoholic Putney cider fit the drinks bill last night.Special Features:
- LarryVIPDined on 9/28/2014fabulous dining experience. We've been here a number of times and always love it.Special Features:
- Great restaurantkeithmVIPDined on 9/28/2014Simon Pierce is always a great destination. The food & view are outstanding. We started with Butternut Squash Bisque(could have enjoyed a gallon..that good!)We also had the warm Spinach salad, again very nice. For mains we had the Salmon & Duck. Both were excellent. Only complaint on the Salmon(and other seafood)rather miserly portions! For a bill that topped $ 115 the portion side could be more. The dessert(Callebaut Chocolate cake) was decadently good. We still will return, but will probably try something other than the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchmm00001Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, excellent dessert, and fantastic ambiance. My wife and I went for our second anniversary and sat in the semi-outdoors portion of the restaurant, listening to the small waterfall sounds. The foliage was beautiful this time of year and the service was enjoyable. After dinner, we got to enjoy the rest of the facility, and even got to see how they make and blow several pieces of glassware by hand. Great place to go for celebrating something specialSpecial Features:
- TreatNpalloDined on 9/25/2014We come up to Woodstock a few times a year and simon pierce is our first choice for dining. Very consistent and the view is beautiful. Also fun to cruise the glass storeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceTedHDined on 9/24/2014Our reservation was for 8 pm and we were seated promptly. Most of us had the horseradish encrusted cod and it was terriffic....tasty and very well prepared. Really enjoyed the cheddar soup and would highly recommend it, but the highlight was the seasonnally prepared blueberrry sorbet, which was exquisit. I highly recommend this restaurant and suggest that a stop should include time spent touring the glass works and shop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY GETS BETTERAUSFOODIEDined on 9/23/2014Having visited Simon Pearce 15 years ago it was a delight to return and find that the experience not only met but exceeded our expectations in every regard on our recent visit. Good food in an unique location and with the added attraction of the beautiful glass and wood gallery just next door. Well worth a long trip to find this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3amigosDined on 9/23/2014We talked to the waitress about the desert selections and wanting to avoid anything with dark chocolate. (migraines) the white choc. mousse cake came with a dark choc. wafer crust. The wasn't specific about dark choc. in the Opera Cake either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placewyldegeeseDined on 9/22/2014Simon Pearce is a wonderful restaurant with delicious food, superb service, the most elegant setting and magnificent views - indeed a very special place! The crispy duck was as advertised, crispy and cooked perfectly, with a very good chutney sauce, red rice and haricots vert. Simon Pearce Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon was perfect as a pairing - rich, complex, a bit spicy. Opera Cake was a delightful dessert. It is more expensive at dinner than at lunch - which I also recommend most highly- but very much worth it. A perfect restaurant for any celebratory occasion and lovely at any time.Special Features:
- joeyDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance, including the glass blowing downstairs, the service, and the view were great. The food did not live up to the overall feeling of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Huge DisappointmentvermontFoodieDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant had great reviews and a menu that seemed to die for, but it didn't deliver. The food was fair and the service was awful. We couldn't figure out what the rush was to get the food out to our table. Maybe if they took their time preparing it it would have been better. We couldn't wait to leave to get coffee and dessert elsewhere.Special Features:
- First timersRRTRDined on 9/20/2014Two couples in town for fall color and had read so much about the restaurant and glass blowing operation. We toured the Windsor, NH outlet earlier in the day, picked up some great wedding gifts and managed to get late reservations that evening in Quechee. Wonderful service, our wait person made perfect recommendations for appetizers and wine, and we were all very satisfied with the entire meal. Great wine list, very reasonable, some different offerings including some nice Austrian wines. The crispy duck was a big hit. The view of the covered bridge and dam is spectacular at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014What a wonderful dining experience in every way! --A Perfect evening while celebrating our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014...had a GREAT dinner here; I always order the duck if a restaurant offers it, and the duck dish I had here was absolutely fabulous, juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and it was a very generous portion. My wife had the scallops with corn, and could not stop raving about it. We requested a table by the window overlooking the falls, and they had that waiting for us. Sue our server was friendly and very helpful....all in all a fabulous, romantic evening. I can't wait to go back next year.Special Features:
- PW22VIPDined on 9/16/2014Been here many times. It is the best restaurant in the area and has a beautiful view if seated by a window. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. We had the cheese plate to start and it was excellent. All the food was outstanding, especially the fish, except the duck was a little tough. However, the duck is the only complaint I have had in the many times I have been there.Save room for their great deserts! In addition, one can see glass blowing at certain times and there is whole shop of Simon Peace glass where one can purchase a memento or more of one's visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner.rhchdiningDined on 9/16/2014Attentive staff. Great food, sourced locally. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BandGfromNYDined on 9/14/2014This was a return visit for us and it did not disappoint. The scenic view and outstanding food are definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rickDined on 9/12/2014Food was very good, but portions were extremely small, especially for the price. Our entres costs upwards of $30 and the four of us went home hungry!Special Features:
- Nice view, fancy food, OK serviceCheapGradStudentDined on 9/10/2014Simon Pearce Restaurant lived up to its fancy reputation, complete with beautiful waterfall scenery and spendy meals made of ingredients I couldn't always pronounce. The swordfish in particular was remarkably good. Our waitress, while rather pleasant, seemed to be occupied for much of our visit despite the low traffic on a Wednesday evening. This was probably the only less-than-stellar aspect of our experience.Special Features:
- abrondeauDined on 9/8/2014The food and service were superb. Everything about the evening was perfect. I would return again in a hearbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWriterDined on 9/7/2014Consistently, the Simon Pearce restaurant is wonderful in every way. This time we had a new server in training, so the service was a bit off. The food was fantastic. We love that they use many organic ingredients.Special Features:
- Great nightAntoniusDined on 9/4/2014The hostess wanted to to give us a better seat out on the terrace so we waited a little longer but it was worth it. The seat was right above the waterfall. My wife has a gluten allergy and she was impressed by how easy you guys accomidated her. She was pleasantly surprised to recieve a gluten free dinner roll. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Treatdubt8Dined on 9/2/2014We went on a weeknight evening and were seated in the best seat in the house. It was a thrill for all the senses, gorgeous scenery, outstanding food and drink, sounds of the relaxing waterfall - just spectacular! Thank you!Special Features:
- Simon PearceMichelleDined on 8/30/2014We were a party of 3 and had the tuna, chicken and cod dish - all were amazing!! For appetizers the vermont cheddar soup, beet salad and scallops were over the top. We were all too full for dessert. Definitely would go back. A beautiful, picturesque setting both inside and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal with a view!BluesteakDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife there for her birthday and our anniversary. They seated us right on time and we had a beautiful view of the water. Our server was very professional, not pushy and checked in with is just right. I asked for my steak rare and it was just right! Overall we had a wonderful and romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of a kind placeUrchinDined on 8/30/2014We love Simon Pearce and have been going there one a rwgular basis for over a decade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View and Great FoodsgtlefteyeDined on 8/30/2014As you approach this site you will see a scenic waterfall and above it is the seating area for the restaurant. Seated in the back of the restaurant you have a view of the river and possibly the falls. The menu is small but whatever you order is going to be great. I had the NY Sirloin and it was cooked perfectly and was not over portioned at all. I would recommend this place to friends and if I travel back to the area I would go again.Special Features:
- Prettiest restaurant ever!AlexaDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is absolutely gorgeous, and they don't leave it at that. The food is phenomenal! Really unique dishes done perfectly every time! I love this place and the waterfall it looks over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fare and SettinghubdocDined on 8/29/2014Top notch dining in VT. The only shortcoming is the lack of a bar, given their lack of flexibility around early arrivals. Probably somewhat intentional, given that one then wanders through the Simon Pearce showroom to kill time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lbccaDined on 8/25/2014Excellent in every way. Met all expectations. Food outstanding, wonderful choices with wine pairings, Not often dark and stormy or Pimms cup available without request. Showroom in building a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning and deliciousJessVIPDined on 8/24/2014Have eaten at Simon Pearce many times and it never disappoints. We sat on the patio overlooking a covered bridge and waterfalls and Vermont scenery from various angles. The food was terrific, with several menu favorites I choose every time. Service was excellent and the waitperson delightful. Always delightful looking in the gorgeous shop before dinner...just a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversariesDined on 8/22/2014As always our experience was fantastic. We attend annually ( OCCASSIONALLY MORE)the weekend of the Scottish Highland Games which coincides with our wedding anniversary. (58 years this year) We have recommend it to many friends and no one has ever complained. The food is always prepared to perfection, our table was reading and waiting for us and the service was the best. Already looking forward to next year if not before for a return visit.Special Features:
- XxxxVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our food was delicious and we hope that Simon Pearce is back on its customary pace.Special Features:
- A Night of Great Food87thbirthdayDined on 8/21/2014This is a beautifully designed, spacious restaurant, inside the Simon Pearce glass workshop is located on a river. The food is made from fresh, top-quality ingredients. We sat at a table in the corner overlooking the falls with a view of the new covered bridge. The Cabernet Sauvignon, Simon Pearce Reserve '10, was an excellent choice. Our appetizers were a beet salad and a pan seared scallop. Both were excellent. Sadly, the Swordfish special was 86ed. The vegetarian option that my partner chose was not to her liking so we were not charged. I had Horseradish Crusted Cod and loved it. Dessert was similarly well executed. The excellent service made for a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Simon Pearce is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJaguarXDined on 8/21/2014Creative food that is plated well to be appealing to the eye is becoming rare, but can be found at this restaurant. The service matches the creativity of the food preparation. Our service was a bit quick, but I am sure if you tell the staff that you are not in a hurry you will receive more traditionally paced service. My wife and I have found our new "go to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But ONLY GoodManhattanWiliamDined on 8/20/2014EVERYONE recommended this restaurant to us and while it was good, it was ONLY good. The cheddar cheese soup was delicious, as expected. We had 2 entrees, the duck was very good and the cod, while fresh and flaky, didn't quite work over the mashed potatoes and the sauce, while flavorful with vinegar added for tartness, just didn't make for a winning combination with the fish. The ambiance is all about the waterfall, ok it's nice but I disliked the overall appearance which was bright wood and very "standard", something like a slightly upscale Olive Garden. Bottom line: it's ok but there are better options in Vermont to be sure.
- Fantastic in every possible way!NaPaDined on 8/19/2014Everything was wonderful but our waitress (very short hair - cant remember name) was fantastic! Not only did she provide outstanding service but she also provided fantastic tourist guidance which we did everything on the list. Our son and wife recommended SP so the whole family will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience for a familyVTvacationDined on 8/19/2014Our experience at Simon Pearce Restaurant was outstanding. We had our three children along, which could have been a challenge in such a nice restaurant, but it was great from the start. Kids menus with crayons, sitting over the river, a server who was so good with the kids and knowledgeable about the company and food, and the list goes on. The food was delicious, we loved the root beer and the icing on the cake was when a hot air balloon took off just up the river from the restaurant. What a great view we had and such a fun experience for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodNHTransplantDined on 8/16/2014Once again, we had a great meal with outstanding service. Our only negative was that the night was a bit too chilly to enjoy the outdoor seating (which is actually a dining room with sliding windows, Carribean style), but we can't fault the restaurant for that. Vermont weather can be fickle. Now, we have an excuse to return again this season when it is warm enough to dine "outdoors."Special Features:
- Wonderful riverside restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014The Simon Pierce restaurant remains a solid choice in central Vermont--strong menu, charming setting, beautiful views over the river and dam. Not visionary cuisine, but well executed and a strong menu. Ask for a table by the windows!Special Features: