Simon Pearce Restaurant
1760 Quechee Main St.
Quechee, VT 05059Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Simon Pearce Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonpearce.com/
- Phone: 8022951470x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30am - 2:45pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner 5:30-9pm each evening
Sunday Brunch 11am - 2:45pm
Reservations accepted for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jerod Rockwell and culinary team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From black tie to Vermont casual, make the occasion and the setting yours. Experience personalized service in a unique and unforgettable setting. The Loft at Simon Pearce is the perfect place to host your next meeting or special event. This private upstairs room in the historic Mill at Quechee was once the home for Simon and his family. Tucked away from the bustle of the retail store and restaurant, The Loft features a quiet and spacious room with grand windows overlooking the Ottauquechee River and falls. Combined with the award-winning American cuisine of Joshua Duda, extensive wine selections and impeccable service, our team will design a truly memorable event for you and your guests. The Loft is an ideal setting for business lunches or dinners, wedding showers, small weddings and private corporate meetings. Guests can watch glassblowers, shop in our retail store, and enjoy the quintessential Vermont dining experience. The Loft will accommodate 72 seated or 100 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Meghan Mahoney 8022952711x3319
A word from Simon Pearce Restaurant
Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT : Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Simon Pearce Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Quechee ›
Simon Pearce Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (175)special occasion (148)romantic (125)fit for foodies (125)notable wine list (67)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (38)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Prettiest restaurant ever!AlexaDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is absolutely gorgeous, and they don't leave it at that. The food is phenomenal! Really unique dishes done perfectly every time! I love this place and the waterfall it looks over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Excellent in every way. Met all expectations. Food outstanding, wonderful choices with wine pairings, Not often dark and stormy or Pimms cup available without request. Showroom in building a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning and deliciousJessVIPDined on 8/24/2014Have eaten at Simon Pearce many times and it never disappoints. We sat on the patio overlooking a covered bridge and waterfalls and Vermont scenery from various angles. The food was terrific, with several menu favorites I choose every time. Service was excellent and the waitperson delightful. Always delightful looking in the gorgeous shop before dinner...just a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversariesDined on 8/22/2014As always our experience was fantastic. We attend annually ( OCCASSIONALLY MORE)the weekend of the Scottish Highland Games which coincides with our wedding anniversary. (58 years this year) We have recommend it to many friends and no one has ever complained. The food is always prepared to perfection, our table was reading and waiting for us and the service was the best. Already looking forward to next year if not before for a return visit.Special Features:
- XxxxVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our food was delicious and we hope that Simon Pearce is back on its customary pace.Special Features:
- A Night of Great Food87thbirthdayDined on 8/21/2014This is a beautifully designed, spacious restaurant, inside the Simon Pearce glass workshop is located on a river. The food is made from fresh, top-quality ingredients. We sat at a table in the corner overlooking the falls with a view of the new covered bridge. The Cabernet Sauvignon, Simon Pearce Reserve '10, was an excellent choice. Our appetizers were a beet salad and a pan seared scallop. Both were excellent. Sadly, the Swordfish special was 86ed. The vegetarian option that my partner chose was not to her liking so we were not charged. I had Horseradish Crusted Cod and loved it. Dessert was similarly well executed. The excellent service made for a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Simon Pearce is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJaguarXDined on 8/21/2014Creative food that is plated well to be appealing to the eye is becoming rare, but can be found at this restaurant. The service matches the creativity of the food preparation. Our service was a bit quick, but I am sure if you tell the staff that you are not in a hurry you will receive more traditionally paced service. My wife and I have found our new "go to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But ONLY GoodManhattanWiliamDined on 8/20/2014EVERYONE recommended this restaurant to us and while it was good, it was ONLY good. The cheddar cheese soup was delicious, as expected. We had 2 entrees, the duck was very good and the cod, while fresh and flaky, didn't quite work over the mashed potatoes and the sauce, while flavorful with vinegar added for tartness, just didn't make for a winning combination with the fish. The ambiance is all about the waterfall, ok it's nice but I disliked the overall appearance which was bright wood and very "standard", something like a slightly upscale Olive Garden. Bottom line: it's ok but there are better options in Vermont to be sure.
- Fantastic in every possible way!NaPaDined on 8/19/2014Everything was wonderful but our waitress (very short hair - cant remember name) was fantastic! Not only did she provide outstanding service but she also provided fantastic tourist guidance which we did everything on the list. Our son and wife recommended SP so the whole family will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience for a familyVTvacationDined on 8/19/2014Our experience at Simon Pearce Restaurant was outstanding. We had our three children along, which could have been a challenge in such a nice restaurant, but it was great from the start. Kids menus with crayons, sitting over the river, a server who was so good with the kids and knowledgeable about the company and food, and the list goes on. The food was delicious, we loved the root beer and the icing on the cake was when a hot air balloon took off just up the river from the restaurant. What a great view we had and such a fun experience for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodNHTransplantDined on 8/16/2014Once again, we had a great meal with outstanding service. Our only negative was that the night was a bit too chilly to enjoy the outdoor seating (which is actually a dining room with sliding windows, Carribean style), but we can't fault the restaurant for that. Vermont weather can be fickle. Now, we have an excuse to return again this season when it is warm enough to dine "outdoors."Special Features:
- Wonderful riverside restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014The Simon Pierce restaurant remains a solid choice in central Vermont--strong menu, charming setting, beautiful views over the river and dam. Not visionary cuisine, but well executed and a strong menu. Ask for a table by the windows!Special Features:
- Continues to impressEkfrancisDined on 8/16/2014This is the first time we visited for dinner and were very impressed. Andrew was our server and he was extremely kind with my dairy free restrictions. It was the final touch to a lovely day Vermont day trip from Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed visiting Simon Pearce in Vt. Their old location on the Brandywine River in PA was a favorite and this one did not disappoint. Our server was very professional and friendly. We even bumped into her on the hiking trail the next day. The striped bass was delicious and the brown bread was so yummy.Special Features:
- DisappointingsuebieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Based on all the reviews and accolades, we were psyched for a great meal. Unfortunately, the food didn't deliver. Scallop appetizer and striped bass specual were over cooked. Go to watch the glass blowing but eat elsewhere.
- Beautiful restaurant-uneven serviceNYCLESdinerDined on 8/15/2014We returned for dinner the other night after happening upon the restaurant a year ago. Last year we had a great meal, great wine, and service. It was not at the same level across the board this visit. Nothing awful, but service and food delivery was uneven. I had to pour most of our own wine, we were very hungry when we sat down so we especially noticed that it took a while for our bread to come, and our salad course was skipped, but they politely took our entrees back and brought the salad. Again, nothing awful and the food was good. We'd still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best resturant on our tripLuvSockESoosheDined on 8/14/2014Our waiter was very helpful in picking out great food and wine combinations. Food was outstanding, desert great, wine excellent, service fantastic.Special Features:
- What a view! a lovely dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant is lovely, the service is very good, the food is fit for a foodie but the view of the river will keep you coming back. Be sure to come early and see the glass works, the art to blowing glass is amazing to say. We had the cheese tray which I loved the blue cheese and the beets salad was very good.Special Features:
- TripfoodiesDined on 8/13/2014The setting is scenic ... A old mill building set along a river, which rushes over a dam creating a waterfall. Wonderful views for window tables! Food is excellent. We had roasted duck and short rib for entrees, beautifully plated. Servers were pleasant to all customers and helpful with special requests. As we left for the evening, the young man who was bar tending thanked us and wished us well as we left! Adjacent to the restaurant is Simon Pearce glassworks and retail store. There are glassblowers working until 11 PM on production pieces. These artisans are friendly and willing to speak to you as they work. The glass is beautiful but can be expensive. Altogether very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at Simon PearceactoniteDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant has been probably the most consistently good spot of any we have gone to over the years. We've been dining there a few times a year for almost as long as its been open, and has never disappointed. We had mentioned on our Open Table reservation that it was our anniversary and they gave us one of the best tables in the place, directly overlooking the falls on the screened porch. Since we're usually there during the winter, it was wonderful to experience this "other side" of Simon Pearce.Special Features:
- Lovely Summer EveningBirdGirlDined on 8/9/2014The setting was perfect for a beautiful Summer Saturday evening. Our table by the window overlooking the falls as the sun faded could not have been nicer. The colorful hot air balloon that floated unexpectedly close by completed the picture. And the food! Horseradish encrusted cod was accompanied by unusual crispy leeks and creamy mashed potatoes. A cheese sampler, fresh green salad and colorful beet salad were all delicious. A highlight of the meal was a homemade blueberry sorbet made by the woman tending bar. Refreshingly tart without too much sugar. Yum! The service was friendly and efficient. We will be back!Special Features:
- Always a lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Every time we go to Simon Pearce we have a wonderful meal and remind ourselves we should go more often. Request a table near the waterfall. The view is spectacular. My mark of a good chef is the salad. The frisée salad here is delicious. Cod with horseradish crust is my favorite entree. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!floyd59Dined on 8/7/2014The service was outstanding, the food was great and our table was amazing, we had fantastic view! Our only complaint was that we ordered a scallop appetizer to share and there were just TWO scallops on the plate!! At $13, that's $6.50 a scallop! They were delicious scallops, and it would have been nice to have a few more. Otherwise, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!SprucegooseDined on 8/7/2014Plan on arriving at 5:30PM in order to get a waterside table on the porch. You will not be disappointed with the view. Food is always great here, local ingredients, well portioned and balanced, but it's the view taht makes the experience memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful ambiance and foodCarolinaDined on 8/5/2014always a pleasure to enjoy the view and wonderful presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ExperienceeuphemismoDined on 8/4/2014We had a wonderful table overlooking the river, and watching kids high dive into it. This is a magnificent restaurant with great food and service. Don't miss it, if you have a chance to get a reservation with open table.Special Features:
- California VisitorsFrannyandJimDined on 8/3/2014We drove up from Hampstead, NH specifically to take our visiting friends to Simon Pearce. We watched the glassblowers in the afternoon and came back for dinner in the evening. What a terrific place!! The view over the waterfall to the covered bridge was surreal for the Californians. They very, very much enjoyed the food and the service was impeccable. Although they invited us to come for a wine tour and dinner in Napa Valley, they were quick to state that our expectations should be set a bit below the experience of Simon Pearce. Great Job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It apparently doesn't matterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014We arrived at 4:00pm for a 5:30 reservation - We checked in with the hostess with our name and table preference - This was our 25th wedding Anniversary and the table location was important to us. I then proceeded to wait at the first place in line. At 5:30pm when they started seating - I was bypassed for the second and third parties in line which checked in at 5:15pm and 5:25pm respectively and we were seated third after they place couple # 2 in the seat we had requested. We have gone her for 20 years but will probably not return - the food quality has diminished and the Hostess seemed to care less when I complained about the seating - They graciously offered us either a cheese plate or our desert on the house to make up for this
- Beautiful settingnovelwriterDined on 8/1/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Simon Pearce. I made our reservations months in advance after hearing how popular it is. We were blessed to get a waterfall table, right in the corner - the best table in the house - it was amazing! The food was good but I felt my chicken was a bit dry and be aware that you might not know what the items on the menu are. It's a very limited menu and very trendy ingredients. The best part of dinner was the dessert, dark chocolate mousse with pureed raspberries. Our waitress was a little slow, but she allowed us to enjoy our evening and didn't rush us to turn the table. A definite go-to if you are in the Woodstock/Quechee VT area. Reservations are highly suggested.Special Features:
- Wonderful!YummyDined on 7/31/2014This was a real treat. The food, ambience and service were wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ideal spot for a special nightKellyDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a Vernont getaway, including a beautiful dinner at Simon Pearce. While we didn't get our requested table with a view of the falls, we enjoyed the ambiance on the enclosed terrace with the sound of the falls. Service was excellent. Wine selection very good and the Vermont Cheddar soup???? Well, forget calorie counting because this is a must try. I enjoyed that the restaurant is connected to their glass blowing facility and retail store. Nice to take home a little something to mark the occasion! We thought about stealing the wine glasses at dinner but added them to our wish list for next year. 😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special eveningNHFriendDined on 7/28/2014The food is always good and it is an enjoyable evening. However, we always seem to lok at the menu and ponder what interests us ... something about the menu/choices/description that leaves us cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, but only OK foodYonkersDined on 7/27/2014Even with a reservation you'll likely need to wait for a table by the water, but if you're willing (and we are) the view of the waterfall and covered bridge is very special. Sometimes the food is very good; this time it was only good. The four cheese plate was "fine" without offering much variety, but the cod wasn't day-boat fresh and although a beef short-ribs special was nicely cooked like the cod it could have used better mashed potatoes (or better yet, a more interesting accompaniment). The special peach tart desert, however, tasted like a school-lunch regular and in keeping with her overall level of absence and disinterest our server barely feigned concern to our reply regarding why it was left 95% uneaten (and brought no replacement).Special Features:
- Great experience at Simon PearceTransfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Outstanding food and ambience! We got lucky and were seated at the best table in the room, open air directly overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Chicken and cod entrees were excellent and creme brulee is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungrypeopleDined on 7/26/2014Felt the menu had limited choices- but the cheddar soup was delicious and so was the vanilla bean creme brulee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special RequestRibeyeDined on 7/26/2014When I made dinner reservations months before, I admit I was sceptical whether my noted special request would be met. Not only was it met.... it exceeded my expectations! Best seat in the house !!! Food and service were phenominal. I was hopeful too that we wouldn't be rushed and we definately weren't. A romantic dinner that will be remembered for a long, long time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed for dinnercrmimiVIPDined on 7/21/2014Both my husband and I were disappointed with dinner here. We have had lunch and loved it. I had swordfish which was well overcooked, and my husband had the duck. One duck leg was very good and the other one was very tough. In fact you could not cut it. I had started with the Vermont cheddar soup, which I wish had been described as with very sharp cheddar cheese. The taste was rather overwhelming. We decided not to try a dessert.Special Features:
- Very Good RestuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant. Great food in a great setting at reasonable prices for what I call fine dining. However, we were a little disappointed that two of the menu items were sold out by the time we ordered (one appetizer and one entree). Our reservation was for 6:30 so not overly late in the evening. A bit of a surprise for such a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- exceptionalLocalReviewerDined on 7/20/2014Designed to showcase Simon Pearce's wares (for sale, conveniently outside of the restaurant), this beautiful restaurant is always busy because it is that good. Our dinner featured multiple courses--and all were exquisite and delicious. The service was also exceptional. Highly recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- ClaremontFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Celebrating a birthday with my daughter. Food was terrific and service was attentive. The tuna was perfection and the steak melted in your mouth. Even the appetizers worth a lot of mmmmms and satisfied sighs! Pricey but worth it once in a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.