Simon Pearce Restaurant
1760 Quechee Main St.
Quechee, VT 05059Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Simon Pearce Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonpearce.com/
- Phone: 8022951470x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30am - 2:45pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner 5:30-9pm each evening
Sunday Brunch 11am - 2:45pm
Reservations accepted for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Gazda, Jerod Rockwell and culinary team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From black tie to Vermont casual, make the occasion and the setting yours. Experience personalized service in a unique and unforgettable setting. The Loft at Simon Pearce is the perfect place to host your next meeting or special event. This private upstairs room in the historic Mill at Quechee was once the home for Simon and his family. Tucked away from the bustle of the retail store and restaurant, The Loft features a quiet and spacious room with grand windows overlooking the Ottauquechee River and falls. Combined with the award-winning American cuisine of Joshua Duda, extensive wine selections and impeccable service, our team will design a truly memorable event for you and your guests. The Loft is an ideal setting for business lunches or dinners, wedding showers, small weddings and private corporate meetings. Guests can watch glassblowers, shop in our retail store, and enjoy the quintessential Vermont dining experience. The Loft will accommodate 72 seated or 100 guests comfortably.
- Special Events: Greetings Wine Lovers!
It is our pleasure to share with you the line up for this year's wine dinner series at Simon Pearce.
Friday, November 14th: “The Wines of Germany” hosted by Rich Girard from PJ Valckenberg and Dawn Rowlee fromGHousen
Friday, January 16th: "Tuscan Wines" hosted by lacopo Di Teodoro from Vignaioli Selection and Rafael Flores from Artisanal Cellars
Friday, February 6th: "Neyers Vineyards" hosted by Bruce Neyers Founder & Dawn Rowlee from GHousen
Friday, March 13th: "Domaine Gerard Metx - Alsace" hosted by Jim Elston from Chemin des vins and Chris Kleeman from Vermont Wine Merchants
Friday, April 10th: "Kermit Lynch Wines" hosted by Lisa Strausser from Kermit Lynch and Dawn Rowlee from GHousen
Each dinner is $85 per person excluding tax, gratuity and additional beverages. Reservations are limited and may be at the restaurant or by calling us at 802.295.1470.
A word from Simon Pearce Restaurant
Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT : Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Simon Pearce Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Quechee ›
Simon Pearce Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (212)special occasion (184)romantic (163)fit for foodies (155)notable wine list (85)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (42)great for brunch (38)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Impeccably sourced local foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent service by committed staff. We were lucky that it was out of season so we were found a seat right by the window overlooking the Quechee Falls. Beautiful. The food was outstanding, all loca, all the provenance explained, and the service was wonderful throughout. Beware the ENORMOUS Glasses of Prosecco!! Worth going early to browse round the shop and to watch them making the glasses in the furnace downstairs...they stay open until 9pm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulbrennenDined on 10/21/2014This might be one of the most beautiful restaurants i have ever visited. When you drive up at night the glass sparkles. The gift shop is absolutely wonderful and lends a shopping bonus to dinner. The menu is very limited but it is seasonal. There were 2 fish, 2 beef, pork and a veggie item. There were a couple of more I just can’t remember because I ponder the ones above mostly. The pork chop was great. Moist and well cooked. I wish I ordered it the moment I tasted it. The cod was good but the horseradish crust had no kick. It tasted mostly like a panko crust. The cod was flaking and not over cooked just a little bland. Definitely want to go back just trying to figure out when.Special Features:
- s. p. always deliversMooseVIPDined on 10/21/2014charming ambiance, dramatic view, outstanding service and good food makes for a winning combination. (the adjacent glass and crafts store displays gorgeous, and very expensive, wares. it's fun to browse here before or after your meal.) foie gras appetizer was bland, scallops were better, the roast duck, supposedly a signature dish, was greasy and inadequately rendered. the salmon (served rare as requested) and pork chop were better. apple crisp and chocolate cake were good desserts but not special. bottom line: everything here is exceptional except inconsistency in the quality of the food. ultimately the key question is "would you go back"? our answer is an unreserved "yes", but we will order more selectively.Special Features:
- Florida Return guestsWillreturnDined on 10/19/2014I was at Simon Pearce Queechee 12 years ago for business trip, and prayed it had retained it's flavorful, beautiful food presentations and attentive service. Did not disappoint in the least!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingdkdartmouthDined on 10/18/2014Enough said, I love Simon Pearce and will continue to recommend to friends and go for occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupeerDined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere and the food were excellent. One of our favorite restaurants nts in all of New England.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Autumn Saturday night dinnerKATRINADined on 10/18/2014The table for 8 awaited us; the large room in which we were located had no sound absorbing features, so a conversation across the table was impossible, and a conversation with a person beside you was difficult at best. However, the menu selections were excellent, the server was friendly and excellent. The single shortcoming was the roar of other conversations in the room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top class restaurantconure1Dined on 10/16/2014We loved our dinner here. The food was top notch, the service exceptional and the food was excellent. The ambiance cannot be beat. We requested table #5 for our aaniversary and it was a beautiful view of the covered bridge and Ottauquechee river.îSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialfrech21Dined on 10/14/2014This is always a treat! The ambiance, food and wine are terrific. Great for special occasions, like important anniversaries or celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningPerfectniteDined on 10/12/2014We have discovered the ability of internet ads to greatly overstate the "character" of a advertised place. Simon Pearce was beyond our expectations. From the beauty of the facility to the surrounding natural scenic beauty every aspect of our visit exceeded our hopes. Our tenderloin entree was one if the best we've ever tasted and the service above and beyond. Our evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Never been disappointed with the food or staff. Enjoy the porch with the view. Our reservation was for 6 P.M. and the porch was filled up. Had the last window table and it was a pleasant change with a view. Glad to see the covered bridge back where it had stood for so many years. All in all a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Seamusp2Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent restaurant. Great views and ambiance. Service and food are also top notch.Special Features:
- Gem of a placeJeffPuffDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I are so glad we stumbled upon Simon Pearce. They have outstanding food, outstanding service and an amazing atmosphere with views to boot. Even though we had one of the last reservations for the evening, we didn't feel rushed at all. We were able to take our time to savor our meal and enjoy the ambiance. We will be sure to make Simon Pearce part of our Vermont tradition going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemRRS3Dined on 10/11/2014Third time visitor. Will always be on my list when I visit the area. Great foodie localSpecial Features:
- Nothing SpecialTake2Dined on 10/10/2014Great location and interesting combination of a working glass blowing studio and a restaurant poised alongside the Quechee River. Crying baby at next table, bland food and hurried meal combine to make this a once and done experience. We can now say we went, but we won't go back.Special Features:
- Will not try again.OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/9/2014Every couple of years we try to dine at this restaurant and each time we have been disappointed. We arrived early for our reservation due to change in our schedule. Despite there being many open tables we were told they would seat us in a hour. We are 100 miles from home, tired, and hungry. Had a lovely meal at the Parker House Inn. They know customer service there.
- Great spotfromVADined on 10/9/2014We go to Simon Pearce whenever we are in New England. We had not been in several years, but when we went this year, we were not disappointed. Get there early to watch how they make their glassware products. Always fascinating.Special Features:
- Outstanding eating experienceRosandJohnontourDined on 10/8/2014Simon Pearce is a fine restaurant - the location, service and of course the food are first class. We arrived late afternoon and walked in the nearby countryside then spent some time in the workshop watching very talented young people creating fantastic glassware. That left time to visit the shop and the chance to buy a "memory". Our evening meal in the restaurant was perfect. Not a cheap meal out but great value and worth every penny.Special Features:
- OutstandingshipfixerDined on 10/8/2014First time we had been there for dinner. Previous meals were lunch and always wonderful. This time it was our 49 anniversary. The creme. brûlée Was done to perfection. Now that we live in Florida our visits will be even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Great food and atmosphere. We eat there every time we are in Woodstock.Special Features:
- Disappointed at bestMar1Dined on 10/7/2014I made my reservations 5 weeks in advance. It was my son's 50th birthday and I had my whole family there. I made two requests that were very important to me. I asked for a table with a view and a birthday cake. Neither request was granted. When we asked politely for a new table they had a canned speech about how they couldn't guarantee a request. There were empty tables in the room next to ours that had a view. When I complained about no cake they redeemed themselves with a small gift for my son. The food was excellent, the services was good and despite not having simple requests granted, I will return. You can't beat the ambiance. If you have a special request, call and speak to the manager directly-maybe that will work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The very definition of fine dining!EllieDined on 10/5/2014I have been to Simon Pearce for both lunch and dinner many times. It is always just perfect, from the food to the service , right down to every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I had a great meal. I had Duck, it was very good. My wife had the tenderloin she could cut it with a fork. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itSarasworld1Dined on 10/5/2014The view saves it, but the restaurant is subpar and servers have attitude. Come for the day to see the glass blowing and the beautiful views. Eat somewhere else!Special Features:
- forpetessakeDined on 10/4/2014It was a terrific experience from all parties involved It was birthday surprise for my wife and i needed to make last minute arrangements for additional diners on busiest weekend of year and they handled with no problem.Special Features:
- Great restaurant.WestonRunnerDined on 10/4/2014We have been to this restaurant a number of times, but unfortunately only once a year at most. The food is excellent, the wine list is extensive and service is first rate. The setting on the river is magnificent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Simon Pearce . The food was delicious and interesting and the staff were attentive. The meal courses were served quite quickly and the evening flowed nicely. We were a bit miffed that the people ahead of us were "walk ins"-we had booked, and they were given the last table over the falls while we were given the "just as lovely " river view table. Only problem was it was pitch black and the river could not be seen!! It would seem lighting the river area with gentle lights would be a lovely thing to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and CaringSnowAngelsVIPDined on 10/1/2014I do think this place cares about their food. Not all places do that. Although my entrée could have been served a bit warmer, it did not take away from the evening. The new warm spinach salad had great flavors and not drenched in dressing. The corn fritters were super tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service, Food, ViewBruce79VIPDined on 9/30/2014The Simon Pearce Restaurant is our all-time favorite for their outstanding service, delectable food and spectacular view of the Ottaquechee River, waterfall and covered bridge. Our most recent visit was for a business dinner with clients from out of town, and we noticed the staff's adjusted service level. For family and friend gatherings, the staff is so friendly and welcoming, they're almost a part of the family. But for last evening's dinner with clients, they adjusted their service to be attentive but not intrusive, as they could see how engaged we were in our discussion. This is a rare quality in service, and was much appreciated. We highly recommend Simon Pearce for any occasion - whether business or pleasure. You will be delighted.Special Features:
- a restaurant with a viewBittyDined on 9/30/2014The view from this restaurant is stunning, well worth a trip. Food is very good, menu is quite small, friendly service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A destination worth the distanceKikiDined on 9/28/2014Simon Pearce in Quechee, VT offers so much....the restaurant is elegant in its simplicity and the food is delicious, as well as artfully prepared and presented,....the views are lovely from the dining room overlooking the falls....and then there is the enticing shop filled with beautiful glass, and now hand-made wooden items and pottery....the incredible experience of watching glass-blowing is there while you wait for your table or as a destination experience in itself....all in one very special setting. It is truly a taste of the artistic life of the Pearce family. Incredible! And for an over the top artistic experience, go to Windsor, VT to their large glassblowing and pottery factories! An unforgettable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite in the Upper Valley!Bear59Dined on 9/28/2014Love this stylish restaurant with its attentive service & good quality food. This time, in addition to our mixed green salads, we particularly loved the scallop appetizer and would have liked more than just two per person! For entrees, we chose the crispy roast duck with Himalayan red rice & haricots verts and the cod with mashed potatoes & crispy leeks, both always very popular & good. Desserts varied: one friend enjoyed her white chocolate mousse cake with raspberry sauce, another the Strafford ice-cream with a chocolate sauce, while another friend and I share my favorite walnut meringue with whipped cream and strawberry sauce and whipped cream. A very nice claret and a non-alcoholic Putney cider fit the drinks bill last night.Special Features:
- LarryVIPDined on 9/28/2014fabulous dining experience. We've been here a number of times and always love it.Special Features:
- Great restaurantkeithmVIPDined on 9/28/2014Simon Pierce is always a great destination. The food & view are outstanding. We started with Butternut Squash Bisque(could have enjoyed a gallon..that good!)We also had the warm Spinach salad, again very nice. For mains we had the Salmon & Duck. Both were excellent. Only complaint on the Salmon(and other seafood)rather miserly portions! For a bill that topped $ 115 the portion side could be more. The dessert(Callebaut Chocolate cake) was decadently good. We still will return, but will probably try something other than the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchmm00001Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, excellent dessert, and fantastic ambiance. My wife and I went for our second anniversary and sat in the semi-outdoors portion of the restaurant, listening to the small waterfall sounds. The foliage was beautiful this time of year and the service was enjoyable. After dinner, we got to enjoy the rest of the facility, and even got to see how they make and blow several pieces of glassware by hand. Great place to go for celebrating something specialSpecial Features:
- TreatNpalloDined on 9/25/2014We come up to Woodstock a few times a year and simon pierce is our first choice for dining. Very consistent and the view is beautiful. Also fun to cruise the glass storeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceTedHDined on 9/24/2014Our reservation was for 8 pm and we were seated promptly. Most of us had the horseradish encrusted cod and it was terriffic....tasty and very well prepared. Really enjoyed the cheddar soup and would highly recommend it, but the highlight was the seasonnally prepared blueberrry sorbet, which was exquisit. I highly recommend this restaurant and suggest that a stop should include time spent touring the glass works and shop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY GETS BETTERAUSFOODIEDined on 9/23/2014Having visited Simon Pearce 15 years ago it was a delight to return and find that the experience not only met but exceeded our expectations in every regard on our recent visit. Good food in an unique location and with the added attraction of the beautiful glass and wood gallery just next door. Well worth a long trip to find this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3amigosDined on 9/23/2014We talked to the waitress about the desert selections and wanting to avoid anything with dark chocolate. (migraines) the white choc. mousse cake came with a dark choc. wafer crust. The wasn't specific about dark choc. in the Opera Cake either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placewyldegeeseDined on 9/22/2014Simon Pearce is a wonderful restaurant with delicious food, superb service, the most elegant setting and magnificent views - indeed a very special place! The crispy duck was as advertised, crispy and cooked perfectly, with a very good chutney sauce, red rice and haricots vert. Simon Pearce Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon was perfect as a pairing - rich, complex, a bit spicy. Opera Cake was a delightful dessert. It is more expensive at dinner than at lunch - which I also recommend most highly- but very much worth it. A perfect restaurant for any celebratory occasion and lovely at any time.Special Features: