Simon & Seafort's
420 L Street
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Simon & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonandseaforts.com/
- Phone: 9072743502x
- Hours of Operation:
Simon & Seafort's serves Lunch Monday through Friday from 11am-2:30pm. Simon's is proud to offer an excellent 45-minute lunch for the business community. WEEKEND BRUNCH Sat & Sun 10am-2:30pm.
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Weekend Brunch: 10am-2:30pm Saturday & Sunday
Dinner: Daily 4:30pm-10pm
Saloon: Mon-Fri 11am-11pm; Sat & Sun 10am-11pm
Daily Happy Hour from 3pm-6:00pm and 9:00pm 'til close in the Saloon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leah Gallahorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between 4th and 5th
- Public Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Simon and Seafort's offers validated parking daily. 2-hour Validation any time when you park in the Captain Cook garage located at 5th & K St. Street parking also available.
A word from Simon & Seafort's
We could tell you that your favorite part about dining with us will be our panoramic views of Mt. Susitna and the Alaska range, or the freshest wild Alaskan seafood in town, or our uncompromising quality of service; but we'll let you decide. Whether you visit us for a business lunch, a dinner full of friends and family, or that oh-so-deserved date night; you will find that our dedication to excellence is apparent at every step. Our Chefs combine wild-Alaskan seafood with traditional American cuisine to create dishes that make memories. For the best Happy hour in town visit us between the hours of 4:30pm and 6pm and from 9pm to closing daily, half price appetizers and featured drink specials are served in the Saloon. So join us, Simon & Seafort's is your everytime restaurant for any occasion. View our menu options at www.simonandseaforts.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Simon & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Simon & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
348 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (267)special occasion (226)fit for foodies (114)romantic (109)great for lunch (77)good for groups (76)notable wine list (52)hot spot (49)neighborhood gem (48)vibrant bar scene (45)great for brunch (37)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (18)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- anchorage excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014My first visit to Simons was 1980.. it was the best then,and remains at the top of the heap today, 30 plus years later. great food,service and hospitality. Professional and personnable at every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S&S seems to have lost lusterakeatingDined on 9/14/2014We've been taking guests to eat here for many years, but our recent visit was a very poor experience. Our food took an extremely long time to arrive - despite us having a couple of drinks & appetizers. Our waiter seemed have disappeared for 15 minutes and someone else brought our food, and it was lukewarm when it arrived. The broccoli was dark green and overcooked. I did let the server know. He asked if I would like another plate, but I told him all our dishes were lukewarm and we did not have time for another round of food to be prepared (I didn't want to make a big deal of it). They also offered us a complimentary dessert for the table to share but we had other dessert plans. The view is great.Special Features:
- Good but lateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014It was a busy Friday night and it took about an hr for us to get our food, but our server was on point with refills and bread. I had the meatloaf which was average but the calamari was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TackyJTexasVIPDined on 9/12/2014I made the reservation and dove in.A lot of good reviews, the hostess greeted right away, shuffled us to the back corner of the restaurant must have thought we were underdressed and did not meet their "high standards".Our first server took our app order, then we got a different server which took our entree order.A third server checked up on us, we asked for the check and the when they came back to us and must have been very put upon that night commented "would you just give that table their check". Sorry for spending our hard earned money to get classless service and mediocre food.Do your self a favor and go to more popular "Alehouse's nearby to get better service, and better than average food".Special Features:
- Best waiter ever!DebspersonalopinionDined on 9/12/2014We had a late lunch in the bar area. The waitress was the best I have ever experienced. Perfect balance of service and attentiveness. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014went for the mushrooms,instead of the cream corn......way too strong smoke flavor,so couldnt eat them,steak was really good,didnt touch my mashed potatoes.....Special Features:
- Decent but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Hoped for a quiet table & exceptional food to celebrate wedding anniversary. Got partial view table in very loud area. Food was good but not worth the $30+ per plate & $18 appetizer. Waiter was quite good but was over-tasked with too many tables.Special Features:
- Inconsistent, unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We have a team dinner here and were hoping to sample some good Alaskan seafood. From our team of 8 people, 3 meals had to be sent back, and at least 2 others had complaints. When one of the members of our party who sent their (cold) fish back decided not to order a second option, she was promptly served with her bill (for wine) as an offer that she was free to leave the establishment. OVerall, none from our party was particularly impressed by the food or service. It was really too bad, because we had all been looking forward to a nice experience. I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend or business colleague.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We wished the introduction to the restaurant would have had better lighting and a larger sign. Food was good, service left a bit to be desired. Would come again if in anchorage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but a hiccup this timeTomkDined on 9/7/2014We frequent this establishment, it is my wife's favorite. Halibut cheeks were not aviailable this time around but they offered to prepare the halibut the same way they do the cheeks, that was very thoughtful. I had the prime rib which is excellently seasoned (minus horseradish). Had to send back as I recieved it with horseradish on the rib. I recieved the same cut of meat back with the horseradish removed, the flavor unfortunately was still on the meat (wiped or washed off?). The waitress who was excellent (Denise) offered to return, but I told her not to (meal delay already). Simon's is excellent and I hope this was just an aberration. Will return though for this is my wife's favorite place.Special Features:
- Great Family EveningCheriDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated a family birthday milestone. This was the perfect location. With a variety of diners with different particular dietary concerns, our server made sure everyone was well taken care of. He was fun and very knowledgeable of the food and willing to be sure we had everything we needed. We would certainly make this a special event dining location again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineandDineWineandDineDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner two times in the month of September and wanted our friends to experience the Halibut Cheeks! Unfortunately, the second time we went, they did not have them! The alternative was good but the service was slow! The wine list is good and we will return.Special Features:
- Great, but slowDavidDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. It was very busy and as a result service was slow. Nearly cancelled an after dinner cappuccino because it took so long to get. Otherwise, a good place to take guests. Waiter was doing the best he could with the workload.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually great, less so this timeDenaliFoodieDined on 9/4/2014S & S is usually a great place. This time my MEATLOAF was dry, the SEAFOOD ÉTOUFFÉE had WAY too much hot seasoning (my guest couldn't eat it) and my Vodka Collins tasted like syrup. My waiter/bartender tried to tell me it couldn't be made less "syrupy." Shockingly lame, but I didn't want to make a scene. I ordered beer. Love this place. Hope my less-than-good experience isn't the beginning of a decline. Will try again and continue recommending.Special Features:
- Melt in your mouth Prime RibTracyDined on 9/2/2014The Prime Rib was outstanding! I wish my mashed potatoes tasted as good as the ones at Simon & Seafort's. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014The service is always consistent and the food is good. We waited a very long time for a table with a view.Special Features:
- Great Food with a ViewDrfoodDined on 9/1/2014This establishment must be doing it right as they have been operating in the same location since the 1970's. You will not be disappointed with anything here. A hotspot for visitors and locals alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner left under heat lamp?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014My husbands steak dinner was requested rare, medium rare. His plate came out with steak that looked burnt, cooked nearly all the way through, and mashed potatoes that were hard and crusty from sitting under the heat lamp for so long (we are assuming). Requested dinner be taken back, and refund for his plate. Management apologized, and did not argue the fact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, Amazing food!JrichDined on 8/31/2014Love the atmosphere. The staff were efficient and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off nightfoodieDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Simons many times and am always amazed at the consistency of the food and service. This night I was somewhat disappointed. The waitstaff was not very attentive and thy is unusual the food tasted good but the presentation was not as expected either.Special Features:
- Outstanding crab hereKayterDined on 8/31/2014We first ate at Simon & Seafort's in the summer of '98. My husband is a loving of crab. Since we would be in Anchorage again we reserved a table. Once again the service was friendly but outstanding. All the staff made us feel special and welcome. The crab we ordered was fresh and abundant. The shrimp were huge and the chowder delicious. We had an excellent meal. The price was fitting with the amount of food you received.Special Features:
- Amazingggg!!!MooreFamDined on 8/30/2014My husband took me Saturday night for my 30th birthday. The good was amazing and our server, Mackey, was wonderful as always. He's such an amazing waiter, we ask for him when we make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJamesDined on 8/30/2014There were three of us two fish orders one prime rib. Fish was excellent, prime rib good but not great, a little chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantCharlieBrownDined on 8/27/2014For birthdays and anniversaries and for any time. We love the views it offers. We always have a great meal and service is always pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big DisappointmentOldPickyDined on 8/27/2014We had eaten at Simon and Seafort's 18 years ago and we're inamored with their crab legs. However this time the crab legs were a big disappointment. They were not very tasty, and were served only warm, not hot. We Also hAd The Prime Rib But It Was "Chewy", Under Cooked, And Not Very Hot. However The Service Was good. Was Way over-Priced For Whst We Were Served.Special Features:
- Special occasionjeastDined on 8/26/2014Great place for an upscale night on the town, cocktails or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Our AnniversaryjohnhanscomDined on 8/26/2014It was our 47th, and we came with 5 friends. The table was fixed specially, there were free desserts, and our server, Amber, did a great job. I wish it could be less noisy, and my wife was disappointed there was not fresh horseradish for her prime rib. She found the horseradish sauce given too spicy.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014It was very crowded for a Monday night so must be popular with locals and well attended by travelers. We were seated fairly quickly even though there were many waiting (pays to make a reservation!) our server was very nice, helpful, attentive but not bothering us while we dined, and we had a very nice experience. Will highly recommend for those visiting Anchorage for business OR pleasure. Thanks Open Table for your assistance...........Special Features:
- My Favorite in AnchoragejillDined on 8/25/2014Love to celebrate birthdays there. Always a good dining experience.great service ,and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodakmeanmugginDined on 8/25/2014We had a company dinner at Simon's and it was fabulous! The appetizers, crab dip especially, are delicious. I had the filet mignon and it was so tender and prepared just right.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJerberDined on 8/24/2014We, a group of 7, met up for my birthday dinner. It was a great time, food was good - kind of lacking in the burst of flavor that it used to have, but still good. I should have gotten a to go box instead of force eating and I could have enjoyed it the next day too. I have loved this restaurant for almost if not 30 years and go there whenever I can for a nice dinner. Downsides - the drink, a virgin daquari, was alcohol tasting - although they replaced it it was still in the back of my mind. Friend had a really salty scallop dish, they did replace it without the sauce and it was better My free dessert was brought originally as the wrong one. All of these were fixed and taken off the bill but I feel it could've been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining with a great viewcbookDined on 8/23/2014I had a choice between this and another restaurant and I am so glad I chose Simon & Seafort's! The staff was excellent and well versed on the menu. The food was well prepared and delicious and the view over the water was beautiful. I highly recommend visiting if you are in Anchorage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceKantishnaakDined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation and inquired about a window table and that it was a special occasion being a birthday. They were totally accommodating. The food was awesome and our service attentive, not intrusive, they took care of everything for my daughter's birthday to make it extra special. .Special Features:
- Cruise ship menagerieColoradofoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The bar was dirty and odoriferous, loud, there was no obvious effort to clean tables for people having a drink while waiting to be seated despite the obvious concerns that a large population of cruise ship people bring to the table. We ordered the red king crab, which was served partially heated, with soggy shells. The biggest disappointment was the so called famous au gratin potatoes that looked and tasted like they had been reheated, at least once. The price point was very high. This was the biggest disappointment of a restaurant we have had in a long time.
- Noise level too highHearinghardDined on 8/22/2014As usual, the noise level in the restaurant is so loud that it prevents conversation. One of these days it would be nice to see more sound deadening materials used in the decor.Special Features:
- Terrific date nightJakesRavingFanDined on 8/21/2014Terrific food - my wife had the king crab legs and I had the halibut cheeks. Wonderful view as we saw s gorgeous sunset. The service was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuffed halibut!HeronAKDined on 8/21/2014I rarely order fish in restaurants because it's often overcooked but their signature crab stuffed halibut was excellent. Great cocktails, wonderful service, happy to pay the money for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples18Dined on 8/20/2014Not overly impressed while food was good when it finally arrived.However We had a Reservation for 8pm and we were not seated until 9pm and then didn't see wait staff until 9:15 by then already frustrated with service.. Server Apologizes we never heard from management.. This Restaurant was highly recommended to us, However, I don't feel it was worth the time we spent there getting service.. They clearly overbooked and understaffed... If you have a choice or don't mind spending 3+ Hours getting dinner then by all means stop by but bring your sleeping bag and a snickers bar you may be there a while...Special Features:
- Simon and SeafortsLvfoodDined on 8/20/2014I've given Simon and Seaforts many chances, each experience worse than the last. It seems they have a knack for over cooking their food from dried out halibut, to soupy mashed potatoes, with an exception to beef, which has a tendency to be undercooked.
- A First: Poor Dinner at SimonsNotForUsDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I both ordered the 'special' 3 course meal. Both meals were overly salty, soggy and subpar. We have eaten at Simon's for many years and never been disappointed. This was a first. Not up to Simon's standards or our expectation of the type of meal we expect to have. We will try again in a few months.I would recommend this to a friend.