Simon & Seafort's
420 L Street
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Simon & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonandseaforts.com/
- Phone: 9072743502x
- Hours of Operation:
Simon & Seafort's serves Lunch Monday through Friday from 11am-2:30pm. Simon's is proud to offer an excellent 45-minute lunch for the business community. WEEKEND BRUNCH Sat & Sun 10am-2:30pm.
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Weekend Brunch: 10am-2:30pm Saturday & Sunday
Dinner: Daily 4:30pm-10pm
Saloon: Mon-Fri 11am-11pm; Sat & Sun 10am-11pm
Daily Happy Hour from 3pm-6:00pm and 9:00pm 'til close in the Saloon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leah Gallahorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between 4th and 5th
- Public Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Simon and Seafort's offers validated parking daily. 2-hour Validation any time when you park in the Captain Cook garage located at 5th & K St. Street parking also available.
A word from Simon & Seafort's
We could tell you that your favorite part about dining with us will be our panoramic views of Mt. Susitna and the Alaska range, or the freshest wild Alaskan seafood in town, or our uncompromising quality of service; but we'll let you decide. Whether you visit us for a business lunch, a dinner full of friends and family, or that oh-so-deserved date night; you will find that our dedication to excellence is apparent at every step. Our Chefs combine wild-Alaskan seafood with traditional American cuisine to create dishes that make memories. For the best Happy hour in town visit us between the hours of 4:30pm and 6pm and from 9pm to closing daily, half price appetizers and featured drink specials are served in the Saloon. So join us, Simon & Seafort's is your everytime restaurant for any occasion. View our menu options at www.simonandseaforts.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Simon & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Simon & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
358 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (277)special occasion (233)romantic (114)fit for foodies (112)great for lunch (86)good for groups (78)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (53)notable wine list (49)great for brunch (48)neighborhood gem (41)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Great view, Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Love the atmosphere. The staff were efficient and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off nightfoodieDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Simons many times and am always amazed at the consistency of the food and service. This night I was somewhat disappointed. The waitstaff was not very attentive and thy is unusual the food tasted good but the presentation was not as expected either.Special Features:
- Amazingggg!!!MooreFamDined on 8/30/2014My husband took me Saturday night for my 30th birthday. The good was amazing and our server, Mackey, was wonderful as always. He's such an amazing waiter, we ask for him when we make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJamesDined on 8/30/2014There were three of us two fish orders one prime rib. Fish was excellent, prime rib good but not great, a little chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantCharlieBrownDined on 8/27/2014For birthdays and anniversaries and for any time. We love the views it offers. We always have a great meal and service is always pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big DisappointmentOldPickyDined on 8/27/2014We had eaten at Simon and Seafort's 18 years ago and we're inamored with their crab legs. However this time the crab legs were a big disappointment. They were not very tasty, and were served only warm, not hot. We Also hAd The Prime Rib But It Was "Chewy", Under Cooked, And Not Very Hot. However The Service Was good. Was Way over-Priced For Whst We Were Served.Special Features:
- Our AnniversaryjohnhanscomDined on 8/26/2014It was our 47th, and we came with 5 friends. The table was fixed specially, there were free desserts, and our server, Amber, did a great job. I wish it could be less noisy, and my wife was disappointed there was not fresh horseradish for her prime rib. She found the horseradish sauce given too spicy.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014It was very crowded for a Monday night so must be popular with locals and well attended by travelers. We were seated fairly quickly even though there were many waiting (pays to make a reservation!) our server was very nice, helpful, attentive but not bothering us while we dined, and we had a very nice experience. Will highly recommend for those visiting Anchorage for business OR pleasure. Thanks Open Table for your assistance...........Special Features:
- My Favorite in AnchoragejillDined on 8/25/2014Love to celebrate birthdays there. Always a good dining experience.great service ,and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodakmeanmugginDined on 8/25/2014We had a company dinner at Simon's and it was fabulous! The appetizers, crab dip especially, are delicious. I had the filet mignon and it was so tender and prepared just right.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJerberDined on 8/24/2014We, a group of 7, met up for my birthday dinner. It was a great time, food was good - kind of lacking in the burst of flavor that it used to have, but still good. I should have gotten a to go box instead of force eating and I could have enjoyed it the next day too. I have loved this restaurant for almost if not 30 years and go there whenever I can for a nice dinner. Downsides - the drink, a virgin daquari, was alcohol tasting - although they replaced it it was still in the back of my mind. Friend had a really salty scallop dish, they did replace it without the sauce and it was better My free dessert was brought originally as the wrong one. All of these were fixed and taken off the bill but I feel it could've been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceKantishnaakDined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation and inquired about a window table and that it was a special occasion being a birthday. They were totally accommodating. The food was awesome and our service attentive, not intrusive, they took care of everything for my daughter's birthday to make it extra special. .Special Features:
- Cruise ship menagerieColoradofoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The bar was dirty and odoriferous, loud, there was no obvious effort to clean tables for people having a drink while waiting to be seated despite the obvious concerns that a large population of cruise ship people bring to the table. We ordered the red king crab, which was served partially heated, with soggy shells. The biggest disappointment was the so called famous au gratin potatoes that looked and tasted like they had been reheated, at least once. The price point was very high. This was the biggest disappointment of a restaurant we have had in a long time.
- Noise level too highHearinghardDined on 8/22/2014As usual, the noise level in the restaurant is so loud that it prevents conversation. One of these days it would be nice to see more sound deadening materials used in the decor.Special Features:
- Terrific date nightJakesRavingFanDined on 8/21/2014Terrific food - my wife had the king crab legs and I had the halibut cheeks. Wonderful view as we saw s gorgeous sunset. The service was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuffed halibut!HeronAKDined on 8/21/2014I rarely order fish in restaurants because it's often overcooked but their signature crab stuffed halibut was excellent. Great cocktails, wonderful service, happy to pay the money for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples18Dined on 8/20/2014Not overly impressed while food was good when it finally arrived.However We had a Reservation for 8pm and we were not seated until 9pm and then didn't see wait staff until 9:15 by then already frustrated with service.. Server Apologizes we never heard from management.. This Restaurant was highly recommended to us, However, I don't feel it was worth the time we spent there getting service.. They clearly overbooked and understaffed... If you have a choice or don't mind spending 3+ Hours getting dinner then by all means stop by but bring your sleeping bag and a snickers bar you may be there a while...Special Features:
- Simon and SeafortsLvfoodDined on 8/20/2014I've given Simon and Seaforts many chances, each experience worse than the last. It seems they have a knack for over cooking their food from dried out halibut, to soupy mashed potatoes, with an exception to beef, which has a tendency to be undercooked.
- A First: Poor Dinner at SimonsNotForUsDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I both ordered the 'special' 3 course meal. Both meals were overly salty, soggy and subpar. We have eaten at Simon's for many years and never been disappointed. This was a first. Not up to Simon's standards or our expectation of the type of meal we expect to have. We will try again in a few months.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceMarathonrunnerDined on 8/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Service was excellent and food was very good. Decent portions and great flavor. Macky is a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTerriAnnDined on 8/17/2014This was the best place we ever ate at wondeful food great veiws and excellent service. We where very very impressed and can"t wait to come to Alaska agin to eat in Anchorage at Simons and SeafortsSpecial Features:
- Excellent but noisythekiddocDined on 8/16/2014The only problem with Simon's is noise level. Food and service are excellent. And the view is good too. We take friends from Outside here, and sometimes dine for special occasions as well.Special Features:
- great food...badviewDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time there, we got a table facing the kitchen entrance. The route to our table was by where the food comes out and the floor was extremely slippery. The food was amazing but I felt like I had the overcrowded left over table. My experience would have been amazing at a window seat..the whole time I was trying to get a glimpse of the view by sitting up over the table right to the left of me. Or wish that to be an option when I made the reservation. Me looking at servers exit the kitchen was not a romantic setting for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suckedJohnnyVIPDined on 8/16/2014It felt like we had an overpriced brunch at a holiday Inn.
- A favorite restaurant for decades!fanofSimonSeafortsDined on 8/15/2014Our family and friends have enjoyed Simon and Seaforts, Anchorage, since it's opening decades ago! We used to host and hold an annual convention each fall at the Captain Cook Hotel (8 years running in the 1980s. I was the coordinator for the 8 days of meetings.). Your restaurant was OBVIOUSLY a hot spot being so close to the Cook! Over the past 35 years, my now expanded family (kids and grandkids) love to access Simon and Seaforts when they are in state visiting.Special Features:
- One Of my favorites!GearDined on 8/12/2014Best service ever with a light hearted attitude and great recommendations on wine and specials. We had to wait a while after our reservation time, which was disappointing but it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerbobkatDined on 8/11/2014We just had our 40th anniversary dinner at Simon's and Seaforts. The food was great and the server, Amber, was absolutely the best. We just can't wait to go back again. It was a little noisey, but it worked for us. They had red rose pedals on our table, and Amber met our every need. It's just a great restaurant and obviously is our favorite in all of Anchorage. In fact, we drove from Wasilla, 50 miles away, to go to Simon's and Seaforts. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, JoshPrimeRibLoverDined on 8/11/2014Josh, our server, was very knowledgeable about the full menu, and attentive to every detail. We have dinner at Simon's as a special occasion for birthdays, holidays, and our anniversaries...this was our 24th. The clam chowder was fabulous, per usual, with more clam flavor than most other recipes. It never needs pepper to add flavor! And of course, the prime rib was superb, with Josh communicating my special request to the chef staff so that it came back exactly like I wanted. Josh checked in on us regularly with us to make sure everything was OK, even though he had other tables to keep track of, including one with with 9 or 10 family members from three generations. A pleasant, moderately paced dinner. We will be back again!Special Features:
- First time for brunchAklynnDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed first weekend brunch, we are long time fans of dinner at Simon's. Fish tacos were excellent just the right amount of spicy. Husband enjoyed his bacon & eggs breakfast choice and nephew loved the crab sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014This was not the first time I had eaten @ Simon & Seaforts but it was the first time for my guest. The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S & S didn't dissapoint great food,HankZDined on 8/8/2014great service, especially given it was a full house on a Friday night. We went for the seafood and everyone at our table of 6 was pleased. The only thing negative I would say is it's pretty pricey. Other than that I would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost RelevancebadcooksDined on 8/8/2014Food sat waiting for delivery, was cold, and under par. I could have cooked my scallops better at home. It arrived looking like rubber pucks covered in veg - all and onion rings. Husband's dish arrived with super overcooked broccoli. Desert was the only good thing out of a box. Restaurant has lost relevance over the years. Get better cooks!Special Features:
- greatm3n4c3Dined on 8/8/2014Great food and atmosphere as always. This is my anniversary and special occasion spot. Next time I hope the ribs are available. It my favorite dish. Vanilla burnt creme is the perfect desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food eventuallyBethDined on 8/8/2014We had one night for a nice dinner in Anchorage and chose this based on reviews and recommendations. It is beautiful inside and you might have a nice view of the Cook Inlet. I had the salmon special and my husband, the halibut special. The food came but both of our dinners were luke warm. Given the prices, we decided to let the server know. They were very good about bringing us another serving. Mine was fine but my husband's was almost cold. On the third try, he got a nice warm halibut dish. The manager delivered the 2nd &3rd rounds which we much appreciated. The food was excellent - well seasoned and delicious - but I wouldn't have expected the lack of warmth from a restaurant of this renown. The mgr. comped us desserts - nice. recommendSpecial Features:
- Great food but....GskyDined on 8/8/2014Came from FL, called to see if Halibut Cheeks, (to die for) were available in August. Woman we spoke with said yes. Got here and waiter said they were out of season. Fishermen we were with next day told us they were in season, so - that was not good experience. Need consistency or honesty - one or both. Nevertheless , one of best restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningSabrinabcatDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful food and service. Prime Rib was so flavorful. Sides were also flavorful. Vegetables cooked well. Salad was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The End of The TripRegularsDined on 8/7/2014We visit Alaska on a regular basis and always make a reservation at Simon & Seafort's on the night before we fly home. It always leaves a great lasting memory of a beautiful state.Special Features:
- tallyDined on 8/7/2014S and S came highly recommended and lived up to it's billing. Our group of six from the Southeast US thoroughly enjoyed the food(great choices) and ambiance before departing the following day for a week of fishing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing to TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014I ordered meatloaf and was given fish. When our bill arrived, I was charged for both the meatloaf and the fish. It was my wife's birthday, and just before we left the waitress gave her a small bowl of whipped cream with a candle in it. It would have been a nice touch if she had also brought a spoon. All in all, it was a very disappointing visit. We been Simon & Seafort's customers since it opened in the 70's. I doubt we'll be back. To add insult to injury, both my meatloaf and my wife's fish were dry -- not ruined but a little overcooked.
- Fantastic as usual !PetvetDined on 8/5/2014We entertained out of town guests for dinner and, as usual, wowed them with the food, the service and the view. You consistently give top notch service and excellent food. So we will continue to entertain @ Simons not only to impress our guests, but also for our own personal pleasure. Simon's is truly an Anchorage gem...we appreciate you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.