Simon & Seafort's
420 L Street
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Simon & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonandseaforts.com/
- Phone: (907) 274-3502
- Hours of Operation:
Simon & Seafort's serves Lunch Monday through Friday from 11am-2:30pm. Simon's is proud to offer an excellent 45-minute lunch for the business community. WEEKEND BRUNCH Sat & Sun 10am-2:30pm.
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Weekend Brunch: 10am-2:30pm Saturday & Sunday
Dinner: Daily 4:30pm-10pm
Saloon: Mon-Fri 11am-11pm; Sat & Sun 10am-11pm
Daily Happy Hour from 3pm-6:00pm and 9:00pm 'til close in the Saloon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leah Gallahorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between 4th and 5th
- Public Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Simon and Seafort's offers validated parking daily. 2-hour Validation any time when you park in the Captain Cook garage located at 5th & K St. Street parking also available.
A word from Simon & Seafort's
We could tell you that your favorite part about dining with us will be our panoramic views of Mt. Susitna and the Alaska range, or the freshest wild Alaskan seafood in town, or our uncompromising quality of service; but we'll let you decide. Whether you visit us for a business lunch, a dinner full of friends and family, or that oh-so-deserved date night; you will find that our dedication to excellence is apparent at every step. Our Chefs combine wild-Alaskan seafood with traditional American cuisine to create dishes that make memories. For the best Happy hour in town visit us between the hours of 4:30pm and 6pm and from 9pm to closing daily, half price appetizers and featured drink specials are served in the Saloon. So join us, Simon & Seafort's is your everytime restaurant for any occasion. View our menu options at www.simonandseaforts.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Simon & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Simon & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (219)special occasion (194)romantic (117)fit for foodies (109)good for groups (78)great for lunch (55)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (51)vibrant bar scene (36)great for brunch (34)hot spot (34)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- first seating menu isn't as good as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014But it's still a decent value & the ambiance was great early. The later in the evening the octaves go up. I don't like it when it's crowded. Too noisy then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentAKBikerDined on 11/18/2014The food is consistently excellent along with the service. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningColleenDined on 11/16/2014We made a reservation online and in the "special request" box mentioned that it was our anniversary. Our table was strewn with fresh rose petals--a very nice touch. At the end of our meal, we were offered two dessert choices for free. We chose to eat a different dessert, but the waiter offered to put one of the free desserts in a box for us to take home, which was very nice. The food was excellent, the waiter was appropriately attentive, and there was no obnoxious music or other distractions. Unfortunately, the cost of the meal does mean that this is a special-occasion-only restaurant for us (there are few entrees in the $20 range and none below that), but it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchKD1977Dined on 11/9/2014I come at least 3 times a month I Love the brunch menu ,everything is great I wouldn't change a thingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal timelinessTTMTVIPDined on 11/8/2014It was very slow getting our food during this visit. The waitress never did offer us their typical bread and butter before dinner. Our food was very tasty tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLuraLouCDined on 11/7/2014Overall, we had a decent time. The food was good and our server was nice, but it was my birthday and all I got was a few pieces on confetti on the table. I left let down because anywhere else you would get a small dessert and candle or something to that affect. Maybe they could start doing this. It'd be a nice touch.Special Features:
- Showing some wear and tearRubyMtnGeoDined on 11/6/2014S&S remains a very decent place but is showing some signs of age. Not that it detracts from the food, but you cannot help noticing the frayed upholstery and scarred woodwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwayslakesidegalVIPDined on 11/5/2014Business dinner with coworkers. The food was wonderful as always, service was great. Stuffed Halibut was to die for.Special Features:
- Always GreatRobertoDined on 11/2/2014I have been patronizing Simon and Seafort's for more than thirty years. Always, great and one of Anchorage's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014On this night, although the server was friendly and nice, we waited a long time for everything. The best service was the young man pouring the water! It was noisy, but we expected that.Special Features:
- Excellence ExperienceMondoDined on 10/31/2014A group of us went here to celebrate my wife's birthday an was no disappointed. We had reservations and were quickly seated a window table with a nice view. The server was very personable and providing us with quick and courteous service. The food was excellent, especially the prime rib which several of us ordered and was prepared perfectly. Yes it is a little pricey but still a great location for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My worst dining experience hereRaider66Dined on 10/29/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times and have previously enjoyed it. Not this time. The salad was just a bunch of bitter lettuce, an old time dinner salad would have been much better. I had the crab stuffed halibut which I've had before and enjoyed. Not this time. The halibut was tiny and there was not a scrap of crab.Special Features:
- don't get the hypeAKhockeymomDined on 10/27/2014We've been in anchorage for 5 years and just visited this restaurant for the first time. Everyone raved about it so we thought it was time to try it out. The food was ok, at best. My burger was grossly overcooked when I asked for medium. The prices were ridiculous for the portion sizes. I just don't get the hype. There are plenty of other nice restaurants in town I would pick over going back here.Special Features:
- Great View...Food OKktdoneDined on 10/26/2014Great Views...the past trip my food better than previous visits. If it wasn't for the view, for the price there are other nearby restaurants that are higher quality for the price.Special Features:
- Great Suggestions from our waiter.darlaDined on 10/26/2014Robbie our Waiter suggested the Halibut cheeks. They were great. I wouldn't have tried them if it had not been for Robbie's description of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hosting a GuestAWSGDined on 10/25/2014There were 11 of us in our party. We brought an instructor from Illinois in for dinner after a long day of teaching a learning. The service was outstanding and all of our orders were perfect. It was a wonderful evening - always like coming to Simon and Seaforts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Our waitress was awesome and helped make our anniversary very special. What a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodJohnDined on 10/24/2014Consistently good. One of best places to eat in Anchorage. I can't say that I have ever been disappointed here but I have elsewhere. I was not wild about the bread pudding desert but the macadamia nut and crab filled halibut was a fine meal. Very good chardonnay as well. It is hard to beat Simon and S.Special Features:
- Always consistently perfect!DiningqueenDined on 10/23/2014A rare treat. Always fresh food, great service and beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Not sure what happened...MooshieDined on 10/22/2014Placed our order rather quickly, and then waited over an hour for our dinners to arrive. This was an unusual experience at this restaurant. It's never happened before, but this time they really dropped the ball. I can only think that something went wrong (lost order?) - but no apologies. We would have ordered desert, but were too afraid of how long it might take... I would usually give this restaurant a very high rating, but that night, it was just mediocre.Special Features:
- Kyle was Great!GeosoccerbumDined on 10/20/2014Kyle (our server) was great. He did not give us the feeling of being hovered over and he paid attention to our needs.Special Features:
- Awesome TimeBirthdayDined on 10/17/2014Not only did we have a great time with our excellent meal... our server Rob Knic was awesome! He knew the menu, specials and even some history about Simons. Rob made the night for the 4 of us alot of fun!Special Features:
- Wonderful Downtown RestaurantlovesgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014Never disappointed. Food is always delicious, and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousDined on 10/16/2014Jennifer did an outstanding job for our group o 10. She was positive and very timely to get our drinks, appitizers, and main course. She checked with us periodocally to see if we had other needs.Special Features:
- Great food, service and view!CBERNETDined on 10/14/2014Simons has always been a favorite restaurant of mine. Whether it be just stopping by for a quick office lunch, grabbing a drink at the bar, to having a romantic dinner with my husband... the food, service and great view is why I love this restaurant so much!!!Special Features:
- Amazing viewsTracyDined on 10/14/2014Very tasty food and a beautiful sunset. I had the delightful herb encrusted Prime Rib. The asparagus was cooked properly and the mashed potatoes were creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Simon'sTesseractDined on 10/14/2014We just had the most wonderful dinner at Simon's. We caught a stunning sunset across the inlet - all pinks and oranges. Just lovely! My companion had the 1/2 and 1/2 halibut cheecks and crab stuffed macadamia halibut. She thought it was delicious. I went with my perennial favorite, the chicken dijon. One of the beauties of Simon's is that for the last 25 years, it's kept some of the most popular recipes as they always have been so you always know you're not wasting your money. I highly recommend the teriyaki tenderloins appetizer but beware - if you can't eat hot items, avoid the pineapples. For dessert, I had the creme brulee from the only restaurant in Anchorage that actually knows how to make it. Thanks for a lovely dinner!Special Features:
- Good food but too loudJewelsVerneMeiDined on 10/11/2014Visited on a Saturday evening, which is always a busy night. However, the noise level was so overwhelmingly loud that no one at our table could make themselves heard across the table without almost shouting. And, my husband's Seafood Fettucini Alfredo had pasta that was undercooked, almost non-existent seafood in it, and a pittance of sauce - definitely not enough to cover all the noodles adequately. Denise, our server was outstanding in the service department - very pleasant, efficient, and always there when we needed something. We keep trying to go back to Simon & Seafort's in the hope that things get better, but we continue to be disappointed by the food and ambiance problems each time we go. This was not an outstanding night out.
- Maybe our last visit to S/S.IvanDined on 10/4/2014We are in Alaska 42 years. Started giong to S/S since opening. Our last visit for diner - awfully bad steakes - not tender at all. Prime rib (medium) thin tough an hard - returned and replaced with fillet mignon (medium). Again, not tender, tough and hard, oversmoked as well as mushrooms on steak and not edible with somebody with dentures. Even people sitting next table who vitnessed our situation told me while leaving that their lobster dinner was not as advertized. We are (vere) visiting this place in Anchorage since it opened and food quality is going down. Service excellent. In December for our 50th aniversary it will not be Simon/Seford. Ivan and Anna Bucinsky.Special Features:
- AmazingakjlsDined on 10/3/2014Our Server Ryan, was incredible. We had the best service and amazing food. Definitely, will return on our next trip through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a business lunchNickDined on 10/3/2014Three of us had a good meeting here over lunch. Very pleasant surroundings, great food, excellent service. It made the meeting far better than crowded over coffee somewhere, or (gasp) in a tight office.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodalaskareedDined on 10/2/2014Food and service always the best! We enjoy the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate food and serviceTravelerDined on 10/1/2014The view is spectacular. The food and service was merely adequate. I arrived early evening and was directed to a seat with a spectacular view of the inlet. Although it was early evening and the restaurant was not crowded, service was merely adequate. I found the food to be adequate yet pricey. I located this restaurant by searching for Anchorage's best seafood. Next time, I will rely on the suggestions of locals.Special Features:
- Kitchen prepYummyDined on 10/1/2014Business dinner visitor to Alaska crab legs not scored or split She had no idea how to eat Good thing we know each other so I could use my fork to split the legs and help serve this very expensive entree. Waiter inquired and I asked he remind the kitchen No wipes or lemon bowl. By the time I left the restaurant my hands were sticky good thing The crab was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!akmandaDined on 9/30/2014I've lived in Anchorage my entire life and have been frequenting Simon's since I was about 10 years old with my parents and now with friends and loved ones. It is still my favorite place in town. It has beautiful views of the inlet (try to get a window seat, but all seats are good). I've had almost everything on the menu. The Artichoke and Crab Dip on the Appetizer list is my fave! Last time I was there I had the Creole Chicken Fettucine. It was a first for me and it did not disappoint. Their cocktail list is great too (try their Scratch Margarita, Brandy Ice or Long Island Ice Tea) All are phenomenal!!Special Features:
- get the food warmfoodie4sureVIPDined on 9/27/2014i can see where this can be a very good place, pricey, but good. but when you start off by being sat in the back (when 90% have a GREAT view) and then the waiter is more concerned with his party of 16 than your party of 4 (hence most of your food is luke warm) it does't work out to a 5 star ...............for me.Special Features:
- DissapointedFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our lunch was disappointing. The food was lacking flavor and color on the plate. The salmon was over cooked and also lacked flavor. The service was also not to the standard that's expected at Simons. If you're going to go to enjoy the view, be sure to sit in the bar. And stick with the bar menu. The service there is always excellent and you're never disappointed with the bar items. I say this every time I'm disappointed with the dining room and full dinners. It also took 30 minutes to pay after we got our check because they couldn't find the rewards program information.Special Features:
- AlaskaGolferDined on 9/25/2014Food was great, view was beautiful as we watched the sun set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Brought mom for 89th birthday dinner. Early dinner but still pretty full with lots of noise, not able to converse much. Her prawns were very good and artistically plated. My New York steak was not tender and under seasoned for my taste. The portabella stuffed mushrooms were great. Good wine at moderate price. Attentive server with pleasing personality. All staff we encountered were solicitous. Couldn't ask for a better view!Special Features:
- Great service with a viewDawgmomDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is always a reliable choice for great food, especially seafood. On our recent visit we were offered two of their new desserts for free: salted caramel pot de creme and key lime parfait. Yummy!Special Features: