Simon & Seafort's
420 L Street
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Simon & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonandseaforts.com/
- Phone: 9072743502x
- Hours of Operation:
Simon & Seafort's serves Lunch Monday through Friday from 11am-2:30pm. Simon's is proud to offer an excellent 45-minute lunch for the business community. WEEKEND BRUNCH Sat & Sun 10am-2:30pm.
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Weekend Brunch: 10am-2:30pm Saturday & Sunday
Dinner: Daily 4:30pm-10pm
Saloon: Mon-Fri 11am-11pm; Sat & Sun 10am-11pm
Daily Happy Hour from 3pm-6:00pm and 9:00pm 'til close in the Saloon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leah Gallahorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between 4th and 5th
- Public Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Simon and Seafort's offers validated parking daily. 2-hour Validation any time when you park in the Captain Cook garage located at 5th & K St. Street parking also available.
A word from Simon & Seafort's
We could tell you that your favorite part about dining with us will be our panoramic views of Mt. Susitna and the Alaska range, or the freshest wild Alaskan seafood in town, or our uncompromising quality of service; but we'll let you decide. Whether you visit us for a business lunch, a dinner full of friends and family, or that oh-so-deserved date night; you will find that our dedication to excellence is apparent at every step. Our Chefs combine wild-Alaskan seafood with traditional American cuisine to create dishes that make memories. For the best Happy hour in town visit us between the hours of 4:30pm and 6pm and from 9pm to closing daily, half price appetizers and featured drink specials are served in the Saloon. So join us, Simon & Seafort's is your everytime restaurant for any occasion. View our menu options at www.simonandseaforts.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Simon & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Simon & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (250)special occasion (218)fit for foodies (120)romantic (118)good for groups (74)great for lunch (68)neighborhood gem (59)notable wine list (57)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (40)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (17)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Not sure what happened...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Placed our order rather quickly, and then waited over an hour for our dinners to arrive. This was an unusual experience at this restaurant. It's never happened before, but this time they really dropped the ball. I can only think that something went wrong (lost order?) - but no apologies. We would have ordered desert, but were too afraid of how long it might take... I would usually give this restaurant a very high rating, but that night, it was just mediocre.Special Features:
- Kyle was Great!GeosoccerbumDined on 10/20/2014Kyle (our server) was great. He did not give us the feeling of being hovered over and he paid attention to our needs.Special Features:
- Awesome TimeBirthdayDined on 10/17/2014Not only did we have a great time with our excellent meal... our server Rob Knic was awesome! He knew the menu, specials and even some history about Simons. Rob made the night for the 4 of us alot of fun!Special Features:
- Wonderful Downtown RestaurantlovesgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014Never disappointed. Food is always delicious, and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousDined on 10/16/2014Jennifer did an outstanding job for our group o 10. She was positive and very timely to get our drinks, appitizers, and main course. She checked with us periodocally to see if we had other needs.Special Features:
- Great food, service and view!CBERNETDined on 10/14/2014Simons has always been a favorite restaurant of mine. Whether it be just stopping by for a quick office lunch, grabbing a drink at the bar, to having a romantic dinner with my husband... the food, service and great view is why I love this restaurant so much!!!Special Features:
- Amazing viewsTracyDined on 10/14/2014Very tasty food and a beautiful sunset. I had the delightful herb encrusted Prime Rib. The asparagus was cooked properly and the mashed potatoes were creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Simon'sTesseractDined on 10/14/2014We just had the most wonderful dinner at Simon's. We caught a stunning sunset across the inlet - all pinks and oranges. Just lovely! My companion had the 1/2 and 1/2 halibut cheecks and crab stuffed macadamia halibut. She thought it was delicious. I went with my perennial favorite, the chicken dijon. One of the beauties of Simon's is that for the last 25 years, it's kept some of the most popular recipes as they always have been so you always know you're not wasting your money. I highly recommend the teriyaki tenderloins appetizer but beware - if you can't eat hot items, avoid the pineapples. For dessert, I had the creme brulee from the only restaurant in Anchorage that actually knows how to make it. Thanks for a lovely dinner!Special Features:
- Good food but too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Visited on a Saturday evening, which is always a busy night. However, the noise level was so overwhelmingly loud that no one at our table could make themselves heard across the table without almost shouting. And, my husband's Seafood Fettucini Alfredo had pasta that was undercooked, almost non-existent seafood in it, and a pittance of sauce - definitely not enough to cover all the noodles adequately. Denise, our server was outstanding in the service department - very pleasant, efficient, and always there when we needed something. We keep trying to go back to Simon & Seafort's in the hope that things get better, but we continue to be disappointed by the food and ambiance problems each time we go. This was not an outstanding night out.
- Maybe our last visit to S/S.IvanDined on 10/4/2014We are in Alaska 42 years. Started giong to S/S since opening. Our last visit for diner - awfully bad steakes - not tender at all. Prime rib (medium) thin tough an hard - returned and replaced with fillet mignon (medium). Again, not tender, tough and hard, oversmoked as well as mushrooms on steak and not edible with somebody with dentures. Even people sitting next table who vitnessed our situation told me while leaving that their lobster dinner was not as advertized. We are (vere) visiting this place in Anchorage since it opened and food quality is going down. Service excellent. In December for our 50th aniversary it will not be Simon/Seford. Ivan and Anna Bucinsky.Special Features:
- AmazingakjlsDined on 10/3/2014Our Server Ryan, was incredible. We had the best service and amazing food. Definitely, will return on our next trip through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a business lunchNickDined on 10/3/2014Three of us had a good meeting here over lunch. Very pleasant surroundings, great food, excellent service. It made the meeting far better than crowded over coffee somewhere, or (gasp) in a tight office.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodalaskareedDined on 10/2/2014Food and service always the best! We enjoy the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate food and serviceTravelerDined on 10/1/2014The view is spectacular. The food and service was merely adequate. I arrived early evening and was directed to a seat with a spectacular view of the inlet. Although it was early evening and the restaurant was not crowded, service was merely adequate. I found the food to be adequate yet pricey. I located this restaurant by searching for Anchorage's best seafood. Next time, I will rely on the suggestions of locals.Special Features:
- Kitchen prepYummyDined on 10/1/2014Business dinner visitor to Alaska crab legs not scored or split She had no idea how to eat Good thing we know each other so I could use my fork to split the legs and help serve this very expensive entree. Waiter inquired and I asked he remind the kitchen No wipes or lemon bowl. By the time I left the restaurant my hands were sticky good thing The crab was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!akmandaDined on 9/30/2014I've lived in Anchorage my entire life and have been frequenting Simon's since I was about 10 years old with my parents and now with friends and loved ones. It is still my favorite place in town. It has beautiful views of the inlet (try to get a window seat, but all seats are good). I've had almost everything on the menu. The Artichoke and Crab Dip on the Appetizer list is my fave! Last time I was there I had the Creole Chicken Fettucine. It was a first for me and it did not disappoint. Their cocktail list is great too (try their Scratch Margarita, Brandy Ice or Long Island Ice Tea) All are phenomenal!!Special Features:
- get the food warmfoodie4sureVIPDined on 9/27/2014i can see where this can be a very good place, pricey, but good. but when you start off by being sat in the back (when 90% have a GREAT view) and then the waiter is more concerned with his party of 16 than your party of 4 (hence most of your food is luke warm) it does't work out to a 5 star ...............for me.Special Features:
- DissapointedFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our lunch was disappointing. The food was lacking flavor and color on the plate. The salmon was over cooked and also lacked flavor. The service was also not to the standard that's expected at Simons. If you're going to go to enjoy the view, be sure to sit in the bar. And stick with the bar menu. The service there is always excellent and you're never disappointed with the bar items. I say this every time I'm disappointed with the dining room and full dinners. It also took 30 minutes to pay after we got our check because they couldn't find the rewards program information.Special Features:
- AlaskaGolferDined on 9/25/2014Food was great, view was beautiful as we watched the sun set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Brought mom for 89th birthday dinner. Early dinner but still pretty full with lots of noise, not able to converse much. Her prawns were very good and artistically plated. My New York steak was not tender and under seasoned for my taste. The portabella stuffed mushrooms were great. Good wine at moderate price. Attentive server with pleasing personality. All staff we encountered were solicitous. Couldn't ask for a better view!Special Features:
- Great service with a viewDawgmomDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is always a reliable choice for great food, especially seafood. On our recent visit we were offered two of their new desserts for free: salted caramel pot de creme and key lime parfait. Yummy!Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 9/24/2014Wine way too expensive! Food was ok but too expensive for the portions size. Seafood pasta was cold, sticky and overcooked. Not the standard that S&S has been noted for in the past. I have lived here 35 years and I have been to this S&S at least 50 times! There will be no 51st :-(Special Features:
- An Anchorage must do experienceDillinghamFoodieDined on 9/24/2014Simon and Seafort's is the place we take friends to who are visiting Anchorage. View is amazing, food is excellent. Returning friends always want to go back upon their return. Looking for Alaska wild salmon, halibut, or king crab...this is the place.Special Features:
- Great food with a beautiful view.KikiDined on 9/24/2014I love this restaurant, great atmosphere and the food was amazing! Loved all the variety of wines and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This dinner was for my 5th anniversary and it was wonderful as always. The food was amazing and the view was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Dip & French Onion SoupBigBear815Dined on 9/24/2014The French Onion soup was great. Not salty and nicely garnished with cheese. The French Dip sandwich was very thin and unimaginative. Pretty boring and disappointing.Special Features:
- Birthday was a success!TomkDined on 9/21/2014Our meal was excellent. This was my wife's birthday and they were prepared, halibut cheeks which are great were reserved for her, they went out of their way. The cheese kurds were fantastic along with the end cut of prime rib (thank you). You made my wife's birthday a hit. We have been here many times and I the service has been flawless.Special Features:
- DisappointingMitchinakDined on 9/21/2014Went on a Sunday evening, not too many people. We were seated by the windows where the view was very nice. The service was adequate and commensurate with the prices paid, thing is, the food wasn't... We had the crab stuffed halibut, which was overcooked and dry, and the seafood étouffée which is best described as...meh. Both dishes carried a hefty price tag and were disappointing. Take note though, we had the scratch grand margaritas and loved them. Overall, go for the bar and appetizers, skip the overpriced underachievers served in the dining room.Special Features:
- great serviceashes0601Dined on 9/21/2014Our waitress Robin was perfect. She didn't miss a thing and the food was better than we had even hoped!!!! Even their bread pudding is amazing after sitting in a to-go container for 4 hours!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Alaskan diningSunniekDined on 9/20/2014Our party of six had a wonderful dinner of the freshest seafood, amazing bread and great scenery! We will bring guests here again!Special Features:
- Tour One-A!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We always bring our guests here for a meal you can count on to be delicious and fresh. Portions are good. King salmon and stuff halibut awesome- Oysters Rockefeller were tasty but not the best we've had. Lemon drop cocktail not tasting like made from real lemon juice- had that bottled taste. Service was appropriately paced. Had specifically asked for a window table when I made our reservations but didn't get one.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Went out for an anniversary with my wife and had a lovely evening. Our server was attentive. The table was decorated for our occasion making it special. The table had a great view. The food was delicious as always . Overall a really amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ViewsLovingAlaskaEateriesDined on 9/20/2014Not only was the service impeccable we got to witness an amazing sunset across the inlet. Only drawback is that the chef wouldn't remove cheese from any of the entres so I was stuck eating appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 30 AnniversaryDelightedVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have been spending our anniversary at this restaurant for the last five years and we wouldn't celebrate anywhere else. The food is wonderful the service is the best. Next year I think we should do lunch and dinner there. This year we each had steamed clams (the best) & King crab legs. Bread was wonderful.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAlaskaGirlDined on 9/19/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and he absolutely loved the Halibut Cheeks. We had a great dinner and service was excellent! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumsweettreatDined on 9/19/2014our server was very knowledgeable. the etouffe was spicy but delicious. the bread pudding was too dense with not enough fruit. the whiskey sour was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simon & SeafortsLukecoolhandDined on 9/19/2014This remains the best restaurant in Anchorage--been coming here for 30+ years with business, friends, and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!dtimmsDined on 9/19/2014When making our reservation, I put in the comments that it was for our anniversary. When we arrived they had rose petals on the table (which was by the window so we had a great view) and the young lady seating us wished us a happy anniversary. We ordered our appetizer (crab&artichoke dip, steak bites and shrimp), which was so good! Our waiter was awesome, our dinner's perfect, we had absolutely no complaints! Once again, Simon & Seafort's exceeded our expectations! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you to all staff!!AntonioDined on 9/18/2014It was a wonderful night! Food was spectacular and the time frame is accurate for waiting. You are guaranteed a tasteful delight when it arrives. The staff was amazing and very polite. The waiter was a hoot! He was most helpful in all questions and recommendations on the menu! I reserved online and ordered flowers on their site.(Which brought tears to her eyes) It was romantic and a very respectful atmosphere. I have to say it takes a team to keep a good business in fine dining going. And I have to give kudos to everyone who works there. You guys made the night happen. Thank you. Keep up the team work! Also..you must try the key lime pie...priceless ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anchorage excellenceleopoldDined on 9/18/2014My first visit to Simons was 1980.. it was the best then,and remains at the top of the heap today, 30 plus years later. great food,service and hospitality. Professional and personnable at every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.