Simon & Seafort's
420 L Street
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Simon & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonandseaforts.com/
- Phone: 9072743502x
- Hours of Operation:
Simon & Seafort's serves Lunch Monday through Friday from 11am-2:30pm. Simon's is proud to offer an excellent 45-minute lunch for the business community. WEEKEND BRUNCH Sat & Sun 10am-2:30pm.
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Weekend Brunch: 10am-2:30pm Saturday & Sunday
Dinner: Daily 4:30pm-10pm
Saloon: Mon-Fri 11am-11pm; Sat & Sun 10am-11pm
Daily Happy Hour from 3pm-6:00pm and 9:00pm 'til close in the Saloon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leah Gallahorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between 4th and 5th
- Public Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Simon and Seafort's offers validated parking daily. 2-hour Validation any time when you park in the Captain Cook garage located at 5th & K St. Street parking also available.
A word from Simon & Seafort's
We could tell you that your favorite part about dining with us will be our panoramic views of Mt. Susitna and the Alaska range, or the freshest wild Alaskan seafood in town, or our uncompromising quality of service; but we'll let you decide. Whether you visit us for a business lunch, a dinner full of friends and family, or that oh-so-deserved date night; you will find that our dedication to excellence is apparent at every step. Our Chefs combine wild-Alaskan seafood with traditional American cuisine to create dishes that make memories. For the best Happy hour in town visit us between the hours of 4:30pm and 6pm and from 9pm to closing daily, half price appetizers and featured drink specials are served in the Saloon. So join us, Simon & Seafort's is your everytime restaurant for any occasion. View our menu options at www.simonandseaforts.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Simon & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Simon & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (278)special occasion (239)fit for foodies (127)romantic (120)good for groups (82)great for lunch (82)notable wine list (57)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (48)great for brunch (40)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Our lunch was disappointing. The food was lacking flavor and color on the plate. The salmon was over cooked and also lacked flavor. The service was also not to the standard that's expected at Simons. If you're going to go to enjoy the view, be sure to sit in the bar. And stick with the bar menu. The service there is always excellent and you're never disappointed with the bar items. I say this every time I'm disappointed with the dining room and full dinners. It also took 30 minutes to pay after we got our check because they couldn't find the rewards program information.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Brought mom for 89th birthday dinner. Early dinner but still pretty full with lots of noise, not able to converse much. Her prawns were very good and artistically plated. My New York steak was not tender and under seasoned for my taste. The portabella stuffed mushrooms were great. Good wine at moderate price. Attentive server with pleasing personality. All staff we encountered were solicitous. Couldn't ask for a better view!Special Features:
- Great service with a viewDawgmomDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is always a reliable choice for great food, especially seafood. On our recent visit we were offered two of their new desserts for free: salted caramel pot de creme and key lime parfait. Yummy!Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 9/24/2014Wine way too expensive! Food was ok but too expensive for the portions size. Seafood pasta was cold, sticky and overcooked. Not the standard that S&S has been noted for in the past. I have lived here 35 years and I have been to this S&S at least 50 times! There will be no 51st :-(Special Features:
- An Anchorage must do experienceDillinghamFoodieDined on 9/24/2014Simon and Seafort's is the place we take friends to who are visiting Anchorage. View is amazing, food is excellent. Returning friends always want to go back upon their return. Looking for Alaska wild salmon, halibut, or king crab...this is the place.Special Features:
- Great food with a beautiful view.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I love this restaurant, great atmosphere and the food was amazing! Loved all the variety of wines and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This dinner was for my 5th anniversary and it was wonderful as always. The food was amazing and the view was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Dip & French Onion SoupBigBear815Dined on 9/24/2014The French Onion soup was great. Not salty and nicely garnished with cheese. The French Dip sandwich was very thin and unimaginative. Pretty boring and disappointing.Special Features:
- Birthday was a success!TomkDined on 9/21/2014Our meal was excellent. This was my wife's birthday and they were prepared, halibut cheeks which are great were reserved for her, they went out of their way. The cheese kurds were fantastic along with the end cut of prime rib (thank you). You made my wife's birthday a hit. We have been here many times and I the service has been flawless.Special Features:
- DisappointingMitchinakDined on 9/21/2014Went on a Sunday evening, not too many people. We were seated by the windows where the view was very nice. The service was adequate and commensurate with the prices paid, thing is, the food wasn't... We had the crab stuffed halibut, which was overcooked and dry, and the seafood étouffée which is best described as...meh. Both dishes carried a hefty price tag and were disappointing. Take note though, we had the scratch grand margaritas and loved them. Overall, go for the bar and appetizers, skip the overpriced underachievers served in the dining room.Special Features:
- great serviceashes0601Dined on 9/21/2014Our waitress Robin was perfect. She didn't miss a thing and the food was better than we had even hoped!!!! Even their bread pudding is amazing after sitting in a to-go container for 4 hours!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Alaskan diningSunniekDined on 9/20/2014Our party of six had a wonderful dinner of the freshest seafood, amazing bread and great scenery! We will bring guests here again!Special Features:
- Tour One-A!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We always bring our guests here for a meal you can count on to be delicious and fresh. Portions are good. King salmon and stuff halibut awesome- Oysters Rockefeller were tasty but not the best we've had. Lemon drop cocktail not tasting like made from real lemon juice- had that bottled taste. Service was appropriately paced. Had specifically asked for a window table when I made our reservations but didn't get one.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Went out for an anniversary with my wife and had a lovely evening. Our server was attentive. The table was decorated for our occasion making it special. The table had a great view. The food was delicious as always . Overall a really amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ViewsLovingAlaskaEateriesDined on 9/20/2014Not only was the service impeccable we got to witness an amazing sunset across the inlet. Only drawback is that the chef wouldn't remove cheese from any of the entres so I was stuck eating appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 30 AnniversaryDelightedVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have been spending our anniversary at this restaurant for the last five years and we wouldn't celebrate anywhere else. The food is wonderful the service is the best. Next year I think we should do lunch and dinner there. This year we each had steamed clams (the best) & King crab legs. Bread was wonderful.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAlaskaGirlDined on 9/19/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and he absolutely loved the Halibut Cheeks. We had a great dinner and service was excellent! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumsweettreatDined on 9/19/2014our server was very knowledgeable. the etouffe was spicy but delicious. the bread pudding was too dense with not enough fruit. the whiskey sour was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simon & SeafortsLukecoolhandDined on 9/19/2014This remains the best restaurant in Anchorage--been coming here for 30+ years with business, friends, and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!dtimmsDined on 9/19/2014When making our reservation, I put in the comments that it was for our anniversary. When we arrived they had rose petals on the table (which was by the window so we had a great view) and the young lady seating us wished us a happy anniversary. We ordered our appetizer (crab&artichoke dip, steak bites and shrimp), which was so good! Our waiter was awesome, our dinner's perfect, we had absolutely no complaints! Once again, Simon & Seafort's exceeded our expectations! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you to all staff!!AntonioDined on 9/18/2014It was a wonderful night! Food was spectacular and the time frame is accurate for waiting. You are guaranteed a tasteful delight when it arrives. The staff was amazing and very polite. The waiter was a hoot! He was most helpful in all questions and recommendations on the menu! I reserved online and ordered flowers on their site.(Which brought tears to her eyes) It was romantic and a very respectful atmosphere. I have to say it takes a team to keep a good business in fine dining going. And I have to give kudos to everyone who works there. You guys made the night happen. Thank you. Keep up the team work! Also..you must try the key lime pie...priceless ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anchorage excellenceleopoldDined on 9/18/2014My first visit to Simons was 1980.. it was the best then,and remains at the top of the heap today, 30 plus years later. great food,service and hospitality. Professional and personnable at every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S&S seems to have lost lusterakeatingDined on 9/14/2014We've been taking guests to eat here for many years, but our recent visit was a very poor experience. Our food took an extremely long time to arrive - despite us having a couple of drinks & appetizers. Our waiter seemed have disappeared for 15 minutes and someone else brought our food, and it was lukewarm when it arrived. The broccoli was dark green and overcooked. I did let the server know. He asked if I would like another plate, but I told him all our dishes were lukewarm and we did not have time for another round of food to be prepared (I didn't want to make a big deal of it). They also offered us a complimentary dessert for the table to share but we had other dessert plans. The view is great.Special Features:
- Authentic Alaskanregularguest20Dined on 9/13/2014We had a great view from our fourth row table and the service was excellent. This is a fun, casual destination for Alaskan attitude and fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but lateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014It was a busy Friday night and it took about an hr for us to get our food, but our server was on point with refills and bread. I had the meatloaf which was average but the calamari was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TackyJTexasVIPDined on 9/12/2014I made the reservation and dove in.A lot of good reviews, the hostess greeted right away, shuffled us to the back corner of the restaurant must have thought we were underdressed and did not meet their "high standards".Our first server took our app order, then we got a different server which took our entree order.A third server checked up on us, we asked for the check and the when they came back to us and must have been very put upon that night commented "would you just give that table their check". Sorry for spending our hard earned money to get classless service and mediocre food.Do your self a favor and go to more popular "Alehouse's nearby to get better service, and better than average food".Special Features:
- Best waiter ever!DebspersonalopinionDined on 9/12/2014We had a late lunch in the bar area. The waitress was the best I have ever experienced. Perfect balance of service and attentiveness. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014went for the mushrooms,instead of the cream corn......way too strong smoke flavor,so couldnt eat them,steak was really good,didnt touch my mashed potatoes.....Special Features:
- Decent but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Hoped for a quiet table & exceptional food to celebrate wedding anniversary. Got partial view table in very loud area. Food was good but not worth the $30+ per plate & $18 appetizer. Waiter was quite good but was over-tasked with too many tables.Special Features:
- Inconsistent, unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We have a team dinner here and were hoping to sample some good Alaskan seafood. From our team of 8 people, 3 meals had to be sent back, and at least 2 others had complaints. When one of the members of our party who sent their (cold) fish back decided not to order a second option, she was promptly served with her bill (for wine) as an offer that she was free to leave the establishment. OVerall, none from our party was particularly impressed by the food or service. It was really too bad, because we had all been looking forward to a nice experience. I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend or business colleague.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We wished the introduction to the restaurant would have had better lighting and a larger sign. Food was good, service left a bit to be desired. Would come again if in anchorage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but a hiccup this timeTomkDined on 9/7/2014We frequent this establishment, it is my wife's favorite. Halibut cheeks were not aviailable this time around but they offered to prepare the halibut the same way they do the cheeks, that was very thoughtful. I had the prime rib which is excellently seasoned (minus horseradish). Had to send back as I recieved it with horseradish on the rib. I recieved the same cut of meat back with the horseradish removed, the flavor unfortunately was still on the meat (wiped or washed off?). The waitress who was excellent (Denise) offered to return, but I told her not to (meal delay already). Simon's is excellent and I hope this was just an aberration. Will return though for this is my wife's favorite place.Special Features:
- Great Family EveningCheriDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated a family birthday milestone. This was the perfect location. With a variety of diners with different particular dietary concerns, our server made sure everyone was well taken care of. He was fun and very knowledgeable of the food and willing to be sure we had everything we needed. We would certainly make this a special event dining location again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineandDineWineandDineDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner two times in the month of September and wanted our friends to experience the Halibut Cheeks! Unfortunately, the second time we went, they did not have them! The alternative was good but the service was slow! The wine list is good and we will return.Special Features:
- Great, but slowDavidDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. It was very busy and as a result service was slow. Nearly cancelled an after dinner cappuccino because it took so long to get. Otherwise, a good place to take guests. Waiter was doing the best he could with the workload.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually great, less so this timeDenaliFoodieDined on 9/4/2014S & S is usually a great place. This time my MEATLOAF was dry, the SEAFOOD ÉTOUFFÉE had WAY too much hot seasoning (my guest couldn't eat it) and my Vodka Collins tasted like syrup. My waiter/bartender tried to tell me it couldn't be made less "syrupy." Shockingly lame, but I didn't want to make a scene. I ordered beer. Love this place. Hope my less-than-good experience isn't the beginning of a decline. Will try again and continue recommending.Special Features:
- Melt in your mouth Prime RibTracyDined on 9/2/2014The Prime Rib was outstanding! I wish my mashed potatoes tasted as good as the ones at Simon & Seafort's. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014The service is always consistent and the food is good. We waited a very long time for a table with a view.Special Features:
- Great Food with a ViewDrfoodDined on 9/1/2014This establishment must be doing it right as they have been operating in the same location since the 1970's. You will not be disappointed with anything here. A hotspot for visitors and locals alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner left under heat lamp?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014My husbands steak dinner was requested rare, medium rare. His plate came out with steak that looked burnt, cooked nearly all the way through, and mashed potatoes that were hard and crusty from sitting under the heat lamp for so long (we are assuming). Requested dinner be taken back, and refund for his plate. Management apologized, and did not argue the fact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.