11911 W 6th Avenue
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simmssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 237-0465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sixth Avenue Lounge: Open daily at 4:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Allow our Executive chef and Private dining Coordinator to create a munu that perfectly complements your occaision. Hand-Select from our signature dishes to create a personalized menu that is unique to you and your event.
A word from Simms Steakhouse
Set atop a hillside overlooking downtown Denver, Simms Steakhouse offers Denver the best in destination dining. Noted for the best view in Denver, guests enjoy premier scenic dining with both indoor & outdoor seating options perfect for business dinners, special occasion dining or a family night out. Simms Steakhouse offers a spectacular new menu featuring an expansive selection of high-quality Certified Angus Beef, fresh fish, seafood, prime rib, poultry & salads. The Sixth Avenue Lounge offers indoor & outdoor soft seating areas providing guests with an unprecedented look at “Denver’s Famous View”. With a variety of specialty drinks & an extensive lounge menu, Sixth Avenue Lounge is the perfect place for social gatherings & delicious light bites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Simms Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Simms Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (145)special occasion (117)romantic (92)notable wine list (44)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (24)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Sunday brunchJPEatDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I went to Simms on Sunday, our reservations we for 10:15. Most of the food was barely warm... It tasted pretty good, just cold. This was the second marginal meal out of five from Simms. May have to try elsewhere next time! The service was awesome!Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Ambience24HourHappyHourDined on 9/20/2014When we go out for dinner, we like to feel we paid for the experience as well as the food. These days, any foodie can make a delicious, "upscale" dinner at home. What we found at Simms Steakhouse was a full dining experience. The views are stunning. The ambiance is welcoming, not stuffy like some steakhouses. The service was fabulous. It was a birthday, and the menu was personalized for the birthday gal. The steaks were perfectly done to order and the sauces complimented them beautifully. The sides are the only reason the food does not receive 5 stars. They were lackluster. The salads were slightly overdressed for my tastes. But none of that mattered, because Simms feels like a pleasant get-away. A beautiful place for a special dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Had to sit sideways to fit at the table. Ordered steak medium well and it was still bleeding on the plate
- Nice for friends and familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I always enjoy Simms because of the unique view and the great service. Plus the desserts! It's a great place to dine with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simms SteakhousedinerDined on 9/11/2014Food, wine, service, ambiance were outstanding. Simms Steakhouse completely met our expectations from our previous experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lovely quiet atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Second time we have gone there and have been very happy both times. Food is excellent. Have had both steaks and fish, appetizers and deserts. Nice wine list. Prices are comparable to most high end steakhouses. Service has been unsurpassed. Our server was Donovan both times and he is great. Very knowledgeable and very friendly. Will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Bad buffaloluvofmywifeDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I love this restaurant. The service and ambiance are excellent, the noise level (even for the hard of hearing, like me) is refreshingly tolerable. Typically the food is wonderful, especially their fish and beef entrees. The drinks are ample and tasty. My only complaint, after much of patronage, has more to do with what I believe to be an accident than common practice. My $50 bone-in buffalo steak was perhaps the most grisly, fat laden piece of red meat I've ever attempted to eat. To Simm's credit they made it right and the other meal items more than made up for this mis-step. We will be back.Special Features:
- SadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The filet mignon was delicious, but the ribeye was overcooked. Mac n cheese was very good. Our waiter, however, seemed not engaged in our meal nor our experience. No specials were given. The wine we ordered was supposed to be a 2011 vintage wine. When we caught them trying to replace it with a 2012, they did not give a solution nor offer it at a lower price. It's sad because it used to be an excellent steakhouse. Most likely will not return.Special Features:
- Great experienceLynnjoDined on 9/3/2014We had a wonderful evening with great ford and Ambiance. We were surprised to find they had outdoor dining with great views of the city. Not at all like the "OLD" Simms Landing I remember.Special Features:
- A Pleasure to the Senses!longwood13Dined on 9/3/2014My husband and I brought an out of state guest who travels the world. We were all impressed with unique choices from the wine list and menu. My fillet melted in my mouth! It was cooked to perfection; medium-rare, throughout and not just pink in the center. Desserts and after-dinner drinks were enjoyed as we looked out upon the Denver skyline at night. The hostesses and wait staff were respectfully friendly. Our waiter, Matt, really knew his wines and details of each dish. He was attentive, but not hovering. Valet parking is best to use with the unique, tiered parking levels, but that is why there is such a lovely view. It was a beautiful, relaxed evening, and a pleasure to our senses in every way. We would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Wait staffPamNDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent as usual. DJ our wait staff person was very helpful when we were looking for Gluten-Free options for my husband. He took very good care of us.Special Features:
- pricey nothing special but the viewfoodiesDined on 8/28/2014We tried Simms Landing for Denver Restaurant week. I had the buffalo with peanut sauce. The sauce overpowered the meat. The salad had too much dressing. Thought that they would have wanted to showcase something more memorable.Special Features:
- nice celebrating special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I really enjoy the view and the service at Simm's. I usually celebrate special occasions here since the view is fabulous and the restaurant is close to home. I enjoyed the special attention of being a Laundry's Select Club member. Restaurant week menu. Great steak but it could have included a side of veggies. Great staff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining spotrkluvtodinDined on 8/28/2014We haven't visited Sims Steakhouse for a few years. We were very please with the restaurant week menu. The quality of the meal was great and food was generous as was the service. And as we remembered, the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great. PriceyOhioTurkDined on 8/27/2014Prime Rib was only fair. Would have expected better for the price. Service was adequate. View was best part of experience. No coffee refill offered even after ordering dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food was good but the portion was so small it was like a jokeSpecial Features:
- Found online, gave them a try.BIGSKYMTMANDined on 8/26/2014Was impressed from the start with valets who knew how to treat a customer, a smiling door greeter, and a gracious hostess. Waiter was attentive and friendly, food was wonderful, and a special note about the smoked maccaroni and cheese--I would drive across town just to have this! They also know how to cook a steak properly! We will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014If an ounce or two of fish or chicken was some concession for restaurant week, then shame on them. If it is their standard portion size, than I can't imagine paying regular prices for it. Since I don't know, it is unlikely that I'll return.
- Tried but didn't pull it offOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014We were moved to a different area at my request due to a column in my line of sight (and the view is what it's about here). The waitress asked for our order too quickly then disappeared and we had to ask someone else to get her. She was slow to get our drink order to us, too. Food was good, but the service was spotty.
- Major disappointmentLittletonRKDined on 8/26/2014Smart restaurants put their best foot fwd to attract diners to become 'regulars' during restaurant week. Did not happen here. Not enough char. avail. to desc. all of the reasons why we won't be back, but here's a short list - 1) happy hour drink prices only available in the bar - sitting 10 ft away 2X the drink price 2) 1st course: 'buffalo' chili - I have it in quotes because there was very little meat, and I couldn't tell if it was actually buffalo. Mostly undercooked beans in a bland sauce that tasted like it came from a powdered mix. 3) 'medium rare' steaks - in quotes because they were barely seared, and could only be called rare, also not seasoned well. 4) Everything bland except for the dessert which was just weird and offputting.Special Features:
- great...until the very endbdmikeDined on 8/25/2014Overall my meal (pinot, prime rib, broiled shrimp, smoked cheddar mac & cheese and a Manhattan) was great. The service was great and they even print " happy birthday Mike" on the top of my menu since it was my birthday. The meal fizzled at the end though with a blue berry bread pudding that was over caramelized (burned) on top. Overall good experience. I would go again. ..but order creme brule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Fare & OverpricedgmdenverDined on 8/24/2014We heard very good things about this restaurant once it changed a couple of years ago (used to be a seafood place). The ambiance is okay--reminds me of a clubhouse on a golf course--and the views very nice, but the food was simply mediocre! We both had the buffalo steak w/ceasar salad and tort deseart during Restaurant Week (waiter recommendation). The meat was chewy and a bit fatty. Nothing special about the ceasar salad, quite average. The desert was the best part--at least you could see some effort went into it. The waiter was pleasant but not very enthusiastic about his job or serving us. I hear wait saff and chefs don't like 'Restaurant Week', and in this case it showed! It was not croweded so no excuse there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The steak melted in my mouth! It was so good! The potatoes and dessert were a little strange.... sometimes simple is betterSpecial Features:
- Used to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I haven't been to Simms Landing in over ten years. The food was good but not as good as it used to be. I was very disappointed that the only fruit they had for Sunday brunch was strawberries (meant for the chocolate fondue). Also, I was a grossed out that there were many dirty plates when I was getting my food. The staff needs to check if the dishes are clean when putting them out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Beautiful view, great food, great service. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Food TesterFoodGalore2Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fantastic, but the only problem was that they ran out of the Buffalo Steak which I really want to try to see how it taste. The view of downtown and the surrounding Colorado was beautiful. It would be great to take guests to eat here.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday and enjoyed fabulous food! Great service too!Special Features:
- Best Birthday Celebration!UppityWomanDined on 8/23/2014Took my man here for his birthday. It was Denver Dines Out week, and we went in for the Fixed Price Menu. That menu looked wonderful...but the regular just had too many tempting options that were well priced. He had the Teriyaki Steak Medallions and I had the Au Poivre Chicken. Flavorful! I added a side of the sautee'd wild mushrooms--word to the wise: you can easily share your sides with a friend plus have leftovers. The mushrooms were tastey with garlic and thyme. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and flavors--because, in general, we have been disappointed in eating out...anywhere. We will be back! And, a special thanks to Donovan, our waiter, who knew when to be there and when not: excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simms is better than I remeberedBonnieDined on 8/20/2014We had a great anniversary dinner at Simms. We used to go 20 years ago all the time. I was hoping it would be as good. It was so much better than I remebered. The resturant is beautiful and the view of the city is amazing. The food is very very good. We couldn't have asked for a better night--the double rainbow and lightning storm were just about the perfect backdrop to the amazing view. I would definately recommend this resturant to anyone who wants a wonderful evening with great food. (my 16 year old was even impressed--miracle). Our waiter was exceptional as well. We will back soon.Special Features:
- Great view, priceydhinDined on 8/20/2014Simms does indeed have one of the best views of Denver. They have a wider variety of menu items other than beef which is a nice change from the usual steakhouse fare. But their prices for steaks are very high ($30-40), and these don't even include any side orders/vegetables. Service was adequate, but did not match the prices.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Very good service very good food . will definately returnSpecial Features:
- Less then satisfyingHungryRonDined on 8/15/2014I felt everything was way overpriced compared to the quality. Staff forget our bread completely. Did not know the cocktail I ordered on the first try. I ordered crab - they brought drawn butter and never lit the candle under it. Seated a party next to us and tables were way too close. We finally moved out own table when the staff kept tripping over my chair to get to them. All this for a mere $325 (before tip) for a party of 4.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Amazing LocationMaximillian00VIPDined on 8/14/2014I love OpenTable because we find so many great restaurants that we never would otherwise. The food here was amazing. This prices are on the higher end so that should be expected, but Simms certainly didn't disappoint. The NY strip and prime rib we had were both very flavorful and perfectly cooked. We also enjoyed the shrimp cocktail although they were not as large as I would expect in a restaurant such as this. The views of downtown Denver are amazing. We dined just before sunset and got to watch the lights in the city all come on as the night progressed. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerjb12Dined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent, the view great, and the service good. The steak and prime rib melted in your mouth and the shrimp tempura appetizer was excellent. The asparagus, being large, was not as tasty as smaller stalks tend to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been coming here since 1977RNick1977Dined on 8/9/2014I've been coming here for over three decades, my brother showed me this glorous spot back in 77 and I have visited it ever since. I lived in Vail from 76 - 90 and would always stop in with several diferent women to whom I dated and would pick up at (Stapelton) and stop in for a romantic meal before the long drive to Vail. Back then, it was more the increadable view of the city and surrounding Burbs. 20 years +/- I started bringing my kids (going to school...Collage) to share the experience. I can say after 24 years in Chicago, You have a warm, classy place that my kids, now in there 30's like to bring me to to reminess and my new wife from East coast loves it.Special Features:
- This is a great place for dinnerBosox406VIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoy this reatuarant for many reasons; great food, great service, great view of downtown denver.Special Features:
- OutstandingmehorstDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of 4 and everyone was very pleased with Simms Steakhouse. The food, the service, and the view were all outstanding. The location on a hill in Lakewood offered a wonderful view of downtown at dusk as the lights were coming on. Our group ordered prime rib, filet, and rib eye, and each cut was cooked to the precise temperature ordered, and each cut was tender and flavorful. The wine list was varied and was quite reasonably priced. In short, we coulld not have been happier with our decision to dine at Simms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Collin was very attentive and the service great he was also very friendly, thank you for very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the business for forty yearsdetailscountDined on 7/26/2014I have worked within the food and beverage industry for over forty years. I was very pleased with the overall experience at Simms Steakhouse. From the valet parking to the prompt service when ready to leave everything was top notch. I had very high expectations and all of them were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyCaseyDined on 7/25/2014Very patient with slow eaters. We were there for almost 3 hours. Sort of a family reunion for 4.Special Features:
- The following 1406 reviews are from the Simms Steakhouse reviews archive.