11911 W 6th Avenue
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simmssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032370465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sixth Avenue Lounge: Open daily at 4:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Allow our Executive chef and Private dining Coordinator to create a munu that perfectly complements your occaision. Hand-Select from our signature dishes to create a personalized menu that is unique to you and your event.
A word from Simms Steakhouse
Set atop a hillside overlooking downtown Denver, Simms Steakhouse offers Denver the best in destination dining. Noted for the best view in Denver, guests enjoy premier scenic dining with both indoor & outdoor seating options perfect for business dinners, special occasion dining or a family night out. Simms Steakhouse offers a spectacular new menu featuring an expansive selection of high-quality Certified Angus Beef, fresh fish, seafood, prime rib, poultry & salads. The Sixth Avenue Lounge offers indoor & outdoor soft seating areas providing guests with an unprecedented look at “Denver’s Famous View”. With a variety of specialty drinks & an extensive lounge menu, Sixth Avenue Lounge is the perfect place for social gatherings & delicious light bites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Simms Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Simms Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (144)special occasion (114)romantic (83)notable wine list (38)great for brunch (33)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Simms is better than I remeberedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had a great anniversary dinner at Simms. We used to go 20 years ago all the time. I was hoping it would be as good. It was so much better than I remebered. The resturant is beautiful and the view of the city is amazing. The food is very very good. We couldn't have asked for a better night--the double rainbow and lightning storm were just about the perfect backdrop to the amazing view. I would definately recommend this resturant to anyone who wants a wonderful evening with great food. (my 16 year old was even impressed--miracle). Our waiter was exceptional as well. We will back soon.Special Features:
- Great view, priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Simms does indeed have one of the best views of Denver. They have a wider variety of menu items other than beef which is a nice change from the usual steakhouse fare. But their prices for steaks are very high ($30-40), and these don't even include any side orders/vegetables. Service was adequate, but did not match the prices.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Very good service very good food . will definately returnSpecial Features:
- Less then satisfyingHungryRonDined on 8/15/2014I felt everything was way overpriced compared to the quality. Staff forget our bread completely. Did not know the cocktail I ordered on the first try. I ordered crab - they brought drawn butter and never lit the candle under it. Seated a party next to us and tables were way too close. We finally moved out own table when the staff kept tripping over my chair to get to them. All this for a mere $325 (before tip) for a party of 4.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Amazing LocationMaximillian00VIPDined on 8/14/2014I love OpenTable because we find so many great restaurants that we never would otherwise. The food here was amazing. This prices are on the higher end so that should be expected, but Simms certainly didn't disappoint. The NY strip and prime rib we had were both very flavorful and perfectly cooked. We also enjoyed the shrimp cocktail although they were not as large as I would expect in a restaurant such as this. The views of downtown Denver are amazing. We dined just before sunset and got to watch the lights in the city all come on as the night progressed. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerjb12Dined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent, the view great, and the service good. The steak and prime rib melted in your mouth and the shrimp tempura appetizer was excellent. The asparagus, being large, was not as tasty as smaller stalks tend to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been coming here since 1977RNick1977Dined on 8/9/2014I've been coming here for over three decades, my brother showed me this glorous spot back in 77 and I have visited it ever since. I lived in Vail from 76 - 90 and would always stop in with several diferent women to whom I dated and would pick up at (Stapelton) and stop in for a romantic meal before the long drive to Vail. Back then, it was more the increadable view of the city and surrounding Burbs. 20 years +/- I started bringing my kids (going to school...Collage) to share the experience. I can say after 24 years in Chicago, You have a warm, classy place that my kids, now in there 30's like to bring me to to reminess and my new wife from East coast loves it.Special Features:
- This is a great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoy this reatuarant for many reasons; great food, great service, great view of downtown denver.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014We were a group of 4 and everyone was very pleased with Simms Steakhouse. The food, the service, and the view were all outstanding. The location on a hill in Lakewood offered a wonderful view of downtown at dusk as the lights were coming on. Our group ordered prime rib, filet, and rib eye, and each cut was cooked to the precise temperature ordered, and each cut was tender and flavorful. The wine list was varied and was quite reasonably priced. In short, we coulld not have been happier with our decision to dine at Simms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Collin was very attentive and the service great he was also very friendly, thank you for very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the business for forty yearsdetailscountDined on 7/26/2014I have worked within the food and beverage industry for over forty years. I was very pleased with the overall experience at Simms Steakhouse. From the valet parking to the prompt service when ready to leave everything was top notch. I had very high expectations and all of them were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyCaseyDined on 7/25/2014Very patient with slow eaters. We were there for almost 3 hours. Sort of a family reunion for 4.Special Features:
- Never Disappointedlls64Dined on 7/24/2014We went for a celebration dinner! We were served a wonderful meal with great service! We're never disappointed when we come!Special Features:
- SimmsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Good food, great view. Tight tables and a bit noisy/busy for an intimate business dinner.Special Features:
- A Great Anniversary!OutoftownersDined on 7/23/2014We had dinner for our anniversary and although didn't tell waiter the reason for our visit the service was superb, food wonderful and a truly lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fine restaurantJasmineDined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed ambiance, food selection, presentation, and flavors, and drinks, as well as outside seating and view. It was a Tuesday summer evening and not crowded. We enjoyed a long leisurely dinner. Would revisit if in Denver.Special Features:
- Great night for a celebrationtexasautobahnDined on 7/21/2014We are out of town parents who were celebrating our 30th anniversary with our sons who attend the school of mines. We have a great night of slowly eating some fantastic food and drinking good wine. Waiter had great pace and was very aware of the menu. His recommendations were great. Soup of the day, Mac and cheese, and bone in Ribeye were highlights of the night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We celebrated our anniversay at Simms Steakhouse and had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceFamilyof4Dined on 7/20/2014This was our second time dining at Simm's Landing for brunch. Food was good, nice variety, hot and looked good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- It was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were celebrating an anniversary and the restaurant was beautiful with a great view. The food was also FANTASTIC! I will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Good food and a view!max2001Dined on 7/19/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted a good steak dinner, but didn't want to have to go downtown on a Saturday night. Simms Steakhouse was the perfect choice. From the melt in your mouth dinner rolls that come out first, to the pear and Saga Blue cheese salad, to the perfectly cooked steaks, everything was done to perfection. We finished with creme brûlée and that was wonderful as well. This is one of those places that the noise level is not so loud that you can't hear what the person across from you is saying. It is away from the chaos of the downtown Denver area which really makes for a relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceGreatplaceDined on 7/18/2014I was very pleased at the service we received. Our waiter Everett was very polite and attentive. Our food was fantastic and the views are really very nice. This place was not cheap so please be aware before you go in. It is well worth it in our opinion. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceSuzyq232Dined on 7/14/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary, we never spend this much on a meal and expected great service. The food was delicious and brought to us promptly. The service, however, wa awful. Our waiter did not give us the choice of free water and instead brought us a $6 bottle when we asked for water. They did not have the ingredients for the cocktail I ordered so our waiter brought me a different drink stating it was on the house. When the bill came it turns out he charged me $1 more for my "on the house" cocktail than the drink I originally ordered. As I said this was a special occasion and my husband and I never spend that much money on a meal. For such an expensive meal I expect respectful and quality waitstaff and I got the oppositeSpecial Features:
- Great First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014From the friendly master valet to the great dessert Simms was an excellent dining experience. The view is amazing and the food well above your competing steak houses. I will go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationNancyVIPDined on 7/12/2014What a great place to celebrate my 57th birthday--they even printed a special menu saying "Happy 57th Birthday" for me. The food is delicious, the portions are plentiful, the waitstaff is knowledgeable and helpful, and the views are spectacular. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014great views of the city. wonderful day or night. great server too ~ he knew about all the menu items and the specials.Special Features:
- Birthday menu gets 5 starsCaligirlinColoDined on 7/10/2014Birthday menu (personalized for me) was a nice touch. Loved the outdoor patio for happy hour cocktails & apps. Great view of downtown. We'll be back & definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Took a client to the restaurant it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Awesome Anniversarymugzimom60Dined on 7/5/2014I received a gift certificate for Simms Steakhouse from a client and decided to use it for an anniversary with my boyfriend. We normally don't spend $150 on dinner, even for special occasions, but I have to say that Simms Steakhouse exceeded our expectations and it was worth it. We are talking about going again when we have another special occasion. We loved the appetizer suggested (special tempura shrimp), the soups )lobster bisque and a special clam chowder) and the steaks were phenomenal. I'd highly recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Denver's finestdinnerguyDined on 7/5/2014The dinner was fantastic and the service was excellent. This was not my first time at this restaurant and I can honestly say that I have always had a great experience. My date had never been there before and she was greatly impressed. I highly recommend this restaurant for romantically involved couples as a special place to enjoy a great dinner.Special Features:
- MariaDined on 7/5/2014Prime rib was fatty and tough, lobster was cold and not sweet as presented. Overpriced and won't return. Don't mind paying the price when the food is good.Special Features:
- Simms steakhouseDiner5Dined on 7/4/2014Terrible. We had need there severeaal other times and enjoyed it. The menu had been changed along with the quality. Ordered augratin potatoes and the had processed cheese on top!! Took forever for our food and to get the bill to pay an a lot for poor service and food. The manager called and offered us a free app. When we come back! Ha,how generous! Not going back
- Always great!dininginvailDined on 7/2/2014We always enjoy our visit to Simms. On your birthday they print your name on your menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for what you gotfoolmeonceDined on 7/2/2014The dinner was good, not great. My wife had the special which again was good but not great. The very high price for her dinner pretty much ruined the rest of the experience. Note no specific recommendation.
- A Bit PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Great views. Server was friendly but food service was a slow. Prices were very high for the quality.Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Wait staff slow and unfriendly and not helpful . Our drink spilled they didn't even offer a napkin ... Food was so salty could hardly eat it
- A still fine classic!Sundance03Dined on 6/23/2014I remember when this was Simms Landing, and am happy to report that, despite the years, it is still a great destination. Obviously, the view from up there is extraordinary. Fortunately, the beef and tuna were, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who sent me here?g123Dined on 6/22/2014The buffet: Bacon the consistency of potato chips. Sausage patties bland and greasy. Potatoes dried out. The roast was very tasty and very tough. All I could taste of the overcooked salmon was Greek Oregano, and the ham was cloyingly sweet. The staff: the hostesses condescended to seat us, and the few times we actually saw the waiter, he was equally aloof. It was almost the end of the meal before I got a second cup of coffee. Overall, a dismal dining experience.Special Features:
- JimbDined on 6/20/2014Everything was great! But, I ate too much. Our waitress was outstanding!Special Features:
- Poor serviceAKtoCODined on 6/20/2014The service at Simms was pretty bad. For a steak house I expected more from the staff. You know, fill up empty water glasses, bring some plates with the appetizers, bring steak knives with the actual steak. Maybe have some clean tables or placemats.Special Features: