11911 W 6th Avenue
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simmssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032370465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sixth Avenue Lounge: Open daily at 4:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Allow our Executive chef and Private dining Coordinator to create a munu that perfectly complements your occaision. Hand-Select from our signature dishes to create a personalized menu that is unique to you and your event.
A word from Simms Steakhouse
Set atop a hillside overlooking downtown Denver, Simms Steakhouse offers Denver the best in destination dining. Noted for the best view in Denver, guests enjoy premier scenic dining with both indoor & outdoor seating options perfect for business dinners, special occasion dining or a family night out. Simms Steakhouse offers a spectacular new menu featuring an expansive selection of high-quality Certified Angus Beef, fresh fish, seafood, prime rib, poultry & salads. The Sixth Avenue Lounge offers indoor & outdoor soft seating areas providing guests with an unprecedented look at “Denver’s Famous View”. With a variety of specialty drinks & an extensive lounge menu, Sixth Avenue Lounge is the perfect place for social gatherings & delicious light bites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Simms Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Simms Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (160)special occasion (125)romantic (95)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (42)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (23)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)Show More
- We were let down a little this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014There was a couple behind our table that made our experience less than appealing. The woman was very loud and we couldn't even have our own conversation at our table. Two members of management even stopped by the table and visited with the couple and let them know that they appreciated their business, which seemed to be a reasonable attempt to try and get them to tone it down, without saying as much. It didn't work very well. Simms has always been a choice place for us when we are in Denver, which is not very often. Anyway - The waiter did an excellent job of taking care of us. He was "Outstanding"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty viewCindyLDined on 10/14/2014Simms has a pretty view and good service, but just so-so food. The steaks are nothing special, don't appear to be aged in any special way, and not seasoned especially well. The service was very attentive and the restaurant was nice looking. The price was high for the average quality of food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Simms came recommended through a co-worker and it was great. Food was delicious and the view was fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice service - disappointing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014I wanted to celebrate a special birthday with a friend that loves steak. The management and wait-staff kept asking if everything was just fabulous to prompt an inflated rave reaction. The truth is I believe this restaurant might have been great at one time. The ribeye steak was poorly prepared and unappetizing. The steak which was ordered medium rare was weakly cooked and slapped on a plate as if the ovens were incapable of cooking it properly. We didn't say anything to each other not trying to disappoint the other until we left with the barely eaten left over steak and just tossed it realizing we both knew it wasn't worth eating. Service was friendly but food wasn't worthy of the reputation that preceded it and very overpriced.Special Features:
- steakhouse?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The worst steak ever and you charge 55?? My dad had to send back his steak?? At least good viewsSpecial Features:
- Amazing view,food is okayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We felt like you couldn't beat the views and the service was good. But the food was only fair especially for the price. Some of the food was good but most of it lacked flavor. The sauces were good for example, the Calamari was bland but it was accompanied by two sauces so as long as you dipped them, it was good. This was the same for our other appetizers, sides and main entrees. The server was good and she was attentive as well as all the other staff.Special Features:
- disappointed .....jknjlgDined on 10/10/20144th visit -- the first 2 wonderful, the last 2 disappointing. This time we had prime rib with baked potato. The meals were barely warm, the baked potato hardly melted the butter. The costs of dining at Simms Steakhouse are high, as are the expectations. The prime rib had a wonderful flavor, it was just cold. We will try it one more time, hopefully these 2 instances are the exception, rather than the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014My son ordered a prime rib cooked medium rare. The piece he received was cooked well done so he sent it back. His new serving looked wonderful on the top but when he flipped it over, he discovered it was cut from the side of the beef and was cooked well done. The server commented that this piece was usually reserved for those who ordered the cut well done. However, the manager only offered our table free desserts and did not comp my son for the meal. They got off cheap since only 2 at our table ordered the dessert. They also lost our business.
- Brunch not worth it!saddenedVIPDined on 10/5/2014The brunch was uninspired and rather bland! All the choices in potatoes looked the same as did the rice. The pork was dry and the sauce offered had a coffee base. If you are not a coffee lover you were out of luck. Where were the rolls?! There were none. We had to search for someone to get coffee to our table. The professionalism of the staff has definitely decreased. Over all, I won't go back nor will I recommend it to anyone else.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014My girlfriend and I came to eat here for our 1st anniversary and were impressed with the romantic setting and the great food! We will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Brunch or DinnerColoNativeDined on 10/5/2014Simms Steakhouse is a great place for Brunch or Dinner. I have been here for both and the service is always top notch. The Food is outstanding, nothing but good things about this place. :-)Special Features:
- My kids thought they were in heavenkidzluvitalsoDined on 10/5/2014I want to thank the staff and personal at Simms for an outstanding brunch serving on Sunday. My wife and I took our 10 year old son and 9 year old daughter and they were amazed at the food and the scenery. They already want to go back!Special Features:
- Long AgoHeaterguy101Dined on 10/5/2014I last visited for Brunch some 10 years ago when it was still Simms Landing. Back then I enjoyed the Brunch as I did this weekend for my 1st visit as Simms Steakhouse. I enjoyed my visit this weekend. The food was good, The wait staff and omelet cooks were great. The only thing that I was not happy with was the price for a tiny glass of Mimosa. I own a HVAC Company and Yes, I know you have to mark up your product(s) to survive but you also have to be reasonable to the people that are paying a premium price for breakfast. Wouldn't you feel better as a customer if you were offered a complimentary glass of Mimosa with your breakfast/brunch? I know I would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TampaBillDined on 10/4/2014My first steak was over cooked and the second was under. I will not send back for a third. Rare steak that is cold centered is not pleasant to me. Not to mention it was rather flavorless. My son's filet was perfectly prepared but lacked any aged flavor. All the sides were great, but left wanting a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well RoundednakatakaliDined on 10/3/2014Food was good, crab cake appetizer was a little cool in the middle for my taste, but overall a very nice ambiance, good view and good service. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and AmbianceBSimthDined on 10/1/2014Took a business client here for dinner with my girlfriend. Service and view of the city are outstanding. Two of us ordered the bison strip, it was not worth $45. We were offered full refunds for them but as we had already ate most of them we felt a partial refund was more appropriate. All of the sides were very tasty. The tuna entre was also very good.Special Features:
- Blown Away by a ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Not only where we impressed by the quality of seafood that we were served in a midwest location, but the knowledge of our waiter and the view at this location was the cherry on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchJPEatDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I went to Simms on Sunday, our reservations we for 10:15. Most of the food was barely warm... It tasted pretty good, just cold. This was the second marginal meal out of five from Simms. May have to try elsewhere next time! The service was awesome!Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Ambience24HourHappyHourDined on 9/20/2014When we go out for dinner, we like to feel we paid for the experience as well as the food. These days, any foodie can make a delicious, "upscale" dinner at home. What we found at Simms Steakhouse was a full dining experience. The views are stunning. The ambiance is welcoming, not stuffy like some steakhouses. The service was fabulous. It was a birthday, and the menu was personalized for the birthday gal. The steaks were perfectly done to order and the sauces complimented them beautifully. The sides are the only reason the food does not receive 5 stars. They were lackluster. The salads were slightly overdressed for my tastes. But none of that mattered, because Simms feels like a pleasant get-away. A beautiful place for a special dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Had to sit sideways to fit at the table. Ordered steak medium well and it was still bleeding on the plate
- Nice for friends and familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I always enjoy Simms because of the unique view and the great service. Plus the desserts! It's a great place to dine with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simms SteakhousedinerDined on 9/11/2014Food, wine, service, ambiance were outstanding. Simms Steakhouse completely met our expectations from our previous experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lovely quiet atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Second time we have gone there and have been very happy both times. Food is excellent. Have had both steaks and fish, appetizers and deserts. Nice wine list. Prices are comparable to most high end steakhouses. Service has been unsurpassed. Our server was Donovan both times and he is great. Very knowledgeable and very friendly. Will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Bad buffaloluvofmywifeDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I love this restaurant. The service and ambiance are excellent, the noise level (even for the hard of hearing, like me) is refreshingly tolerable. Typically the food is wonderful, especially their fish and beef entrees. The drinks are ample and tasty. My only complaint, after much of patronage, has more to do with what I believe to be an accident than common practice. My $50 bone-in buffalo steak was perhaps the most grisly, fat laden piece of red meat I've ever attempted to eat. To Simm's credit they made it right and the other meal items more than made up for this mis-step. We will be back.Special Features:
- SadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The filet mignon was delicious, but the ribeye was overcooked. Mac n cheese was very good. Our waiter, however, seemed not engaged in our meal nor our experience. No specials were given. The wine we ordered was supposed to be a 2011 vintage wine. When we caught them trying to replace it with a 2012, they did not give a solution nor offer it at a lower price. It's sad because it used to be an excellent steakhouse. Most likely will not return.Special Features:
- Great experienceLynnjoDined on 9/3/2014We had a wonderful evening with great ford and Ambiance. We were surprised to find they had outdoor dining with great views of the city. Not at all like the "OLD" Simms Landing I remember.Special Features:
- A Pleasure to the Senses!longwood13Dined on 9/3/2014My husband and I brought an out of state guest who travels the world. We were all impressed with unique choices from the wine list and menu. My fillet melted in my mouth! It was cooked to perfection; medium-rare, throughout and not just pink in the center. Desserts and after-dinner drinks were enjoyed as we looked out upon the Denver skyline at night. The hostesses and wait staff were respectfully friendly. Our waiter, Matt, really knew his wines and details of each dish. He was attentive, but not hovering. Valet parking is best to use with the unique, tiered parking levels, but that is why there is such a lovely view. It was a beautiful, relaxed evening, and a pleasure to our senses in every way. We would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Wait staffPamNDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent as usual. DJ our wait staff person was very helpful when we were looking for Gluten-Free options for my husband. He took very good care of us.Special Features:
- pricey nothing special but the viewfoodiesDined on 8/28/2014We tried Simms Landing for Denver Restaurant week. I had the buffalo with peanut sauce. The sauce overpowered the meat. The salad had too much dressing. Thought that they would have wanted to showcase something more memorable.Special Features:
- nice celebrating special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I really enjoy the view and the service at Simm's. I usually celebrate special occasions here since the view is fabulous and the restaurant is close to home. I enjoyed the special attention of being a Laundry's Select Club member. Restaurant week menu. Great steak but it could have included a side of veggies. Great staff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining spotrkluvtodinDined on 8/28/2014We haven't visited Sims Steakhouse for a few years. We were very please with the restaurant week menu. The quality of the meal was great and food was generous as was the service. And as we remembered, the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great. PriceyOhioTurkDined on 8/27/2014Prime Rib was only fair. Would have expected better for the price. Service was adequate. View was best part of experience. No coffee refill offered even after ordering dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food was good but the portion was so small it was like a jokeSpecial Features:
- Found online, gave them a try.BIGSKYMTMANDined on 8/26/2014Was impressed from the start with valets who knew how to treat a customer, a smiling door greeter, and a gracious hostess. Waiter was attentive and friendly, food was wonderful, and a special note about the smoked maccaroni and cheese--I would drive across town just to have this! They also know how to cook a steak properly! We will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014If an ounce or two of fish or chicken was some concession for restaurant week, then shame on them. If it is their standard portion size, than I can't imagine paying regular prices for it. Since I don't know, it is unlikely that I'll return.
- Tried but didn't pull it offOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014We were moved to a different area at my request due to a column in my line of sight (and the view is what it's about here). The waitress asked for our order too quickly then disappeared and we had to ask someone else to get her. She was slow to get our drink order to us, too. Food was good, but the service was spotty.
- Major disappointmentLittletonRKDined on 8/26/2014Smart restaurants put their best foot fwd to attract diners to become 'regulars' during restaurant week. Did not happen here. Not enough char. avail. to desc. all of the reasons why we won't be back, but here's a short list - 1) happy hour drink prices only available in the bar - sitting 10 ft away 2X the drink price 2) 1st course: 'buffalo' chili - I have it in quotes because there was very little meat, and I couldn't tell if it was actually buffalo. Mostly undercooked beans in a bland sauce that tasted like it came from a powdered mix. 3) 'medium rare' steaks - in quotes because they were barely seared, and could only be called rare, also not seasoned well. 4) Everything bland except for the dessert which was just weird and offputting.Special Features:
- great...until the very endbdmikeDined on 8/25/2014Overall my meal (pinot, prime rib, broiled shrimp, smoked cheddar mac & cheese and a Manhattan) was great. The service was great and they even print " happy birthday Mike" on the top of my menu since it was my birthday. The meal fizzled at the end though with a blue berry bread pudding that was over caramelized (burned) on top. Overall good experience. I would go again. ..but order creme brule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Fare & OverpricedgmdenverDined on 8/24/2014We heard very good things about this restaurant once it changed a couple of years ago (used to be a seafood place). The ambiance is okay--reminds me of a clubhouse on a golf course--and the views very nice, but the food was simply mediocre! We both had the buffalo steak w/ceasar salad and tort deseart during Restaurant Week (waiter recommendation). The meat was chewy and a bit fatty. Nothing special about the ceasar salad, quite average. The desert was the best part--at least you could see some effort went into it. The waiter was pleasant but not very enthusiastic about his job or serving us. I hear wait saff and chefs don't like 'Restaurant Week', and in this case it showed! It was not croweded so no excuse there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The steak melted in my mouth! It was so good! The potatoes and dessert were a little strange.... sometimes simple is betterSpecial Features: