Silverheels Bar and Grill
601 Main Street
Frisco, CO 80443Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Silverheels Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverheelsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9706680345
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Starekow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available in house for up to 100 people or off-site with flexibility.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a room for groups up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Miller 9706680345
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Friday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Live Music With John Truscelli Thursdays 6:00pm - 9:00pm
A word from Silverheels Bar and Grill
Great Hand Cut Aged Steaks, Burgers, Trout and Colorado Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Silverheels Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Delicious mealRitaDined on 10/1/2014We had an early dinner, right when they opened. The bar was hopping with Happy Hour. We bought Happy Hour priced. Ever and wine and took them to the dining area. It was very quiet there, but I can't judge the noise level when the area is full. I'd imagine it's reasonably quiet. The food was excellent. We had pork chop, fish tacos, and two different trout dishes. All were deliciously prepared. Waitress was very attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Slightly above mediocre Frisco restDADADined on 9/27/2014Frisco doesn't really have any great restaurants, so the ratings should be relative. Silverheels is probably one of the better ones, but don't get your hopes up too high. OK place to go, the food was pretty good. Nice people working there.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the mountainsdanrmVIPDined on 9/20/2014The manager seated us and talked to us, making the visit enjoyable. Our drinks made a good start to the evening; my wife really enjoyed the jalapeno-infused tequila. The first menu item I saw was probably our favorite dish; the chorizo mussels were just incredible. Between the toast and the breads we'd been served, we happily sopped up every drop of broth. For the entree, my wife had the trout almondine, which was very good but not necessarily noteworthy. My raspberry glazed pork chop, on the other hand, was outstanding, served with corn bread dressing, mashed potatoes, cheesy spinach and mixed veggies. We'll be certain to look this place up again when crossing Colorado. The facade from the street is casual but don't let that dissuade you.Special Features:
- Great find!IngeDined on 8/28/2014The food was very good and a good value. The service wasn't the best, but they were very busy or short handed. The trout is excellent! The decor is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good....but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014a few improvements would make it great! Love the food and service. Music was horrible and a little too loud coming from the speakers. Place could use a bit of a spruce up, but it was comfortable. Overall very good.Special Features:
- Marginal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Service was good but food quality not as expected based on prices. One trout dish served was only lukewarm....even after mentioning to server who took it back to be heated, it was still not hot. Dressing for seasonal salad was very watery, lacking substance and flavor. Quantities were above average, so if that's what you want, this would appeal to you.
- Poor this timeDisappointedDined on 8/16/2014The wine is very reasonably priced(Jordan @ $76). The food was dry (chicken and pork chop). The service was inattentive and not very friendly. Band on the patio made conversation inside very difficult.Special Features:
- SilverheelsTalyaDined on 8/6/2014As always, we enjoyed our meal. The trout is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food-Family FriendlyKathy17Dined on 8/2/2014This was a great find and a nice surprise in the town of Frisco, Colorado. We didn't expect to find such a great place in Frisco. We didn't know anything about the town but didn't have high expectations for it. Both the town (nestled in a valley between the mountains) and the restaurant far exceeded our expectations. We had wonderful fresh trout dinners and the kids had lots of choices too. Music on the patio outside lent a charming touch.Special Features:
- Fresh Trout HavenFriscoJHDDined on 8/2/2014Menu selections for the trout dishes made it difficult to pick just one. Innovative selections for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silverheels Bar and GrillpjdmkDined on 7/29/2014A lack luster meal. We would not return. The stuffed trout and atmosphere were both disapointing.
- wonderfulgtf714Dined on 7/27/2014Kaz was our server, super nice and efficient Suzanne was bartender super nice too. we got there in time for happy hour which was awesome because we saved 26.00 off our bill tons of food for 7 bucks and drinks were delish would def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited 10 minute. Walked out.FreshDined on 7/24/2014Yuk! We didn't wait around to find out if the food was as bad as the service. Very disappointing. What happened to the old Silverheels from years ago at Wildeenest?
- wonderful foodctrot51Dined on 7/16/2014Went there with my friends for my birthday. Best filet I can remember. My friend had salmon which was also great.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Our waitstaff was very knowledgeable and attentive. We had great service.Special Features:
- Very nice place.greenvalleyDined on 7/6/2014We shared a number of very creative and sophisticated first courses. Thai scallops, empenadas, a chili stew. The waiter was very skillful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JantoreeDined on 7/5/20143 of us ordered steaks, all medium rare. ONE was medium rare; the other two definitely rare (red and cold centers). We dont normally send food back, but we did have to send those back. Waiter nice, but commented when they were returned he hoped they were cooked 'to our definition of medium rare'. One way or another, the cook wasnt consistent. Looked up a chef's definition rare/med rare... "A medium rare steak should be warm through the middle with a hint of red. Most of the center of the steak should be pink." "A rare steak should be warm through the middle, lightly charred on the outside, browned around the sides and bright red in the middle." 2 of our steaks were DEFINITELY rare. Other meals ok. A rather disappointing meal.
- Dinner with friendsVacationDined on 6/30/2014Food was great, prices were reasonable. We had a memorable occasion.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the Silverheels Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- DBgetawayDined on 6/21/2014Had a nice dinner on patio. Appetizer ok, but great entree and on Tap brew from several vendors. All in all a nice, relaxed place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticRanchoDined on 5/17/2014Food is cooked superbly. Great quality and taste. Cannot think of another higher priced restaurant that has food this good.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceColoradoDinerDined on 5/10/2014Our family chose Silverheels based on good reviews and a varied menu (something for everyone). We (four adults and a child) went for an early Saturday night dinner (5:00 pm). We arrived a few minutes early and were seated right away. Our server was very attentive and provided lots of suggestions regarding specialty items to try. We had a sampling of appetizers and tried a few different types of entrees - everything was delicious (especially the trout). The chef even personally checked on us during our meal :) While I wouldn't say that this restaurant really caters to kids (and that's perfectly okay), my son had a very good experience and had a number of menu items to choose from. I would highly recommend this restaurant!! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!cbw0005Dined on 3/21/2014I have been to Silverheels numerous times since it's been in Frisco and it has never been a disappointment. We had a group of thirteen which was no problem for the restaurant. Everyone loved the choices, the food was fast, and our server was one of the best I've ever had. You don't usually get most half of those things, let alone all of them, in a resort town. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMelindaDined on 3/1/2014We were exhausted after a day on the mountain so we had an early dinner at this Frisco restaurant. The food was great and the wait staff was wonderful. Our server had good recommendations for our food and drinks and she, sensing our tired feeling at the table, was able to get us in and out pretty quickly. The trout is their specialty. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Après ski gemfishloverDined on 2/26/2014Ate at this restaurant while on a ski vacation to celebrate my birthday. The menu, food, and service were great. Live music in the bar to add ambience to great visit with friends. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great spot for last night of vacayBKPaintsDined on 2/23/2014Enjoyed a great comfy dinner here on our last night in the mountains. We had a group of 6 and were seated right on time according with our reservations. Each of us ordered something different and nobody was disappointed! Great atmosphere if you want to relax with a glass of wine and a nice steak dinner after hitting the slopes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat after skiingCCtravelersDined on 2/15/2014Crab empaniadas had lots of flavor with cheeseness. Ribs were great. Meat fell off the bones. Chicken wings had a nice batter on them. Lamb Gyro was delish. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. Overall this restaurant was very clean. Would recommend to anyone with kids also. There was also a bar are that looked very nice as well.Special Features:
- Delicious food!George88Dined on 2/14/2014After all, it's mostly about the food, isn't it! We had the prime rib and the ribs. We especially liked the veggies.....mashed potatoes, snow peas, and spaghetti squash. Not something you get at most restaurants. The meat was cooked perfectly. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal. The only thing we didn't care for was the dressing on the house salad, but it was a very healthy salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodMarcieDined on 2/14/2014We had seafood bisque, steak and prime rib. All were delicious! My husband loved the raspberry butter served with the bread. Wish we saved room for desert! Next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a groupGJMLDMDined on 1/31/2014The restaurant was very open for large groups and service was good with reasonable proces. The food was good but certainly not one of the more unique dinning experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tipical and good American restauranManiDined on 1/20/2014Nice surprise to know Silverheels. The place and the food were excelents! Tipical American Bar and Restaurante, pleasant ambiente. And Jef, who served I and my Family, was outstanding. Worth a visit. ManiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodoutstandingVIPDined on 1/19/2014the mussels were excellent. good hearty tomatoes base and plenty of them, seafood chowder was very tasty. excellent flavor. steak was done to perfection with fresh veggies. the side salad was huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around enjoyablekoalaVIPDined on 1/19/2014Had some great trout, lots of choices for preparation options. Plenty of good apps, loved the sauted shishito peppers. Good price for wine. Service was very attentive and friendly. Felt like I was eating in someone's home. Bar area was busier than the restaurant. Will definitely consider going back next time I'm in Frisco.
- Excellent TroutJmackDined on 1/18/2014Their specialty is local trout cooked many ways. We love the Lemon-Pepper Trout. Side dishes were excellent. Great food and great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic service.SteveTDined on 1/17/2014Had a great date night here. Menu was great and very reasonable for the portion sizes. You know the food is great when you're even impressed by the rice. The service was steller, and our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Fantastic Food in FriscomyopinionDined on 1/1/2014We had a wonderful time at Silverheels. Service was engaging, attentive and helpful. The ambience was warm and upscale. The menu had a good variety of choices making it difficult to choose. No one was disappointed with their dinner. The standout appetizers were the mussels in a spicy broth, the sautéed peppers and the smoked trout dip. Four of five at our table had one of five trout dishes and all were enjoyed. I had the mixed grill (with a rattlesnake and rabbit sausage, smoked chicken and steak). My only complaint was the chicken, although it had a nice smoked flavor, was a little dry and would have benefitted from a mild sauce. We will definitely return when in the Frisco area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice meal and excellent service.LivesInIndyDined on 12/29/2013Our party of 7 was promptly seated. We enjoyed fresh Idaho trout, Ribs and pork chops. All were well prepared and very satisfying. Loved the mussel with chorizo sauce appetizer. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- down mountain home lovelymarilynDined on 12/24/2013We had a great dining experience on Christmas eve in the mountains. The food was wonderfully prepared and the service couldn't have been better. It was our first time at Silver Heels and when we are in Frisco we will visit again.Special Features:
- Always consistentFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 11/27/2013We had the filet and it was great as usual. We also had the scallop appetizer for the first time and enjoyed it as well. We were a bit surprised since the last time we were there, late summer, they redecorated. It is brighter and lighter and more modern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to SilverheelsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/25/2013It has been two years since we dined at Silverheels. We were very pleasantly surprised. Menus was new. Service was quite good and all entrees we tried were perfectly prepared. We would not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceFoodieFanVIPDined on 11/16/2013Everyone enjoyed their meal selections in our group. Silverheels offers a nice assortment of trout preparations including lemon pepper and stuffed trout. Those who ordered beef dishes enjoyed them as well. The service was good and the ambiance was lively. Overall, an enjoyable and very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.