206 E Main St
Silverton, OR 97381Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silvergrille.com/
- Phone: 5038738000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Nizlek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Silver Grille
The Silver Grille is a small, family-owned, farm-to-table style restaurant that focuses on serving "Willamette Valley Cuisine", a dining experience focused on local products, an ever evolving menu, inspiration from the surrounding area and a classical cooking background since 2000. At the Silver Grille we work with local growers, farmers and foragers, as well as raising our own produce in our garden and family-greenhouses. We prepare fresh bread, pastas, desserts, charcuterie, salumi, and other items daily in our kitchen. The Silver Grille has recieved the Oregon Wine Press' Superior Cellars award for its dedication to Northwest produced wines. Thank you for supporting our local farms and small businesses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Silver Grille - Best Restaurants in Silverton ›
Silver Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (3)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- So good!AmazingViewFairServiceDined on 8/23/2014Amazing food great service. It was also nice to chat the chef. Hidden gem in SilvertonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with MommomsnightoutDined on 8/22/2014Learned about this place from a colleague and it sounded interesting. My mom was up visiting so I decided to take her there after nice walk at Silver Falls. We arrived an hour before out reservation and the hostess was very accommodating and seated us early a window requested our reservation. For appetizers, we enjoyed the smoked salmon with bread. For dinner, my mom feasted on the salmon with fennel and I partook of their pork loin with shrimp. They were a culinary delight! We each had a nice dessert, she the Bavarian cream and myself the creme Brule. The whole evening felt decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same as last yr - a fluke?onefastdriverDined on 8/20/2014My wife ordered a salad which she couldn't finish. The quality of the vegetables was high, but the combination of tastes was poor. She also ordered some asiago hors d'oeuvres with a glass of wine. The asiago seemed to saturate the bread with its oil and was almost too rich. And lastly on the complaint side, I personally thought $9 per smaller size glass of wine was a little too high. To contrast, we just dined in Chigaco and DC, and both locations seemed to be a better value. On the positive side, the pork was very well prepared despite being very thick, and seated on a bed of mashed potatoes, a special sauce gave it a very nice taste. This dinner was a special and was about $20. The atmosphere was nice, and the service, excellentSpecial Features:
- gourmet in SilvertonsaucywomynDined on 8/16/2014This was our third time at the Silver Grille. Hands down the best food in town. They use mostly local meat and produce, prepared with gourmet flair. Dessert menu is just as brilliant. The service is excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food prepared well.MWMitchellDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Silver Grille. All ingredients seemed of the highest quality and the food was well-prepared and nicely presented. A new, inexperienced waitress introduced a few distractions; however the hostess seemed to go out of her way to take care if us. As we were a couple who had stopped in unexpectedly (after making a reservation bus OpenTable), I appreciated her attention. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencesislocalDined on 8/1/2014Great time,great food and great staff.Jeff and Niaomi are lovely hosts the dining room was busy for our first friday event and Homer days every table and ours felt special .Special Features:
- What a wonderful dining experience!EllieDined on 7/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Silver Grille recently and were delighted with our meal. We had a wonderful chilled carrot/ginger soup and both both ordered lamb dishes for our entrees. They were perfect. The atmosphere feels like a small, cozy European bistro and we enjoyed visiting with the chef as he circulates among the diners. He also suggested a wonderful wine. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- The best meal in Silvertondeedee57Dined on 7/19/2014The chef came out personally to speak to our table to tell us about the specials, answer questions and make recommendations. His knowledge of and enthusiasm for his dishes was informative and infectious! I had a carrot-ginger soup, a house made pasta with lamb ragout, a lovely pinot noir, and a passion fruit tart that were inventive and outstanding. The service was very good and the ambience was pleasant. During our stay in Silverton, we ate at many restaurants, but this is by far the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST!BonniePDined on 6/28/2014Jeff's an amzaing chef and there's always awesome food. If it's on the menu, try the bacon ice cream sandwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in SilvertonjeffreyjaneDined on 6/21/2014I discovered the Silver Grille while in the area for a horse clinic. This is some of the most beautiful, delicious northwest food you could ever hope to find and reasonably priced. Wines are incredible choices and often from limited bottlings that you won't see again. There are many regulars from the community that know the chef and staff--always a good sign! Spend an afternoon at the oregon garden and the have dinner here for a day to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my high expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Small menu, well executed. Lots of high quality local produce that is handled with care. Husband-wife duo seems to genuinely care; remarkable after so many years in biz (12?)Special Features:
- OPEN TABLElululu3Dined on 5/25/2014In afternoon about 5 pm, called restaurant twice to make reservation. No answer. Used Open Table to reserve for 7 pm. Arrived on time. No warm greeting or apology. Restaurant had not checked their email and had given our reserved table to someone else. We had to wait 30 plus minutes to be seated. Waited at dirty bar table with only 2 chairs - 3 in our party. Asked for 3rd chair. None available. No apology or expression of compassion. Table eventually cleaned. Second time I have eaten here. Food was good, but it was not a fun night out for my guests and I. Also had multiple servers wait on table. Jarring. Did not know who ordered what or what drinks to refill. Disappointing
- Local GemRoyalRobertDined on 5/25/2014The Silver Grill is a wonderful restaurant. The food and service is exquisite. If fine dining is your goal, then this is the place for you!Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Silver Grille reviews archive.
- Wonderful food, charming ambianceOtusVIPDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed a fantastic dinner - a modest but refined menu and fresh local ingredients made for some truly top-notch food. And the pastry chef is a pro - the desserts were fantastic (the chocolate & coconut mousse dome is not to be missed!)Special Features:
- Best in Silvertonrja1953Dined on 4/24/2014Absolutely great... The steak was the best I've had in 20 plus years and everything else was nearly as exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!KatBDined on 4/19/2014We returned to the Silver Grill after 6 years fearful it would not be the place we remembered...not to worry, again we were given well thought out food, great presentation, perfect portions and unheard of personal service! This is definitely a gem for this neighborhood!Special Features:
- A GEM IN SILVERTONCableBobDined on 4/16/2014The Silver Grille am be small but the food is very bit as good as much higher priced trending places in our area. Farm fresh produce and locally sourced meats with that special twist from the Chef make every bite a pleasure.Special Features:
- Awesome eveningmikeyDined on 4/6/2014We could not have had a better evening. Food was outstanding, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!SuzanneDined on 3/29/2014This was only my third time here and every time I wish I stopped in more often. I introduced my mom this time and she was back within the week. So jealous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a chancebeenthereDined on 3/26/2014We took a chance on the Silver Grille and we were very happy. We did not know much about it but we were in Silverton and wanted to celebrate my husband's birthday. I had the painted hills steak. It might be the best steak I have ever had in a restaurant. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. I did not want it to end. Great mashed potatoes and veggies. My husband had the special which was a lamb saddle. It was also very good. We will come back to the Silver Grille. It is even worth a drive from Portland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb FoodGdk1Dined on 3/23/2014We loved this little restaurant! It will be our first choice in Silverton from now on. The food was outstanding and the staff were friendly and accommodating. Very impressed.Special Features:
- Don't miss this.DeaBDined on 3/20/2014PRO: Wonderful service, ambiance, food. Staff was ultra attentive and friendly, so that they made the whole experience fantastic. When we are in beautiful Silverton, we will always go to the Silver Grille. CON: Ravioli was a little underdone; selection of wines by the glass is very limited. Other than that, this was definitely a FIVE-star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option in SilvertonBeckyVIPDined on 3/16/2014We booked a last minute reservation at Silver Grille in Silverton while on a mini-vacation from our lives in Seattle. This place had great food at unbelievably low prices. I would highly recommend stopping by for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryLadysaddlerDined on 2/27/2014Small so the noise level was high. The lone server had all tables (2 which had 6 guests) occupied for most of the time we were there. Therefore, service slow. The Caesar salad was excellent. Our entrees were OK. Would probably go again but not in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in SilvertonLarryDined on 2/15/2014Outstanding from salad through the creme brulee and other desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDandDDined on 2/15/2014What a wonderful experience we had at Silver Grille! The entire experience was memorable. The food was excellent, the service was great - everything was just right! We were even able to meet the chef who served our table on occasion throughout the evening. This is a must-visit restaurant for us again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce Valentine's DinnerOn2NuitDined on 2/14/2014Relaxed European ambiance, friendly, helpful staff. Appetizers, entre and dessert all very good. Wine selection fair. We enjoy slow pacing, but there were very long delays between courses and things otherwise mis-timed, e.g., wine selection for entre arriving well into the course. One of the best restaurants in Marion Co., but still not on par with those of Portland or the Yamhill Co. wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticScottDined on 2/14/2014This was a great place to take my wife for Valentines day. The service was excellent. The owner visited us frequently and was very friendly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Our AnniversaryNicholasDined on 2/13/2014Absolutely wonderful experience. Totall worth the drive from Portland. Friendly, inviting and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at the silver!Live2dineDined on 1/26/2014Wonderful food and a great dinning experience. While it was our first, it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!ephusDined on 12/22/2013I hadn't been to the Silver Grille in many years, and was very pleased to find it was still there and still a wonderful dining experience. The gnocchi with lamb was recommended by our server and was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great foodchowgeekDined on 12/13/2013Nice little up-scale gem in Silverton. Food and service are good, with a nice romantic ambiance. Appeals to us foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had such an all round lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2013We had such an all round lovely time at Silver Grille and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys great food. My wife had the squash ravioli and I the NY steak. Wow, both were great and we ate back and forth. Go for it.Special Features:
- WonderfulGlennDined on 11/21/2013We had one of our greatest meal memories at the Silver Grille. House made cured meats and cheeses were outstanding. The cheese cake with a touch of goat cheese was terrific. This bistro is a northwest treasure....too bad it is so far off the beaten path. Go to Oregon Gardens, forego their meal offers, enjoy the Gardens and dine at the Silver Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceCarolDined on 10/12/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Silver Grille. The lamb special was prepared to my husband's delight and my polenta with wild mushrooms was simply perfection. We were impressed with the cured meats and pâté made in house and the outstanding wine list. This was a much appreciated flight from the ordinary. We will add Silver Grille to our list of local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Silvertonmpower69Dined on 9/26/2013Our group of 6 had a 'celebratory' dinner at the Silver Grille in September, and SG scored 6/6 - everyone loved it. My lamb gnocchi entree was terrific and the salads are excellent. We saved room for dessert and we weren't disappointed... crazygood chocolate/poached pear treat. I'll be looking for an excuse to pass through Silverton and the SG again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This seems to be the bestSusanDined on 9/25/2013This seems to be the best restaurant in the area and it is very good. Excellently prepared food, good menu selection, extensive wine list and great service all at reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two out of threesandypineDined on 9/14/2013Two of our meals (pork chop and cod cheeks) were quite good but the gnocchi and chicken dish was mediocre at best. Service was fairly slow – a good half hour before we got our entree. All this being said, it's the best place to eat in Silverton.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Place To EatLDM911Dined on 9/11/2013My husband ordered the chicken and I ordered the steak and we shared them. Both were excellent! The steak was cooked just the way I like it - with no pink. The service was also excellent. The only negative thing is that the menu is small. There's not much to choose from. And even though the dessert I ordered was delicious, it wasn't worth $8.00.Special Features:
- Foodies find!PamTDined on 9/7/2013If you want to enjoy a creative and interesting meal; If you want to have a romantic local date night; If you enjoy fine wine at reasonable prices definitely try Silver Grille. The menu is fantastic with something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.