Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson
3650 Shire Blvd
Richardson, TX 75082Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.silverfoxcafe.com/
- Phone: (972) 423-8121
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:; Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,; Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson
Come and join us for the finest in Prime Steaks and Fresh Seafood. While dining enjoy the elegance of our beautiful cellar with over 2000 bottles of wine. It is our pleasure to offer you the best food, wine, and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson - Best Restaurants in Richardson ›
Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (44)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (21)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The filet mignon was great, the lamb was not so great for the price. I would recommend the restraunt but do not order the Australian rack of lamb, it tasted like it was an old lamb. Overall we liked the restraunt, the waiting staff was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014Hosted a business dinner at Silver Fox with international guests from England. The food quality and service were both excellent. The noise level also allowed for a good business conversation over dinner. The table spacing also ensured the conversation was not overheard. We did the full appetizer, salad, entrée, desert, and drinks and everything was outstanding. Definitely good to be on an expense budget or splurging for a special occasion, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehs678Dined on 11/11/2014Very good prime steakhouse fare at commensurate prices. Friendly service and comfortable atmosphere - not stuffy but still elegant. Particularly enjoy their NY Strip steak although didn't care for how the mushrooms were prepared. Nice to have an upscale steak house in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- This restaurant is wonderful*OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014The service is wonderful and attentive and the food was excellent. We were celebrating a birthday in our party and so we chose a very special restaurant to create the right mood for our group. I highly recommend this restaurant for a great evening meal or a special occasion*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014You don't have to drive over to the Tollway or to downtown Dallas to have an upscale dining experience with the north Dallas suburbs. Silver Fox is terrific and proprietor Jason Campbell makes you feel at home and takes care of you. Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- servicePLTexDined on 11/6/2014The service over all was very good. The only suggestion would be to teach the young server to serve the lady at the table first. That would be a nice improvementI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always The Best in DFW!AZJHawksVIPDined on 10/27/2014Always amazing! Best steak hands down in DFW - Management and staff are amazing and food is the best! Don't even hesitate - book and go then you'll send a review similar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foxy restaurantKozakDined on 10/17/2014Outstanding service and waitstaff. The salads were wonderful and the entrees perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening, but very expensiveNativeTexanVIPDined on 10/15/2014If you are dining on the company's expense account, then enjoy! The steaks were all cooked as ordered and all with good flavor. The salads were nice especially the Silver Fox and Three Forks salads. The sides of mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas, tomato slices and green onions were disappointing. However, when the bill came, we were a little shocked. For a party of three, the total pre-tip came to $243--with no cocktails and only two glasses of wine. With tip, close to $300. While the food is good, this is not a $100/person dining experience. There are better steak houses in DFW at better prices. But I'm sure all the new commercial development around the restaurant will provide plenty of business customers willing to pay these prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceTXFoodieDined on 10/13/2014Silver Fox is a great place for a romantic dinner with that special someone or a quiet venue for a business dinner. The steaks are served with sides, so you are not forced to buy everything ala carte. The steak and lobster is great!!Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerSteakLoverDined on 10/10/2014The service was great and the staff worked well with us to ensure our dinner went as planned and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014really enjoyed the food and the staff was great..it was a bit loud but not too bad-the food was very good-everyone at our table enjoyed their mealSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Our waiter Bobby was FABULOUS. Attentive but he didn't interrupt our time together!Special Features:
- Excellent evening...Jersey732VIPDined on 10/4/2014The sea bass is delicious! The wine is great! And Jason is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a scale of 1 to 10...5davantsDined on 9/27/2014The service was outstanding. The atmosphere was romantic and the noise level was just what you'd want if celebrating a special occasion, such as an anniversary dinner. However, the food was average at best. For the amount of money we paid, both my wife and I expected the food to be above average. We both ordered a filet and we agreed we've had better steak at Saltgrass for a fraction of the price. Other than that, the staff really goes above and beyond to ensure your evening is special.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodRichardsonmomDined on 9/26/2014We live in the area, but don't go to SF much. We ended up there on a Friday night, and it was very good! Great, attentive service, knowledgeable wine guy, and the food was good. Crab cake was awesome, steak great, nice sides. The dessert was kind of dry, but we were full anyway, so we didn't care. I will go there again!Special Features:
- Great PlaceCowgirlsrideDined on 9/23/2014It more than met my expectations. The food was delicious. The service was great. It was not to loud, but not to quiet. I defiantly will go back. It's a great special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner was fantastic, service Was good, the only damper was a Crying baby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but........AttireDined on 9/12/2014The food was great, the staff was great, the place looked great then something happened. There is a sign next to the front door that states "Proper Attire Required." I have always taken that to mean dress nicely and if you wear jeans wear them with a nice shirt and tucked in. Well, we were well into our evening and the hostess set a couple next to us who came in to the restaurant in T-Shirts, Gym Shorts, and tennis shoes along with white sock up to their caves. They looked like they just came in from the gym. That ruined the evening right then and there. I go there to expect a better than average dressed crowed. People who have class. Instead, no proper attire includes Gym clothes? When did etiquette change?Special Features:
- Great Food, a lovely eveningPattyDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I went in to celebrate our 10th anniversary and everything was wonderful. The food was superb and the service was top notch. The manager and server both saw to our every need without us ever needing to say a word. Thank you Silver Fox for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- PerfectstaybrightDined on 9/9/2014The service here is extremely attentive and quick. I think we had at least 5 different people keeping an eye on us to make sure we wanted for nothing. The food here is also splendid in every way. I recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always!BandBDined on 9/6/2014Always great food and always wonderful service - they always make everyone feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itPhilDined on 9/6/2014I expected the steak (and everything else) to be exceptional, considering the price range and type of restaurant. It was not worth it at all. We could have had a much better steak elsewhere with same ambiance. Moreover, our waiter didn't seem to want to help us. I had to call him back twice; he walked away while I was trying to give him our drink and appetizer order.
- This is a great place for dinner.A1karguyDined on 8/30/2014The salad was delicious and the steak was one of the top 10 that I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticRLHorstDined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant for a romantic bday dinner. Great food, wine and conversation! Staff was awesome! Very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFloMofoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were seated promptly at our reservation time and the hostess accommodated our request for a booth. Quick and courteous service by both Jeff and Tammy - the entire meal was delicious! Also ordered a bottle of wine which was recommended by a featured item list which was nice. The 3 Forks Salad was especially tasty. Looking forward to our next visit to Silver Fox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceMommaSquirrelDined on 8/28/2014Been to Silver Fox many times for Restaurant Week and have loved it each time. Fav is always the III Forks Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first tryluvthatpastaDined on 8/28/2014We had noticed the crowds and finally decided to try during the Dallas Summer food fest. It was very good and worthy of a repat trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic every visitFoodieAtHeartDined on 8/25/2014Whether it's treating friends from out of town, restaurant week, or I want something delicious; Silver Fox is the place to go. The food is wonderful, the service is amazing, and you feel like part of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comparable Chicago Chop HouseWorldTraveler972Dined on 8/23/2014A Chicago-style chop house in nearby Richardson. The crab cake was mostly delicious crab meat, the Makers Mark mushrooms were a table favorite, the coffee rubbed tenderloin was perfect. Unfortunately, the prices were the same as Chicago...so this could only be a restaurant week or special occasion treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Silver Fox greatstephstroud711Dined on 8/22/2014The ambience was elegant and nice and the service was excellent. The manager even came over to see how we were doing and even took a picture for us! The food was absolutely incredible especially the beef tenderloins with a coffee and coriander rub.Special Features:
- Silver Fox Rest. WeekginnyzDined on 8/21/2014I was very happy with this food experience. From the beginning to end it was a food delite. The only thing that I would have liked better is if they had seated us in the dining room instead of the bar area. We were there on a Thursday evening and had an early reservation, and there were plenty of seating in the dining area but everyone that was having restaurant week menus were in the bar area. Yes it was restaurant week but we did purchase other things not just the $35. dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for two20TenDined on 8/21/2014The steak dinner for two is a perfect choice for a night of high end dinning. Our food was spot on and cooked to perfection. Our waiter knew the menu very well and was on top of everything throughout dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingluvgoodfoodDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week; we pass by this restaurant every day on our way home from work. I felt that because we did not order additional items other than what was offered on the fixed menu for $35 we were considered thrifty; not a nice feeling. My wedge salad was small and the lettuce wilted. My tenderloin was small in portion and not as rare as I would have liked, but had good flavor. The vegetables were too crunchy with no seasoning. My pecan cake was nothing special. I would think they would want to give a diner exceptional service & food so they would want to come back during restaurant week, but this was not the case at Richardson Silver Fox.
- Absolutely the best!RandyLVIPDined on 8/20/2014I just had a meeting with clients over a fantastic dinner and great wines! My clients now INSIST we go to Silverfox every time they come into town. I honestly have always had the best food and service each time I have dined here. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRCMedic7Dined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful place to go for an Anniversary dinner!!! The staff was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Great placeBrettDined on 8/16/2014One of the best steaks I've had anywhere! Staff and management really know what they are doingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!ShirleyDined on 8/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a birthday celebration @ Silver Fox. Food was very tasty and didn't feel rushed and could hear each other without yelling! DelightfulSpecial Features:
- A delightful experience!JandoeDined on 8/16/2014The food was mind blowing! Excellent service and dessert was a delight surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014My friend and I went for Restaurant Week and both had the steak entree. The meat was sooo tender and juicy but portion was a little small. The snap peas were cooked perfectly. The salad was tasty. The dessert was a little blah but okay. I'd definitely go back! Service was great.Special Features: