Silver Fox - Grapevine
1235 William D. Tate
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Silver Fox - Grapevine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.silverfoxsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8173296995
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Saul Fraire
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering questions and orders please call 972-888-8141; our Corporate Office. They provide the planning, we provide the food and service.
A word from Silver Fox - Grapevine
Alexis Campbell and the staff at Silver Fox are delighted to invite you to join us for the finest Prime Steaks and Fresh Seafood. View our one of a kind silver bar, lined with 1800 one ounce silver ingots. while dining enjoy the wonderful elegance of our wonderful wine cellar with over 250 varieties and over 2500 bottles of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Silver Fox - Grapevine reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (36)notable wine list (23)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (14)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014A good steakhouse with a quiet environment. Steaks were perfectly cooked and delicious. Sides were also very good.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We went for restaurant week and were pleased with the menu. Most of us had the tenderloin and it was much thinner than I am accustom to, but still very tasty and cooked as requested. Always love the 3-forks salad. We were right on time for Sat. night reservations and seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glacierroseDined on 8/16/2014The steak was far superior to the fish. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartDined on 8/15/2014Steak was dry. Food did not come out hot. Overall did not think the meal was worth the money
- Very DustyEatoutalotDined on 8/14/2014Food and service was wonderful but the whole restuarant was VERY dusty. Frisco location is much cleaner. I was very disappointed with what I sawSpecial Features:
- Delicious dinner, great service!DivadiDined on 8/14/2014All at our table ordered the coffee & coriander rubbed tenderloin, unsure of what to expect. Happily, we all agreed it was the most tender cut of meat we've eaten - utterly delicious! The snap peas & buttery mashed potatoes were also cooked to perfection. The only thing missing were the pieces of orange & pineapple in our dessert; otherwise, it was simply a slice of white cake. Despite that, we enjoyed our meal. The service was great, the wine flowed and we enjoyed the company of good friends... life is good!Special Features:
- unned2gouneed2goDined on 8/11/2014The meal was excellent, well prepared, server properly and on a timely basis...everyone received their plate at the same time from several servers converging on the table at once. Our waiter was friendly and helpful and although we were the last ones in the restaurant to finish our meal there was no effort to rush us out so they could close....that was appreciated! The overall atmosphere was nice but the interior was a little dated and could stand refreshing. For a restaurant of this quality, it was located in an area of chain restaurants and fast food outlets which was a little off-putting for someone who had never been there before.....great restaurant, not the best locationSpecial Features:
- Special Daddy Daughter DinnerDannoDined on 8/11/2014My daughter is entering her senior year of high school. I wanted to take her out on a special date in order to set the bar high for any potential boys in her future. We dressed up in suit and tie and beautiful dress. I had prearranged to have flowers at our table with a card. When we showed up we were taken to our table and they has provided an extra candle setting to go along with the flowers. The service was top notch! The food, excellent. We enjoyed a great meal and quality time together that will not soon be forgotten. I would highly recommend Silver Fox to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion with fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodLoversDined on 8/8/2014We have been to a couple different Silver Fox locations. This one is by far the best. We come here to eat from Odessa, Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th. Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The very best overall meal we've ever had and I've eaten all over the world!!! The only thing we got that if I had it to do over again, we wouldn't have gotten the shrimp cocktail!! We ordered crab cakes & shrimp cocktail and the crab cakes were so delicious that they over shadowed the shrimp!! The shrimp were a little big and little tough, but they were good! We had the surf & turf, little pricy, but delicious!! We did not know the cost and was a little surprised when we received our bill. But, hey for our 50th., it was well worth it!! I do not mind paying for excellent product & service and we received both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Fave SteakhouseAshBVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had V as our waitress and she was amazing. We will definitely be asking for her every time. I had the bone in filet and my husband had the peppercorn NY strip..both were amazing but the bone in was to die for. Splitting the III Forks salad is perfect for 2. They know how to make a good dirty martini and we cant wait to go againSpecial Features:
- Another great night at Silver FoxDCfoodiesDined on 8/6/2014Silver Fox is our go-to place for special occasions. This week we were celebrating our son's new job and his first choice of where to go was Silver Fox. We always start with the Beef Croustades (mine and my daughter's favorite). We skipped the salad this time, which is delicious, to have Onion Rings as a second appetizer and to make sure we had room for creamed corn as a side. The beef tips, vegetable lasagna, New York Strip and Salmon were absolutely heavenly, as were the sides we received with them. As always the service was very attentive, professional and personal. Chef Saul came out to greet us and check to see how we liked the meal. Everything was great from start to finish. We'll be celebrating at Silver Fox again soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Went here for our anniversary dinner. Had an overall excellent experience. The food was amazing and well-priced with large portions. Waiter was very attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itSteakloverDined on 8/2/2014Good variety of menu options and everything we've tried has been good. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silver Fox was fantasticDreamW3Dined on 7/26/2014I typically eat at the Frisco Silver Fox location, but with my mother-in-law living in Euless the Grapevine Silver Fox was a more convenient spot to celebrate her birthday. The food was wonderful (lobster bisque, crab cakes, steaks, seafood, and sides). Our server Kim was excellent and did a wonderful job with our table of 8. The entire experience was extremely enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014Silver Fox made my birthday very special. As always, the food & service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teegieDined on 7/15/2014Always a favorite. More for your money and music is pleasant an low enough for conversation. Steak perfectly cooked. We get the meal for two and what a value!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014Silver Fox is best option for steak in the Southlake/Grapevine area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary to US!!lsouthbakerDined on 7/9/2014We have lived in Grapevine for 10 years and never eaten here.... THAT has now changed. Wonderful food, great atmosphere, excellent service!!Special Features:
- Great service.LuckyjoeyDined on 6/27/2014The service was fast and very friendly. We ordered a bottle of wine that they ended up not having but they offered us a comparable/better tasting yet more expensive bottle for the same price. No restaurant has done that for me before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDCfoodiesDined on 6/17/2014We go to Silver Fox Grapevine 1-2 times a year, usually to celebrate something going on in our business. We're always greeted warmly and seated very quickly. The wait staff is very professional, friendly and attentive. The four of us wanted to share 2 crab cakes for our appetizer so, to our surprise, the chef made 4 smaller crab cakes instead. We also had soup, salad and 4 delicious entries. We ended the night sharing a decadently rich piece of chocolate cake. The food is consistently excellent...always cooked exactly the way we order it and seasoned to perfection. Chef Saul even came out and checked to make sure we had everything we needed and we were enjoying our food. I can't recommend Silver Fox Grapevine enough.Special Features:
- love52Dined on 6/16/2014Went to Silver Fox on my 52nd wedding anniversity with my best friend and his wife. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Silver Fox GrapevineGrapevineDined on 6/10/2014A hidden jewel in Grapevine. The inside is gorgeous and the food is second to none. A great place to celebrate a nice event.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable all around !RhodaDined on 6/9/2014We were greeted immediately and welcomed in. The atmosphere is very soothing...white tablecloths, dim lighting and calming music. We had a drink at the bar first and the bartender delivered a hefty pour of our favorite bourbon. Our server, Callie, was very professional and friendly. The Three Forks Salad is always divine...our steaks were "perfect" and I am very picky (usually have to send mine back at least once for extra grilling), vegetables cooked correctly, and we shared a Crème Brule that was prepared perfectly and hit the spot. Our left-overs were expertly packed up by a team of servers before dessert and coffee. Couldn't have been a better experience ! We will be back many times in the future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014No valet parking when I pulled up so this should have been a sign. There was no hostess the waiters doing the seating. The bar looked closed it was so dark and no customers. Restaurant appeared to be less 25% and yet service was rushed. The waitress messed up our order and then argued with us about it. The only was I could get her to stop was to ask for the manager. The manager never showed up, but she did stop arguing with me. Too many other good choices in the area to go back.
- Could be a lot betterEnjoyfoodwantatmosphereDined on 6/6/2014Should have balked when hostess wanted to seat us (party of 2) in a private room with a noisy group of 8. Would have been better to eat in the bar with many conversations going on, rather than one group having some kind of reunion. Kind of ruined our experience. The hostess should have paid attention to this detail! Joseph was a very good waiter, but his ability could not counter-balance the situation. This reminded me of the hibachi grill situation if there's 2 or 4 in your group...do I really want to get to know the other 6 people at our table that unfortunately, seats 10? You're stuck together like a 3 hour flight! The scallops appetizer was excellent, but the way undercooked filet for my wife turned into more overcooked after redo.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. The food was wonderful and the service was perfect. We will be going again. We both enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Early Bird - 6:30JoeyGDined on 5/19/2014Celebrating our anniversary with another couple. Service was exceptional, thanks Joseph, and the food was outstanding, again. If there is a better steak in the metroplex we have not found it. Quiet evening sipping wine and enjoying dinner with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014Always pleased with the food & service at Silver Fox. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food.SuzyQDined on 5/13/2014The restaurant was a little dark for a business dinner however the service was great and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silverfox grapevineKdsmarine93Dined on 5/12/2014Great service and food was great. Sea Bass was good, but not best I have had. Will always come back. They do a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1sttimedinersDined on 5/12/2014We had a very nice dinner. It was a Monday nite and the weather was bad outside so the restaurant wasn't very crowded. The noise level was ok for having a conversation with the others at the table without having to scream. First time for us but we'll be back for sure. We had very nice and attentive waiter, Kim. His service was top notch.Special Features:
- Wonderful steak!152498Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers Day . Our Tenderloin was the best steak I had had, it melted in your mouth very tender and tasty?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day lunchDonPDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife to Silver Fox (first time) for lunch. We enjoyed all. Can't wait to go back and visit the bar. The food and wait staff were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingjhamil3Dined on 5/10/2014Great selection of delicious entrees, bordered by scrumptious appetizers and devilish desserts. Great for any special occasion or just a fabulous dinner.Special Features:
- Pre-Mother Day DisappointmentDisapt2Dined on 5/10/2014I have been a patron of Silver Fox Grapevine since it open, ultimately introducing other Executives to a great Steakhouse. Three of the four steaks were under cooked, the service never offer the traditional center cook to validate the was cook properly. I ran out of silver ware and had to sit for several minutes before getting a fork for dinner, one of the servicer actually service the garnishment by reaching across the table. Our food was just thrown on the plate. This was the most disappointing meal ever from Silverfox, I have been a loyal patron for years bring family guest, and executive peers to the resturant. You lost great steak house to poor service a lack of attention to detail.Special Features:
- Lovely service and quietly romanticDonPDined on 5/5/2014I have been wanting to go to Silver Fox since moving to Colleyville in October. My favorite employee is leaving this Friday, so it was a good opportunity to take her there for a drink and dinner. It met all my expectations and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backJulieDined on 5/3/2014I made the reservation saying we were dining here for my husbands birthday. When we arrived, we stood at the hostess stand a good 10 minutes before being acknowledged by anyone. It was all I could do to keep our party of four from walking out the door waiting for someone to even smile at us. Our waitress once seated was very good, no complaints on her at all. The food was so so- too many better options in the area to ever go here again. Also- no mention or acknowledgement about my husbands birthday at all which was also disappointing, don't ask if its a special occasion if you are not going to do anything with the information!!
- Out of rotationInsuranceguruDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I usually eat out once a month at a nice place this will definitely be removed from our rotation. Nothing memorable for a two hundred dollar tab for two people. Steak was over cooked. Scallops were marginal. Service poor. Will not return.
- The following 686 reviews are from the Silver Fox - Grapevine reviews archive.
- Celebration DiningMaggieDined on 4/20/2014The Silver Fox is a wonderful upscale restaurant. We go there when we have something to Celebrate, a birthday, anniversary, some simple achievement. The food is excellent and wonderful wines. Our diets and pocketbooks can't afford it often but it is our favorite for the important occasion. Serving staff always polite, knowledgeable, and funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.