Silver Fox - Grapevine
1235 William D. Tate
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Silver Fox - Grapevine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.silverfoxsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8173296995
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Saul Fraire
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering questions and orders please call 972-888-8141; our Corporate Office. They provide the planning, we provide the food and service.
A word from Silver Fox - Grapevine
Alexis Campbell and the staff at Silver Fox are delighted to invite you to join us for the finest Prime Steaks and Fresh Seafood. View our one of a kind silver bar, lined with 1800 one ounce silver ingots. while dining enjoy the wonderful elegance of our wonderful wine cellar with over 250 varieties and over 2500 bottles of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Silver Fox - Grapevine - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Silver Fox - Grapevine reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (44)notable wine list (34)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (24)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Silver Fox was fantastic. My wife and I don't get away from the kids very often so we decided to make a night of it and Silver Fox was our dinner. I don't recall ever having a steak as tender as the tenderloin we had and the creamed spinach was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Atmosphere appropriate for a steak house. ..Food good. ..Service outstanding(Brenda was great). Bread bland - Need to kick that up a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order the Bread PuddingWineDineDebVIPDined on 10/6/2014Definitely save room for the bread pudding. The Maker's Mark sauce made the dessert. Stick with steak at this resturant. I ordered the Sea Bass and it was okay but all 5 at the table that ordered steak were raving about the steak.Special Features:
- Great!Love2EatVIPDined on 10/2/2014Another great meal. We appreciate the personalized service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANother Awesome Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014Our visit to the Silver Fox was outstanding.... The food was great, the staff was awesome. The III Forks salad is a must have. I highly recommend the establishment.Special Features:
- The Silver Fox does it again!jhamil3Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I reserved a table for a special "date night" and we were treated like royalty. From the moment we walked in the door to the service at the table to the greeting by the head chef, it couldn't have been a better night. Thank you Silver Fox: you made our night!Special Features:
- Great night out!levodeeDined on 9/24/2014Had a nice birthday dinner for my wife and enjoyed the "Date Night" option that Silver Fox had to offer. Had a great server named Brandon who also happens to be the main bartender. That was a double bonus. Food was great and prepared to our expectation, coupled with a great server made it a great night. I'm just disappointed I was too full to order my favorite Silver Fox dessert--Bread Pudding--and enjoy the surprise birthday dessert provided to my wife because I mentioned in my reservation that we were celebrating my wife's birthday. Thank you, Silver Fox for a great nigh out.Special Features:
- Local Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Absolutely the best Bone-in Filet in DFW! FYI, follow up with the bread pudding, smothered in bourbon sauce. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, is probably greatcdppadhDined on 9/15/2014Food/Service was great, but room was hot. It was a slow Monday night and probably attempting to save electricity. Wine list was extensive, but seemed overpriced, even by inflated restaurant standard. Long Island Tea was exceptional. Steak was perfectly cooked and good flavor.Special Features:
- Love2EatVIPDined on 9/8/2014Never disappointed. It's our favorite place for our anniversary and date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 092014Dined on 9/5/2014This was or first time at the Silver Fox. I took my husband their to celebrate his birthday. The food and the service were both excellent. It was the perfect choice for a quiet dinner. We both enjoyed the food and ambiance and e service was exceptional from the moment we walked in through the moment we left. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to meet friendsDonPDined on 9/5/2014Silver Fox in Grapevine is easy to get to and have friends meet there.Special Features:
- Filet + WineTuffloveDined on 9/5/2014Got the 8oz filet and a glass of the Wounded Warrior's blend wine and it was very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place for business dinnerDonPDined on 9/2/2014Brought friends from NYC who frequent wolfgangs steakhouse in NYC. they said this was equal! the food was it's usual - wonderful and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Extraordinary Service - Great FoodScottDined on 8/30/2014I chose The Silver Fox for my wife and my anniversary dinner. Oh, the points I made with her! We mentioned to the bartender when we arrived we'd like champagne to celebrate our anniversary. Upon being seated at our table, the waiter brought a single candle to the table and wished us a happy anniversary. When the food arrived, our steaks were seasoned and cooked to perfection, the sides were wonderful, and we couldn't have asked for a better anniversary dinner experience. My wife is already singing your praises to friends and family. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRodRDined on 8/30/2014The food is always great, including all aspects of an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Silver Fox Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014One might expect that for Restaurant Week the cuisine might be a little different from the usual menu items, but we continue to find that there is no lessening of the quality and the taste of the food at Silver Fox Grapevine. We continue to marvel at the fantastic selections on the Restaurant Week menu that rival the normal menu. The taste of the Coffee Coriander Tenderloin was wonderful, and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- MiloMiloDined on 8/29/2014Great service & food. Was there for restaurant week & out of the wine we wanted & they brought us a more expensive wine for same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a visit!NeilDined on 8/27/2014we came during restaurant week and absolutely loved this restaurant even after hearing it was just ok. a little pricey, but wonderful for a special occasion. Service and food were both terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing after all the years!lisawDined on 8/22/2014We have been going to Silver Fox since it opened, and it is just as amazing as the day it opened. The steaks are cooked to absolute perfection, the snap peas are crisp and flavorful, the potatoes are so yummy! I'm not sure how they do it, but they do it so very well!Special Features:
- LiveToEatDined on 8/22/2014I lived in grapevine for 6 years and never visited Silver Fox until restaurant week. First the restaurant is too dark. The restroom was old world Hollywood which was nice however the old and tattered washcloths bought the feeling of a upscale restaurant down. The 2 inches of collected dirt around the candle decorations didn't help much either. The food was good however too much dressing on my wedge salad and the glob of butter on potatoes should be whipped in. The steak was excellent along with the staff. I say you can always tell a good restaurant by the bread and silver fox has the best bread!Special Features:
- Consistently great food and serviceTexasmom43Dined on 8/20/2014We had not been here in two years, and we decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week. We forgot how good the food is at Silver Fox, and the service is still excellent! We had a large group (13), and we were well taken care of! The bartenders were also excellent and attentive to our needs when we first sat at the bar for cocktails. IAnd we were actually able to hear each other visit during dinner (unlike some of the other steak places nearby). It is comfortably quiet. We will definitely be back more regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksJDubDined on 8/18/2014A good steakhouse with a quiet environment. Steaks were perfectly cooked and delicious. Sides were also very good.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant weekduckyloves2dineDined on 8/16/2014We went for restaurant week and were pleased with the menu. Most of us had the tenderloin and it was much thinner than I am accustom to, but still very tasty and cooked as requested. Always love the 3-forks salad. We were right on time for Sat. night reservations and seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glacierroseDined on 8/16/2014The steak was far superior to the fish. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartDined on 8/15/2014Steak was dry. Food did not come out hot. Overall did not think the meal was worth the money
- Very DustyEatoutalotDined on 8/14/2014Food and service was wonderful but the whole restuarant was VERY dusty. Frisco location is much cleaner. I was very disappointed with what I sawSpecial Features:
- Delicious dinner, great service!DivadiDined on 8/14/2014All at our table ordered the coffee & coriander rubbed tenderloin, unsure of what to expect. Happily, we all agreed it was the most tender cut of meat we've eaten - utterly delicious! The snap peas & buttery mashed potatoes were also cooked to perfection. The only thing missing were the pieces of orange & pineapple in our dessert; otherwise, it was simply a slice of white cake. Despite that, we enjoyed our meal. The service was great, the wine flowed and we enjoyed the company of good friends... life is good!Special Features:
- unned2gouneed2goDined on 8/11/2014The meal was excellent, well prepared, server properly and on a timely basis...everyone received their plate at the same time from several servers converging on the table at once. Our waiter was friendly and helpful and although we were the last ones in the restaurant to finish our meal there was no effort to rush us out so they could close....that was appreciated! The overall atmosphere was nice but the interior was a little dated and could stand refreshing. For a restaurant of this quality, it was located in an area of chain restaurants and fast food outlets which was a little off-putting for someone who had never been there before.....great restaurant, not the best locationSpecial Features:
- Special Daddy Daughter DinnerDannoDined on 8/11/2014My daughter is entering her senior year of high school. I wanted to take her out on a special date in order to set the bar high for any potential boys in her future. We dressed up in suit and tie and beautiful dress. I had prearranged to have flowers at our table with a card. When we showed up we were taken to our table and they has provided an extra candle setting to go along with the flowers. The service was top notch! The food, excellent. We enjoyed a great meal and quality time together that will not soon be forgotten. I would highly recommend Silver Fox to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion with fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeCJH95VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been to the Silver Fox in Grapevine 3 or 4 times. Each time on a Saturday evening during peak dinner hour and each time the restaurant is barely 1/4 full. I don't understand, except perhaps it is the location? The food is really good and the service has always been good too. We'll be back assuming they continue to stay open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodLoversDined on 8/8/2014We have been to a couple different Silver Fox locations. This one is by far the best. We come here to eat from Odessa, Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th. Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The very best overall meal we've ever had and I've eaten all over the world!!! The only thing we got that if I had it to do over again, we wouldn't have gotten the shrimp cocktail!! We ordered crab cakes & shrimp cocktail and the crab cakes were so delicious that they over shadowed the shrimp!! The shrimp were a little big and little tough, but they were good! We had the surf & turf, little pricy, but delicious!! We did not know the cost and was a little surprised when we received our bill. But, hey for our 50th., it was well worth it!! I do not mind paying for excellent product & service and we received both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Fave SteakhouseAshBVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had V as our waitress and she was amazing. We will definitely be asking for her every time. I had the bone in filet and my husband had the peppercorn NY strip..both were amazing but the bone in was to die for. Splitting the III Forks salad is perfect for 2. They know how to make a good dirty martini and we cant wait to go againSpecial Features:
- Another great night at Silver FoxDCfoodiesDined on 8/6/2014Silver Fox is our go-to place for special occasions. This week we were celebrating our son's new job and his first choice of where to go was Silver Fox. We always start with the Beef Croustades (mine and my daughter's favorite). We skipped the salad this time, which is delicious, to have Onion Rings as a second appetizer and to make sure we had room for creamed corn as a side. The beef tips, vegetable lasagna, New York Strip and Salmon were absolutely heavenly, as were the sides we received with them. As always the service was very attentive, professional and personal. Chef Saul came out to greet us and check to see how we liked the meal. Everything was great from start to finish. We'll be celebrating at Silver Fox again soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Went here for our anniversary dinner. Had an overall excellent experience. The food was amazing and well-priced with large portions. Waiter was very attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itSteakloverDined on 8/2/2014Good variety of menu options and everything we've tried has been good. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silver Fox was fantasticDreamW3Dined on 7/26/2014I typically eat at the Frisco Silver Fox location, but with my mother-in-law living in Euless the Grapevine Silver Fox was a more convenient spot to celebrate her birthday. The food was wonderful (lobster bisque, crab cakes, steaks, seafood, and sides). Our server Kim was excellent and did a wonderful job with our table of 8. The entire experience was extremely enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014Silver Fox made my birthday very special. As always, the food & service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teegieDined on 7/15/2014Always a favorite. More for your money and music is pleasant an low enough for conversation. Steak perfectly cooked. We get the meal for two and what a value!Special Features: