Silver Fox - Fort Worth
1651 S. University Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Silver Fox - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverfoxsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (817) 332-9060
- Hours of Operation:
Cocktails: Monday - Saturday:4:00 - 5:00 Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Silver Fox - Fort Worth
Come and join us for the finest in Prime Steaks and Fresh Seafood. While dining enjoy the elegance of our beautiful cellar with over 2500 bottles of wine. It is our pleasure to offer you the best food, wine, and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Silver Fox - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Silver Fox - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (38)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Untrained staffExpectsValueGoodServiceDined on 11/11/2014We were disappointed by our dining experience. The staff was not properly trained for a restaurant of this caliber. Our our salads were served before our drinks arrived. The staff was uninformed about the bar stock. When we asked how the mnhattan had been prepared, we did not get a good answer. The manhattan - if that's what it was - arrived with no cherry and was very foamy having been shaken and not stirred. The drinks were small for the price. The III Forks salad was as delicious as ever but ii's presentation was more like a fast food restaurant that an upscale restaurant. The best trained employee was the busboy who kept our water glasses full without being intrusive. We have had much better service in chain restaurants.
- FantasticgbearDined on 10/11/2014We return time and again due to the excellent food, serivce and ambiance. It's a wonderful dinner out.Special Features:
- Great steakDaveDined on 10/10/2014One of the best dinners I've had from traveling around the world...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Restaurant and Excellent ServJerryFavoriteDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant is a super location for great food and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againheaton4Dined on 10/2/2014The quality of food in this restaurant is not as good as it has been in years past. I'm not sure what has changed, but I do know that Texas Roadhouse can serve a better tasting steak. An upscale restaurant should know how to serve creme brûlée as well. We will not go back.
- Good but not great.BirthdayboyDined on 9/27/2014A little crowded for quest and servers when full. Food is good nut servings could be more generous. Service was pretty good but could be more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOOGIE1Dined on 9/27/2014Upon arrival at our reservation time, which was confirmed by Open Table, the restaurant did not have our reservations. However we were seated with a couple of minutes. Very noisy and service was slow. We were always "looking" for our waiter. Restaurant appeared to be understaffed, albeit there was a wedding party at a very large banquet table.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We arrived early and accomendations were made to adjust. My wife has some special needs in eating and the staff was wonderful in adjusting. Lance our server was attentive and went out of his way in serving us. Kudos to management and staff. By the way, the prime rib was excellent, The sides of snap peas, asparagus, were fresh and served to perfection. Be sure to try the sliced tomatoes with herbs, Wonderful!Special Features:
- FoodMickDined on 9/18/2014The food was exceptional. Our friends remarked that it was the best in town. We celebrated our 49th anniversary that night. The staff bent over backwards to make sure our special occasion was really special. And the chocolate cake, large enough for four, was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014We were a table for 4 and all of our steaks were cooked incorrectly. The wine list is very disappointing. Desperately needs to be redone. The first bottle we ordered had turned. Our waitress did a nice job of apologizing and the manager did comp our steaks but it still was not worth it. A good neighborhood restaurant has taken a definite turn for the worse.
- Probably won't go backLaurieDined on 9/13/20147:15 reservation, Finally seated at 8:00 only after speaking with the manager. Both hostess' were rude and lacking good customer service skills! Very friendly and nice waiter, but again we had to wait a very long time after placing our dinner order. Drinks were good, but salad and dinner were just mediocre. Very doubtful that I will ever go back there.
- DisappointingCt17Dined on 9/13/2014For a high-end restaurant I expected better service. We ordered wine and the only time the server poured it was when the bottle was first open. Then, they forgot part of our order (a lobster tail) and when it arrived everyone at the table was almost finished with their meal and the tail was slightly overcooked. On an up note, the chocolate cake was wonderful.
- Silver FoxEFGCSRDined on 9/6/2014We had a great time. Service was excellent, as well as the meal.Special Features:
- DHSQDined on 9/6/2014Every single bite of our dinner was delicious and the service was great!!Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/30/2014Just average had heard good things about this establishment.
- A little disappointed !MaxwellhouseDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to choose this location for a change to our Restaurant Week meals. I highly recommend the III Forks appetizer salad which is delicious. The remainder of our food was a little disappointing, nothing extraordinary. We feel the RW special menu was a good deal however it did not show off their ability to 'wow' which I have experienced before. If people are to use the RW menu to try the restaurant out, this would not be the way to do it. Notable wine list, the service is good.Special Features:
- Ok but better placesRDRoDined on 8/27/2014Sat us with TV in front - not expected for proposed quality level. Food ok but not remember-able. Service ok.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2014The Restaurant Week menu was awesome......and my own dinner of the Pork Chop wad absolutely delicious. It was very peaceful and quiet and Michael -provided wonderful service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a friendly smile. Very attentive throughout the entire evening.Special Features:
- Silver Fox ReviewDinerSDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately, my husband and I had a dining experience that was mediocre. As parents of young children, it is not often that we get to go out and enjoy some quality food. When we went for our anniversary I was hoping for good service but it just wasn't our night. Our waitress seemed to be gone for long periods and couldn't remember anything from the right dressing we requested on our salads to the fact that I wanted coffee with my dessert. She asked us if we would like some fresh bread with dinner and then never delivered it and we didn't find out about the onions and tomatoes that were supposed to be offered with our entree until after we were finished with dessert. All in all, I left feeling disappointed.
- Problem Handled RightguzTXVIPDined on 8/19/2014Visited during Restaurant Week and our experience from a food perspective was a bit of a disappointment. We ordered the steaks and they were way under cooked so we sent them back for some more heat. Still not right, but we decided to eat them anyway. The staff was very concerned and several management personnel came to talked with us. My steak was re-prepared, but still not the way I like it. When the bill was presented, our meal costs were removed from the bill and we only had to pay for the wine we enjoyed. In addition, another complete meal was given to us to take home along with the deserts we had ordered. Not the best total experience, but the problem was handled well. We will be back as prior experiences have been good.Special Features:
- Big dissapointment...NotgoingbackDined on 8/18/2014The only good food was the tomato soup with tenderloin & wedge salad. Went during restaurant week. I upgraded my steak to a ribeye medium rare. It came out done & only 1/4 inch thick at its thickest part. At the cost of a $12 upgrade from the $35. price fixe. The mashed potatoes were mealy, but had a good flavor. The snap peas were perfect!!! The Texas pecan cake was a poor respresentation of cake. Sorry to say, overall I was very disappointed
- DisappointedStarlightDined on 8/16/2014We waited several minutes to be seated, even though we had reservations. We ordered water and cocktails each & an appetizer from our friendly server. Then we sat & sat for at least 30 minutes, & finally waved down a random person to at least bring us some water. There was a line of water pitchers two feet from us; I was very tempted to get up & pour some into our empty wine glasses. Extremely annoying to sit w/a dry basket of bread, w/no water or any kind of drink for 30 minutes! Seriously? The h20 finally arrived & appetizer came before our cocktails, so we nibbled on that with water. We wanted to sit & relax w/our drinks for a few minutes before the meal. So irritating to start dining this way. Re food, we had steaks; they were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taylorDined on 8/16/2014nice place that isnt stuffy.. Relaxing and quiet place for a date. my GF loved it as her first time there. thanksSpecial Features:
- FabulousAU10Dined on 8/16/2014With a group of 8 we had a very good dinner drinks and service that was well above average. We will return.Special Features:
- ExcellentGrammyDined on 8/16/2014We love eating at Silver Fox. Definitely would recommend for great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Disappointedheaton4Dined on 8/16/2014Have been going here for our anniversary for the last several years & decided to take the family this time to celebrate. The service was not as good as it has been in the past. Not to mention, the sides we ordered were not delivered with the meal. After waiting several minutes, we had to ask where they were. Drinks were not refilled in a timely manner. For the amount of money we spent in this restaurant, this is unacceptable. We will choose another restaurant to fine at for future anniversaries.Special Features:
- Very disappointedFroggiesDined on 8/15/2014We have been here several times before and have always been extremely pleased. For some reason the waitress seemed mad at us. We asked for restaurant week menus and it took at least 10 minutes for them to arrive as well as the water. I also asked for a wine list which I guess made her even more mad to have to bring us another menu. Three of us ordered from the restaurant week menu and one did not. I have been to many restaurants during restaurant week and have never been so disappointed in a meal. Honestly if you don't want to participate in donating money for a good cause then don't participate and don't serve bad meals! The desserts that were included with the meal looked exactly the same even though they had different names.
- Excellent dinner and fine servicerscalkoneDined on 8/15/2014I would highly recommend Silver Fox for any dinner occasion. The food was excellent and the service was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteCCGGDined on 8/15/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. III Fork salad and filet are always delicious. Wine list is Ok.Special Features:
- Was a mediocre experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014They tried to seat us in a back area because we were there for restaurant week and really pushed their regular menu - why participate if you're going to perform below your normal standard- I wouldn't care to come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014We very much enjoyed the "Restaurant Week" menu and the most excellent service provided by Michael......the chicken was wonderful and my sister's snapper was very tasty.....it was a most pleasant meal. The valet, Carlos, is super attentive.
- Excellent!GRobDined on 8/13/2014I've eaten at premier steak houses across the country, and this restaurant is right up there at the top of my list!! Great service and great food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshinegirlDined on 8/13/2014Elegance, quality, excellent food,service can't be beat, amazing wine list. The sugar snap peas are outstanding! Great for special occasions or for a treat on a week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Placemec48Dined on 8/11/2014Whenever I want to go to a fine restaurant Silver Fox is my choice! We always make a special effort to take advantage of Restaurant Week at Silver Fox, it has become an annual tradition for my friends and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend.RobJenDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed every bite. The filet, sides, and banana's foster were all worth the time in between visits. We save this restaurant for special occasions and it has always delivered a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014First time in at the SilverFox. It was great. The food and service are what really stood out to me compared to other chop house / steakhouses. My wife and I really loved it for our special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCelebratingDined on 8/6/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and when we were asked if we were celebrating anything were congratulated. After we were finished eating they gave us a piece of delicious chocolate cake and a special card signed by the staff. Made the evening complete and I'm sure we will be back in future years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John in Fort WorthJohnDined on 8/5/2014Our choice for celebrating anniversaries and special occasions. Impeccable service and superb enters. Try the prime rib!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to take someone specialchallengeDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere, food and service were exactly what was desired to show the special lady that I cared. Could not have ben better.Special Features: