Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor
103 Silver St.
Dover, NH 03820Neighborhood:
Afternoon TeaPrice: $30 and under
Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverfountain.com/
- Phone: 6037504200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Kaley Fellows
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions such as Wedding or Baby Showers, Birthday or Tea Parties, Bereavement Luncheons
- Private Party Contact: Pamela Pidgeon 6037504200
- Entertainment: Soft music playing, live piano occassionally
A word from Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor
Serving Luncheon and High Tea, from soups, quiches, sandwiches, and salads to the fancy 3-tiered "Duchess" featuring delectable mini-sandwiches, scones w/Devonshire cream & lemon curd, finished with petite fours. Come enjoy our relaxing atmosphere in our beautiful 1871 Victorian Bed & Breakfast in historic Dover, NH. Reservations are preferred to be able to offer optimum service and availability.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful lunch sitting outside on the porch. Food was delicious, the mango ice tea was delicious. The service was perfect and we enjoyed touring the inn, it's beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect venuecouldbDined on 5/15/2014This is casual elegance at its best. Food was delicious and the tea was perfect. Strongly recommend if you are looking for a light fare in a charming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful High tea service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The Silver Fountain has a wonderful high tea service. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting or from the area! Wonderful people, excellent friendly service, delicious food!Special Features:
- DisappointingmadburymamDined on 5/7/2014I've been to the Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor a number of times, but each time I go it seems the food isn't as good as the last time. My friend and I both had chicken salad with grapes & kiwi; however, I found 1/2 grape and my friend had a whole grape. Neither of us had kiwi. The chicken was mashed like baby food. Very disappointing. Two sandwiches, an ice tea, a hot tea and a plate of four cookies for $33. Disappointing.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor reviews archive.
- Victorian Afternoon TeaLvVictorianteasDined on 5/3/2014We went for afternoon tea on 5/3/14 and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and beautifully presented on 3 tiers, (we ordered the Duchess from the menu). We were also treated to a tour and history of the Silver Fountain Inn and area. We plan on returning to try some of the savories on the full lunch and dinner menus. We were delighted to hear of the special events such as, "Downton Abbey and Who Done Its" and are looking forward to participating and staying at the Inn. If you enjoy good food, beautiful atmosphere and elegance in a historical home without being stuffy, this is a perfect place. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies luncheonNeighborDined on 5/1/2014This was all we expected. Elegant, quiet yet friendly and delicious. We lingered over the lunch and never felt hurried. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dover's best kept secret!Sail4lifeDined on 4/8/2014This place really is a hidden gem! Went there twice last week while visiting family-once for a lovely pot of tea and homemade scones with a friend, and once for a special occasion luncheon, featuring high tea. Both times the service was outstanding, and the food delicious. Felt like we were in a Newport mansion, right here in the middle if Dover, NH!! The decor is breathtaking, the live entertainment just right-violinist playing quietly near the fireplace. After we ate, we were given a history of the place and a tour of some of the rooms. We will definitely come again for tea and to stay overnight in one of the wonderfully decorated guest rooms. I cannot say enough about this place, and the innkeepers are friendly and professional...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QUIET LUNCH PLACE TO TALKmadburymamDined on 2/27/2014The Silver Lattern Inn and Tea Room is a lovely place to meet friends and have a quiet chat over lunch or tea. Menu is light fare and ambience is delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood GemmadburymamDined on 2/19/2014Lunch was a delight a Silver Lantern Inn with two friends. We enjoyed quiche with fruit salad and chicken salad sandwiches, everything delicious. The "topping on the cake" was dessert--it was a three-tiered server filled with small, absolutely delectible desserts to share, twelve pieces in all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingGipseeMomDined on 2/15/2014This is a lovely spot to have special afternoon tea with friends or family. The set-up is snug but cozy and the wait staff is very attentive. The tea selection is wide and the scones are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.