Silver Dollar Grill
50 North Glenwood
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Silver Dollar Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.worthotel.com/
- Phone: 3077323939x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Scott A. Rutter, C.E.C., C.C.E.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Silver Dollar Grill offers some of the most exclusive private-party dining in Jackson Hole. The recently renovated Clymer Room features stained and beveled glass doors, custom Silver Dollar tables and finishes, and a seated capacity of 20. Guests may dine off the restaurant’s extensive menu, or through our banquet & event department utilizing any number of specialty and theme dinners. For larger groups (up to 90) the Wort Hotel’s exclusive Goldpiece and Jackson Rooms present fine western finishes, local brands, and beautifully crafted Wort Hotel chandeliers.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Morman 3077323923x
- Entertainment: The adjacent Silver Dollar Bar is renowned for the 2032 Morgan silver dollars inlaid in its serpentine bar top. This is the place where locals and tourists alike kick back and enjoy a glass of wine, beer, or one of our specialty martinis or margaritas. Your favorite games can be caught on one of our eight TVs or the Big Screen. The Silver Dollar Bar is the place to listen to live music on "Bluegrass Tuesdays" as well as on Friday and Saturday nights after a delicious dinner at The Silver Dollar Grill! Dancing is encouraged and there is never a cover at The Silver Dollar Bar!
A word from Silver Dollar Grill
Located inside the historic Wort Hotel, just off the town square in downtown Jackson, The Silver Dollar Grill is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious meal with your family and friends. We use only the finest ingredients and specialize in wild game and beef entrees. Try a hand-cut beef or buffalo filet, grilled to perfection over a mesquite fire, and pair it with the perfect wine! Our famous corn chowder was featured in Bon Appetit Magazine, and is something not to be missed. For the little ones, we offer a great "Little Buckaroos" menu with healthy, affordable selections. Our restaurant has a casual feel combined with top-notch service, and we promise you an experience you won't soon forget!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Silver Dollar Grill - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Silver Dollar Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- goginaDined on 9/12/2014The food and service was what I expected from a long time establishment of this kind. My food and husbands were not very hot so by time I got to the middle of my filet it was cold as well as the meal my husband had -- we were a party of six -- Friday night in Sept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greattinysanDined on 9/11/2014If you would like a Western flavor for your meal, this is a good spot. The food was good, but certainly not outstanding. The bar area is busy and quite noisy....if you like that type of atmosphere.Special Features:
- LoveToRideDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time to the Silver Dollar Grill, but it will not be our last. The service was first class and the food was wonderful, definitely on our A-list of restaurants. I have all ready recommended to many of my friends as the place to eat in Jackson WY.Special Features:
- PerfectionMlookDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant gets high marks in every area. Food and service were excellent and we liked the menu choices.Special Features:
- TJsarasota1Dined on 8/28/2014Bar is great,dinner is nothing special. They have tough competition in Jackson and living on reputation is not enough.Special Features:
- new menu is terribleLovehistoricsavannahVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Wort has been a favorites for 14 years. A refuge from the bustle in summer, and a weekly visit off-season. it has great service, a good bar, and you could count on a menu of standards that were well prepared. sadly, I assume there is a new manager and/or chef who likes hot Mexican food, and thinks a well done steak, chop or salmon is boring. there wasn't one thing on the menu that hadn't been messed with, trying to be fancy (smoky lobster sauce) but mostly mexican and spicy. the bison, my favourite, is gone. then the final disappointment, we ordered steak medium and well done. the medium was rare and the well done was medium rare, so they can't even make a steak right anymore. we won't be back till it change again.
- Great FoodKatieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Breakfast price was reasonable for the area, and everything tasted great. Our service was not all that great for them not being real busy, but the other time I ate there the service was fantastic. I will most likely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014As locals we should go to the Silver Dollar Grill more often. We always love their food, the ambiance and the service. We should not wait for special occasions but should make it a regular night out!Special Features:
- Great Steak!DiamondfunDined on 8/16/2014We came here to relax after a long day in the park. The rib-eye was probably one of the best steaks I've had in a while. The lobster nacho's were also awesome.Special Features:
- territetonDined on 8/15/2014Reservation was made for 7:00 PM and when we arrived we were told it would be "awhile" to get a table outside. Had to check back three times to find out about our table. Never got seated until almost 8:00 PM. Very disappointed with the hostess as she was not friendly, accommodating or did her job to get us a table.Special Features:
- Second Time AroundRemyVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food variety has improved since I dined here several years ago. The service was very good also. Overall, I enjoyed the experience except that it was August and there was little or no air conditioning. It is hard to enjoy a meal when you are hot. One might try to sit outside instead. I will not return for dinner during the summer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014to loud for meaningful conversation...unruly children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!ElaineDined on 6/28/2014The service at the restaurant was very good; the food was good, but not outstanding. Read the history of the building before you dine. It's an interesting spot.Special Features:
- Good findMattVIPDined on 6/27/2014We were happy with our dinner here. The menu is eclectic and generally delicious, not bad for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to standard of hotel or barDesmtDined on 6/3/2014This restaurant adjoins the Silver Dollar Bar on the property of the Wort Hotel, and sadly it's not up to the high standards of those sister venues. The bar is lively, colorful, and serves a nice range of excellent cocktails; the hotel is high-end and superb, but the Grill is rather pedestrian, with good but not great quality and unimaginative presentation. Prices are high end, but if you want value at top cost in downtown Jackson you're better off at the White Buffalo Club or Local Co. or - best of them all - the Blue Lion.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Silver Dollar Grill reviews archive.
- So good we went two nights in a rowsuzanneDined on 3/21/2014Delicious food, excellent service, very friendly staff, western ambience, and reasonably priced. Silver Dollar Grill is my new go-to in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silver Dollar Grill - Worth More!LordginVIPDined on 2/10/2014Silver Dollar Grill is a great rustic styled restaurant in the heart of Jackson. The food is fantastic with a variety of options. The service is very warm and friendly with a great big smile from the hostess and a heart warming wait staff that are knowledgeable and professional. The decor is very rustic but simple. The food is wonderfully fresh with a great selection of fresh foods. The Elk Gyros was by far the most interesting dish on the menu. Very flavorful and tasty but a bit tough. The Elk Sliders were also very fresh and tasty but a bit dry. To be fair, Elk is an acquired taste but they did well working around this tough meat.Special Features:
- Meh...rodandterriVIPDined on 2/2/2014Over the years I've been at this place probably five times and in my opinion each time the food quality has gone down just a little more. The location of this place makes you want to go here and the look is actually pretty good. It has that rustic western type feel. The only problem is the food doesn't match the prices that they want to charge in the main dining area. A couple things on the menu were actually pretty good like the French onion soup was delicious and I did try the risotto which was excellent but other than that everything else was mediocre or less. There were things we didn't even finish on our plate. I'm really hoping they step up their game before my visit next year I'd really like to go here and have a good meal.
- A DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/1/2014There was so much that could have been right about this wonderful historic gem...but wasn't. Food mediocre at best. No attention to detail. Sloppy table setting. As if no one really cared about making a special dining experience. It was Jan. 1 ...so maybe everyone was recovering. But we were looking for a special experience in what should have been a historic treasure. Too bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve gemJohneVIPDined on 12/31/2013Was a great place to dine for New Year's Eve. Food was great and would go back any timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in historic hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Had a great dinner here while on vacation. Frisee salad with coddled egg was innovative and delicious. Mac&Cheese appetizer with roast duck was awesome as well. Service was friendly, prompt and they left you alone to eat. Would definitely go back next time we are in Jackson.Special Features:
- Not worth the price tagOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Had a family Christmas dinner there. Was served in what seemed like an over flow room that held about 8 tables. Not a great environment to celebrate the holidays. Had the filet and husband had the bison steak. Kids has traditional turkey dinner for 25 Filet was way too seasoned with sage and other spices that even as small as it was I couldn't finish it. Way over powered the flavor if the meat. I had heard wonderful things about this restaurant but was disappointed Don't mind spending the money when you can walk away and say that was a great meal. In this case not so muchSpecial Features:
- The bestBtcmDined on 12/25/2013Food was excellent and plentiful. Went here for Christmas dinner and it was fantastic. Best Buffett in town. Music and food were excellent and the staff were friendly and attentative. I would highly recommend this place. Great meal for the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will visit againYodaDined on 12/20/2013Awesome food and excellent service! A must see atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prime rib and salmon lookedKarenDined on 11/3/2013The prime rib and salmon looked good and tasted wonderful. The waiter was attentive. The six of us enjoyed the evening very much and the 2 for 1 was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good hotel restaurant.Wyoming88Dined on 8/2/2013Food and service have alway been above average for this long time Jackson Hole landmark. A very good restaurant with a very lively adjoining bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but small portions.SmifDined on 7/31/2013Expect $50 plates, and extremely small portions. The menu is varried, interesting, and exotic. It's definitely a foodie stop, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're actually hungry. For an extremely expensive meal, I was only given a few small morsels of meat. Being that I'm a 125lb girl, it shouldn't be that difficult to fill me up. I'm rarely hungry when I leave a restaurant, and even though the quality of the food was good, at the end of the day, I still left the restaurant hungry. For what I spent, I feel like they can afford to give me enough meat to make me feel full.Special Features:
- New menucoffeeladyVIPDined on 7/28/2013They have changed the menu since I was here last and I found the new one very disappointing. Three of us had the trout and it had no flavor and did not look like any trout I have every seen before. One of us had the vegetarian lasagna and found it to be very flavorful and good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2013This place is touted as a local gem for fine dining, don't be fooled. Food was mediocre, service was friendly but slow and the prices were very high for the quality of food served. The heirloom tomatoes were mushy had almost no flavor, the $18 "American Kobe" burger was almost as good as the burgers you can buy at Costco. We did have a nice table outside and enjoyed the picturesque view and delightful weather, but the food was definitely a dissapointment. Ps. The creme brûlée was the highlight of an otherwise lackluster dining experience.
- Food was OK. I had the bone-inwinedoctorVIPDined on 7/20/2013Food was OK. I had the bone-in Ribeye. Was only a quarter of an inch think. Hmmm. Wouldn't return.Special Features:
- The patio dining, just asrghaDined on 7/15/2013The patio dining, just as the sun is going down, is delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular place in Jackson HolephilsieDined on 6/25/2013Located near the town square in Jackson the Silver Dollar offers a good regional menu, offering some local favs like bison and trout. The kid menu exists but is more typical of chain restaurants rather than smaller portions of real food, e.g. Kraft Mac&cheese (seriously!), chicken tenders, grilled cheese, etc. I forbid my kids from ordering from the kid menu (overpriced for what it was) and had them share the cedar plank salmon which they loved. The meals were all prepared well, looked good and tasted great. Get reservations early, they fill up quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appealing ambience, nice foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2013We started with Hendricks & tonic, but wine by the glass was boring and ordinary. We enjoyed our entrees which were the two evening specials—a kobe beef filet with a huckleberry glace, and a sea bass in a miso reduction. The kobe, while cooked medium rare to my order, was missing the buttery softness you expect at that price point. The Peruvian purple mashed potatoes were a bit bland, and the steamed baby carrots accompanying it were almost raw. The bass was nice, but for the price, we expected something a bit more special. The highlight was the smoked pheasant soup— a startling delicious and hearty opener, with layered flavors and more like a chowder. Service was friendly and professional & the historical ambience was appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodWestgirlDined on 6/11/2013We arrived early for our reservation and were seated right away. That is the only positive about this restaurant. Our server was not friendly. She seemed in a bad mood from the start. We waited an hour and 15 minutes for our food while other tables who sat after us got their food. When we asked how much longer she said soon. When our meal came my husbands fish was burnt and hard to cut. We complained and The server took the plate away. The manager took it off the bill and apologized but at no point did the waiter. Go to another restaurant there are plenty in Jackson hole.
- Overall a great experience!ReedelVIPDined on 5/22/2013The smoked quail soup was fantastic and the Elk sliders were delicious accompanied by ale-battered onion rings. The monte-cuban was a fun twist on the traditional and the corn chowder was excellent. Professional, knowledgeable service topped off a great lunch. Overall a really nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceDaisy2Dined on 5/13/2013Our only memorable meal in a week spent in Jackson was at the Silver Dollar Grill. Bison tenderloin was cooked perfectly medium rare as ordered and fork tender. Grilled Idaho trout was also well prepared and seasoned, still moist. Sides of mashed potatoes and mixed veggies were fair. Bread was crusty and delicious. We shared a creme brûlée (peanut butter!) which was also very good. Since we were dining in the off-season, entrees were 2 for 1, and wines by the glass were half price. Would go back.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Was Amazing, great food, great service, reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was superb, serviceScottVIPDined on 4/4/2013The food was superb, service excellent. WInes by the glass offering is minimal but it is very close to off season.Special Features:
- Date NightOctopusSqueezeDined on 3/7/2013This is a great spot for a date night. My husband and I like to go to dinner here before heading over to the theater. The atmosphere is warm and cozy, and the staff is always attentive and friendly. This last time, Caroline was cheerful and made excellent recommendations. It was my first time having the Huckleberry Martini, which I will be sure to order the next time we are in. I could not tell you what my favorite menu item is. I get something different every time, and everything has been conversation stopping good.Special Features:
- Warm, attentive, and caringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013Warm, attentive, and caring service - Caroline made a wonderful meal even better. Creative presentation of traditional Caesar salad, tangy and delicious starter with scallops, and a tender flavorful Kobe beef entree -- all fabulous. Thank you for an elegant evening!Special Features: