1121 5th Ave N.
Nashville, TN 37208Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silotn.com/
- Phone: (615) 750-2912
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Sunday Dinner: 5 pm - 9 pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 2:00 pm. Social Hour specials from 4 pm - 6 pm on Tuesday - Sunday. Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Larry Carlile
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Silo has a private dining room that seats up to 14 an a large table in the dining room that seats up to 16. We also offer private luncheons for small groups up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Paul at paul@SiloTN.com x
A word from Silo
SILO guests will enjoy a creative, chef-driven menu with a focus on the bounty of regional farmers and producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Silo reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (196)neighborhood gem (171)special occasion (88)hot spot (83)romantic (82)good for groups (67)great for brunch (57)great for outdoor dining (45)notable wine list (44)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (15)great for lunch (11)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Silo rocksLJENashvilleVIPDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I returned for another wonderful dinner at Silo. The location is perfect in Germantown and easy to get to. They have valet parking but you can often find street parking as well. What I like about Silo is the atmosphere- casual but fancy enough for a special event. It was full at 5:30 when we arrived which is a good sign. Although there are some food options which are standbys ( deviled eggs), the menu looks new each time for us and always seasonal and fresh. The warm grilled cauliflower starter was wonderful. My husband had grouper and I had a perfectly prepared pork chop. I don't usually have a cocktail but I always do at Silo- great mixologist at work. Nice finish to the meal with an array of desserts all freshly made. Overall another really super evening at Silo- thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingATNKIDDDined on 11/16/2014Evening started badly when our server asked the person at the end of our table - who had a drink from the bar - if she wanted a drink and then when she said "no" walked away from the table leaving the rest of us sitting for more than 10 minutes without a drink before she came back to the table. Cauliflower salads ordered as individual starters were brought to the table as though they were shared appetizers and plunked down at each end. Several menu items were unavailable. I believe they took the last portion of the $23.00 snapper entree and split it between the two of us who ordered this dish - we received less than 4 oz of fish and a tiny portion of the greens. If that is the normal portion it is shamefully overpriced. One member of our party of 7 got her entree halfway through the meal as the server put in a side order of grits instead of the shrimp and grits entree. The ambiance in the private dining room is cold and stark compared to the rest of the restaurant. It was a 20th birthday party, which was on the reservation, but never mentioned. The banana bread dessert was awful, the pot de creme was great. Overall there are just too many stellar options in Nashville now for mediocre to survive. Silo needs to get its act together - our night was a $400 disappointment.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch spotEricaVIPDined on 11/16/2014My friends and I were looking for a reasonably priced, great Southern brunch, and we found it at Silo. I ordered the pulled pork benedict and had their biscuits in gravy on the side - SO GOOD. Everything was a great price, cooked very well, and the place had great ambiance as well. I would absolutely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner with friendsHandJDined on 11/15/2014Amazing food, service, and atmosphere. Found this fabulous gem thru Open Table. Great place for dates, entertaining guests, business colleagues, clients, etc. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightAlysMomDined on 11/15/2014Our group of eight ladies arrived promptly for our 6pm reservation and didn't have to wait even a minute before being escorted to our table. It was the first time at Silo for all of us and we were not disappointed. Southern comfort food prepared in ways grandma never dreamed! Service was excellent, food was served quickly, not a single complaint. Highly recommend! Next time I'll bring my husband :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miranda and Meghan are the best.MattPatDined on 11/12/2014Miranda and Meghan are the best. Miranda and Meghan are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silo with friendsLarryCrabtreeVIPDined on 11/9/2014We have been to Silo several times but today we brought visiting relatives from Williams burg Va. The menu featured a variety of items. My sister had the biscuits and ham gravy, my hubby had an omelet and I had butternut squash soup and salad. My soup was unique among squash soups it had a touch of sweet to it which really set it off. Our server was attentive and the atmosphere pleasant. Really enjoyed out meal at Silo.Special Features:
- What happened?firstimerVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was one of my favorite restaurants until Saturday. For the first time I was completely disappointed in the food... I ordered a burger that had absolutely no flavor, was overcooked and rock hard. The fries were dripping with grease and cold! I hope this was an anomaly and not a sign that this once phenomenal restaurant is slipping.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceVisitNashDined on 11/8/2014My friend and I were in Nashville for a fun long weekend of great food, fun bars and lots of music. We came across this place in reviews for comparable restaurants and I am glad we chose this one to visit for our Saturday night dinner. The atmosphere of the restaurant is great, a modern rustic feeling. We had appetizers, main dishes and a few extra sides. All of which were out of this world. The pork chop and the shrimp and grits were both perfectly executed dishes. We were not able to have desserts since we over did it on the real food, but the dessert menu was definitely very tempting. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that is looking for extremely well done high end southern food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodLuke50Dined on 11/8/2014When researching places to eat in Nashville, a friend said that I should try Silo and I was not disappointed. All the food is locally sourced and delicious. We had the Duck Confit, the Mac and Cheese, and the jalapeno corn bread. All were delicious. The waitress was very friendly and took time to explain how they made and served some of their dishes (none of us ever had confit before). All in all, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always goodJes0918Dined on 11/8/2014Eaten here a number of times--always good. Shrimp and grits were excellent, 3 way deviled eggs oh so fine. Too bad no room for dessertSpecial Features:
- Great place!smokieshikerDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I loved our experience at Silo. The server (and service) was fantastic. We're tired of slow-to-greet, slow-to-water, mistakes-with-order kinds of experiences and everything was just right for us. When a different server brought us our dessert after our utensils had ben bussed, we began to panic watching our ice cream melt near the birthday candle they provided. Rather than flag down our server (or any server), we thought we'd just wait and see if anyone noticed. Without stopping by to check on us, our server must have seen that we lacked silverware for dessert and quickly brought us some. We never lacked water (a BIG problem at so many places), the food and wine were great, and we loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in town!!!!preciousmomentsDined on 11/6/2014Bear Creek Beef burger, Benton’s bacon, SWV cheddar, Provence bun, red onion, house pickles, house-made horseradish mayo - ENOUGH SAID!Special Features:
- Nashville 2015PGGreenwichDined on 11/1/2014Bit of a delay getting a waiter, but after that, it was thoroughly enjoyable evening. The menu is very interesting - loved the baked marrow bone!Special Features:
- Tasty Food and Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014I had the shrimp and grits and found the spicy sauce delicious. The service was great and dinner was thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:
- NashvilleKmorelandDined on 11/1/2014What an awesome place. I did my research and came up with this place. There were 11 of us and they handled us superbly. Extensive wine & bourbon list. The menu is changing constantly. The service was top notch and I would recommend this place to anyone. We had a fantastic time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food! Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We always choose this place for our special occasion date night. We have never had a bad Meal. Everything we have ever tried has always been prepared perfectly! The must haves are the deviled eggs and cauliflower salad!Special Features:
- Great Food!dotesDined on 11/1/2014Visited here and had an amazing meal. Some things require a little trust when you venture off the traditional path of normal restaurant food, but it is totally worth it. Had shrimp and grits, pork chop, cornbread, cauliflower, bone marrow, and pumpkin-apple tart. All of it was fantastic and I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Attention to detaildinealotDined on 10/30/2014Our server made great suggestions and paid attention to our tastes.Special Features:
- Random finddibphdVIPDined on 10/30/2014I was traveling to Nashville for less than 24 hours; found this restaurant on Open Table. It was quiet, comfortable, and the server was very accommodating of my pregnant guest's food issues :). Very good cocktail (and mocktail) and some of the best grits I have every had! Would definitely recommend as it's not outrageously priced and the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- RestoluvrVIPDined on 10/29/2014We began the evening with a Manhattans and they were delicious. We split the fall salad with candied nuts and dried cranberries along with the little iron skillet with cornbread. Outstanding! Then I had the steak which was really good, moist perfectly seasoned. My daughter had the shrimp and grits which were good, but not great. Too much tomato and the shrimp seemed toughened by over cooking. Fortunately the steak was such a generous serving that we split quite a bit of it. Glasses of Oregon pinot Grigio (yum) and a sonoma Pinot noir, also good. I would like to back to this restaurant and try everything on the menu! Delightful staff, from the parkers to the hostess to the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and trendyGrape22VIPDined on 10/29/2014Great food, great service, and will be back soon! The menu was not large so easy to make a decision and everything I ordered was very yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go1dateDined on 10/29/2014Silo has been on my list of must try restaurants since they opened. We should have gone sooner! The service and food, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates but very goodbillreedredVIPDined on 10/28/2014Ate at the bar. Very good bar service ordered the group which was cooked very good just a small piece. Good local beer selectionSpecial Features:
- Upscale, Unique, FriendlyMarkDined on 10/26/2014Unique servings in this extremely well decorated setting made this a great stop in our brief time in Nashville. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great for brunch. It does look like a cozy night environment, but we were there in daylight. Loved the menu choices and there is something there from near traditional to eclectic for both food and drink. Recommended stop for those in your stop in Nashville out of the tourist mayhem but close to the action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant...great servicesteve84Dined on 10/25/2014Miranda is a great server. The hot chicken is great...watch out fitter the hot dill pickles...they were an unexpected spark....he Brussels sprouts uncommonly excellent..and the devil eggs superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceBruceDined on 10/25/2014We were one of the first reservations who showed up around 5, we let our server know we were on a time crunch and had a little over an hour to eat. 40 minutes pass by and we notice the now filled room with their dinner eating while we still had nothing. Our waitress was nowhere to be found so we got the attention of another server to check on our food. A minute later she comes back with our dinner. The top of the mac and cheese was cold. And the chicken tasted dry. Our waitress finally appears and asked how everything tasted. She apologized about the wait and blamed it on the steak. We ordered a medium rare steak which should have taken the most 15 minutes to cook. Not worth the money.
- Special nightSAMYDined on 10/24/2014Brussels sprouts were unbelievable. All the appetizers were fantastic. This is in my opinion the best food in town. Not the most expensive and elegant and not the lightest but the best tasting food in Nashville. Would be great bar to have drinks with friends. My highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Exceptional in every wayDatenightersVIPDined on 10/23/2014I took some family that were visting from Belgium out to Silo for a night of upscale southern inspired dining. Our server was fantastic, he knew the menu very well and made great recommendations both on the bar and dinner menu's. Appetizers, dinner, and deserts were all delicious! I think the favorite was the southern inspired Brussell Sprouts. I've been to Silo before and will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visit not memorableNibsDined on 10/23/2014After inviting 4 out-of-town guests to join us for dinner based on the ability to sit around a table and be heard (based on previous visits), we did not find it to be as conducive to conversation this visit. Each ordered a different dish and none of us were able to muster praise for any one dish EXCEPT the pot de creme. Nothing was actually "wrong" with each dish…..just not as complex and flavorful as dinner the prior night at Etch. The adjectives flowed around our table during the Etch meal. I found myself apologizing to our foodie friends for selecting Silo. I do not foresee a return visit.Special Features:
- Date nightrootkmDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I finally got a night away from our 9 month old, and we decided to give Silo a try. We were not disappointed. I had the grouper which was very flaky and delicious. My husband tried the pork chop which he called "the best pork chop he had ever had". We also got the jalapeno cornbread which had a yummy pecan butter with it. Service was also great. The only thing I didn't think was excellent was the soup - it was good, but nothing special. Overall we really enjoyed our night out.Special Features:
- silofoodieRamDined on 10/18/2014Both my date and I were first timers at silo. Love the location and the building, inside and out. There is street parking and valet parking. Our waiter, Benjamin was perfect. He explained the menu and made great suggestions. The food was cooked very well. Overall it was great and I plan on returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceAJG3Dined on 10/17/2014We took the server's recommendations for cocktails, an appetizer, and entree, and each was excellent. We cut out on our own to order some Brussels sprouts, which we also devoured. Stellar, non-obtrusive service and fantastically well-prepared food. Five stars.Special Features:
- Great Dinner in NashvilleDustinMDined on 10/17/2014We arrived on time and were sat promptly by the host. The food was fabulous and the wine pairing was spot on. The deviled eggs were to die for, especially the one with the crispy olive. The pork chop was cooked perfect and went great with the wine. We thoroughly enjoyed dinning at this fun Germantown hotspot. We look forward to dining again at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Completely UnexpectedVColeDined on 10/15/2014Before going to Silo for the first time I had heard mixed reviews from friends. But from the moment we walked in to the last bite I was completely pleased! The place is beautiful, food is amazing and the service is stellar! Definitely a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp. And. Grits.FoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014AMAZING! As were the bloody mary, the house-made sausage, the cinnamon roll AND the perfectly-cooked omelet. Bring on the brunch!!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We went w a large group and couldn't have been more impressed. The food came out quickly, the servers were great and the owner even hung out with us for a bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to reputationFoodlover330Dined on 10/11/2014This was my first time dining here, after several friends raved about it. Silo did not disappoint! We started with the deviled eggs and crispy brussel sprouts which were both amazing and different. I had the pork chop, which was no less than an inch thick and cooked perfectly-moist, tender, with even the fat have the perfect crisp to it and taste. My friend had the chicken confit and was also pleased with her choice. The sauce that the chicken and vegetables was in was flavorful and the perfect addition. SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT!! I had the apple-pumpkin tart, which was the perfect foray into fall and my friend ordered the pot de creme. Her dessert was fluffy heaven with cracker jack popcorn. From the cocktails to dessert, amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedTravelerDined on 10/10/2014Food was OK, but the portions were small and the menu was limitedSpecial Features:
- AmaIng food and service!BHJ70VIPDined on 10/7/2014Wow this place was such a treat! The Mac and cheese was to die for! Will definitely make a point to dine here again the next time I'm I'm Nashville! The service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.