1121 5th Ave N.
Nashville, TN 37208Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silotn.com/
- Phone: 6157502912x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Sunday Dinner: 5 pm - 9 pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 2:00 pm. Social Hour specials from 4 pm - 6 pm on Tuesday - Sunday. Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Larry Carlile
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Silo has a private dining room that seats up to 14 an a large table in the dining room that seats up to 16. We also offer private luncheons for small groups up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Paul at paul@SiloTN.com x
A word from Silo
SILO guests will enjoy a creative, chef-driven menu with a focus on the bounty of regional farmers and producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Silo reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (182)fit for foodies (180)special occasion (105)romantic (82)great for outdoor dining (74)hot spot (73)great for brunch (72)good for groups (67)notable wine list (53)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (24)great for lunch (15)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Enjoyed 1st time at SiloA2momDined on 9/14/2014Had a Sunday brunch/lunch reservation, and was seated in a small, windowless side dining room. Seeing many open tables in the bright, airy main seating area, I asked the hostess if we could move to one of the open tables. She said she would check (very pleasantly), and returned saying she would be happy to move us. The service was great- the timing was good and not rushed. Our drinks came out quickly, and the cinnamon roll we ordered to share (for 3 people) arrived warm and yummy. Definitely big enough for 2 to share, and fine for each of us to have a few very tasty bites. Our 3 entrees (Shrimp and Grits, Brioche French Toast, and the Silo Skillet) were all really good (not quite amazing). I would be happy to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunch spotOutForFunVIPDined on 9/14/2014Was glad to have a reservation on a busy Nashville weekend. Surprised the restaurant wasn't busier as we were there @11am but enjoyed having a calm atmosphere for a Sunday brunch so we could enjoy conversation. Started with the devil eggs which were delicious. Brioche French toast topped with apple bits that were perfectly tender. Croque madam also enjoyed by two if us. Service was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be back!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Loved this restaurant. Reservation was taken on time. A bit noisy but our table was off the main room which helped with the noise. Service and server were outstanding. Was knowledgeable about the entire menu and explained each item as 'savory' as can be. We had the deviled eggs, ribs and heirloom tomato salad for apps. Loved them all. Entrees were the pork chop and grouper. Also both delicious. Mac and cheese side is a must. Only disappointment was the corn bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more than could be expectedconnections2eatDined on 9/10/2014First time to visit but came with my wife who had been before with her birthday group. She raved about the food and service but it was even more than I expected it to be. Food was over the top, service was wonderful and all in all, SILO is a restaurant that I would recommend to anyone wanting a superb dining experience in Nashville.Special Features:
- Do not recommendLovegreatfoodDined on 9/6/2014Good appetizers and dessert. I did not care for the entree. After spending $300, we were asked to move to the bar to free up the table- after being there less than 2 hours.
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Love eating at Silo. The food never disappoints. Tried the spare ribs to start which were flavorful and tender My husband loved the kimchi accompanying it. We had the hot chicken and the red grouper. Both were delicious. Chicken was nicely spicy and so juicy and tender. The grouper was cooked well and the succotash over the creamed corn was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and delicious experienceCarolandKenEvansDined on 9/5/2014We had the most fun evening at Silo. Our waitress Megan was the absolute best. We felt we had known her forever. Both of our first courses the Bone Marrow and Chicken Liver Mousse were divine. Although the taste was great, the Shrimp and Grits were even too hot for this Louisiana girl. The deserts especially the Pot d' Creme was huge and excellent. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Love this placedeanshortlandDined on 9/4/2014As always, Silo never disappoints. The staff are fantastic, the food fantastic and the general experience of the restaurant is again... fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynCarolynVIPDined on 8/31/2014Being from NJ what a great find on our first trip to Nashville. I really value the reviews on Open Table and from the time we walked into the restaurant. Germantown is a great up and coming area. TONY from NJ what a great bartender and enjoyed chatting with him, even the people at the bar were soooooooo friendly. Brunch was absolutely fantastic, from the eggs, to the potatoes, to the biscuits and the best Blood Mary in Nashville. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceJPJRVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had an excellent cocktail, followed by a very good meal and even dessert, which was wonderful as well. Cool vibe in the place and the server could not have been nicer. Really interesting drinks and some unusual food pairings, but they worked. Plus, Germantown is awesome all by itself!Special Features:
- Texas1976VIPDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyable place to have dinner with an upbeat, happy vibe, probably because of the people working there. All the staff are happy and friendly; they pitch in to help the other with serving the diners, etc. This was a celebration of our 45th wedding anniversary, and every year we each have a champagne cocktail. The champagne cocktail here was probably the best so far, and we've tried at least 45 of them (!). Great heirloom tomato salads, entrees were hot chicken and shrimp & grits, had a couple of desserts (fresh peaches & blackberries on pound cake with peach sorbet, and pot de creme), all were very tasty with great presentation. The menu changes periodically, so we are looking forward to returning to see what else they come up with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice overall!gandsDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed all courses and plan to be back perhaps quarterly...Special Features:
- Not to be missed..ultimateeatersDined on 8/28/2014What a fabulous dining experience. The atmosphere is warm but sleek, staff friendly, funny and just the right degree of attentive, and then there is the food! I am vegetarian and my husband and sons are not. From drinks to appetizers to entrees (we were too full for dessert but will have to return) the food was fresh, flavorful and oh so good. Best meal we've had in a very very long time...certainly our favorite in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MackeyDined on 8/27/2014We were trying to eat healthy and the waiter was very helpful and adjusted several items to meet our desires. Great attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversaryFemFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. It was delightful. They have an interesting cocktail menu and a friendly bartender. I have been wanting to try a drink made with an aperitif and the Pimms tea was very refreshing. The food was superb. My husband loves the deviled eggs and the shrimp and grits. They will let you get a half order of the sides, which are large and family style, if there are only two people. The deserts are incredible. The pot d'creme comes with caramel bacon popcorn. I don't like cracker jack but I loved this, must be the bacon! They even gave us a glass of champagne with our desert since it was our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious - again!FoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014We recently returned to Silo with a friend visiting from NYC. She was amazed at the quality of the food/drinks, the warmth of the wait staff and the beauty of the space itself. We devoured the deviled eggs, pate, grouper, steak, burger, and shrimp & grits - each dish was a stand-out. The desserts - chocolate mousse, caramel pot de creme w/ bacon popcorn, and peach/blackberry poundcake were outstanding, as well. And the best part beyond the food is that you can actually hear the conversation at your table - even on a bustling evening. So many reasons to be Silo regulars & glad to be in good company!Special Features:
- Fantastic brunchBrunchconnoisseurDined on 8/24/2014The brunch menu isn't large, but from what I could tell it's all great. Get the house sausage and eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT Disappointed!SouthernGirlDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to Silo and it will not be the last. We were greeted with smiling faces and pleasant attitude from the hostess. The service was outstanding, attentive and friendly. We started with deviled eggs appetizer which was prepared 3 ways, yummy. I ordered the Shrimp n Grits which was great. This dish has a little spice to it but I enjoy spicy foods. My husband ordered the Hot Chicken. Now, that Hot Chicken was HOT but we are spicy food lovers so it was fine for us. We also ordered a Mac n Cheese side dish. More than enough food for 2 people and we ended up taking the leftovers home and there was enough to have as our side dish at home the next day. We did not have room for dessert but I will make room next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!LoveFoodDined on 8/23/2014Our plans changed and we arrived early for our reservation. We sat at the bar and enjoyed happy hour drinks but were seated early because the table was open. I started out with a gaspacho with crab salad which was delicious and had a combo of good for me vegetarian fare with a side of delectable mac and cheese. My husband went a different route with Bear Creek cheese burger and fries and a side of collard greens. The food was amazing. He was a little concerned because they did not have a traditional salad. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgable and very laid back. This was my second time at Silo but the first with my husband. I went with a group of girls friends a few months ago and both experiences were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner successclurbVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to silo before for brunch, and I actually enjoyed that menu a bit more. But, per usual, everything we tasted at dinner, be it food or drink, was fabulous. The hot chicken is hit or miss depending on personal taste, so be wary - it's not the real Nashville standard - but spicy people still love it. An early dinner is a great way to get there when the restaurant is a little quieter. It's a small space, so noise level really ramps up when it is full.Special Features:
- great food. great serviceLizardLadyDined on 8/17/2014the food was amazing as was the service. our server knew the menu inside and out. definitely a must eat.Special Features:
- Looking forward to brunch....americandinerDined on 8/17/2014After planning ahead for a Sunday brunch we hoped would be memorable, we got what we asked for but not in a good way. The server was less than attentive to our order, blaming the bartender for our lack of drinks after blood marys were delivered that could only be described as bland with no taste whatsoever. The food was tasty but not extraordinary. Definitely a disappointment. Should have dined across the street where folks looked satisfied as they left. Will not be back.
- TootleDined on 8/17/2014Food delicious. Took an insane amount of time to get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, southern cuisine!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The Mac n' cheese is to die for- could definitely split between 3-4 people if you're all getting meals though! The drink list is outstanding and everything is "farm-to-table" so the menu is constantly changing! Definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food I have ever eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We came in around 6:30 on a Friday night and found that our table was ready for us. The server was extremely attentive and very knowledgeable. She was not pushy to take our order and move on. She let us really enjoy our time and look over the menu. We will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in GermantownScoobinDined on 8/12/2014Great vibe, good crowd, in walking distance of the Bicenntennial Park. Good drink selection. The food was more fancy than your average place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastSideEatsDined on 8/10/2014This was the best meal that we've had in Nashville in a long time! The food was fresh and the dishes very unique! We loved the ambiance and were very impressed with the service! We can't wait to come back next month as we know that the menu will be different and we will have new delicious food to try!Special Features:
- Love SiloNickVIPDined on 8/10/2014Always a great choice! Best Mac n cheese in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You are paying for the atmosphereConorDined on 8/10/2014The atmosphere is the seller. Nothing to write home about. I was getting brunch when it opened at 10:30 and the host sat the 4 parties waiting right next to each other. This place seems to draw a unique crowd of rich hoshposh twenty something's that give me looks as if I'm undeserving to be there. The food was a level above Denny's. The pricing was ridiculous. In summation if you're looking to impress a bunch of your trust fund sucking, hoshposh hipsters who have never been to a walmart, take them here. Otherwise, go across the street to Germantown Cafe which is marginally better on all levels. Or, go to Husk for a real nice Sunday brunch.
- Amazing!JennyDined on 8/9/2014We absolutely loved our first dining experience at Silo. It was a last minute date night and we enjoyed every aspect. Our server was amazing and food was prepared perfectly. We will definitely be back and highly recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.GrubLuvDined on 8/9/2014Without any major changes, Silo could have a great thing going. In each of our dishes, which were good, there was something left to be desired. For instance, my pork chop, while moist and cooked perfectly, was under seasoned. Being what I assume is a pork chop from us foods or sysco, the seasoning was needed big time. Another example: my dessert was the honey pound cake, which was delicious, but was garnished with a sprinkle of micro greens. I tried to eat them with my cream and cake with berries and peaches, but alas, I found the texture off-putting. The silky cream and moist cake deserve better than to be sprinkled with a garnish that doesn't do anything for the dish. Overall, the meal was good. Good, but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st experienceTheHoneysDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I shares the deviled eggs 3 ways, the Nashville hot chicken, and the cookies and creme ice cream. It was all delicious even down to the house made pickles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took visitors and loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014We have dined at Silo many times and took visitors from Seattle who are moving here. We all loved it--as always great food, service and ambience. They had never been to Germantown and loved the feel and vibe of Silo in that neighborhood. Great way to welcome them to the city!Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent. Met the owner very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDNfromMADined on 8/7/2014Delicious from start to finish, particularly the appetizers, desserts, and the Shrimp and Grits entree. Pleasing decor, excellent service. The immediate neighborhood is nice and there was on street parking within the same block, although this part of town is a bit sketchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!DiningWithLittleDarlingsDined on 8/3/2014My husband ordered the hot chicken. He LOVES spicy food, but dang, that chicken was HOT. We also ordered the deviled eggs and mac and cheese. Everything was delicious. We will return next time we are in Nashville.Special Features:
- Great service and great fooddurhamsailorjDined on 7/29/2014Followed the suggestion of a colleague. In town for the day and need a restaurant recommendation. Was more than expected.Special Features:
- A Must Try!LuvTravelDined on 7/27/2014We made this reservation based totally on the rating found and loved it! It was fresh, tasty and presented so well! We will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- Shrimp & Grits!FoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014We were so excited to learn that the absolutely delicious shrimp & grits are back on the brunch menu - HEAVEN. The orange/carrot gluten-free muffins were delicious, too - as were the deviled eggs. Outstanding menu and service, as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014fairly limited menu options for brunch but all 5 of us enjoyed our selectionsSpecial Features: