1121 5th Ave N.
Nashville, TN 37208Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silotn.com/
- Phone: 6157502912x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Sunday Dinner: 5 pm - 9 pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 2:00 pm. Social Hour specials from 4 pm - 6 pm on Tuesday - Sunday. Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Larry Carlile
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Silo has a private dining room that seats up to 14 an a large table in the dining room that seats up to 16. We also offer private luncheons for small groups up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Paul at paul@SiloTN.com x
A word from Silo
SILO guests will enjoy a creative, chef-driven menu with a focus on the bounty of regional farmers and producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Silo reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (187)neighborhood gem (176)special occasion (99)hot spot (84)romantic (80)great for brunch (68)good for groups (68)great for outdoor dining (67)notable wine list (47)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (20)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- siloOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Both my date and I were first timers at silo. Love the location and the building, inside and out. There is street parking and valet parking. Our waiter, Benjamin was perfect. He explained the menu and made great suggestions. The food was cooked very well. Overall it was great and I plan on returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We took the server's recommendations for cocktails, an appetizer, and entree, and each was excellent. We cut out on our own to order some Brussels sprouts, which we also devoured. Stellar, non-obtrusive service and fantastically well-prepared food. Five stars.Special Features:
- Completely UnexpectedVColeDined on 10/15/2014Before going to Silo for the first time I had heard mixed reviews from friends. But from the moment we walked in to the last bite I was completely pleased! The place is beautiful, food is amazing and the service is stellar! Definitely a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp. And. Grits.FoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014AMAZING! As were the bloody mary, the house-made sausage, the cinnamon roll AND the perfectly-cooked omelet. Bring on the brunch!!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We went w a large group and couldn't have been more impressed. The food came out quickly, the servers were great and the owner even hung out with us for a bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to reputationFoodlover330Dined on 10/11/2014This was my first time dining here, after several friends raved about it. Silo did not disappoint! We started with the deviled eggs and crispy brussel sprouts which were both amazing and different. I had the pork chop, which was no less than an inch thick and cooked perfectly-moist, tender, with even the fat have the perfect crisp to it and taste. My friend had the chicken confit and was also pleased with her choice. The sauce that the chicken and vegetables was in was flavorful and the perfect addition. SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT!! I had the apple-pumpkin tart, which was the perfect foray into fall and my friend ordered the pot de creme. Her dessert was fluffy heaven with cracker jack popcorn. From the cocktails to dessert, amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedTravelerDined on 10/10/2014Food was OK, but the portions were small and the menu was limitedSpecial Features:
- AmaIng food and service!BHJ70VIPDined on 10/7/2014Wow this place was such a treat! The Mac and cheese was to die for! Will definitely make a point to dine here again the next time I'm I'm Nashville! The service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night, DinnermartyDined on 10/5/2014Once again, we have another amazing night at Silo. We couldn't find a babysitter for the evening, but the hostess was very accommodating. Our server was fantastic with amazing insight and knowledge of the menu and specials. We had the ribeye and the chicken confit with mac and cheese on the side. Everything was great. For dessert, we enjoyed the cheesecake. We are definitely coming back for another date night.Special Features:
- Great food & away from touristsFoodieFavoriteDined on 10/5/2014Great service, server beautifully described favorite items of the seasonal menu made from locally grown items. Did not disappoint & highly recommend the brussel sprouts as a starter. Great location if you're looking for a place away from the Broadway strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Was Awesome!JFC70Dined on 10/5/2014We went with friends for brunch and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Our server had a great personality and was knowledgable about the menu. Our husbands were concerned that the portions would be small, but we all left very satisfied and full. Great find during our weekend in Nashville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingFoodieDined on 10/2/2014Based on all the reviews I thought the food would be amazing! Newer have I been so dissapointed in food as I was here. We ordered the Brussels sprouts as an appetizer they weren't bad. My friend ordered the pork and I ordered the chicken confit along with Mac and cheese and the skillet cornbread. My friend said here pork had no flavor my chicken was bland, the Mac and cheese was bland as well no flavor and the skillet tasted very oily. The best part of our whole meal was dessert which was the pot de creme.Special Features:
- We are never disappointedfoodandwineDined on 9/28/2014The interesting menu and service keeps us coming back. A place that we dine when we have guests from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allyaar2dineDined on 9/26/2014We were looking for a restaurant that we have not been to before. We were celebrating my father's birthday before a night at the Symphony and wanted something special. We found it. From the beginning to the end our service staff was knowledgeable, fast and curteous. The staff effectively works as a team providing for your every need and the food is a culinary delight. I was a Bartender for a restaurant of this same caliber for 4+ years (in the service industry for 10+)and my wife was a Manager and Event coordinator for high end restaurant as well. We have enjoyed most of Nashville's finest restaurants over the past decade and agree that Silo is in contention for the top of the list. My parents we're also very impressed with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Went here for dinner and was very impressed. The food was very good and the wine and liquor selections were both top notch.Special Features:
- Great for a groupVesperianDined on 9/25/2014Visited with a group of six - fantastic food, service and environment. Also, it should noted that the bourbon selection is phenomenal!Special Features:
- Southern TwistAfficianadoDined on 9/23/2014I love restaurants with a knowledgeable staff, if they know what they are doing I will follow all of their recommendations. our group had a great server who led us through drink recommendations all the way to dessert and we had a fantastic time. Some of the more notable items were the deviled eggs (outstanding) and the chicken confit. Desserts were absolutely some of the best I have had in a long time. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Returning soon!ElJefeVIPDined on 9/23/2014We met some business associates for dinner in from ATL who had heard of Silo but not yet been. Cocktails & dinner were spot on. Staff is very knowledgable about the menu and friendly & we'll be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the entire night at SilosaratDined on 9/20/2014This was my first time dining at Silo. My mom and I went to dinner there to celebrate my birthday. We both ordered the bacon cheeseburger and we split the salad that is on the appetizer menu. I had a glass of red wine that was very good. The dessert was DELICIOUS- we ordered the pumpkin apple tarte. The service was great and the burger was the best burger I've had in a very long time. I really can't say enough about this place, I was very impressed. Also, our server, Emily, was very helpful, pleasant and cheerful. I will ask for her when we come back for sure! Thanks, Silo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Updated country cookingLarryCrabtreeVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is farm to table dining with southern country influence. We had been to brunch here before and wanted to try dinner. No disappointment at Silo. We started off a t the bar with a wonderful drink named after the street the restaurant was located on. Then we were seated and ordered a shared salad the taste of fresh was undeniably. I then ordered the tomato crab cold soup and my husband had the confetti chicken plate. Both items were extraordinary. For sides my husband had mac and cheese and I had cornbread. Portions of the sides were so generous we boxed our leftovers up and enjoyed them with some chili for lunch the nest day. Silo was not disappointing and a real treat from star to finish. Love to go back.Special Features:
- HopeVIPDined on 9/19/2014Delicious craft cocktails, bacon jam, shrimp and grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot, Great Food, But...AstroVIPDined on 9/17/2014Farm to table, creative, fun, foodie heaven in Nashville, just a mile from downtown. The only "but" is that the food was **way** over-salted, especially the collard greens, and the veggie plate. (And I like salt.)
- Enjoyed 1st time at SiloA2momDined on 9/14/2014Had a Sunday brunch/lunch reservation, and was seated in a small, windowless side dining room. Seeing many open tables in the bright, airy main seating area, I asked the hostess if we could move to one of the open tables. She said she would check (very pleasantly), and returned saying she would be happy to move us. The service was great- the timing was good and not rushed. Our drinks came out quickly, and the cinnamon roll we ordered to share (for 3 people) arrived warm and yummy. Definitely big enough for 2 to share, and fine for each of us to have a few very tasty bites. Our 3 entrees (Shrimp and Grits, Brioche French Toast, and the Silo Skillet) were all really good (not quite amazing). I would be happy to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunch spotOutForFunVIPDined on 9/14/2014Was glad to have a reservation on a busy Nashville weekend. Surprised the restaurant wasn't busier as we were there @11am but enjoyed having a calm atmosphere for a Sunday brunch so we could enjoy conversation. Started with the devil eggs which were delicious. Brioche French toast topped with apple bits that were perfectly tender. Croque madam also enjoyed by two if us. Service was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be back!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Loved this restaurant. Reservation was taken on time. A bit noisy but our table was off the main room which helped with the noise. Service and server were outstanding. Was knowledgeable about the entire menu and explained each item as 'savory' as can be. We had the deviled eggs, ribs and heirloom tomato salad for apps. Loved them all. Entrees were the pork chop and grouper. Also both delicious. Mac and cheese side is a must. Only disappointment was the corn bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appalling Customer HandlingErreipVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had been to Silo before and really enjoyed it.We arrived on time, but were asked to wait at the bar.While we sat at the bar, other people were escorted to a table suitable for us, while we watched on.Eventually we were seated in a brightly lit private room with half of our party facing a wall.When we asked to be moved, we were told in a curt manner, that it was not possible and that a group booking took precedence over ours.We promptly left and our family celebration was sadly spent at home.Silo is becoming one of those Nashville restaurants that thinks they can treat customers any way they want because business is so good, but there will be a time when they might benefit from handling their customers correctly.We won't be back.
- more than could be expectedconnections2eatDined on 9/10/2014First time to visit but came with my wife who had been before with her birthday group. She raved about the food and service but it was even more than I expected it to be. Food was over the top, service was wonderful and all in all, SILO is a restaurant that I would recommend to anyone wanting a superb dining experience in Nashville.Special Features:
- Do not recommendLovegreatfoodDined on 9/6/2014Good appetizers and dessert. I did not care for the entree. After spending $300, we were asked to move to the bar to free up the table- after being there less than 2 hours.
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Love eating at Silo. The food never disappoints. Tried the spare ribs to start which were flavorful and tender My husband loved the kimchi accompanying it. We had the hot chicken and the red grouper. Both were delicious. Chicken was nicely spicy and so juicy and tender. The grouper was cooked well and the succotash over the creamed corn was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and delicious experienceCarolandKenEvansDined on 9/5/2014We had the most fun evening at Silo. Our waitress Megan was the absolute best. We felt we had known her forever. Both of our first courses the Bone Marrow and Chicken Liver Mousse were divine. Although the taste was great, the Shrimp and Grits were even too hot for this Louisiana girl. The deserts especially the Pot d' Creme was huge and excellent. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Love this placedeanshortlandDined on 9/4/2014As always, Silo never disappoints. The staff are fantastic, the food fantastic and the general experience of the restaurant is again... fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynCarolynVIPDined on 8/31/2014Being from NJ what a great find on our first trip to Nashville. I really value the reviews on Open Table and from the time we walked into the restaurant. Germantown is a great up and coming area. TONY from NJ what a great bartender and enjoyed chatting with him, even the people at the bar were soooooooo friendly. Brunch was absolutely fantastic, from the eggs, to the potatoes, to the biscuits and the best Blood Mary in Nashville. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceJPJRVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had an excellent cocktail, followed by a very good meal and even dessert, which was wonderful as well. Cool vibe in the place and the server could not have been nicer. Really interesting drinks and some unusual food pairings, but they worked. Plus, Germantown is awesome all by itself!Special Features:
- Texas1976VIPDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyable place to have dinner with an upbeat, happy vibe, probably because of the people working there. All the staff are happy and friendly; they pitch in to help the other with serving the diners, etc. This was a celebration of our 45th wedding anniversary, and every year we each have a champagne cocktail. The champagne cocktail here was probably the best so far, and we've tried at least 45 of them (!). Great heirloom tomato salads, entrees were hot chicken and shrimp & grits, had a couple of desserts (fresh peaches & blackberries on pound cake with peach sorbet, and pot de creme), all were very tasty with great presentation. The menu changes periodically, so we are looking forward to returning to see what else they come up with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice overall!gandsDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed all courses and plan to be back perhaps quarterly...Special Features:
- Not to be missed..ultimateeatersDined on 8/28/2014What a fabulous dining experience. The atmosphere is warm but sleek, staff friendly, funny and just the right degree of attentive, and then there is the food! I am vegetarian and my husband and sons are not. From drinks to appetizers to entrees (we were too full for dessert but will have to return) the food was fresh, flavorful and oh so good. Best meal we've had in a very very long time...certainly our favorite in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MackeyDined on 8/27/2014We were trying to eat healthy and the waiter was very helpful and adjusted several items to meet our desires. Great attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversaryFemFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. It was delightful. They have an interesting cocktail menu and a friendly bartender. I have been wanting to try a drink made with an aperitif and the Pimms tea was very refreshing. The food was superb. My husband loves the deviled eggs and the shrimp and grits. They will let you get a half order of the sides, which are large and family style, if there are only two people. The deserts are incredible. The pot d'creme comes with caramel bacon popcorn. I don't like cracker jack but I loved this, must be the bacon! They even gave us a glass of champagne with our desert since it was our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious - again!FoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014We recently returned to Silo with a friend visiting from NYC. She was amazed at the quality of the food/drinks, the warmth of the wait staff and the beauty of the space itself. We devoured the deviled eggs, pate, grouper, steak, burger, and shrimp & grits - each dish was a stand-out. The desserts - chocolate mousse, caramel pot de creme w/ bacon popcorn, and peach/blackberry poundcake were outstanding, as well. And the best part beyond the food is that you can actually hear the conversation at your table - even on a bustling evening. So many reasons to be Silo regulars & glad to be in good company!Special Features:
- Fantastic brunchBrunchconnoisseurDined on 8/24/2014The brunch menu isn't large, but from what I could tell it's all great. Get the house sausage and eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.