Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604
434 N.Loop 1604 West
San Antonio, TX 78232Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siloelevatedcuisine.com/
- Phone: 2104838989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: DAILY - 11:00 AM, Dinner: DAILY - 5:30 PM, Bar: DAILY - 4:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Boatman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Silo offers Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday Evenings, featuring 80's Cover Bands beginning at 9:30 p.m. Please call for featured entertainers.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR - DAILY 4-9; $2.50 Select Beers; $4 Well Drinks; & $5 Martinis, Wine by the Glass, & Appetizers.
A word from Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604
Since 2010, Listed as one of OpenTable's Top American US Restaurants & rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks. Silo Elevated Cuisine is sure to bring delight to all your senses. Enjoy creative, world-class cuisine served with meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant dining environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604 - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604 reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)fit for foodies (127)romantic (116)notable wine list (80)neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (72)great for lunch (62)great for brunch (43)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (35)late-night find (13)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Birthday celebrationZoeyVIPDined on 9/28/2014The service was very good, food was ok. In the reservation I said it was a birthday celebration, there was nothing special done. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Silo never disappoints. Outstanding service, atmosphere and food. I've been searching for a great crab-cake in Texas for forty years and thought I would never find one. I'm pleased to report Silo offers one on their menu. It was outstanding! Don't miss the bourbon pecan bread pudding. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchTexasSourdoughVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was my first lunch at Silo and it was very good to outstanding. My wife had the Shrimp Salad and I had the Ceasar Salad with Chicken Fried Oysters. Both were excellent. A nice special occasion lunch!Special Features:
- Just as I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014It was a special occasion. A last hurrah for our group of friends, and it wa most memorable. Food divine, wine great, service impeccable...all around treat.Special Features:
- Love this place!ClassyladyDined on 9/23/2014I have been to Silo for 3 different occasions, and every time has been fantastic. For this visit, we made the latest reservation they offer and we were still treated wonderfully. I recommend this place all the time to friends and family that are visiting in the stone oak area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The food was very delectable as usual. Service was excellent as usual. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealBetseywDined on 9/22/2014Made a quick reservation for a very early dinner on the spur of the moment. Hostess was attentive. Our server, Shelly, was fantastic. The food, as usual was unsurpassed. My favorite, chicken fried oysters, was on the fixe prix menu. We had a bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay that went very well with both the ceasar salads and oysters and shrimp and grits. Highly recommend the pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, uneven serviceJamesGuyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our food was really excellent, or service was somewhat uneven...we were just a couple, seated next to the kitchen, a bit loud but we understand that...waited about 1 hour for our entree...our waiter stopped by and said there was a problem with the kitchen...the problem was a lot of loud, unnecessary talk and horse-play during a Monday night diner-hour. When my wife complained we were offered an excellent desert, on the house...a bit disappointing on the serviceSpecial Features:
- Great for Brunch2BeratedDined on 9/21/2014First time visit and we were impressed. The service was exceptional, the food was prepared with care and tasted great. The overall experience was outstanding. Definitely a place for Brunch. We will be trying dinner on our next visit.Special Features:
- Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014One of the best restaurants in San Antonio - consistently good food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Highly reccomendedWineNdineDined on 9/19/2014Silo elevated is fine dining atmosphere. Great service. Well put together design. I rec everybody to give it a try. I did not review wine list but seemed to have generous selection. The entrees were well put together and tasted as good as they looked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Coco for the Coconut Cream Pie!HomeronDined on 9/18/2014Had a wonderful dining experience at Silo on a Thursday night and it wasn't crowded at all. Great service by Luke who attended on us like a true pro! He made great suggestions and answered all our questions while keeping the delicious warm bread coming. The dinner was good, but the dessert was the best of all! You have to try the coconut cream pie that has glazed chocolate on the crust! It's to live for!Special Features:
- Evening to rememberDoinitzaDined on 9/18/2014We went for our anniversary dinner and enjoyed the whole experience. The food is unmatched - imaginative and delectable, the service superior - attentive but never intrusive, the atmosphere elegant, but not stuffy. I wish there were more stars to offer. The shrimp and grits were out of the world, and my husband commented that he never had better salmon. Thank you Silo for a wonderful dinner celebration. We are looking forward to the next visit, and will not wait as long as the next anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerAnnivDined on 9/18/2014Lamb loin was fabulous! Red snapper was okay. Service was fantastic. We always enjoy silo.Special Features:
- great overall expierencepurveryortotopchefsofSADined on 9/18/2014great lunch- food and service was excellent. we had the stirfry special and the lemon chicken all prepared perfectly and tasted greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silo Is Our Favorite RestaurantLove3dineVIPDined on 9/17/2014Silo has the most consistent food with daily off menu specials that are amazing, a true testament to the culinary team. The entire staff is friendly,genuine and professional. What a great restaurant !! Can't wait to try the new Silo location at the Dominion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerCholmes13Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came here for our one year wedding anniversary. He had the lamb special and I had the shrimp and grits - both were fantastic. Our waitress was very nice and treated us to their signature dessert - the coconut cream pie - complete with candles. Everything was wonderful and we look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time thereRyanDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent. Started off with the tuna tartare which was the best I've ever had-had some avocado and I believe some mango. flavors paired great with each other. Then went for one of the specials, yellow snapper, which was also excellent. Fish had a great flavor and was well prepared. Came with some rice/succotash with lobster in it, that again paired well with the other flavors on the dish. Wife got the tomato soup and then had the crab cakes and both were great. Friends had the beef tenderloin which they liked as well. For dessert, went with the soufflé - nothing over the top but what I expected. Overall 5/5 on the food...definitely will go back. Service=great as well. Ambiance was niceSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceValsDined on 9/13/2014We had a reservation for 4 at 6:45 on a Saturday night. We were greeted outside & our reservation confirmed. We went up the elevator & were greeted again & promptly escorted to our seats. Our drink orders were taken as soon as we sat down. Our waiter did an excellent job of informing us of the specials & then gave us plenty of time to make our decisions. Out table had the fried oysters, spinach salad, salmon and both of the steaks on the menu. For desert we had the coconut pie. The salads were very fresh and tasted wonderful. The oysters & pie were delicious. The steaks were the most tender steak I have ever eaten. The potatoes that came with the steak were a delicious blend of cheese and cream, like Au gratin style. Excellent dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Great Service and FoodLove3dineVIPDined on 9/11/2014Silo has never let me down. The food, wine list, and service are always excellent. We tried their crab cake as a starter and it is infinitely better than the ones you find at restaurants that specialize in seafood. The lamb and redfish entrees were delicious! Jacob was friendly and efficient without ever being intrusive. Also, both hostesses were very accomodating, especially since we were running a little late. Silo continues to raise the bar. Keep up the good work SIlo !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!CalampusDined on 9/8/2014Fabulous meal - best place in town! We are thrilled about the new location on Interstate 10.Special Features:
- LouslyDined on 9/7/2014Food is always delicious and the staff is friendly and we always receive great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!VelosterpilotDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I were looking to try something different for our 12th wedding anniversary. We decided to try a nice Sunday brunch at Silo. From the moment we emerged from the elevator we knew we had chosen the right place. The hostess was friendly, and seated us at a table overlooking the main entrance. I can only imagine how beautiful it is after dark. My wife ordered the shrimp and grits. I chose the oysters. Both entrees were delicious and served with a beautiful presentation. For dessert, my wife chose the toasted coconut pie. I had the chocolate mousse. Both desserts made you want to lick the dish! Just like the food, the service was top notch! Our server, Eric, was attentive without being intrusive. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014Silo is always a relaxed experience with highly attentive and knowledgeable staff. My partner and I ordered the seafood and NY strip specials, respectively. The fish was a new type for her and was one of the best she says she has ever tried. My steak was perfectly prepared and the mixed seafood au gratin eas a nice tangy side. We never wanted for anything during our meal and our server was a delight. We plan to return often.Special Features:
- Great restaurant good food.MilkmanDined on 9/5/2014This is a great restaurant. One of the best in SA. The menu has just been changed and not for the better. Can't believe there is no shrimp on the starter menu.Special Features:
- Slow serviceKsum66Dined on 9/4/2014I have been to silos 1604 on several occasions and usually I would give it 4 stats across the board however on this particular night, the service was slow-took 2 1/2 hours for wine, entree and desert . Our server was friendly but gave us wrong information several times throughout the evening. The pork shank was extremely dry but didn't want to send it back because I figured it would take too long to get another. Unfortunately we were celebrating a birthday and it left a sour taste for the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJohn1Dined on 9/3/2014As usual the service was excellent. We were not impressed with chicken and fish. Be ready to spend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Always an excellent dining experience. Great food, good service, and pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysCaboDaveDined on 8/30/2014Every time we come to Silo it is always a great experience. friendly staff, great food, waiters and bus boys on top of the situation. Reasonable pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Until The Drums StartedPleasedPatronDined on 8/29/2014There was a bit of a wait when we first got to restaraunt while they got our table ready. They were about 15 min past our reservation before we were seated, but that wasn't too bad since we could grab drinks at the bar below while we waited. What was bad -- terrible infact -- was the band starting up in the bar below while the place was still packed. It completely ruined the atmosphere. I told my date it felt like I was about to fall through the floor at times. It was incredibly loud and all the more unacceptable given the two locations appear to be under the same management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatingBigblkbldmnDined on 8/28/2014It's a very good restaurant with great service. If I had to pick on them it's because there are some foods the they cannot taylor because they are made in the morning. Although fresh they can't or won't make some things specific to the customer. Example Shrimp and Grits. I'm lactose and cannot have dairy. Well as a cook I know how to make it without cheese, milk or butter and there great. I know it's a lot to ask but maybe they can do a lactose menu with the same things. Yea. Overall it's a great restaurant.Special Features:
- serviceIrish4VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great wait staff (especially David) and hostesses who assisted my disabled wife. We love the place and eat there often JimSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 65th birthday celebration!JamesDined on 8/23/2014This is a wonderful, delectable find. One of the best restaurants we have ever been to. The food was spectacular from presentation through taste. Our server Mazi was very special. She was not intrusive, she knew exactly when to come to the table, had a great personality and was probably one of the best servers we have ever had. We were very happy to be there and we will return.Special Features:
- Another Home RunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This is my fourth visit to Silo. Hit it out of the park again. I expected it to be a busy Friday night but we got in ahead of reservations, and quickly had our salads. Menu choices were excellent. My guest commented on the chicken fried oysters. I selected the shrimp and grits. My wife had the salmon. The specials of the night were tempting too. Overall experience was A1.Special Features:
- No surprises, consistantly goodjohnteeDined on 8/22/2014We have been going to Silo's since the 1604 location opened but have reserved it for special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). After our visit on Friday evening (no special occasion, just tired and a little stressed) we agreed that the food, service, ambiance and reasonable prices warranted more frequent visits. We live in a fast changing, high pressure society and we read, hear and see on TV of a world fraught with financial problems and physical danger. There is some stress and even a little fear these days about what the future will bring. An hour or two enjoying good food and service and being confident that it is likely to be the same next time we need a break or are tired and stressed helps smooth out a few bumps.Special Features:
- constistently goodLambyDined on 8/22/2014Excellant food, ambiance delightful. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Consistenly good food - have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food kBrettDined on 8/19/2014The food here is always amazing and the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date PlaceSCSteveDined on 8/19/2014I reserved an evening for a second date at Silo Elevated Cuisine. I have to say the food was fantastic and the service was the perfect balance of friendly and professional. I'm from wine country in California and was glad to see so many choices of fantastic wines that may not have label recognition. Our bottle of the prisoner was a perfect match for our dinners. My date however didn't work out so well but I will be back even by myself for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeRobLDined on 8/19/2014Silo has been my favorite place for years now! The service is always attentive and not intrusive. The kitchen and chef are always at their best! Scallops to die for, the lamb is lean and tender and the Shrimp and Grits is an explosion of flavor. Here's to many more years Silo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.