Silo .5% Wine Bar
1200 Steuart Steet
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Silo .5% Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silo.5winebar.com/
- Phone: 4434384044x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Open Mondays 5:00on - 10:00pm beginning 2/18
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Klein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Silo .5% Wine Bar
Silo.5% is the new wine bar for the oenophiles of Baltimore and is the second location of the .5% brand which began in 2009 in Hampden with 13.5% Wine Bar. We have designed a modern cozy lounge that complements our 30 plus wines by the glass, 200-bottle wall of wine, seasonal cocktails and craft beers. Savor our locally sourced cuisine of small plates, gourmet pizzas, and seasonal entrees; while enjoying the panoramic harbor vista from our main floor, mezzanine or bluestone patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Silo .5% Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Locust Point ›
Silo .5% Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (12)notable wine list (11)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great view!jberVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a great time there! The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly! The restaurant has a great view of the harbor.Special Features:
- Pretty sure the waitress was stonedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Wine was moderate at best. Food was sub par and over priced.
- in transition - not quite there yetEmmagirlDined on 9/19/2014Silo is in a great location in Locust Point and has a lovely atmosphere. The kitchen is in transition with a few Chef and crew and they don't seem to have quite gelled just yet. Hopefully they will soon since it has so much potential to be awesome.Special Features:
- Bad nightPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have eaten here many times and the food never disappoints. This night I had an terrific catfish sandwich and my wife had a great salad with shrimp. Service was prompt and courteous. The only problem this night was that the place was inhabited by a huge crowd who have apparently never eaten in a non fast-food restaurant before. As a result, there was a lot of hooting and hollering which made it difficult to converse and enjoy our excellent meal. I hope this was a one time occurrence and the usual pleasant atmosphere will return. Otherwise, we may have to cross off this enjoyable restaurant from our regular list.Special Features:
- OverpricedmikeycVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food is ok but definitely overpriced for the portion sizes. It's not necessarily a bad place to go, I would probably not return.
- AMKJDined on 8/30/2014I found this place thanks to Groupon. Overall, my friend and I had a nice, chill time. I loved that we were able to dine on sofas outside - very comfortable and unpretentious. The house wine was very tasty, and the crab-stuffed mushrooms were good. Our waiter was a little awkward and not the friendliest, but we enjoyed ourselves otherwise.Special Features:
- KelleyDined on 8/23/2014The pork belly tacos were very good! The BBQ chicken pizza was OK, but did not seem restaurant quality. We used our Groupon and felt that we got a pretty good deal.Special Features:
- pleasant surprisefoodexplorerDined on 8/21/2014What an awesome find! The food was tasty and delicious. The atmosphere was fun and relaxing. Drinks were on point. And the service was friendly and quick. Couldn't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesFoodie86Dined on 8/16/2014I went here to celebrate my two year anniversary with my gf. I have always loved the laid back yet chic vibe. The layout is beautiful and you can dine outside if you wish. The staff is always amazing and the food/drinks speak for themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden but fantasticYourFirstTarynDined on 8/7/2014Silo.5% is a great place to sit back and relax while enjoying a vast selection of wines and some tasty food that is great for sharing. Our waitress was extremely friendly, funny and accommodating considering we came in late night to eat a full dinner. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...bmorefoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Surprisingly empty on a Saturday night. We were only one of two tables and a couple of people sat at the bar. We chose to sit outside since it was a nice night. The waiter was very attentive and nice. Our meals were good - nothing spectacular but still a decent meal and no particular complaints. If we lived closer (i.e. in Silo Point or nearby Locust Point) I'd have no problem going back but will probably stick to places less out of the way/closer to other bars places to walk to for a date night dinner.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Silo .5% Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Great food, wine, service, ambianceFoodie21230Dined on 5/20/2014Silo.5 was the total package for us, when we needed a last-minute reservation for a party of six, when out-of-town guests arrived without much notice. They were very accommodating. Our server was very knowledgable of the menu options and wine pairings. He recommended the perfect wine to accompany the beef tenderloin, which was exquisite. Surprisingly the jerk chicken entree looked like the star of the show. Yes, I know...chicken! The cheese selection was out of this world, and the bread pudding for dessert (with homemade ice cream) is a must. The dining room, inside and the seating on the outdoor seating on the veranda, offer a beautiful and romantic ambiance. All in all, they got EVERYTHING right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have eaten here several times and the food offerings are always interesting and well prepared. This visit we started with a huge bowl of delicious pretzel bites. Followed by Greek terrific lemon soup for me and salad for my wife. Finishing with catfish sandwich and lobster macncheese. In retrospect, we ordered too much food since all of the portions were so large. Everything was great and service was prompt and polite.Special Features:
- All-in-all a good place to eatFranVIPDined on 4/24/2014Love the room on the ground floor of Silo Point, an industrial structure incorporated into a modern retail/residential building. The service was spot-on and the food tasty.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Hidden away in Silo point, great neighborhood restaurant. Friendly staff, server, and bartender. Amazing selection. We could have split a bunch of starters and been very happy. Loved the pretzel bites with dip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Have been here a few times for happy hour, this time tried the full menu and was very disappointed with the food. Trying too hard to be different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as alwaysChewbaccaDined on 3/28/2014This was my fourth time at Silo.5% Wine bar. This time was just as great as the other three times. The food is always outstanding, thedrinks are always great and the service is wonderful. I would recommend this place to all of my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the food or serviceDAJSDined on 2/26/2014Our server came to our table once I the three hors we were seated to take our initial drink orders and never returned. We kept having to chase her down even though she was happy to stop at the other tables and take orders. The food is really poor. We ordered crab stuffed mushrooms and it was literally three teeny tiny bland mushrooms (unseasoned) on a plate with one spinach leaf. Way too pretentious for my tastes. We also ordered this brussel sprout dish and the chef forgot to put half if the described ingredients on the dish like cheese and bacon. So it was just brussel sprouts, not even salt or pepper. With all of that said the ambience is fantastic and the wine list is great. It's very relaxing. I will go back but just eat dinner first.Special Features:
- VERY DISAPPOINTING!!nikkiDined on 2/22/2014Silo .5% had mixed reviews prior to our visit, but they seemed to be mostly from recent disgruntled Valentine's Day couples, so we figured it was safe to go by the other reviews which seemed pretty ok. The food reminded me of when I visit my grandmother in her 55+ community restaurant where NOTHING has taste to it. I don't even like salt, but I could have used some...there weren't even salt and pepper shakers on the table so it couldn't be remedied that way. My husband's chicken marsala came with hardly any chicken, then his shortcake dessert came without the shortcake. Our server seemed to care less, as she simply boxed his food and sat it back on the table...even after he told her that he didn't care for it. Definitely will NOT return.
- Baltimore restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Restaurant was beautiful and clean. Wine was good. Appetizers for restaurant week were good. The restaurant was sold out of beef. I had the seafood dish which was bland and an extremely small portion. My husband had the chicken Marsala which was a nice sized portion but tasteless.
- Great place to have a greatelbbubniaeviliDined on 2/22/2014Great place to have a great tasting meal with friends, family, or on a date when hanging around in Locust Point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off NightPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 2/21/2014We have dined here on several occasions and the food is always interesting and well-prepared. On this night they were obviously understaffed with servers trying to bar tend , bus and wait tables. As a result, orders were incorrect and delivered out of sequence. My first course came and I had to finish it before my wife's came because they brought her the wrong item. Then my wife's second course came and she had to finish it before mine came. The staff were apologetic and comped our drinks. If we had not been there before we would have written off this place, but we think it was just a bad night and we will give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Restaurant WeekJMH1Dined on 2/21/2014We only came for restaurant week but I thought they did a great job! There was only one waitress so we know she was really busy with all of her tables. Food was great- definitely recommend the garlic soy edemame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerKsmittyDined on 2/19/2014My friends and I decided on this place for restaurant week. The restaurant is very pleasing to the eye and the service was timely and pleasant. My friend has a garlic allergy which we thought may be an issue due to the limited menu. She was very happy that the kitchen was able to accommodate her need. The food was creative and very well presented. The strawberry shortcake was my favorite. I would recommend this place to a friend and will probably come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great post industrial decorFranVIPDined on 2/18/2014My wife and I enjoy our visits. We like the design of the space and are always happy with the food and beverage. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverbookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Silo overbooked for Valentines day. Took 90 minutes to get first course and at least 3 hours to finsih. Staff kept forgetting what we ordered. Seemed like they forgot about our whole section of the restaurant. Silo did not seemed overly concerned about the poor service. I was with good company or experience could have been much worse.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedFuudieDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day with my fiancé. Ordered 2 drinks. Came in a reasonable amount of time. Next order 2 appetizers, baked oysters and stuffed mushrooms. The oysters came first but took a while. Still waiting for the mushrooms. The waitress came back and asked if we were ok, told her the mushrooms never came. She seemed surprised and went to go handle the matter. She returned 5 minutes later and still no mushrooms. She again left in search of our missing dish. While she was gone we decided if she appeared again before we got our mushrooms we were just going to ask for the check...and that's exactly what happened. Wasted an hour of our evening for one drink each and 4 oysters. If we do go back, it will be solely for the wine!
- Service ChallengedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit and was one of the few places we could find with last minute Valentine's Day availability. The space is very nice and the food is very good however the service was sub-par. We ordered our dinner and our appetizers were promptly served. Thereafter there was a gap of 45 minutes or so and we thought they were giving us time to enjoy our wine and talk. Then the server came with dessert and seemed surprised we hadn't been served our entrees. They eventually brought them and the server explained the previous day's snowstorm had not allowed them to prepare. We noticed the kitchen is small for such a large place and that may be part of the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is enoughSnoopy1Dined on 2/1/2014Friends and I went for the first time and it will be our last. We were seated for 20 minutes before anyone came to take our wine order. We arrived at 7:40 and did not leave until 10:30, this was due to lousy service. The food, average at best. I ordered the steak, the most expensive item on the menu at $25 and there was no flavor whatsoever. The "garlic" mashed potatoes, were from a box and had no flavor. I don't mind paying good money for a good meal, but this was a total waste.
- Great food,poor serviceMarieDined on 1/25/2014Our experience was very disappointing. The venue is very nicely decorated, very contemporary. The food was very good, as was the wine selection. The service however left much to be desired. After being seated, we had a reservation, we had to go the bar to ask if someone could bring us menus and take our drink order. The same person tending bar was also taking our order. So, I don't know if it is a staffing issue, or just a poorly motivated employee. The restaurant was not busy at all. We were seated on the first floor and there were only two other tables being served. On a positive note the server assistant was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Date nightLornadooneDined on 1/4/2014Lovely experience for our first time at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSiloDined on 12/31/2013Despite having a reservation, we had to wait an hour for our table. Instead of seating us when the table was ready, they waited for us to tell them that we were ready to sit down. Very bizarre approach to customer service. Overall the food was average at best. It wasn't terrible, but certainly not worth the hefty price tag. Only good thing about our experience was the wine and cocktail list. Go have a drink but do yourself a favor and do not waste the money on sitting down for a full meal.Special Features:
- great musselswabinaDined on 12/20/2013food was very tasty….I ordered the mussels which were just flown in that day and they were delicious…..we also had bbq chicken pizza which was very good and caesar salad which was quite good…very flavorful…..waiter was brand new so didn't know about food but he was helpful asking kitchen….would go back….hard to find if you don't know area….not well marked….not too many there on a friday evening but very nice….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night get togetherJLdec2013Dined on 12/6/2013Got together with some of my girlfriends- saw that Silo was in the city (I have been wanting to try their Hampden location, 13.5%!) Fabulous atmosphere, comfy seats, server was very knowledgable, great view, nothing bad to say! It was cold outside but there is a fabulous outdoor seating area that I would imagine you could sit there if it was warmer out. I will have to to back in the spring for sure to try that out. Excellent rose on the HH menu :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I great place to hangJoeWDined on 11/19/2013I love the atmosphere AND the food. A little off the beaten path but well worth it. Strongly recommend this as a great place for evening or brunch! Both the thin crust veggie or the bbq chicken pizza are GREAT lite fair!!Special Features:
- Absent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2013Showed up on around 5:30 on a Friday and got a great table with comfy leather chairs. Somewhat small by the glass wine list for a Wine bar, but decent happy hour selection. I asked the waiter about coming up with an interesting cocktail for me, but he showed no interest in helping so I ended up ordering wine. We ordered a few appetizers, and finished our first drink by the time they arrived. The cheese selection was good. We were ready to order another drink but our server did not come for over 30 minutes. I would have had another drink and ever ordered more food but I was so fed up we left immediately. Was excited to try out this place out in our neighborhood but we won't be back unfortunately.
- Great food, as usualPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 10/11/2013We eat here once a month and have never been disappointed. The food is interesting and well prepared. Staff is always cordial and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureJawaman77Dined on 10/11/2013This is my 4th time here, the food is always good, drinks have been made to personal taste without flaw and service is always top notch. The owner or manager is always very friendly and greets you with a warm smile. We have a favorite server who just seems to go a little above and beyond everyone else...that being said, every person we have made contact with there has been very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- SiloJoseDined on 9/14/2013Overall...good food, service, and ambiance in a new (refurbished) neighborhood in Baltimore. Will definitively recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post-industrial, pre-recreationalNotQuiteAFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2013The setting has great potential, but Locust Point in 2013 hasn't quite come into its own as a destination. Silo .5% Wine bar is a pioneer, and well worth a visit. The food was very tasty despite minor flaws (the eggplant in the vegetable tower could have been marinated and more succulent; the pasta under the outstanding halibut had a little too much garlic), but the scallop appetizer and the cocktails were excellent and the wait staff very good. We'll be back from time to time: As the neighborhood develops, so will the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.