Silo .5% Wine Bar
1200 Steuart Steet
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Silo .5% Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silo.5winebar.com/
- Phone: 4434384044x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Open Mondays 5:00on - 10:00pm beginning 2/18
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Klein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Silo .5% Wine Bar
Silo.5% is the new wine bar for the oenophiles of Baltimore and is the second location of the .5% brand which began in 2009 in Hampden with 13.5% Wine Bar. We have designed a modern cozy lounge that complements our 30 plus wines by the glass, 200-bottle wall of wine, seasonal cocktails and craft beers. Savor our locally sourced cuisine of small plates, gourmet pizzas, and seasonal entrees; while enjoying the panoramic harbor vista from our main floor, mezzanine or bluestone patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Silo .5% Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014I went here to celebrate my two year anniversary with my gf. I have always loved the laid back yet chic vibe. The layout is beautiful and you can dine outside if you wish. The staff is always amazing and the food/drinks speak for themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden but fantasticYourFirstTarynDined on 8/7/2014Silo.5% is a great place to sit back and relax while enjoying a vast selection of wines and some tasty food that is great for sharing. Our waitress was extremely friendly, funny and accommodating considering we came in late night to eat a full dinner. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine, service, ambianceFoodie21230Dined on 5/20/2014Silo.5 was the total package for us, when we needed a last-minute reservation for a party of six, when out-of-town guests arrived without much notice. They were very accommodating. Our server was very knowledgable of the menu options and wine pairings. He recommended the perfect wine to accompany the beef tenderloin, which was exquisite. Surprisingly the jerk chicken entree looked like the star of the show. Yes, I know...chicken! The cheese selection was out of this world, and the bread pudding for dessert (with homemade ice cream) is a must. The dining room, inside and the seating on the outdoor seating on the veranda, offer a beautiful and romantic ambiance. All in all, they got EVERYTHING right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have eaten here several times and the food offerings are always interesting and well prepared. This visit we started with a huge bowl of delicious pretzel bites. Followed by Greek terrific lemon soup for me and salad for my wife. Finishing with catfish sandwich and lobster macncheese. In retrospect, we ordered too much food since all of the portions were so large. Everything was great and service was prompt and polite.Special Features:
- All-in-all a good place to eatFranVIPDined on 4/24/2014Love the room on the ground floor of Silo Point, an industrial structure incorporated into a modern retail/residential building. The service was spot-on and the food tasty.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the Silo .5% Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Hidden away in Silo point, great neighborhood restaurant. Friendly staff, server, and bartender. Amazing selection. We could have split a bunch of starters and been very happy. Loved the pretzel bites with dip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Have been here a few times for happy hour, this time tried the full menu and was very disappointed with the food. Trying too hard to be different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as alwaysChewbaccaDined on 3/28/2014This was my fourth time at Silo.5% Wine bar. This time was just as great as the other three times. The food is always outstanding, thedrinks are always great and the service is wonderful. I would recommend this place to all of my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the food or serviceDAJSDined on 2/26/2014Our server came to our table once I the three hors we were seated to take our initial drink orders and never returned. We kept having to chase her down even though she was happy to stop at the other tables and take orders. The food is really poor. We ordered crab stuffed mushrooms and it was literally three teeny tiny bland mushrooms (unseasoned) on a plate with one spinach leaf. Way too pretentious for my tastes. We also ordered this brussel sprout dish and the chef forgot to put half if the described ingredients on the dish like cheese and bacon. So it was just brussel sprouts, not even salt or pepper. With all of that said the ambience is fantastic and the wine list is great. It's very relaxing. I will go back but just eat dinner first.Special Features:
- VERY DISAPPOINTING!!nikkiDined on 2/22/2014Silo .5% had mixed reviews prior to our visit, but they seemed to be mostly from recent disgruntled Valentine's Day couples, so we figured it was safe to go by the other reviews which seemed pretty ok. The food reminded me of when I visit my grandmother in her 55+ community restaurant where NOTHING has taste to it. I don't even like salt, but I could have used some...there weren't even salt and pepper shakers on the table so it couldn't be remedied that way. My husband's chicken marsala came with hardly any chicken, then his shortcake dessert came without the shortcake. Our server seemed to care less, as she simply boxed his food and sat it back on the table...even after he told her that he didn't care for it. Definitely will NOT return.
- Baltimore restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Restaurant was beautiful and clean. Wine was good. Appetizers for restaurant week were good. The restaurant was sold out of beef. I had the seafood dish which was bland and an extremely small portion. My husband had the chicken Marsala which was a nice sized portion but tasteless.
- Great place to have a greatelbbubniaeviliDined on 2/22/2014Great place to have a great tasting meal with friends, family, or on a date when hanging around in Locust Point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off NightPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 2/21/2014We have dined here on several occasions and the food is always interesting and well-prepared. On this night they were obviously understaffed with servers trying to bar tend , bus and wait tables. As a result, orders were incorrect and delivered out of sequence. My first course came and I had to finish it before my wife's came because they brought her the wrong item. Then my wife's second course came and she had to finish it before mine came. The staff were apologetic and comped our drinks. If we had not been there before we would have written off this place, but we think it was just a bad night and we will give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Restaurant WeekJMH1Dined on 2/21/2014We only came for restaurant week but I thought they did a great job! There was only one waitress so we know she was really busy with all of her tables. Food was great- definitely recommend the garlic soy edemame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerKsmittyDined on 2/19/2014My friends and I decided on this place for restaurant week. The restaurant is very pleasing to the eye and the service was timely and pleasant. My friend has a garlic allergy which we thought may be an issue due to the limited menu. She was very happy that the kitchen was able to accommodate her need. The food was creative and very well presented. The strawberry shortcake was my favorite. I would recommend this place to a friend and will probably come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great post industrial decorFranVIPDined on 2/18/2014My wife and I enjoy our visits. We like the design of the space and are always happy with the food and beverage. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverbookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Silo overbooked for Valentines day. Took 90 minutes to get first course and at least 3 hours to finsih. Staff kept forgetting what we ordered. Seemed like they forgot about our whole section of the restaurant. Silo did not seemed overly concerned about the poor service. I was with good company or experience could have been much worse.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedFuudieDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day with my fiancé. Ordered 2 drinks. Came in a reasonable amount of time. Next order 2 appetizers, baked oysters and stuffed mushrooms. The oysters came first but took a while. Still waiting for the mushrooms. The waitress came back and asked if we were ok, told her the mushrooms never came. She seemed surprised and went to go handle the matter. She returned 5 minutes later and still no mushrooms. She again left in search of our missing dish. While she was gone we decided if she appeared again before we got our mushrooms we were just going to ask for the check...and that's exactly what happened. Wasted an hour of our evening for one drink each and 4 oysters. If we do go back, it will be solely for the wine!
- Service ChallengedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit and was one of the few places we could find with last minute Valentine's Day availability. The space is very nice and the food is very good however the service was sub-par. We ordered our dinner and our appetizers were promptly served. Thereafter there was a gap of 45 minutes or so and we thought they were giving us time to enjoy our wine and talk. Then the server came with dessert and seemed surprised we hadn't been served our entrees. They eventually brought them and the server explained the previous day's snowstorm had not allowed them to prepare. We noticed the kitchen is small for such a large place and that may be part of the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is enoughSnoopy1Dined on 2/1/2014Friends and I went for the first time and it will be our last. We were seated for 20 minutes before anyone came to take our wine order. We arrived at 7:40 and did not leave until 10:30, this was due to lousy service. The food, average at best. I ordered the steak, the most expensive item on the menu at $25 and there was no flavor whatsoever. The "garlic" mashed potatoes, were from a box and had no flavor. I don't mind paying good money for a good meal, but this was a total waste.
- Great food,poor serviceMarieDined on 1/25/2014Our experience was very disappointing. The venue is very nicely decorated, very contemporary. The food was very good, as was the wine selection. The service however left much to be desired. After being seated, we had a reservation, we had to go the bar to ask if someone could bring us menus and take our drink order. The same person tending bar was also taking our order. So, I don't know if it is a staffing issue, or just a poorly motivated employee. The restaurant was not busy at all. We were seated on the first floor and there were only two other tables being served. On a positive note the server assistant was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Date nightLornadooneDined on 1/4/2014Lovely experience for our first time at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSiloDined on 12/31/2013Despite having a reservation, we had to wait an hour for our table. Instead of seating us when the table was ready, they waited for us to tell them that we were ready to sit down. Very bizarre approach to customer service. Overall the food was average at best. It wasn't terrible, but certainly not worth the hefty price tag. Only good thing about our experience was the wine and cocktail list. Go have a drink but do yourself a favor and do not waste the money on sitting down for a full meal.Special Features:
- great musselswabinaDined on 12/20/2013food was very tasty….I ordered the mussels which were just flown in that day and they were delicious…..we also had bbq chicken pizza which was very good and caesar salad which was quite good…very flavorful…..waiter was brand new so didn't know about food but he was helpful asking kitchen….would go back….hard to find if you don't know area….not well marked….not too many there on a friday evening but very nice….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night get togetherJLdec2013Dined on 12/6/2013Got together with some of my girlfriends- saw that Silo was in the city (I have been wanting to try their Hampden location, 13.5%!) Fabulous atmosphere, comfy seats, server was very knowledgable, great view, nothing bad to say! It was cold outside but there is a fabulous outdoor seating area that I would imagine you could sit there if it was warmer out. I will have to to back in the spring for sure to try that out. Excellent rose on the HH menu :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I great place to hangJoeWDined on 11/19/2013I love the atmosphere AND the food. A little off the beaten path but well worth it. Strongly recommend this as a great place for evening or brunch! Both the thin crust veggie or the bbq chicken pizza are GREAT lite fair!!Special Features:
- Absent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2013Showed up on around 5:30 on a Friday and got a great table with comfy leather chairs. Somewhat small by the glass wine list for a Wine bar, but decent happy hour selection. I asked the waiter about coming up with an interesting cocktail for me, but he showed no interest in helping so I ended up ordering wine. We ordered a few appetizers, and finished our first drink by the time they arrived. The cheese selection was good. We were ready to order another drink but our server did not come for over 30 minutes. I would have had another drink and ever ordered more food but I was so fed up we left immediately. Was excited to try out this place out in our neighborhood but we won't be back unfortunately.
- Great food, as usualPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 10/11/2013We eat here once a month and have never been disappointed. The food is interesting and well prepared. Staff is always cordial and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureJawaman77Dined on 10/11/2013This is my 4th time here, the food is always good, drinks have been made to personal taste without flaw and service is always top notch. The owner or manager is always very friendly and greets you with a warm smile. We have a favorite server who just seems to go a little above and beyond everyone else...that being said, every person we have made contact with there has been very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- SiloJoseDined on 9/14/2013Overall...good food, service, and ambiance in a new (refurbished) neighborhood in Baltimore. Will definitively recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post-industrial, pre-recreationalNotQuiteAFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2013The setting has great potential, but Locust Point in 2013 hasn't quite come into its own as a destination. Silo .5% Wine bar is a pioneer, and well worth a visit. The food was very tasty despite minor flaws (the eggplant in the vegetable tower could have been marinated and more succulent; the pasta under the outstanding halibut had a little too much garlic), but the scallop appetizer and the cocktails were excellent and the wait staff very good. We'll be back from time to time: As the neighborhood develops, so will the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check out this gem in Locust Point!AirethalyaDined on 8/29/2013Personable staff, food that is impressive, modern atmosphere and high tech compliments to their Nook menu app. My friends and I were happy to discover this cool restaurant on a Thursday. We loved the Prix Fix menu. We each had something different for the courses, all amazing. And our wine was delicious. Three very happy ladies! Did you know? It's a popular Grouper date night spot --and the staff is engaged enough to help with that process, they have code words and are full of encouragement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best staff in town...GarbsDined on 8/2/2013We came in for restaurant week to try out the menu at a great deal. The hostess was warm, friendly, helpful and polite. The floor manager was as well. The staff were all pleasant, engaging, funny and cordial which makes, for me, the dining experience great. But the star of the night was the bartender, Dan. He concocted some of the best drinks I've ever had. He is truly an excellent bartender who takes pride in his craft. Every drink was sensational and crafted to perfection. Not only that, but he was friendly, funny and very personable despite how busy he was. I can't wait to come back in and try more! Thanks for the great experience and props to your excellent staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well only The italian sparklingFootdocDined on 8/2/2013Well only The italian sparkling water and wine had taste and flavor . The remaining food was horrible,lacking details and taste ,especially the sorbet was a total disaster and uneatable.Special Features:
- Great new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2013I took my women for her birthday dinner and we enjoyed everything. Will be back for happy hr and dinner ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :-)OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2013Went here on a date with my bf and the staff was amazing! The food was wonderful too. Would definitely recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baltimore Restaurant WeekreviewernicknameDined on 7/31/2013Started at the bar waiting on our table. Our bartender was very nice. She also transferred our bar tab right to our table when it was ready, keeping it very simple. Ordered from the Pre Fixe Dinner Menu. The clams were decent. The twice baked potatoes were really good. The server forgot to get a steak knife for the entree...No big deal though because you could cut the steaks with a butter knife! The sorbet was decent, but I wouldn't travel back there for it (or the clams). I will, however, return for the steak, the wine and beer list, and the overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- three hours for dinner?nochainrestaurants314Dined on 7/30/2013So we sent to .5% for dinner Tuesday during Restaurant Week. The food was quite good and the server was very pleasant but, even though we ordered all three courses at once, it still took three hours to be served. The restaurant filled up during the long time we were there but other tables that got there after us seemed to get their food and checks and leave. Luckily, they have outstanding cocktails. I especially recommend the tomato margarita. Although after drinking tequilla for a couple hours, I was not much interested in dinner. The desserts were nothing to speak of either. I had a very dry peach cobbler, during peach season! It's doubtful that we would return.Special Features:
- This was my first time diningHeatherODined on 7/27/2013This was my first time dining at Sil0 .5% and our experience well surpassed our expectations. There were several levels of waitstaff ensuring that you glass was always filled and that you were having a great dining experience. The view of the harbor is very good from the second floor while the first floor has a fun, hip bar feel. The food was great and I am still thinking about the New York Strip Steak that was enjoyed. Might be the best I ever had. I have recounted my dining experience to several Federal Hill friends and expect they will try out the place soon.Special Features:
- Some very good, some so-soDeannaVIPDined on 7/27/2013The cheeses were to die for. The clam appetizer was also very good. And the peach cobbler was scrumptous, although not your grandmother's cobbler (so don't expect that). The salmon, however, was just ho-hum. BF said his rabbit was pretty good, but not the best he'd had. The service from Kaylee was excellent. We'll return outside of restaurant week and see how it fares then.Special Features: