220 Bloor St. West,
Toronto, ON M5S 1T8Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toronto.intercontinental.com/yorkville-toronto-restaurants.aspx#toronto-ontario-hotel-signatures
- Phone: 4163245885
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 11:30 am;
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 am - 10:30 pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10:30 am - 3:30 pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Joe Rabba
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Bloor & Avenue
- Public Transit: Subway: St. George Subway or Museum Subway stops
Distance 0.1 KM / 0.06 miles southeast to our downtown Toronto Hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: City of Toronto Parking / Parking Authority
Monday to Saturday
$ 1.50 per half hour
$18.00 maximum 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
$8.00 maximum 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Sunday & Holidays
$8.00 maximum 7:00 a. m. to 6:00 p.m.
$8.00 maximum 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Guests can pay with cash, and credit card at Parking Authority booth.
Hotel Valet Parking 7 days a week
In-house guests $35.00
A word from Signatures Restaurant
Toronto's own multicultural neighbourhoods inspire the ever-changing menu in our award-winning Signatures Restaurant. Chef Joe Rabba's culinary artistry can be sampled in the main dining room or the bistro-style lower level. To complement the cultural influence in our cuisine, unique photographs of Toronto's landmark neighbourhoods decorate the walls of our restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Signatures Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (7)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- good experiencepinetreeDined on 10/16/2014Our party of three enjoyed the service and food though one member of the party did not realize that he had chosen a pasta dish. This was a mistake on his part. perhaps other diners might not recognize the types of pasta and should ask about the dish they are ordering. The rack of lamb was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fabulous Gem!Myra9Dined on 8/12/2014The Signatures restaurant in the Intercontinental hotel is a wonderful spot, serving high quality, exceptional food. When we were there it wasn't busy at all. I'm wondering if it's because it's inside the hotel, and therefore not very visible from Bloor Street. The server was extremely accommodating in catering to a food allergy. The presentation of the food was lovely, and the ambience of the restaurant very inviting. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signaturesparentalunit24Dined on 8/9/2014Only regret - we forgot to get the recipe for their lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great service!LynnVIPDined on 8/7/2014I went with my parents and it was a perfect choice. Thomas was very attentive and service focused. The food was wonderful, we all loved our meals and they were very open to accommodating gluten free. The Tomato and Watermelon salad was amazing! I will go back next time I am in Toronto! Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining and ServiceRolandDined on 7/31/2014Had an early dinner before catching a recital at Koerner Hall across the street on July 31/14. We started at the Proof Bar for drinks as Signatures was not yet open for dinner before 5:30PM. Service by our bar waitress was amazing and poured a really generous drink. A great start! Dinner was spectacular, tasty and very well presented. The Summer Salad was to die for. I had the Seared Scallops with rapini and my friend had the Atlantic salmon which he said was also very good and a lot to eat. Atmosphere was great - quite crowded at time we dined and not noisy. Service is prompt and attentive, but not obtrusive. Great for couples too as the seating on one side of the table is like a love seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Location, Excellent Food!Myra9Dined on 7/30/2014This time I visited Signatures for lunch, although I have had dinner there in the past. As always, the food was outstanding, and the prices quite competitive. The servers are very accommodating, and the service well-timed and friendly. There was a wide range of choices on the lunch menu. Their coffee is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and quiet lunchloveOBDined on 7/14/2014A fine, quite place, waiters very courteous, soft spoken. Table looking out the patio, romantic, bright & elegant. Food was just right. Coffee was surprisingly good! hot & plentiful. I had been to this restaurant before and returned today regardless it did not participate in summerlicious as prev years but that was hardly a problem. Since it was quiet, we could stay a bit longer with no guilt that other patrons were waiting for the table.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Signatures Restaurant reviews archive.
- Elegant Fine FoodCitylightsVIPDined on 6/24/2014Really enjoyed the tranquility and elegance of this hide away only steps from the hustle and bustle. The menu was excellent and prices were competitive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014We've been going for years and have found it to be first-rate every time.Special Features:
- Parents 50th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Great service and fantastic food. Chef was accommodating in making any changes for guests with special requests.Special Features:
- Astonishingly disappointingSvetachanDined on 5/24/2014We could not really believe the poor quality of the Friday night dinner we were served at Signatures at the Toronto Intercontinental Hotel. I ordered steak-frites, rare, supposedly coming with a jus sauce and fresh seasonal vegetables. What arrived on the table was overcooked to beyond medium and grey-colored; the frites were desiccated and dry, as if they had been sitting under hot serving lights for hours, beside a lumped down clump of limp broccoli; and the jus in a jug could be turned upside down without spilling, so tepid and congealed were its contents! My partner's chicken was dry and smothered in an odd carroty puree, extremely poorly designed and presented. The waiter was incredibly kind and clearly embarrassed.
- Excellent service. Excellent foodHappyDined on 4/4/2014This was our second time dining at this restaurant. The service and the food were excellent. The room is spacious. one does not hear other diners' conversations. Very comfortable setting. All around great. Great food & service in a refined ambience. BTW, the online reservation worked beautifully. Received a confirmation immediately. If you drive, you can park under the hotel & ride elevator or walk up to lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signatures - St. Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014An all-round great evening. Superb service, each of the six courses were delicious, epecially the sea bass appetizer and the rack of lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the place for aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed the place for a Valentines dinner and the staff were very pleasant and attentive. The dinner offer was somewhat limited to a fixed menu for that evening with little option other than lobster or lamb for the main course. The 'crispy' sea bass was any thing but crispy but tasted fine and the asparagus with it was fresh and cooked well. The salad was excellent. The lobster main course was poor from our view. One claw and half a tail each with a couple carrots and leeks ( I think). The main issue with this was the sauce which was mostly a weak broth that we had to shake off the vegetables in order to eat them and this course was exceptionally bland. Dessert was a shared plate of small tastings served in a very unappealing manner.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's Day place,MIKEYDined on 2/14/2014Great Valentine's Day place, especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DaylouiseDined on 2/14/2014We were at signatures for Valentine Day dinner and the 5 course Valentine menu was absolutely wonderful. In addition to the great food our waiter was great - very pleasant and attentive. Would highly recommend Signatures and we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant central locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014We went during winterlicious so they didn't have the full menu available. We had the duck and the steak and both were very flavourful. Service was decent nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not sure about the regular prices either so I can't comment.Special Features:
- Toronto StandardsTOdineSnobDined on 2/7/2014The dinning experienece was not up to Toronto standards. When you consider the location we would expect the food to be of better quality. Wow what a missed opportunity...Accross from the ROM, Accross from the Royal Conservatory...Food was not refined, don't over complicate a dish by giving it a twist and throwing in wine and bacon. Duck, wine, bacon and pasta may not be the best combination...most dishes fell short of my expectations for "The Intercontinental Hotel". Management and Kitchen management needs to really focus on the market they are survicing or else they will be known for "Missed Opportunity".
- terrible service and a pretty medioMeonDined on 2/6/2014it's pretty uncommon to waste 2.5 hours for a dinner in Toronto. especially during Winterlicious or Summerlicious, when menu is shortlisted. and it wasn't just our lack of luck, two more couples which arrived at the same time got the same poor service with about the same level of impatience. it's unacceptable to wait 10 minutes at the entrance to be seated: it wasn't long line of waiting people, it was simple absence of maître d'hôtel. most of the time none of waiters/waitresses was seen. the steak was OK, but arctic char was over-grilled, deserts were fair. it was the worst restaurant experience during last year (out of about 40).
- Mediocre food, Slow ServicearistotleDined on 2/6/2014Our three course winterlicious dinner took more than 3 hours, with each course coming out on average one per hour. The appetizer was simple and tasty, but extremely small (one piece of scallop) and one tiny piece of mini-potato. The main course was even worse. While the portions were quite bigger, the food was cold by the time it came to us. The duck was dry and smelled like a weird Chinese fusion (which it's not supposed to be since it's "au vin".) The steak was just plain and unimpressive. Finally, the dessert was a mix bag as well. The almond ice cream was good but it was barely half a scoop, and the chocolate bread pudding was just odd. I would have been happier with a larger scoop of ice cream and to skip the bread pudding.
- GoodMonnDined on 2/6/2014I enjoyed this restaurant, the service was a tad slow however that did not bother me. I would go back for a second time!Special Features:
- Food a little dullknowwhatilikeDined on 2/1/2014Winterlicious on a slushy Saturday evening - very convenient to the subway on a night when we didn't want to drive. The door guy started to usher us in when we arrived although we had dripping wet coats and there was a rack right at the door. The restaurant is very nicely appointed with a lovely view of the garden in the snow. Service was polite and not intrusive. They gave us some time with our wine and didn't rush the meal even though the prix fixe choice was simple and no other menu offered. The parsnip soup was fine, but bland. The duck was overdone, and nothing special in the taste department. Orange brulee was good but not out of this world. My companion had the fish and reported it was okay but a little bland.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereChewbaccasGhostDined on 1/31/2014I loved the atmosphere of this restaurant. The tables were not set too close together (I personally don't like it when the tables in a restaurant are too crowded). The restaurant was busy, but not loud the way some restaurants can be when they're busy. The food itself was very well prepared and easily worth the money. All in all, an excellent Winterlicious value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XmasBestViewDined on 12/25/2013Very pleasant atmosphere. Excellent service. Totally accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChristmasexploresDined on 12/25/2013We were fortunate to have booked this restaurant for our Christmas Dinner - especially given the power problems the ice storm caused for the holidays. Food was excellent as was the service. We also liked the comfortable seating and the ability to park underneath at the Green P parking garage and take the elevator right into the hotel lobby. It was wonderful to get a meal served hot, cooked to perfection, and as requested. I'd not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone. Many thanks to all the staff there that worked the Christmas shift and made it such a great experience for us all. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- We'll be back. :)TerminatorsDined on 10/17/2013We love this restaurant for a number of reasons - high end environment and cuisine, available 'Green P' parking and proximity to our favourite music venue in Toronto - Koerner Hall. It's also great for museum visits, Varsity Stadium, walks around the U. of T. campus (Philosopher's Walk), Yorkville, Bloor Steet shopping, etc. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fine, but service wasn'ttraveldiningDined on 9/13/2013The prices are very high, which was expected, as it is in a high-end hotel. Our server did not serve all that was listed for our breakfast (we chose the "Healthy Breakfast" which was supposed to include multiple items) and because he rarely came back to the table or the vicinity of our table, by the time we could request items it was too late to eat them, as we had to move on.
- I and my guests had particularOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2013I and my guests had particular food requirements which must have been very tiresome for the chef. However, everything was done beautifully and without fuss or complaints. An excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- holiday time in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013For Valentine's Day, my husband and I booked dinner and a room at the Hotel Intercontinental on Bloor St. First off, the meal was spectacular and the room, with the King size bed was divine. A mini-holiday right here in Toronto, and of course the shopping on Bloor, why go to New York, when everything is right here. The chef went above and beyond a romantic meal...very thoughtful and beautifully presented, in one of the cozy booths that are there. The meal was reasonably priced, as one of my son's says: a bargain at twice the price.We plan on repeating this adventure in the near future...kudos to the restaurant and hotel staff for such an enjoyable weekend.Special Features:
- The food, ambiance and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2013The food, ambiance and service were great. My only suggestion would be to augment the entree of Artic Char with a bit of rice or 2 strips of beans / asparagus etc. It was just the fish with 3 small cooked cherry tomatoes. More embellishment was needed.Special Features:
- This is a nice quiet restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/26/2013This is a nice quiet restaurant that doesn't seem overly busy. I would say that it is the type of place that you can have a nice conversation with great friends, be comfortable and not rushed. However, I still feel that our wait time at the restaurant was overly long. From sit down to first drink order it was over 20 minutes. Especially with a 1 yr old, that's not acceptable for me. But overall, food was good and service got a little better by the end.Special Features:
- Signature Restuarant was myOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/26/2013Signature Restuarant was my first Winterlicious restuarant of this year. I went there with expections but I was quite dissapointed when I'm done. When we arrived the restuarant, the whole restuarant was almost empty. The server said we could sit whichever table is empty. So we picked a table by the window where is quiet for conversation. Then we've been waiting for 20 minutes for the server came to ask for the order. We were absolutley not happy for such a long waiting time and same thing happened to the table next to us. They complained they've been waiting to be served for too long and their kids were too hungry.The food quality was at average. There was nothing too special or make us really impressive but the service was, in a bad way.
- Everything was perfectJanMacDined on 12/22/2012Aside from not having my pre-ordered (confirmed by phone) sparkling wine ready, everything was perfect. The waiter gave us exactly the right amount of attention and was very helpful. The food is beautifully presented, slightly unusual and delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Why were there no points withBudKDined on 11/30/2012Why were there no points with Open Table for this restaurant
- Only one server for the restaurantRicknJanDined on 11/16/2012Only one server for the restaurant that evening. Manager waited on us but obviously was hoping to not be a waiter for the evening. He handed us off later to a bar server who was busy working the bar and therefore inattentive to us. My lamb chops were very good but I ordered medium and it came obviously rare. Still very flavorful but I prefer medium done. Restaurant was dead that evening so therefore surprised that we, being one couple of 5 in the restaurant couldn't get what we ordered and timely. I don't recommend based on the number of restaurants in Toronto.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012Excellent Chef! All party members commented on how delicious their food was. Before Concert at Koerner Hall Dinning perfect!Special Features:
- Was very quiet for a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Was very quiet for a Saturday night but was able to get an alcove table for 6 that suited myself and my three guests (one from Denver, CO; one from London, UK.). The waitress was extremely attentive, but not overdone, and both the appetizers and the mains were well presented and good tasting. My guests had strip loin but my choice of ribs was not a good one (two small pieces of meat over a plop of mashed potatoes and gravy).Special Features:
- Good service. Attentive butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2012Good service. Attentive but not obtrusive. Food was very good and well presented. Not enough tables for four that afford privacy. Important for people there on business. As well, had a family seated next to us after we arrived which could have been a detriment to the business that was being conducted at our table. Wasn't an issue but might have been.Special Features:
- Quiet, civilized with excellentcabguyDined on 7/19/2012Quiet, civilized with excellent service and a fabulous coconut lemongrass soup
- I went for Mother's Day BrunchmissemsttDined on 5/13/2012I went for Mother's Day Brunch and my experience was pleasant but not outstanding. For the price, location and so forth I should have come away with a more memorable experience.