Signature Grill at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa
3800 W. Starr Pass Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Signature Grill at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.signaturegrilltucson.com/
- Phone: 5207916064x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Saturday: Breakfast: 6:30am –11:00am; Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: 5:00pm. - 10:00pm
Sunday: Breakfast Buffet: 6:30am–2:00pm; Lunch: 12:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Danny Perez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We accept private parties up to 40 people total. Private dinner menus are provided.
- Entertainment: Enjoy nightly entertainment in the Lobby Lounge before or after dinner.
- Special Events: NEW! Enjoy fresh, handcrafted pastries and breads made daily by 11:30 am from our Signature Grill Panaderia. Visit our website at www.jwmarriottstarrpass.com for the menu selection.
A word from Signature Grill at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Using locally grown produce and foods inspired by Native American and Mexican traditions, Signature Grill features robust regionally inspired cooking with savory steaks, chops and seafood at a surprising level of value. The plentiful breakfast buffet and a la carte selections feature regional favorites as well as traditional offerings. Signature Grill’s patio offers breakfast or lunch under the sun or dinner under the stars. Signature Grill captures the essence of the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Signature Grill at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Food just average Sweet potato donut was awful Mashed sweet potato would be sooooo much better New York steak was tough
- The following 171 reviews are from the Signature Grill at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Just OK...nothing specialMicheleDined on 5/17/2014Predictable menu. Food was good but not memorable. Slow service even though we were one of the few customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view but pricey!ClevelanddinersDined on 5/17/2014We were staying at the resort & found Signature was on OpenTable, so we decided to try it. We dined outdoors with a great view of the golf course & mountains. The service was very good, as was the food (though the queso fundido had way too many veggies in it to my liking & not enough chorizo). We had the caesar salad with spicy dressing & I had the burger topped w/egg & home made chips, my wife had the pork chop dinner. All were flavorful, we didn't have room for desert. The overall experience was very good, but with 2 drinks, 1 app, split salad & dinner we spent close to $100, so you are paying for the ambience & great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining experience was great, butSkottoDined on 5/3/2014I wish there was more of a selection and the price of my dinner seemed a little high for what I received. Other than that I had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service not up to Marriott standarddisappointedDinerDined on 4/25/2014As hotel guests, we expected a dinner that reflected the high standards & prices of this Marriott signature property. Changing our reservation time to an earlier seating was accommodated; but our waiter treated our table as an afterthought, even though our table was directly in view of the waiter's station. We had to ask for water refills, for the dessert menu, coffee wasn't offered with dessert, our dinner plates weren't cleared when finished. The open kitchen allowed us to see that the salad/dessert cook was behind on orders, which explained the 20 minute wait for our desserts yet our server didn't bother to check until we went up to him and asked what was going on! The dining room was also too dark to read the menus.
- Average hotel fareBuckeyeVIPDined on 4/21/2014Signature Grill was average overall. The menu had interesting items, but they were only average when they arrived at the table. Service was scattered, no continuity, so no follow through, etc. Preferred Primo, but it is closed on Monday and Tuesdays.Special Features:
- downhill slidesrcorb22VIPDined on 4/3/2014The Signature Grill is not as good as it used to be. The menu needs some tweaking It was very average. It used to be 5 stars....no moreSpecial Features:
- likestodinelikestodineDined on 3/8/2014The ambience was good, but was disappointed that my group of six was unable to have a table with a view. The hostess told me large groups (which I don't feel 6 people a large group) could not get a table with a scenic view. The waiter was excellent, the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, awful foodSmithantVIPDined on 3/1/2014This was not my first dinner at the Signature Grill, but it will be my last. The service was attentive but not to the level required for fine dining. But the food was simply awful. The tuna tartar was salty, sitting in a puddle of what must have been soy sauce. The southwest Caesar was tasteless, tiny-chopped romaine with a mound of cheese. The strip steak special was supposed to have a mushroom demiglace. In reality it was a leathery mass tasting strongly of peppercorns. It was inedible and had to be scraped off. My father was too embarrassed to send it back. Much of the food was overlooked and over salted. Clearly nobody in the kitchen is checking or tasting dishes before sending them out. Disappointing.
- Overall, quite goodCLO50VIPDined on 2/14/2014The reception staff was warm and accommodating. Unfortunately, we dined on Valentine's Day and the restaurant was full. Our waiter couldn't have been worse. He had no knowledge of the food when we asked questions, and is had absolutely no knowledge of the wine list. We waited long periods of time between courses, and had to ask another waiter to find out what happened to the bottle of wine were ordered. Sometime later, our waiter came back with the bottle of wine "to check if it was the right one" and left to tell the bar tender it was correct. Also 15 later we got our wine. After clearing our first course, the waiter took the dirty silverware off the plates and put them back on our table. It was like eating at Denny's. The food was good.Special Features:
- Our experience was horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Our experience was horrible so was the service. It took over two hours to get our food, plus we had to speak to the manager for that to happen. I took my wife out for a special Valentine's day and unfortunately the outcome was exceedingly unpleasant.Special Features:
- Evening at Signature GrillAzdudeDined on 2/14/2014Service was nice and wait staff was attentive. We ate off the V-Day Prie Fix menu. Everything was exceptional except the main course. lobster enchiladas needed more seasoning and the beef wellington was bland and over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On one of your busiest nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014On one of your busiest nights of the year, the service provided by our waiter, J.B., was excellent. Every employee we encountered was friendly and courteous. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite New Years Eve RestaurantMaggieDined on 12/31/2013We have gone to the JW Marriott Starr Pass Signature Grill on several occasions, but we like to take friends on NY Eve especially. The patio bar is exquisite with the giant decorated tree and the lights of Tucson below, the food excellent in the grill, and the service always top notch! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior DiningazcruiserDined on 12/25/2013Excellent restaurant with fantastic food. The prime rib was the very best I have ever had.The service was attentive and very thoughtful. The menu was expansive which made if difficult to make a choice. I believe that this is one of the finest restaurants in Arizona and well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Christmas buffetagoodeaterVIPDined on 12/25/2013We usually go for the Thanksgiving buffet, even though it's been uneven in quality over the years, but I decided not to cook Christmas dinner this year, and the buffet was wonderful: prime rib, turkey, duck, lamb, plus many desserts - what more could I ask for? Service was very good (but we got there early) and friendly, as usual. I might make this a tradition!Special Features:
- Enjoyable FusionTCapDined on 9/30/2013Monday night in off-season, so the restaurant was quiet with just a few tables.Friendly attentive hostess and wait staff. The food was good with unexpected combinations of flavors. As one might expect in Tucson, a Southwest spiciness but with overtones of Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant withloverestVIPDined on 9/14/2013Excellent restaurant with beautiful views, food and service. Pricing for a resort is excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the desertGramps11Dined on 9/14/2013The service was beyond anything recently experienced. From the hostess to the servers, it seemed as though we were the only guests. The food was savory with perfect portions. Great place for any event from romantic dining to business functions and family dining.Special Features:
- Best dining in SW TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2013Southwest Tucson has little to offer in fine dining experiences. Thank heaven for the Starpass Marriot restaurants- specifically the Signature Grill and Salud (the bar). Begin the evening with a cocktail on the patio for the tequila toast (the shot is free). Then, enjoy a satisfying meal at the Signature Grill. The organic salmon is cooked beautifully without a hint of dryness. The veggie enchiladas are smothered in a silky, smoky rich sauce. We go here several times a year to feel like we are on vacation even though we are only 20 minutes away from home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding brisketagoodeaterVIPDined on 7/2/2013Brisket is my favorite BBQ meat, and it's hard to do it right. Although it could be hit-or-miss anywhere, including here at the Catalina Grill, I have to say that the last time I ordered it it was the best ever, anywhere, and I order brisket every time, wherever it's available. I would have kissed the chef if my husband wasn't with me.Special Features:
- Pricey but good!WinstonDined on 5/23/2013We dined on the patio overlooking the pools and mountains on a lovely May evening. The service was outstanding. The menu is quite limited, but the chef was more than willing to accommodate dietary needs. We ordered the least expensive Chardonnay at $40/bottle. It was very good, but we wish this restaurant would carry some less expensive house wines. Overall, this was a special dining experience, but it's very expensive, with a limited menu.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013The food was outstanding. The waiter was also outstanding. We were disappointed that our Groupon did not include the cost of our drinks. There was nothing on the Groupon that specified this limitation, so we felt that the restaurant was wrong to deny the drink cost as part of our amount spent. This was a special occasion and we did not want to spoil our night, so we went ahead and paid the unexpected extra.Special Features:
- Good hotel restaurantBobbyVIPDined on 4/6/2013This is a nice place to eat while staying at the JW. Very simple and an easy menu. I have been here 6 times and I would recommend choosing items off the menu versus the nightly specials.Special Features:
- This was my second visit touapharmDined on 4/5/2013This was my second visit to the Signature Grill and they did not fail to meet my extremely high, previously established expectations. Everything was fantastic and I will continue to dine there for my special occasions.Special Features:
- Avoid the special, play it safe.BobbyVIPDined on 4/2/2013Maybe we chose the wrong dish but my wife and I did not enjoy the evening special, halibut and grits. I'm not convinced it was halibut and the grits were pasty. My wedge salad was good. All carbonated drinks were off due to some sort of problem. Not a good night.Special Features:
- Sorry, not appreciatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2013Basically everything was acceptable except the seating. I made reservations over a month ahead and ended back in a far corner away from everything. I did not appreciate this even though the rest of the group said it was ok, just ok. We enjoy eating here and usually find everything good. I think I will plan on going elseware when it comes to a major holiday.Special Features:
- Wonderful service and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Wonderful service and very good selection of food items, although the prepared dishes left on the buffet, could have been much hotter.Special Features:
- Signature Grill is a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2013Signature Grill is a lovely restaurant with a beautiful view. We ate there for Easter brunch. The food was good, not great, but good. There was a huge selection to choose from. All the staff was extremely well trained and very friendly. We took our time, never felt rushed and enjoyed being outdoors, in the shade, for a lovely brunch.Special Features:
- We were there for Easter Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We were there for Easter Brunch. The food was outstanding, the view and weather beautiful, and the service was great !! Definitely will return !!Special Features:
- Food was way overpriced forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013Food was way overpriced for taste. The patio setting And views were outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful food in a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Wonderful food in a beautiful setting with an outstanding scenic view.Special Features:
- anniversary dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013We enjoyed our evening with friends at Signature Grill. The Surf and Turf was very good, filet cooked to perfection. The waitress was very pleasant, service was prompt. The ambiance and view of the city from the patio made the evening a special one. We are looking forward to our next visit to Signature Grill. We especially enjoyed the easy listening live acoustic guitar playing on your patio.Special Features:
- Started off with the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Started off with the waiter forgetting to place the order for the couple appetizer dishes. One guest had to return his seafood dish for an unpalatable flavor. Seems several of our party made a comment about their dishes not being either flavorful, overcooked, dry, all that type thing. The waiter on the other hand did make a genuine attempt to do his best to fix our concerns which was nice. He still brought the appetizers but at no charge. Again, a nice gesture so that we could at least sample them. A let down that things couldn't have been better since they weren't all that busy at the peak of the dinner hour. The resort is beautiful, the restaurant pleasing as well. We are locals who were there to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2013Excellent food and service. The setting is beautiful with many options for enjoying the views. Everything was better than we expected.Special Features:
- The pork carnitas specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/27/2013The pork carnitas special for the night was fabulous!Special Features:
- Great views from this restaurantLuv2dineVIPDined on 2/19/2013Great views from this restaurant but weather quite cold so no patio seating. Food was good my two friends had the salmon entrée Which was quite good. I had the short rib dinner served with fresh corn tortillas also very good. They bring freshly made breads to the table which are baked on premises that was fantastic. Try the nut encrusted lavash bread ...amazing. Margaritas are made fresh they were very good, only issue to me was the service. To me for this level resort the service was uneven. Slow to clear appetizers away, slow to clear the entrées away. Waiter seemed quick at the beginning of dinner and then must have gotten busy so not back at the table to check Often. Need manager to quicken the pace.Special Features:
- Best Experience in a Very Long TimeuapharmDined on 2/15/2013This was truly one of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had. The staff were very friendly and their service was perfect. Even though their patio is usually closed during the Winter, they made special arrangements for my girlfriend and I to sit there upon my request. I will definitely be frequenting this restaurant more often!Special Features:
- A perfect evening and absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013A perfect evening and absolutely delicious meal ... Thank You !Special Features:
- Have ate dinner here aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Have ate dinner here about 7 times now. Food is outstanding, serivce is great and the ambiance is superb. Thank you Signiture grill for a memorable dining experience again.Special Features: