130 Warwick St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.signaturecafe.net/
- Phone: 6123780237
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Derek Grams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Signature Cafe
Casual dining with great food and great wine to accent your experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Signature Cafe - Best Restaurants in Prospect Park ›
Signature Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (24)special occasion (24)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Fun Wine Tasting DinnerRita913Dined on 10/15/2014We went to a 5 course dinner, with wine flight from Airfield winery. While we had no choice in food selection, there was a wide variety of dishes, and everything was pretty yummy, with the exception of dessert, which did not quite hit the mark. We started with a palate cleanser of peach sorbet, then salmon mousse with pita wedges, then roasted beet salad with chevre and brandywine tomato dressing, then beef/lamb meatloaf (an enormous portion) with yam and parsnip purees, and finally, a baked apple. The baked apple was difficult to eat, since our knives had been removed, and I felt the white cheddar cheese it was filled with was too sharp for the sweet dessert wine provided. Overall, a wonderful meal, good company and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first of many timesOttoDined on 10/9/2014The Signature Cafe was recommended to me by a colleague quite a while ago and I finally made it there earlier this week. No I am sorry that I did not go there earlier. What a gem. I had an outstanding pot roast and a fantastic salad before that. I will definitely be there again…many times.Special Features:
- CharmingFarmerJoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Everything about our experience was charming: the food, the service, the neighborhood. Our waiter knew little about the (very limited) white wine selection, which was puzzling. He also really needs to learn how to properly pronounce "bruschetta." Quibbling aside, this place is a gem. Hope it stays in business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeEnjoy2Dined on 9/30/2014Wonderful place for gluten free Tuesday night! The owner was very friendly and we enjoyed talking with him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeDougVIPDined on 9/23/20144th visit to Signature Café--obviously, we enjoy this place! The food, casual & friendly ambiance, and service are always 1st-rate. The business is very community-supportive, an added benefit. Spouse and I shared an app of artichoke gratin which was scrumptious, served w crackers and fresh veggies. For entrées, spouse had the daily risotto special while I chose the daily chicken breast special. Both were delicious! My pan-seared chicken breast was melt-in-your-mouth tender & accompanied by sautéed kale & roasted potatoes. We topped the evening off with their to-die-for flourless chocolate torte. Our server (Derek, also the proprietor) was very friendly and informative. Signature Café is a special and unique place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Off the beaten path in a cute remodeled home turned restaurant. Brunch was amazing with all fresh food for the unlimited four course experience. Would definitely recommend an return. Not for large groups but does have outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fanatastic MealShellyVIPDined on 9/12/2014I dine here often. I brought a friend I haven't seen for several years and chose Signature because it is a good place to have a great meal and be able to talk and catch up. We started with the Artichoke dip. My friend indicated it was the best he had ever eaten. For dinner, I had the scallops (my usual) but Derik agreed to use the Basil Aioli instead of the usual Red Pepper Aioli. Wonderful. The roasted vegetables and roasted potatoes were delicious. My friend had the pasta. We both ended up taking leftovers home. Could not leave without the flourless chocolate cake. The evening was wonderful- we had a chance to really talk without being rushed. We will return.Special Features:
- Best seafood this summerhappymomDined on 9/8/2014The salmon was the best I've had all summer; and one of the best ever. Plus the side dishes are amazing...some veggies are straight from a local garden (local meaning in the neighborhood!) It doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:
- Signature is fabulous!HannahDined on 9/7/2014We've enjoyed the wine dinners and wine pairing many times, and we are never disappointed! If you want run-of-the-mill food, don't go here! If you want inventive options, check it out! Derek is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice! Really great foodbootsDined on 9/4/2014This is charming and the food is wonderful. I very much appreciate the fresh produceSpecial Features:
- Neigborhood charmMalkaDined on 8/29/2014Menu was diverse and tasty, however, a little expensive for my taste. The service and ambiance were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and serviceBozoDined on 8/29/2014This cozy cafe in a residential neighborhood serves delicious food.Special Features:
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We had a toddler with us and they were very accommodating on both our reservation on open table and in how they treated our group. We felt welcomed. They run with a very small staff, but it wasn't a problem.Special Features:
- PoppyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food quality was very uneven. Duck confit was very good, but the pasta special was awful--tasteles pasta floating in the cooking water (was not drained) with overcooked vegetables and no hint of spice or flavor.Special Features:
- Table for TwoLynnireneDined on 8/14/2014We arrived early for our 11:00 lunch on a Thursday. We asked for a table outside. There were no other customers, inside or outside. We were seated at a small table for two. We decided to move to a larger table and were put back on this small wobbly table for two. The waiter explained that groups of 4 or more would have to wait if we occupied a larger table. No Other Customers arrived. We were there one hour and No One Else Came. The menu is diversified and the food was delicious. The waiter was attentive, but hey, no other customers. We used the womens restroom before we left, and it was Not Pleasant....Special Features:
- Signature cafe is outstandingMayorOfJerktownDined on 8/4/2014Second time I have eaten at Signature cafe. Tucked away in Se, on the edge of St Paul (Think university & 280 or over franklin bridge where southeast meets St. Paul.) Four star food, good portions, and ethics to boot! Food is local, fresh and beautifully prepared. Service was top notch, our server was attentive, super polite and helpful with suggestions. Ambiance is warm-feeling. A lot of wood and cute interior, great for a romantic night off the beaten path. My favorite new date night spot. Amazing deals on wine though the week, check the website.Special Features:
- Brunch DelightConstanceDined on 8/3/2014Being gluten free can sometimes be a challenge when dining out. Both myself and my friend were served a gluten free brunch at this delightful restaurant.Special Features:
- Signature CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I liked the food, but found the experience a little strange. My husband and I were put in an isolated corner even though only three tables were filled on the other side of the restaurant. We could not really see the other tables so it felt like we were eating in an empty restaurant. The waiter, who was nice, seemed hurried. As soon as he sat us, he listed all of the specials as if he didn't do it that minute, he might not be able to find time to help us. He returned in less than five minutes to take or order. I had scallops which were cooked perfectly, my husband order pork which he liked as well. Interesting experience, good food, but I do not plan to return.Special Features:
- LovelyggmspVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great little place, with a solid point of view. Derek proves that locally-sourced doesn't need to mean "frou-frou", with good, solid meals prepared simply and presented elegantly. The little patio is a gem.Special Features:
- Gluten Free BirthdayKW151RTDined on 7/22/2014We knew that Tuesday was Gluten Free day at Signature so we headed there for a GF 70th with 2 thirty-somethings in tow. All were happy and well fed.Special Features:
- It's always a pleasurewonderfulDined on 7/16/2014I call it the best kept secret in Minneapolis. I've always gotten excellent service and amazing food. It's my favorite place to go. When I want to go out for a really nice meal, I go there. And I can feel good knowing I'm supporting local people who buy food from local farmers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous patioJamesDined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Signature many times. Food and service are great. It is especially nice on a pleasant evening to sit on their quiet patio. Great neighborhood place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab!!ConstanceDined on 6/25/2014We are constantly amazed at this little gem of a place. The food is delicious, presented well and since it is a small place the noise level is low, a good thing for my husband who is hard of hearing. We can actually have a conversation without yelling just to be heard a cross the table. We would recommend this to anyone who enjoyed a unique choice of menu items grown on local farms. With each meal they serve they turn around donate to feed a person in need. Amazing!!!!Special Features:
- dsbjDined on 6/25/2014Nice little spot, cozy and food was good. Waitperson was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Signature Cafe reviews archive.
- 2nd visit with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Very creative meals, delicious combinations. Because this is a very small-scale restaurant our only disappointment was some of the foods were sold-out before our 7:30 reservation. Guess we'll just have to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs workFoodrusVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food just didn't make the grade. An onion soup that was sour, potatoes rosti were tater tots, rosotto bland and overcooked. I must say the carrots and duck was good. One chardonnay on the wine list was from Bulgaria and was described to us as on the sweet side. With a revamp of the menu this could be a fun neighborhood place, even has a nice patio on the side.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014The food reflected creative pairings, with excellent flavors. The short ribs were very stringy and tough but tasted so good I didn't complain. Wines were excellent. They were able to easily accommodate gluten and dairy restricted diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming neighborhood bistrodiscerningeaterDined on 5/29/2014The Signature has been around for awhile, but it's been under new ownership of a couple years now. I love this little restaurant for exactly what it is: a charming neighborhood bistro with an excellent kitchen. We sat outside on the patio, shared a bottle of wine and three different entrees. A most pleasant evening. Great service, too: friendly, knowledgeable, appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true "neighborhood gem"JamesDined on 5/29/2014This place defines the term. Tucked away on a quiet residential street with a wonderful outdoor patio. Food never disappoints. Friendly service & very community oriented. Risotto & pasta daily specials are always good. Pot roast is a signature dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotADMplsDinerDined on 5/28/2014I'm always looking for a nice patio and a menu that is perfect for lunch. Signature accomplishes both and I highly recommend it for business or just catching up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemPeteDined on 5/20/2014Building on great neighborhood tradition, Derek and the staff have enhanced the ambiance and the meal offering.. Service is extraordinary. This is one of the Twin Cities secret gems hidden away on a residential street in Prospect Park, yet close to great freeway access. There is lot a creativity in the menu and meal preparation and detail that will appeal to just about everyone. Their special events including wine tastings and wine dinners are really great fun, as well as being very educational and a great value. Signature's is a place to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT LunchRobertDined on 5/14/2014First time for lunch at Signature Café. It was a wonderful lunch treat. Great food (had the specials) and service was excellant. Servers timing was perfect.Special Features:
- Great Food/Slow ServiceNoGlutenPleaseDined on 5/11/2014We loved the food for the Sunday Mother's Day brunch and so appreciated the attention to yummy gluten-free options. Everything was very tasty and a real treat. However, we were there for 2 and 1/2 hours. That's nice and relaxing if you're planning for it. But it cut more than an hour off the time I got to spend with my son following our meal. Our waitress was very friendly but too friendly, standing and talking to us too long. If you want to stay in business you must cut down the service time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2014The brunch was delicious and the restaurant is charming. We especially liked the music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014Moderately priced meals with very fresh and locally sourced food. Nice assortment of good home cooking and some niche and/or gluten free entre's.Special Features:
- Good was great. Service was poor.BettyVIPDined on 4/27/2014I'd only recommend it for the food. After waiting for coffee and having to ask for it a couple times, our server stood there in front of us and told us about his oh so busy evening the night before and how his bus trip took two hours and blah blah blah. This was after he claimed that he "spaced out" on placing my order and laughed about it. Then he told us how he was busy, when there were only three other patrons. Heaven forbid they actually were busy. Step up the service and we'll think about coming back. Also, my husband and I couldn't help but notice the huge spiderweb in the window, on the inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out for lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2014We picked the Signature Cafe for the Dine Out For Life event recently. It had been years since I had been there. It's a very lovely, simple place. The menu isn't huge (maybe a dozen main dishes), but there seemed to be something for everyone. I had the pot roast this time which actually fell a little flat. There wasn't much seasoning and it was a little dry (even with the provided au jus). But the roasted vegis and garlic mashed were excellent. The chicken pasta dish went over well. We'd go back to try a few more things, plus to check out the patio when it's warmer. Just a great little spot in the middle of a quiet neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendShellyVIPDined on 4/21/2014Excellent, consistent food. Service was outstanding as I have always found it to be. How the chef can consistently cook the scallops so they are always tender and flavorful is beyond me! Best I have ever had. My son had the pasta special with scallops and he doesn't even like scallops. He loves them at Signature. We had the pulled pork flatbread appetizer which was also excellent as was the flourless Chocolate Cake. We come here often and have never had a complaint of any sort. Love Signature Cafe! We even made new friends with the couple at the next table - they had the scallops also and raved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchJoelTheEatsterDined on 4/20/2014My partner and I had a great time the portions of the family style were stingy but very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New TraditionwineanddineDined on 4/20/2014We had a beautiful Easter brunch at Signatures Cafe. As a diabetes educator I appreciated the healthy food choices and the quality ingredients. I also liked that they served appropriate serving sizes. Our waitress told us we could have more of each course (at no additional cost as part of the brunch) but we all felt like we really didn't need it. It was a great dining experience. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.