130 Warwick St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.signaturecafe.net/
- Phone: (612) 378-0237
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Derek Grams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Signature Cafe
Casual dining with great food and great wine to accent your experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Signature Cafe - Best Restaurants in Prospect Park ›
Signature Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (23)special occasion (23)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First timersLindaVIPDined on 11/19/2014Beautiful dining room and the service was impeccable. Overall it was ok. I always give a restaurant a second chance the first time I dine there. The food was just ok for the price we paid. It could have been an off night for the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placeLisaHDined on 11/8/2014Found the Signature cafe for an evening out with my husband, (who's very picky BTW). The food was awesome! I love that its tucked into a neighborhood amongst homes. Very nice place, would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing good vibe.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014Hard to explain, but this place could be wonderful, but is missing some je ne sais quoi. A bit more attention to plating, a bit more attention to complementary flavors, and a bit more attention to atmosphere. I only gave 3 stars because of the value due to what it is missing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bwellVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had exceptional service, and the servers were really enjoyable to talk to. The food was YUMMI, especially the pot roast and pork dishes. It was great that they offered two sides and had a great variety to choose from. The wine selection was good and really loved the vintage and warm environment. Everyone that ordered desert raved about the decadent flourless chocolate cake to the bread pudding & marzipan. Cudos to listing gluten-free options to make it easier to choose. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JenZDined on 10/24/2014Fabulous food and wonderful service. We really enjoyed it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014A hidden gem. Really appreciate that it is a quiet dinning experience. Of course fabulous food too!Special Features:
- Fun Wine Tasting DinnerRita913Dined on 10/15/2014We went to a 5 course dinner, with wine flight from Airfield winery. While we had no choice in food selection, there was a wide variety of dishes, and everything was pretty yummy, with the exception of dessert, which did not quite hit the mark. We started with a palate cleanser of peach sorbet, then salmon mousse with pita wedges, then roasted beet salad with chevre and brandywine tomato dressing, then beef/lamb meatloaf (an enormous portion) with yam and parsnip purees, and finally, a baked apple. The baked apple was difficult to eat, since our knives had been removed, and I felt the white cheddar cheese it was filled with was too sharp for the sweet dessert wine provided. Overall, a wonderful meal, good company and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first of many timesOttoDined on 10/9/2014The Signature Cafe was recommended to me by a colleague quite a while ago and I finally made it there earlier this week. No I am sorry that I did not go there earlier. What a gem. I had an outstanding pot roast and a fantastic salad before that. I will definitely be there again…many times.Special Features:
- CharmingFarmerJoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Everything about our experience was charming: the food, the service, the neighborhood. Our waiter knew little about the (very limited) white wine selection, which was puzzling. He also really needs to learn how to properly pronounce "bruschetta." Quibbling aside, this place is a gem. Hope it stays in business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeEnjoy2Dined on 9/30/2014Wonderful place for gluten free Tuesday night! The owner was very friendly and we enjoyed talking with him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeDougVIPDined on 9/23/20144th visit to Signature Café--obviously, we enjoy this place! The food, casual & friendly ambiance, and service are always 1st-rate. The business is very community-supportive, an added benefit. Spouse and I shared an app of artichoke gratin which was scrumptious, served w crackers and fresh veggies. For entrées, spouse had the daily risotto special while I chose the daily chicken breast special. Both were delicious! My pan-seared chicken breast was melt-in-your-mouth tender & accompanied by sautéed kale & roasted potatoes. We topped the evening off with their to-die-for flourless chocolate torte. Our server (Derek, also the proprietor) was very friendly and informative. Signature Café is a special and unique place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Off the beaten path in a cute remodeled home turned restaurant. Brunch was amazing with all fresh food for the unlimited four course experience. Would definitely recommend an return. Not for large groups but does have outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fanatastic MealShellyVIPDined on 9/12/2014I dine here often. I brought a friend I haven't seen for several years and chose Signature because it is a good place to have a great meal and be able to talk and catch up. We started with the Artichoke dip. My friend indicated it was the best he had ever eaten. For dinner, I had the scallops (my usual) but Derik agreed to use the Basil Aioli instead of the usual Red Pepper Aioli. Wonderful. The roasted vegetables and roasted potatoes were delicious. My friend had the pasta. We both ended up taking leftovers home. Could not leave without the flourless chocolate cake. The evening was wonderful- we had a chance to really talk without being rushed. We will return.Special Features:
- Best seafood this summerhappymomDined on 9/8/2014The salmon was the best I've had all summer; and one of the best ever. Plus the side dishes are amazing...some veggies are straight from a local garden (local meaning in the neighborhood!) It doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:
- Signature is fabulous!HannahDined on 9/7/2014We've enjoyed the wine dinners and wine pairing many times, and we are never disappointed! If you want run-of-the-mill food, don't go here! If you want inventive options, check it out! Derek is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice! Really great foodbootsDined on 9/4/2014This is charming and the food is wonderful. I very much appreciate the fresh produceSpecial Features:
- Neigborhood charmMalkaDined on 8/29/2014Menu was diverse and tasty, however, a little expensive for my taste. The service and ambiance were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and serviceBozoDined on 8/29/2014This cozy cafe in a residential neighborhood serves delicious food.Special Features:
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We had a toddler with us and they were very accommodating on both our reservation on open table and in how they treated our group. We felt welcomed. They run with a very small staff, but it wasn't a problem.Special Features:
- PoppyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food quality was very uneven. Duck confit was very good, but the pasta special was awful--tasteles pasta floating in the cooking water (was not drained) with overcooked vegetables and no hint of spice or flavor.Special Features:
- Table for TwoLynnireneDined on 8/14/2014We arrived early for our 11:00 lunch on a Thursday. We asked for a table outside. There were no other customers, inside or outside. We were seated at a small table for two. We decided to move to a larger table and were put back on this small wobbly table for two. The waiter explained that groups of 4 or more would have to wait if we occupied a larger table. No Other Customers arrived. We were there one hour and No One Else Came. The menu is diversified and the food was delicious. The waiter was attentive, but hey, no other customers. We used the womens restroom before we left, and it was Not Pleasant....Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014This restaurant is amazing and perfect great food amazing wine list. Perfect place for a date or dinner. The sea scallops are the best I have had and the salmon was perfect. I would recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature cafe is outstandingMayorOfJerktownDined on 8/4/2014Second time I have eaten at Signature cafe. Tucked away in Se, on the edge of St Paul (Think university & 280 or over franklin bridge where southeast meets St. Paul.) Four star food, good portions, and ethics to boot! Food is local, fresh and beautifully prepared. Service was top notch, our server was attentive, super polite and helpful with suggestions. Ambiance is warm-feeling. A lot of wood and cute interior, great for a romantic night off the beaten path. My favorite new date night spot. Amazing deals on wine though the week, check the website.Special Features:
- Brunch DelightConstanceDined on 8/3/2014Being gluten free can sometimes be a challenge when dining out. Both myself and my friend were served a gluten free brunch at this delightful restaurant.Special Features:
- Signature CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I liked the food, but found the experience a little strange. My husband and I were put in an isolated corner even though only three tables were filled on the other side of the restaurant. We could not really see the other tables so it felt like we were eating in an empty restaurant. The waiter, who was nice, seemed hurried. As soon as he sat us, he listed all of the specials as if he didn't do it that minute, he might not be able to find time to help us. He returned in less than five minutes to take or order. I had scallops which were cooked perfectly, my husband order pork which he liked as well. Interesting experience, good food, but I do not plan to return.Special Features:
- The following 118 reviews are from the Signature Cafe reviews archive.
- LovelyggmspVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great little place, with a solid point of view. Derek proves that locally-sourced doesn't need to mean "frou-frou", with good, solid meals prepared simply and presented elegantly. The little patio is a gem.Special Features:
- Gluten Free BirthdayKW151RTDined on 7/22/2014We knew that Tuesday was Gluten Free day at Signature so we headed there for a GF 70th with 2 thirty-somethings in tow. All were happy and well fed.Special Features:
- It's always a pleasurewonderfulDined on 7/16/2014I call it the best kept secret in Minneapolis. I've always gotten excellent service and amazing food. It's my favorite place to go. When I want to go out for a really nice meal, I go there. And I can feel good knowing I'm supporting local people who buy food from local farmers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous patioJamesDined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Signature many times. Food and service are great. It is especially nice on a pleasant evening to sit on their quiet patio. Great neighborhood place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Went out with friends. Had a lovely outside table. Two of us were vegetarian and two were not, we all found very good meals to our liking and the staff was very helpful!Special Features:
- Fab!!ConstanceDined on 6/25/2014We are constantly amazed at this little gem of a place. The food is delicious, presented well and since it is a small place the noise level is low, a good thing for my husband who is hard of hearing. We can actually have a conversation without yelling just to be heard a cross the table. We would recommend this to anyone who enjoyed a unique choice of menu items grown on local farms. With each meal they serve they turn around donate to feed a person in need. Amazing!!!!Special Features:
- dsbjDined on 6/25/2014Nice little spot, cozy and food was good. Waitperson was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Very creative meals, delicious combinations. Because this is a very small-scale restaurant our only disappointment was some of the foods were sold-out before our 7:30 reservation. Guess we'll just have to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs workFoodrusVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food just didn't make the grade. An onion soup that was sour, potatoes rosti were tater tots, rosotto bland and overcooked. I must say the carrots and duck was good. One chardonnay on the wine list was from Bulgaria and was described to us as on the sweet side. With a revamp of the menu this could be a fun neighborhood place, even has a nice patio on the side.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014The food reflected creative pairings, with excellent flavors. The short ribs were very stringy and tough but tasted so good I didn't complain. Wines were excellent. They were able to easily accommodate gluten and dairy restricted diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming neighborhood bistrodiscerningeaterDined on 5/29/2014The Signature has been around for awhile, but it's been under new ownership of a couple years now. I love this little restaurant for exactly what it is: a charming neighborhood bistro with an excellent kitchen. We sat outside on the patio, shared a bottle of wine and three different entrees. A most pleasant evening. Great service, too: friendly, knowledgeable, appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true "neighborhood gem"JamesDined on 5/29/2014This place defines the term. Tucked away on a quiet residential street with a wonderful outdoor patio. Food never disappoints. Friendly service & very community oriented. Risotto & pasta daily specials are always good. Pot roast is a signature dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotADMplsDinerDined on 5/28/2014I'm always looking for a nice patio and a menu that is perfect for lunch. Signature accomplishes both and I highly recommend it for business or just catching up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemPeteDined on 5/20/2014Building on great neighborhood tradition, Derek and the staff have enhanced the ambiance and the meal offering.. Service is extraordinary. This is one of the Twin Cities secret gems hidden away on a residential street in Prospect Park, yet close to great freeway access. There is lot a creativity in the menu and meal preparation and detail that will appeal to just about everyone. Their special events including wine tastings and wine dinners are really great fun, as well as being very educational and a great value. Signature's is a place to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT LunchRobertDined on 5/14/2014First time for lunch at Signature Café. It was a wonderful lunch treat. Great food (had the specials) and service was excellant. Servers timing was perfect.Special Features: