Sign of the Whale
6 Harbor Point Road
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sign of the Whale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.signofthewhalect.com/
- Phone: (203) 883-8282
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 1:00 am
Friday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:00 am
Sunday: 11:30 am - 1:00 am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sign of the Whale
Sign of the Whale is set to open in August of 2014, at the brand new waterfront development - Harbor Point in Stamford, CT. Sign of the Whale is a 10,000 square foot venue with a one of kind 5,000 square foot roof top beer garden overlooking the Long Island Sound. The restaurant will be open daily for lunch and dinner and boast a vibrant nightlife with DJs Thursday through Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sign of the Whale reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (15)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014While the food was good, the service was bad. The server didn't come to see us for a while, we waited for drinks a long time, 1 of the water glasses had lipstick all over it (eww), and when we finally got our food, he was nowhere to be found...
- waterVIPDined on 10/31/2014the decibels were high and the restuarant was only one tenth full. nice service, good food, but could use few more in entree department, not a lot but a few more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!Luv2dineDined on 9/27/2014Great spot for dinner with friends. Loves hanging out on the rooftop after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good and the rooftop a very nice location. The waiter was friendly but despite the good number of staff working there and not a lot of customers for lunch the service was too slow.Special Features:
- Needs a little improvementLeighVIPDined on 9/17/2014this is a great place for a fun drink with friends! The burger and shrimp risotto are stand outs. Other things like the truffle french fries were a soggy disappointment. My biggest issue is consistency with cocktail orders. I have ordered the "Sailor's Daughter" on multiple nights and each time there is something different about the drink. I also think that having a daily special would be a great addition as those who live in the area can only have the same thing so many times. Sign of the Whale is great for Sunday football or rooftop bar. Food and consistency need work though.Special Features:
- Could be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Service was amazing and the menu, although not large, had a wide array of food choices. We started with buffalo wings and my husband had a pizza and I had the mahi mahi. Everything would have been amazing with less salt! The chef melded great ingredients together and it was a shame that the heavy hand with the salt shaker ( even in the wings and amazing homemade pizza dough) ruined it. Other then that it was a great place to try. If you are a vodka drinker try the yummy cucumber vodka they serveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014Menu was limited due to chef was trying to get used to the choices Then they shouldn't have opened
- Poor foodEatloveprayfoodDined on 8/28/2014I was disappointed with my dinner, ordered GRILLED Srimp tacos (that' what its written in the menu) instead I got over cooked shell tacos with cold shrimp (it was tasteless) We will give them another try in a few months when they have their full menu to offer. They opened 2 weeks ago so the food options were very limited.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Went w/a group & had drinks at the roof top bar which was a nice outlook of how it could be once the area is renovated. The cocktails was however bland! Attempted to dine downtstairs but had very limited menu since they were having a soft opening & apps that we tried were very disappointing! Bread/toast for the hummus was stale & empanadas were pretty empty & tasted worse than out of a frozen box. Yes it's soft opening but the good you offer should be of satisfying quality to attract more business. Service was fine til we spoke to mgr about the quality of the food & could only deduct 30% of the food items even though we didn't even eat it. We left shortly after not eating anything else & went to Paloma across the street, which was Devine!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Sign of the Whale reviews archive.