Dallas, TX 75287Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siestabistro.com/
- Phone: 214 4843238x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00 Am - 9:00 Pm
Friday - Saturday : 11:00 Am - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Mediterranean, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Personal to your home, for any event.
A word from Siesta Bistro
North Mediterranean Cuisine with Wood Fire PizzaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Siesta Bistro - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Siesta Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- the restaurant is on a businessBillyDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant is closing went out of business.. they forgot to inform their business contacts such as you open table.
- We had a good time!BelomorVIPDined on 5/23/2014Nice place, greatly decorated, very good food. Both our fish dishes were excellent, as was meat and cheese tray. And it is BYOB. Loved their Turkish coffees and feature filo dough desert.
- Neighborhood Gem!Like2EatVIPDined on 5/21/2014We've lived in this area for 22 years and keep an eye out for new, delicious neighborhood gems. We were very pleased and will return soon. Enjoyed the BYOB option to bring your favorite vino to have with your meal. Our 2 appetizers, pizza and 2 pasta dishes were all tasty and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great find!LynneDined on 5/11/2014New and fabulous ambience. Friendly management and great service. Food is delicious and fresh.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Siesta Bistro reviews archive.
- Something happenedbigbearVIPDined on 5/2/2014Not at all the same experience as before. It's as if they changed chefs and/or suppliers...
- Truly a neighborhood gemsuzqDined on 4/30/2014This was our second visit. On our first visit we had the lamb and chicken kabobs with risotto. Everything was delicious and the service was great. The restaurant is BYOB for now, with no corkage fee. On our latest visit, which was during the week, we were surprised that we were the only customers the whole time we were there, except for 2 people picking up pizzas. This time we tried the spinach & artichoke dip (delicious) and the margarita pizza (also delicious). For dessert the signature dish, kunefe, which was good but a little too sweet for my taste. I hope business picks up for this restaurant, as it is a welcome change from all the chains.Special Features:
- New Restaurant - Great PotentialTimoteoVIPDined on 4/25/2014Siesta Bistro is a neighborhood strip center restaurant - the restaurant is owned by a Turkish family and everyone is warm and accommodating. The food is simple but very good - especially the lamb. Remember to take your vino - they do not charge a corkage fee. I hope they are very successfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfull bdayloloDined on 4/13/2014Did not pay attention that we waled in to the wrong restaurant which is an Italian restaurant right next .all we could smell was the fried garlic!!! And i look at her and she asked me if this was a joke... And linda got up and literatly walked off and the witress said "that looks like something thy would serve next door to us" so i ran after her and explained that it was my mistake for not readding the name on the entrance..so we came inside of the other restaurante and wow! The smell, the decoration, the music everything was so perfect and food was very deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I tried it!travellingmegsDined on 4/12/2014I had read some reviews about how great the food was here, so I made a reservation for a Saturday night. I went with my boyfriend for our anniversary. When we walked in, every table turned to look at us because there were that few diners (maybe 10 total.) We were seated then ordered drinks. The waiters were very, very young and fumbled around their words. When we got our food, it was exquisite. It was savory and well-worth the price. The waiter, at one point, filled up my boyfriend's Sprite with water and didn't realize it. That was sufficiently awkward. I would love to go back for a quiet, nice, cozy dinner date especially for the great food, but I sort of hope they give their waiters more training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIESTA - A GREAT CHOICE IN DININGcatherneVIPDined on 4/12/2014GO AND TASTE -- AND YOU WILL SEE -- A GREAT RESTAURANT. BON APPETITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodlovethisplaceVIPDined on 4/6/2014everything was great Mike was our waiter and it was a great meal fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- wonderful staff and servicegetupradioDined on 3/28/2014The food is great and staff is so friendly and superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014My husband & I have eaten at Siesta Bistro a couple of times. We were very satisfied with our food & hope this place survives. Each time we were their for lunch, we were the only customers. I just looked up their menu & it says they are now closed. So sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impresses our guestsBillDined on 3/14/2014Our Pennsylvania guests were very favorably impressed with the lamb and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty bare-bonesDocSavageVIPDined on 3/12/2014Very small menu. Working on a liquor license. Flatware is pretty cheap-looking. Food was OK. Place was almost empty on a weeknight. They have some improving to do.
- Appetizers and pizza are great!Good2GoVIPDined on 3/8/2014Really good food and great service. Bring your own bottle, get the cigar rolls and a pizza (any of them) and you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Great ServiceGood2GoVIPDined on 2/21/2014You can go to Siesta Bistro for something casual or special because, either way, you will fit right in. The food is really good, very reasonably priced and the service is great. The spinach artichoke dip, cigar rolls, pizza and their signature dessert Kunefe are all really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot!PascualetxVIPDined on 2/15/2014Tried Siesta based on the positive reviews I had read. I was not disappointed. While the ambience was nothing special by Dallas standards, the food and the service were top notch. My one complaint would be this...the appetizer platter featured baba ganoush and hummus...both were served deliberately chilled. Nothing wrong with them, I just would have preferred them warmed or room temp at least. The salad was delicious, as was the kebob and lamb chop platter with risotto. And the dessert was fabulous. I'd never had this particular dish and I can't remember what it's called. It's made with phyllo dough that is finely shredded, and them baked with a sweet cheese, and served with a honey based syrup....just wonderful. We will be back for sure!!!Special Features:
- Not Ready for the showDuskyEPlVIPDined on 2/14/2014An unfortunate and disappointing situation for Siesta. Based on previous reviews we were excited that there might be a good neighborhood location nearby an alternative to the popular restaurant areas. Friday night we had reservations at 7:30 and they sate us promptly it took about 5 minutes for the waiter to bring us menus and take our drink order. We then waited about 20 minutes before we were able to place our order, we were OK with it because they were busy and you can tell the staff was young and had little experience. An additional 30 minuets go by and we had not received our appetizer.After an hour of sitting we left told the waiter and he just looked at us and said ok. They were not ready to accommodate their sitting arrangement.
- Neighborhood gemPixieVIPDined on 2/14/2014It is so fantastic to have this great little European cafe in Carrollton! Mike is great and really makes you feel welcome. Can hardly wait for the bar to open but for now it is BYOB. The food is really tasty like home cooking with a flair. I highly recommend this quaint neighborhood bistro. Good for lunch too. Service is very accomoodatiing. I will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Fantastic!1111Dined on 2/13/2014Loved the food- appetizers, salads, entrees and dessert. Tasted fresh and the fried appetizers were just right- no oily taste and hot! Highly recommend and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place, needs a little helpreallyVIPDined on 1/31/2014It appears to be a father, son and one employee on the Server side then a Mom type in the kitchen. Both young men were attentive but need a bit more experience in the service department. The small Greek salad is a nice size but inconsistent on the amounts of feta to cucumber to olive ratio and a bit over-dressed. The lamb kabobs were overdone and the mushroom risotto had way too much raw onion. Which was not mentioned on the menu. The lamb shank is a large portion - bone in. Nothing of note - other than this is a BYOB place which is always a plus in my book.
- Great place to gather with friendsKatiuskaDined on 1/25/2014The restaurant is really nice, well located, is BYOB and has plenty of room to accommodate groups if you want to get together with your friends. We had a great time and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #3rd timetitoVIPDined on 1/10/2014Love the easy location .... Somewhere the food failed this time / will give another try / for pizza.Special Features:
- Siesta FiestamrpeteDined on 1/3/2014Went with a friend at the recommendation of numerous members of our neighborhood group (Nextdoor) and we were pleased bt the menu offerings (variety). Had a Mediterranean pizza, which was really nice---not overdone: not a "Chicago" or New York" style of everything imaginable---although I love those too---but FRESH. The shrimp dish, likewise, was very tasty, plenty of food, and fresh, properly seasoned, and a definite one to repeat. I will go again for sure, try something else, and expect it to be just as good. Sound level I noted as moderate, although really, it was one trio of diners at next table that provided all the "extra" sound. The waitstaff were very attentive, polite, and knowledgeable about the menu items. BYOB at this point.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantJJohVIPDined on 12/31/2013I absolutely love this place! I've been 4 times now and it's been great. Excellent food, great service. It's BYOB too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseSherylVIPDined on 12/10/2013We had not heard about the bistro before and on a last minute whim tried it out. We were not disappointed. The salad and Cornish hen were great and I definitely recommend the limoncello cake for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.