Sierra Bonita Grill
6933 North 7th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Sierra Bonita Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sierrabonitagrill.com/
- Phone: 6022640700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Scottie Bissell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Sierra Bonita Catering can bring the great tastes of Sierra Bonita Grill to your home or business.
Contact Erin Weldon at 602-821-6124 or Julie Beer-Breuer at 602-570-0686 for more information about our catering possibilities.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room can serve up to 50 people and divided into two separate rooms.
Private Wine Room can seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Johnson 6022760700
A word from Sierra Bonita Grill
The Sierra Bonita Grill is named after the historic Sierra Bonita Ranch in South Eastern Arizona. Founded by Henry Hooker in 1872, the Sierra Bonita Ranch was known for it’s hospitality and innovative ranching methods. We would like to celebrate the spirit represented by Mr. Hooker and other pioneer ranches throughout Arizona with our restaurant and hope to continue the tradition of great food and hospitality. Our menu reflects the hearty cooking style of Southern Arizona ranches, many of which were started by Spanish and Mexican families. We will continue to explore the ongoing Mexican and Latin influences on this area’s culture and food. Patio seating available to accommodate 30 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Sierra Bonita Grill - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Sierra Bonita Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (15)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (9)great for brunch (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great Meal with Outstanding ServiceGr82eatVIPDined on 9/10/2014I was visiting Phoenix from NY and was looking for a great affordable lunch venue. Sierra Bonita didn't disappoint. Our waiter was very attentive and walked us through the menu and made recommendations. We followed his recommendations and were very pleased we had the Buttermilk Chicken and the Steak dishes and were quite pleased. The salads were also very good, especially the one with Kale and Romaine. We finished our meal with Bread Pudding, which was delicious. If ever I'm in Phoenix again, I'll be sure to visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Hidden GemCruiser66Dined on 8/30/2014We live in the East Valley and happen to see Sierra Bonita Grill, wow, great find in an area with not that many restaurants to pick from, the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm hooked!evepicureanDined on 8/24/2014My parents met my wife and I for a birthday celebration for our first visit to Sierra Bonita Grill. We made a wise choice. We were warmly received by the hostess. Cocktails in the bar were refreshingly unique twists on traditional favorites. Dinner in the dining room was wonderful. The food was fantastic and the waitress was charming and attentive. We all loved the ambiance and the entire experience. Sierra Bonita Grill now rivals my long-standing past favored area restaurant, Richardson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find, Highly RecommendRomanticDined on 8/16/2014This place is an amazing find will definitely recommend! The service is outstanding & atmosphere very nice. Try the Queso Fundido con Chorizo, Pork Osso Bucco (recommend sharing, a large dish) and the Oaxacan Chocolate Soufflé. I do intend on going back!Special Features:
- Marvelous eveningout2dineDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed 3 rounds of appetizers...thoroughly enjoyed the personal attention from the staff.Special Features:
- Second time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014After discovering Sierra Bonita at last year's Devoured, we have been repeat customers and have recommended the place to many of our foodie and wine friends. As we make our way through the many great sounding menus items, we are anxious to get our group together for an evening in the wine cellar. I can live on the Azteca soup and the posole.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Perfect spot for conversational lunch, biz or pleasure. Reservation system on-line is the best ever, and the convenience alone will bring me back when I next schedule a business lunch. I love your food and find everything is fresh, beautiful, a tad unusual in a good way and really really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locally owned/operatedlocallivingDined on 7/10/2014I Love it. I wish I could go more often. Nice staff, good eats, and always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMandaPandaDined on 6/26/2014The food tasted great and our service was wonderful. We sat on the west end of the restaurant which has a patio feel, but was still indoors (great during Phoenix summers). Great place for lunch.Special Features:
- LindakayDined on 6/14/2014Sierra Bonita is my favorite place to dine when you are seeking an amazing meal. The food is ALWAYS outstanding and never needs extra seasoning. I've tried many different menu items and every dish simply bursts with flavor. The staff is friendly & courteous. We are never disappointed in any aspect of our experience at Sierra Bonita. From appetizers, salads, main courses & desserts, they are all AMAZING! The manager and owner are usually on hand and often check in with diners to see how their dinner experience is going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!rbwillDined on 6/14/2014We love it - keep coming back and recommend this restaurant all the time!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchDaveHVIPDined on 6/11/2014Sierra Bonita is always a good choice for lunch. Their daily special, today's was fresh halibut, are reliable, affordable and tasty. Today, we also tried the soup special and were very pleased with the results. Sierra Bonita never fails to satisfy.Special Features:
- As usual. Great!Ed2tahoeDined on 6/3/2014SB continues to impress me. The Hopper Poppers and Buttermilk Chicken are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden but worth the effort to findtenniswizDined on 5/25/2014We struggled to find this location as it it nestled between a strip mall and residential area, but once we found it, we were pleasantly treated. The food was excellent. My spouse had the Buttermilk Chicken and I had the Enchiladas Suizas. Both were enjoyed. They must have lit about 100 candles in the place which gave it a nice southwest ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angie900Dined on 5/23/2014Friendly service, consistently great food. Old Arizona atmosphere, great western art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 413 reviews are from the Sierra Bonita Grill reviews archive.
- Sierra BonitaVeemDined on 5/21/2014Even though it is restaurant week, which can be hectic/crowded, we had a wonderful meal. Easy to make reservation, and a nice table was ready for us. We have dined here several times before, and as always, just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014We went for AZ Restaurant Week and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a nice variety of foods available. A couple of items that really stood out were the ceviche, the sweet potatoes that came with the buttermilk chicken and the caramel sauce on the buttermilk pie. They make the caramel sauce and it is rich and creamy. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful exeperiencessc116Dined on 5/17/2014This was my first time here and everything was wonderful. The service was outstanding, from the moment we were greeted when we walked in, until we received our last thank you (of many) before walking out the door. The food was really good, from the first to the last dish and the drink selection was also great. I will be going back for another visit soon and will tell others about it.Special Features:
- southwestern food gemislandboyDined on 5/13/2014went for dinner hoping to enjoy a game at the bar, thinking the patio area would have the setup. It is actually more of a fine dining southwestern food location. Food was fresh and prepared perfectly. Margaritas and all bar beverages are first rate. small tv's in the bar, and not enough seating in the bar are my only complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From worse to worserOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Started before we were seated. The hostess told us we would sit at our table but that we were going to have to move. Now why seat us only to move us? We are with my 90 year old mother in a wheel chair, really. So then the waiter came by and said we would be moving, ok, waiting and waiting to move…comes back to take a drink order, aren't we moving? Oh, no didn't they tell you you're staying here, but can everyone move in a bit so we can get by, again, what really? Ok, so it's Mothers Day, I have had these reservations for dinner, for two months. So why are we treated like cattle? Now for the food, we ordered, waited and waited, three tables were sat after us, got their food, ate and left before we were served. We will never go back there!
- Arizona GemAzDineDined on 5/10/2014Took some out-of-town visitors who wanted an Arizona experience. They were not disappointed. This is Arizona cuisine, and it was delicious! The local art and hospitality put it over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MameVIPDined on 5/10/2014Really enjoyed my meal here. Will certainly return. Delicious is the word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd dateFoodie1Dined on 4/26/2014I wanted to be able to talk, but feel like it was romantic. The food was excellent , and our server was very attentive. We were very impressed with our 2nd date dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeskuggsDined on 4/25/2014Brunch, lunch, dinner - all superb. Service is always great and so is the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Unique setting with excellent food and service. Great place to take out of town visitors or folks who have not eaten at Sierra Bonita Grill yet. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Southwestern cuisinejk12Dined on 4/18/2014This is usually one of our favorites as we visit it whenever we are in town. However, this night was just average. The bacon shrimp app was very good, but the pork tenderloin with vanilla sauce was not as good as in the past. We thought it was kind of pricey compared to times in the past. 4 stars was based on other visits, and we will try again, it may have been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine.4somewithboys2008and2010Dined on 4/4/2014Great food and wine. Wine list is a little short but has good options. Kids options are short too (no menu but has about 5 options and willing to make something work). Waitress was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodNortheasternerDined on 3/31/2014Sierra Bonita has considerable charm, especially the back room with fireplace. The food is reliably good, not outstanding, Southwestern/Mexican style. Service is good and very friendly. This is a "homey" place and will remain on our list to visit regularly.Special Features:
- Made a last-minute reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014Made a last-minute reservation and got there a few minutes late. The ta ble was ready and we were greeted with a smile. The food was excellent - well prepared, well presented, and very flavorful. There was a person in our group who needed gluten-free options and the server was very knowledgeable about that. They did make a mistake on the drink order,but other than that and a little too much attentoin from the server, it was fine. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant has great foodrbwillDined on 3/21/2014Restaurant has great food and service - chef does a wonderful job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemspringbbDined on 3/21/2014We have eaten here every time we come to Phoenix for the last four years. The food is always excellent. The service is also very good. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !LakemartinloverVIPDined on 3/17/2014This was our fourth visit to sierra Bonita in 2 months and it was just as wonderful as the first visit. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. The pork osso bucco is fantastic. The green chili sauce alone is worth ordering this dish. The pasta dish was a combination of flavors that had me yumming it up. Definitely order Kenny's margaritas! Service is always friendly and efficient. We like the outdoor area and the bartenders wait on you. Not always a good thing but here we have been well cared for and entertained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet celebrationSurvivorDined on 3/6/2014We went in celebration of a special event. Two of the three diners had never eaten at Sierra Bonita and thoroughly enjoyed their experience. I was very pleased my recommendation turned out so well which I felt it would. With a varied menu,welcoming atmosphere and delicious cuisine how could they not enjoy. We each had a different entree and shared bites for a delicious experience. Green pork, wild fish and clams, and chocolate expresso glazed pork loin were our choices.Wow! Delicious. Ambience I.e. Light and noise level ideal for quiet conversation and coherent celebration. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemAZArchitectDined on 3/6/2014It is easy to drive by Sierra Bonita and not even see it, but you shouldn't. It has limited parking, but when it is crowded there is a valet to park. The food has a southwest feel and ranges from sandwiches and burgers on to Buttermilk Chicken and Carne Asada to steaks and seafood. I had fish tacos made with grouper. Save room for the buttermilk pie.Special Features:
- AmazingamazingDined on 2/28/2014I have been meaning to try this place, so when I saw a reservation time open for 10pm on a late dinner night, I booked it fight away. When we got there the manager informed us that the internet was wrong, the kitchen closed at ten, but if we could order promptly, he would hold the kitchen open for us. We had guacamole and fundito, both amazing. Their burgers and carne asada were some of the best we have ever had. We will be back and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!! ThisJulieDined on 2/21/2014Great food and service!! This restaurant is sooo good that you need to get a reservation!! Wonderful food!!!Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/20/2014The food was excellent and the service attentive, we will definitely go back. A little noisy but the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreBrynDined on 2/17/2014The restaurant seemed nice enough upon entering, but when our food came it tasted unseasoned and bland. The queso fundido appetizer was not served hot enough, so we had to tear the cheese apart with knives to get it onto our chips. The espresso rubbed pork tasted simply like pork cooked without spice or flavor. The service was also slow for a Monday night. I would not return, as it simply isn't worth the money. I was surprised by the good amount of reviews this restaurant has, as the food is really just simple and not at all unique.Special Features:
- Southwestern Food in PhoenixPhoenix4theweekendDined on 2/16/2014We were looking to have some authentic Southwestern food with Red and Green chili while we were in town for a conference. Sierra Bonita did not disappoint. I had the Pork Osso Buco which was wonderful. The pork was extremely tender and the flavors were excellent. My wife had the Carne Asada which she said was quite good. The area around the restaurant looked a little industrial so it concerned us a little walking in, but the restaurant itself had a warm rustic elegance to it. The staff were great. You need to come hungry, the portions are large, especially if coupled with appetizers. The prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!Bill11021Dined on 2/15/2014Always great food and service. Have been there many times and keep going back.Special Features: