Sierra Bonita Grill
6933 North 7th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Sierra Bonita Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sierrabonitagrill.com/
- Phone: (602) 264-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Scottie Bissell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Sierra Bonita Catering can bring the great tastes of Sierra Bonita Grill to your home or business.
Contact Erin Weldon at 602-821-6124 or Julie Beer-Breuer at 602-570-0686 for more information about our catering possibilities.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room can serve up to 50 people and divided into two separate rooms.
Private Wine Room can seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Johnson 6022760700
A word from Sierra Bonita Grill
The Sierra Bonita Grill is named after the historic Sierra Bonita Ranch in South Eastern Arizona. Founded by Henry Hooker in 1872, the Sierra Bonita Ranch was known for it’s hospitality and innovative ranching methods. We would like to celebrate the spirit represented by Mr. Hooker and other pioneer ranches throughout Arizona with our restaurant and hope to continue the tradition of great food and hospitality. Our menu reflects the hearty cooking style of Southern Arizona ranches, many of which were started by Spanish and Mexican families. We will continue to explore the ongoing Mexican and Latin influences on this area’s culture and food. Patio seating available to accommodate 30 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Sierra Bonita Grill - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Sierra Bonita Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (15)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Very good but too pricey.ASUgradDined on 9/21/2013Very good but too pricey. $7 for a cup of soup; $10 for a berry tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The special was excellentDaveHVIPDined on 9/19/2013We frequent Sierra Bonita often and enjoy the changing specials as well as their regular fare. Today's special was excellent: we tried both the salmon and the baked cod. Both were served to order (few restaurants understand that fish continues to cook several minutes after it is removed from the heat so it usually arrives overdone) It was seasoned with a unique black bean chorizo paste that was creamed with avocado. The flavor combination was truly inspired.Special Features:
- Always dependably good food,Angie900Dined on 9/18/2013Always dependably good food, nice atmosphere, lively crowd!Special Features:
- Pretty Restaurant, Poor ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2013I want this place to succeed but we've visited 5 times and never have a great experience. If the food is having a good night the service isn't. Servers have apathetic attitude. Please be specific about your happy hour specials on 1/2-priced wine by the glass on the website, there are NO reds for 1/2 and they're served too warm. The trailer is blocking what little signage you have. Attract more business by investing in a large well-lit sign on the South of the building (above entrance) and replace the brand, it's too easy to miss. We lived here over a year before we realized there was a restaurant at an intersection we drive by every day. Avoid canned ingredients and master the staples of the southwest.Best of luck. We'll try again someday.
- SIERRA BONITA GRILLMGPHAASVIPDined on 8/22/2013FOUND THIS ON OPEN TABLE AND WAS EXTREMELY DELIGHTED BY THE FOOD! WILL RETURN AND RECOMMEND TO OTHERS!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely Southwestern FoodMichaelDined on 8/9/2013The Sierra Bonita Grill has some truely unique dishes. We each ordered a different entree and shared because we could not decide. All the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsFilter13Dined on 8/9/2013The food was made perfectly and arrived quickly when ordered. Based off a recommendation from the waiter my wife had the chicken which was delightful. We also order an appetizer and a meal off the specials list which was a truly good choice as there was nothing left on the plate. Feeling full still managed to fit in a dessert which was the icing on the cake. From the friendly helpful staff to the quaint atmosphere this really was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2013Amazing food! I had the NY strip, my girl had the buttermilk chicken. Food was perfectly cooked, service was always at hand without being too pushy, even the guy who took my reservation have me the best inside booth in the house (I requested inside seating, preferably a booth). The waiter gave us a package of house peanut brittle ON THE HOUSE... Not many places that hold a candle to this place at the prices they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southwestern style foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2013Had the bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer, spinach and kale salad, and pork osso bucco, ALL EXCELLENT! Large selection of tequilas too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!IWorkout2EATVIPDined on 7/17/2013Great service, great food! Can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Be sure to get some peanut brittle to take home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonita comidaSierraDined on 7/6/2013SBG sandwich is the best burger I have had. The green chile is great with the fried egg and the ground beef patty with chorizo is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with FlavorletseatoutDined on 6/16/2013I have eaten here several times and each time the food has been very flavorful with a Southwestern flair.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealThePetesDined on 6/7/2013My husband and I went to celebrate our 23rd anniversary on a recommendation from my brother. Wonderful food - I definitely recommend the Hopper's Poppers, a great time and fantastic service. Loved being able to set a reservation online, too.Special Features:
- Liked it so much we went twice!ArkieFoodieVIPDined on 6/5/2013I had been here before on a business dinner with colleagues, so when my husband and I were in Scottsdale on vacation, we made the extra effort to drive into Phoenix to eat at Pueblo Bonita. He was so glad we did -- he loved, loved, loved the green chili pork and said it was the best meal all week. My filet was good, but not great -- a little on the thin side for my taste. We went back the very next night to try the red and green enchiladas, and they were also excellent (and much cheaper than the night before!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. ParkingRoamin2DineDined on 6/1/2013The food was good. Parking at the restaurant is difficult because you must enter the lot from 7th. Street only. The restaurant was warm making it difficult to totally enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- I love this place!Mtimes4Dined on 5/27/2013This was my fourth time to eat at the SBG and I have loved it every time. Each occasion was pretty different (girls happy hour, lunch with a friend, dinner with a friend, and lunch with the family) and the food has been great every time. On the last visit, I was a little disappointed to find that they were out of the soup I ordered (a menu standard) when our reservation was at the time they opened. What?? Oh well, I loved the soup I ended up with and will still go back. I really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch up lunch with my best friendlunchladies77Dined on 5/16/2013My best friend and i try to meet once a month for lunch to catch up with each other. We try different locations that are near her daughter's school so we can spend the maximum time together. When we arrived we were seated immediately and our server brought out our drinks right away too. We both decided quickly on what we wanted and the server returned quickly with our appetizer. We ordered Ceviche and the Azteca soup, both were outstanding. Our server kept our glasses full without interupting our private and somewhat intense conversation. She was kind, helpful, knowledgable and very nice all around. i would highly recommend Sierra Bonita to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLike2DineDined on 5/15/2013This is our seventh or eight time at the restaurant and would be more but it is across town. The food has a unique southwestern flair that works great, I recommend the Fundido & Chips to start or the Guacamole. Green Chile Pork, Carne Asada, or if you are hungry the Pork Osso Bucco. All top notch excellent. Moderate prices. Can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodRichDined on 5/13/2013Food quality was very good. Quantity could be a bit better. They did not have white zin wine....Huh? A bar that runs out of white zin.....Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestLoistinaDined on 5/12/2013We have been there several times & have taken friends & family. Every time the food never disappoints. The pork loin is my husbands favorite. I have had the fish & chicken dinners.. excellent.Special Features:
- Impressed out of towners!GobzafunVIPDined on 5/1/2013Had the specials and they were terrific. Company was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 3 of us and weOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/21/2013There were 3 of us and we all had different dishes. I had the butternut squash soup ---it was fabulous. Their Mexican dishes are all delicious. We have been here many times and intend to continue going. The staff is very knowledgeble, friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Great Food! We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013We enjoyed our first visit to Sierra Bonita Grill and couldn't believe we hadn't been there before this! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful server,Mairin.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013We had a wonderful server,Mairin. She provided excellent service and also fixed an ice tea to go. The food was somewhat spicy for myself yet very tasty and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Again, one of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants in Phoenix, and again, they proved themselves to be one of the best. We went there to celebrate a birthday at lunchtime. It was quieter than dinnertime there, and we enjoyed that. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- This was our third visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013This was our third visit and we enjoyed it again. The mushroom appetizer was way too salty but the entrees were perfection. The bread pudding dessert was phenomenal! The room was quite nosy making conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Delicious! Friendly helpful staff. Definitely am going back!Special Features:
- As usual the food was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013As usual the food was excellent, however for some reason the service was very slow. Ordered drinks at our table and it took 25 minutes to get them Must have been an off nightSpecial Features:
- Great food, good ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013Great food, good ambiance, a little pricey for appetizers but meals price was good. Would recommend to go!!Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Family dinner (kids 7 & 9) while on vacation and kids are still talking about the dessert! No matter what else you get, make sure you try the buttermilk pie and the bread pudding - made with croissants (and no raisins!) Both desserts were some of the best we've ever eaten. I saw someone's mention of elote here on trip advisor and asked the server what it was. Basically, it's just the BEST corn on the cob you will ever taste!!! We ordered it as an appetizer (it's on the 'sides' menu) and were very pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Everything else we had was tasty as well - sangria, buttermilk chicken, the steak (not the tenderloin), and a salad with an interesting basalmic vinegarette. Also had the pork tenderloin which wasSpecial Features:
- I always enjoy the food &JoeyDined on 3/24/2013I always enjoy the food & service, but for a special event or celebrating it is the BEST ! Thanks JoeySpecial Features:
- Nothing I can say is especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Nothing I can say is especially great. Mediocre pretty much sums it up. Waiter did not really know the specials as he read them from notes by rote. Appetizer which we ordered was just chips with salsa and guacamole. The guacamole was not made at the table. Not sure it was freshly made. Had consistency of jar brands. Our entrees were okay. Waiter never checked if we needed or wanted more to drink. In Phoenix if you are tex mex you have mucho competition. You cannot be just okay.
- Great first night in PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013It was our first night in Phoenix. The restaurant was very friendly and they sat us almost immediately. The food was wonderful (from steak, fish and cowboy stew for our table) and it was a nice way to start our trip in Phoenix where most of the restaurants seem to be franchises.Special Features:
- Sierra Bonita Grille is a favorite!RobbieDined on 3/15/2013On my third visit to the Sierra Bonita Grille, I was accompanied by a vegetarian and a very picky eater. My meat-free friend had an Ahi Tuna salad which he enjoyed, my picky friend stuck with a burger done precisely as she liked and I had the pork tenderloin which was tender, done medium rare (as i requested) and topped with a light, exquisite sauce. The guacamole appetizer was very tasty and, as our lovely server suggested, the bread pudding was the best I've ever had. The restaurant was crowded, but the noise level was never intrusive and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLoistinaDined on 3/10/2013We all enjoyed a delicious entree, Best pork ever said 2 guests. Though it was my BD & I had mentioned that on Opentable reserv... they did not acknowledge it at restaurant ;-(Special Features:
- Pass on byPHXfinedinerVIPDined on 3/9/2013The two of us went for the 1st time late afternoon on Saturday. There seemed to be no one in charge. We told 2 people of our OpenTable reservation, but neither recorded it. OpenTable did correct. The food was OK, but one can travel 9 blocks further east for a far superior meal. Just off the bar is what appears to be an old patio that has been enclosed. A bit drab. The young male waiter should perhaps think of working at McDonald's as his serving style would be more appropriate there. Would not return to this restaurant and recommend others avoid.
- The Hopper's Poppers are excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The Hopper's Poppers are excellent. Cowboy Stew is a awesome, but pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent food and cocktails!khazVIPDined on 2/27/2013Excellent food and cocktails! It was very difficult to hear eachother speak in our party of 4, because this place is so popular and always booked.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013Great food and service. Our group all had fish entrees. Salmon special was beautifully prepared and presented. The fish tacos were great also.Special Features:
- Food choices were good. EveryoneGPfromPhoenixDined on 2/21/2013Food choices were good. Everyone in party of four was pleased with what they ordered. Service was good throughout the meal until after we paid the bill. We sat for a while visiting with friends who were in town for that one night. No one came back to the table once bill was paid to refill water or ask if we'd like anything else.Special Features: