22 Market Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siennapgh.com/
- Phone: 4122816363x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday - 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday - 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Porco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: .
- Special Events: Please call 412-281-6363 for information on special events.
A word from Sienna
Voted Best New Restaurant 2013 by Pittsburgh Magazine, Sienna Sulla Piazza, located in downtown Pittsburgh's vibrant Market Square, invites you to experience simple and creative Italian dishes. Enjoy a variety of fresh, flavorful dishes using the highest quality, often locally sourced ingredients. Our full bar including wines from Italy and around the world complement your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sienna - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sienna reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)great for outdoor dining (106)great for lunch (68)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (60)hot spot (53)special occasion (51)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (27)good for groups (16)scenic view (13)late-night find (12)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Certainly SiennaSwenseVIPDined on 10/20/2014Excellent dinner during our last visit. For a very light appetizer, the marinated olives are very good. The handmade papperdelle bolognese was delicious with a sweetness to the sauce with the added carrot pieces. The chicken cacciatore was also very good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantChrisDined on 10/20/2014Sienna is one of my favorite places in the city. The lunch menu is not as interesting as the dinner menu, and the prices are rather high. It would be nice to have some pasta specials at lunch prices. The service from our waitress Nicole was personable, attentive and classy. The music became very loud at times and interfered with conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue skysSeaSDined on 10/18/2014We love the food, service, location,and the adult beveragesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunchJoeyRegularGuyDined on 10/17/2014I frequent here quite a bit and am in love with their beet salad and prosciutto salmon. Service is typically good, prices are reasonable and they have the option of sitting outside. Good place to grab a salad and people watch the folks in Market Square if you work Downtown. I've never been here for dinner.Special Features:
- SiennaSwenseVIPDined on 10/13/2014Getting better, at least comppared to previous visit - red snapper over mac & cheese. Accpetable flavors.Special Features:
- Remains our favorite spotMarscup2VIPDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I eat out quite a bit in the city, and Sienna (market square, not the meatball joint) remains one of our go-to spots. The food is always great. It truly is an outstanding spot to get a great meal. The strachiatella salad with homemade cheese is one of my favorites. I had the pancetta wrapped salmon, and my husband had the gnocchi. Both were great. If you can, get a high-top table...it's a little warmer up near the bar and the noise level is much more manageable.Special Features:
- Too much goat cheeseFoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Ordered the arugula salad with goat cheese and the presentation lacked any creativity and the goat cheese literally covered the entire plate. The meatball flatbread -great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014We chose Sienna for dinner before a show. Short walk was easy to navigate. I think almost everyone in their was doing the same thing. Great dinner choices. Excellent wine menu. Waiter was professional and attentive but not obnoxious. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great Taste, less fillingtraveler0351Dined on 10/5/2014Sienna is a nice small place with a dark earthy decor. Food is prepared well and well seasoned, but portion size is on the small side and prices are on the higher end. I would definitely give the meatballs a miss, not worth $6 each (my Italian grandmother is shaking her head in heaven). Cost for four drinks, one appetizer, one soup, one salad and shared pasta entree was over $100 with tip.Special Features:
- One of the Best.TastefullyYoursDined on 10/3/2014This is one of the best reasonably priced restaurants in Pittsburgh. There are some real high-spots on the menu that we love, but everything is beautifully prepared and always tasty! Great location in the downtown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Time at SiennaPoBoyDined on 10/1/2014Myself and a friend spent nearly four hours at Sienna. When we arrived it was very busy (Pirates playoff game that night) and then it quieted down as the night moved along. The waitress was attentive and they had no problem with me and my friend chatting for about an hour after we paid our check. I had the Bucatini and meatball and it was the best pasta I ever had, perfectly cooked. We sat inside but with the big door open it felt like we were eating out on Market Square. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014Truly homemade pasta. I wish they had a whole wheat option. Try the meatballs!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014A busy restaurant and bar with good atmosphere for pre-theatre , apres sports or après theatre.. excellent waitstaff and a varied menu to make everyone happy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!pghfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Everything was wonderful. Must tries: Chicken liver mousse and the meatballs- both were amazing. The mousse was inventive and flavorful, and the meatballs moist. Everything else we tried: white bean ravioli, prosciutto wrapped salmon, bucatini, were also all delicious. Service was great as well, very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedchefwannabeDined on 9/27/2014All the reviews and the interesting made this restaurant very appealing but it did not live up to its rep. The food was rather bland and the restaurant inflexible. What italian restaurant wont let you replace plain pasta for the starch. When we agreed to a side of plain pasta, we were given a few options as to the type of pasta. Twice the waiter came back daying that they were put of that type. We wont be returning.Special Features:
- Cold foodLiskyDined on 9/27/2014Appetizers were greatness came out quickly, however the entrees took exceptionally long to be delivered and once they arrived 3 of our 4 entrees were cold and tasted like they'd sat under heat lamps too long: the ravioli pastas as hard and dry as was the pork, and the salmon was luke warm and dark on the outside from sitting around too long.Special Features:
- Loved it!hawkmom13Dined on 9/25/2014What a great place! The food was great, the service was wonderful and it had a comfortable atmosphere. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Get the BOLOGNESE! ;-)DondiVIPDined on 9/24/2014Sienna has one of the best bolognese sauces in the city. They serve it on a flat noodle...which, just as a personal preference, I'll check to see if it can be served on a rigatoni or spiral noodle to capture the sauce better. Yum! Try it!Special Features:
- See-enna leaveSwenseVIPDined on 9/22/2014Beet salad was excellent. Service was fine also. Do not be fooled by the "stuffed" veal meatballs - very difficult to find the small piece of cheese inside the meatball. Try other Italian places in the downtown area for better overall experience.
- Great atmosphere & foodapPITTiteDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere here is great for dates or even small group outings. It was also nice they had the front open on a beautiful night to get some fresh air. The service was great, as our server (and I regretfully forget his name) was very good at making sure we were having a great dining experience and kept our wine glasses full. The food was excellent and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great lunchjherdVIPDined on 9/17/2014Food was really good, pasta was a little too al dente for my taste but the sauce had amazing flavor. Great restaurant over all, small so not great for a group but we were able to get a party of 11 in for lunch by splitting to three adjacent tables. Service was great, love the open front into Market Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchFoodieJulDined on 9/16/2014We had a very good lunch. Everything was timed appropriately and the good is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Family OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My boyfriend and I have been fans of Sienna for some time now.. so this was our obvious choice to bring my family when they came to town! Everyone enjoyed the atmosphere and shared that the food was absolutely phenomenal! We all sampled each other's dishes and could not find one thing we did not like at the table! Also, our server Bri was gracious and helpful as usual! Would highly recommend this place to others!Special Features:
- Siena's got it all!jackieVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food is delicious with interesting flavours and creative combinations. The location lends itself to our meeting with friends across town and enjoying a vibrant part of the city. Our server was attentive and friendly and made the overall evening perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Positive - Our waitress was awesome! Food was amazing. Negative - the girl who was our hostess was EXTREMELY rude. I would not want her to be the first person greeting my guests if this were my restuarant. I would be happy to provide further detail on this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is not italianfoodyDined on 9/5/2014The quality of the food was pretty bad. We had a flat bread that didn't taste at all like something you will eat in ITaly: the mozzarella, the ricotta, the tomato sauce... this is an american-italian restaurant without authenticity . the meat balls had really too much garlic... however the service was good
- Second VisitSteveODined on 9/4/2014Second time here. Very good food and service. Small space, so a little crowded feeling, but that is not a real negative comment, more "the way it is" in that space. Overall, a very nice place.Special Features:
- Sienna's Delish!CBODDined on 9/3/2014My friend and I went to Sienna for a late night dinner and we were thrilled that the weather was so nice that we could eat outside. Eating outside at Market Square is a great experience in itself but when good food and good service are added it makes for a very enjoyable experience. We both started with a nice glass of wine and then split the beet and goat cheese salad. The salad was fresh and the beets flavorful with both red and gold varieties. Next we had the bucatini with meatballs. The meatballs were huge! They were stuffed with cheese and were both flavorful and moist. The red sauce was light and made a wonderful accompaniment to the meatballs and the bucatini. The bucatini was cooked to a perfect al dente firmness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continuing qualityChrisDined on 9/2/2014Sienna never fails to please! It's one of my favorite places.The food is made with great care and presented in an attractive way. On our most recent lunch visit, our server, Mark, was a perfect example of what good service should be (but is not often found in Pittsburgh restaurants).Special Features:
- Relaxing nightWeAreNotCookingDined on 8/29/2014A table near the street - felt like an evening in Italy complete with fantastic wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific lunchMarkVIPDined on 8/27/2014Clearly one of the better restaurants in Pgh. Have been here for dinner also. The food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014We were looking for a good Italian meal in a relaxed dining atmosphere. We got both at Sienna Sulla Piazza. Lovely arugula salad and a truly traditional Caesar salad with anchovies included. Pappardelle Bolognese was to die for - pasta properly cooked al dente, and the meat sauce was one of the better we've had. Rabbit potato gnocchi was light and delicious. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive. Dessert was not memorable.Special Features:
- ExcellentTelst22Dined on 8/23/2014Sienna is a favorite spot for downtown Pittsburgh. Intimate, yet comfortable, finding a balance between trendy and relaxed. Food is fit for foodies, but non foodies will enjoy it as well. Fun location at Market Square next to a fun late night scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siennacmv123Dined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere was very enjoyable. The food was excellent. The service was very good, and all the staff were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre game Dinner6burghfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Delightful dining experience as always. Great food, drinks and dessert. Combine that with excellent service in an beautiful environment...doesn't get any better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great ambiance good wineCrazy4honeyruntarragonDined on 8/17/2014Good food, well presented, great service, good wine, and great ambiance. I would recommend a better bread, something warm and fresh baked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMBKDined on 8/15/2014I made reservations for 3 people for lunch for 1:00 PM on Friday, August 15th and we had to wait until 1:20 or so to be seated. No tables for 3 were available at 1:00 PM. Even though, we didn't get seated until 1:20 or so, the lunch was very good and we didn't have to pay for our lunch. I thought that was very nice to compensate us. THANK YOU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerSammrammDined on 8/10/2014The food was very good along with dessert our waiter was funny, nice and very informative and always checked on us without intruding. Have been here before and would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite Keeper!QnuvhrtsVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our first dining experience at Sienna and the food and our server did not disappoint! The dinner menu offers a nice variety of antipasti, soup/salad, pasta and meats/fish and there is also a nice selection of wines by the glass. We ordered the prosciutto wrapped Atlantic salmon and the dorade which were both amazing! The service was well-timed and very appropriately attentive. We were seated at a small table in the bar area that gave us a nice view of the entire restaurant. I would highly recommend Sienna and look forward to returning to taste some more of Chef Porco's cuisine! P.S. The valet parking option at Market Square is a fabulous idea! Cost is $7 if you dine at one of the restaurants on the Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Very much enjoyed the beet salad with grilled chicken for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.