22 Market Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siennapgh.com/
- Phone: (412) 281-6363
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday - 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday - 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Porco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: .
- Special Events: Please call 412-281-6363 for information on special events.
A word from Sienna
Voted Best New Restaurant 2013 by Pittsburgh Magazine, Sienna Sulla Piazza, located in downtown Pittsburgh's vibrant Market Square, invites you to experience simple and creative Italian dishes. Enjoy a variety of fresh, flavorful dishes using the highest quality, often locally sourced ingredients. Our full bar including wines from Italy and around the world complement your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sienna - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sienna reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)great for outdoor dining (70)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (49)romantic (49)great for lunch (48)hot spot (48)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (14)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Outstanding!!!BeachGirlDined on 11/21/2014Went for light-up night. Extremely busy, but food was fabulous and service was great. I Give it a try. You definitely won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014I always enjoy Sienna. It is attractive and lively but not overwhelming or too noisy. Food is delicious, upscale comfort food. They do great things with the sides, love the vegetables. I even love the music they play. Prices are reasonable for the quality and service, so it isn't cheap but not overpriced either. Good choice for an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in PittsburghbeachluverDined on 11/19/2014Our first visit to Sienna was an enjoyable experience! We started off with some great appetizers, especially the brussels sprouts. Our entrees were also tasty and the portions were a sufficient size. We plan on returning with a larger group in the near future. This will be a great dining option when coming into the city for a musical! Be aware that the high dining tables are quite high. It may be difficult for people with hip or leg problems. I wish dining points through Open Table were available for Sienna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisySwenseVIPDined on 11/17/2014Celery root and apple soup was delicious. Pappardelle bolognaise was good with carrot enriched sweet red sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Took my girlfriend there for here birthday. Great food, awesome service, excellent drink choices (They had one of my favorite beer).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening for 2GoombaDined on 11/14/2014Great night spot for 2 and/or for wine drinkers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- de-lishcoachjoDined on 11/14/2014Ok so much to say and all of it good. Great spot. Great service and attention and very knowledgeable wait staff. And then the food oh it was soooooo good. The salads, fantastic. Meatballs, perfect.Pasta dishes, a true symphony of combined flavors. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Wouldn't change a thing. Yum yum yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchdowntowndiningDined on 11/10/2014I had the beet salad and added chicken. It was really tasty/didn't even need dressing.Special Features:
- Great Special Occasion Spot!Foodlover129Dined on 11/7/2014Celebrating my mothers birthday it was the perfect everything. Our food, to the ambiance to our server Derek, all just perfect! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try!JanCelVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had a nice meal, with excellent appetizers - the only complaint we had was the meatballs - they were extremely salty - we did mention this to the waiter and he offered to give us two desserts to take home, but we said no. He said there wasn't much they could do about the salt level as it is in the meat recipe. Overall though, it was a good meal and we would go back.Special Features:
- Delicious foodFoodie2VIPDined on 10/31/2014The food is very creative and delicious! Service was great! Atmosphere is nice. The server really knew the menu and she was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great serviceAbouttownVIPDined on 10/29/2014A wonderful place to meet a friend or a loved one for a tasty meal.Special Features:
- 6burghfoodieVIPDined on 10/29/2014Went to Sienna to celebrate an intimate retirement lunch with friends. They loved the wine selections. We all ordered different lunch dishes for sharing. I had the special pork sandwich and was not disappointed. Chef Porco is so creative with his lunch creations. Sienna is my all time favorite place to dine for both lunch and dinner. Every one left Sienna quite satisfied with their dining experience. I will be sure to make a return visit soon. Sienna's menu changes often which makes each visit an new and exciting taste sensation.Special Features:
- Won't returnCinnamonVIPDined on 10/28/2014I went with a group and have to,say that we weren't thrilled with the food. We ordered flatbreads and they were just heavy and greasy.
- Yum!sameatsoutDined on 10/28/2014Great food and awesome service. The portions are not TOO big which I actually prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graet experiencebill45Dined on 10/24/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday. One of the best meals we have had in a long time and we eat out often.Special Features:
- Delivered as promised!czelinaDined on 10/24/2014We came in from NJ and had only read reviews on Sienna and selected based on what had been said about the food and the restaurant overall. We were really pleased. The food was absolutely delicious. I thought the service was very good. WE had an extra guest join us at the last minute and they found away to accommodate us which was really nice. The location of the restaurant is really nice too. Market Square has a really nice charm about it!Special Features:
- Certainly SiennaSwenseVIPDined on 10/20/2014Excellent dinner during our last visit. For a very light appetizer, the marinated olives are very good. The handmade papperdelle bolognese was delicious with a sweetness to the sauce with the added carrot pieces. The chicken cacciatore was also very good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantChrisDined on 10/20/2014Sienna is one of my favorite places in the city. The lunch menu is not as interesting as the dinner menu, and the prices are rather high. It would be nice to have some pasta specials at lunch prices. The service from our waitress Nicole was personable, attentive and classy. The music became very loud at times and interfered with conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue skysSeaSDined on 10/18/2014We love the food, service, location,and the adult beveragesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunchJoeyRegularGuyDined on 10/17/2014I frequent here quite a bit and am in love with their beet salad and prosciutto salmon. Service is typically good, prices are reasonable and they have the option of sitting outside. Good place to grab a salad and people watch the folks in Market Square if you work Downtown. I've never been here for dinner.Special Features:
- SiennaSwenseVIPDined on 10/13/2014Getting better, at least comppared to previous visit - red snapper over mac & cheese. Accpetable flavors.Special Features:
- Remains our favorite spotMarscup2VIPDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I eat out quite a bit in the city, and Sienna (market square, not the meatball joint) remains one of our go-to spots. The food is always great. It truly is an outstanding spot to get a great meal. The strachiatella salad with homemade cheese is one of my favorites. I had the pancetta wrapped salmon, and my husband had the gnocchi. Both were great. If you can, get a high-top table...it's a little warmer up near the bar and the noise level is much more manageable.Special Features:
- Simple Quick and GoodAaronDined on 10/10/2014Visited before a trip to the symphony, and I didn't feel out of place in a sport coat. Both of our dishes were very well executed, if a little reserved. Our server was a little difficult to understand and not very attentive, but that is my only criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much goat cheeseFoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Ordered the arugula salad with goat cheese and the presentation lacked any creativity and the goat cheese literally covered the entire plate. The meatball flatbread -great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014We chose Sienna for dinner before a show. Short walk was easy to navigate. I think almost everyone in their was doing the same thing. Great dinner choices. Excellent wine menu. Waiter was professional and attentive but not obnoxious. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great Taste, less fillingtraveler0351Dined on 10/5/2014Sienna is a nice small place with a dark earthy decor. Food is prepared well and well seasoned, but portion size is on the small side and prices are on the higher end. I would definitely give the meatballs a miss, not worth $6 each (my Italian grandmother is shaking her head in heaven). Cost for four drinks, one appetizer, one soup, one salad and shared pasta entree was over $100 with tip.Special Features:
- One of the Best.TastefullyYoursDined on 10/3/2014This is one of the best reasonably priced restaurants in Pittsburgh. There are some real high-spots on the menu that we love, but everything is beautifully prepared and always tasty! Great location in the downtown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Time at SiennaPoBoyDined on 10/1/2014Myself and a friend spent nearly four hours at Sienna. When we arrived it was very busy (Pirates playoff game that night) and then it quieted down as the night moved along. The waitress was attentive and they had no problem with me and my friend chatting for about an hour after we paid our check. I had the Bucatini and meatball and it was the best pasta I ever had, perfectly cooked. We sat inside but with the big door open it felt like we were eating out on Market Square. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014Truly homemade pasta. I wish they had a whole wheat option. Try the meatballs!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014A busy restaurant and bar with good atmosphere for pre-theatre , apres sports or après theatre.. excellent waitstaff and a varied menu to make everyone happy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!pghfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Everything was wonderful. Must tries: Chicken liver mousse and the meatballs- both were amazing. The mousse was inventive and flavorful, and the meatballs moist. Everything else we tried: white bean ravioli, prosciutto wrapped salmon, bucatini, were also all delicious. Service was great as well, very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedchefwannabeDined on 9/27/2014All the reviews and the interesting made this restaurant very appealing but it did not live up to its rep. The food was rather bland and the restaurant inflexible. What italian restaurant wont let you replace plain pasta for the starch. When we agreed to a side of plain pasta, we were given a few options as to the type of pasta. Twice the waiter came back daying that they were put of that type. We wont be returning.Special Features:
- Cold foodLiskyDined on 9/27/2014Appetizers were greatness came out quickly, however the entrees took exceptionally long to be delivered and once they arrived 3 of our 4 entrees were cold and tasted like they'd sat under heat lamps too long: the ravioli pastas as hard and dry as was the pork, and the salmon was luke warm and dark on the outside from sitting around too long.Special Features:
- Loved it!hawkmom13Dined on 9/25/2014What a great place! The food was great, the service was wonderful and it had a comfortable atmosphere. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Get the BOLOGNESE! ;-)DondiVIPDined on 9/24/2014Sienna has one of the best bolognese sauces in the city. They serve it on a flat noodle...which, just as a personal preference, I'll check to see if it can be served on a rigatoni or spiral noodle to capture the sauce better. Yum! Try it!Special Features:
- See-enna leaveSwenseVIPDined on 9/22/2014Beet salad was excellent. Service was fine also. Do not be fooled by the "stuffed" veal meatballs - very difficult to find the small piece of cheese inside the meatball. Try other Italian places in the downtown area for better overall experience.
- Great atmosphere & foodapPITTiteDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere here is great for dates or even small group outings. It was also nice they had the front open on a beautiful night to get some fresh air. The service was great, as our server (and I regretfully forget his name) was very good at making sure we were having a great dining experience and kept our wine glasses full. The food was excellent and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great lunchjherdVIPDined on 9/17/2014Food was really good, pasta was a little too al dente for my taste but the sauce had amazing flavor. Great restaurant over all, small so not great for a group but we were able to get a party of 11 in for lunch by splitting to three adjacent tables. Service was great, love the open front into Market Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchFoodieJulDined on 9/16/2014We had a very good lunch. Everything was timed appropriately and the good is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.