22 Market Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siennapgh.com/
- Phone: 4122816363x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday - 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday - 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Porco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: .
- Special Events: Please call 412-281-6363 for information on special events.
A word from Sienna
Voted Best New Restaurant 2013 by Pittsburgh Magazine, Sienna Sulla Piazza, located in downtown Pittsburgh's vibrant Market Square, invites you to experience simple and creative Italian dishes. Enjoy a variety of fresh, flavorful dishes using the highest quality, often locally sourced ingredients. Our full bar including wines from Italy and around the world complement your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sienna - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sienna reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)great for outdoor dining (114)great for lunch (73)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (60)hot spot (54)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (18)scenic view (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great atmosphere & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere here is great for dates or even small group outings. It was also nice they had the front open on a beautiful night to get some fresh air. The service was great, as our server (and I regretfully forget his name) was very good at making sure we were having a great dining experience and kept our wine glasses full. The food was excellent and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Food was really good, pasta was a little too al dente for my taste but the sauce had amazing flavor. Great restaurant over all, small so not great for a group but we were able to get a party of 11 in for lunch by splitting to three adjacent tables. Service was great, love the open front into Market Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Family OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My boyfriend and I have been fans of Sienna for some time now.. so this was our obvious choice to bring my family when they came to town! Everyone enjoyed the atmosphere and shared that the food was absolutely phenomenal! We all sampled each other's dishes and could not find one thing we did not like at the table! Also, our server Bri was gracious and helpful as usual! Would highly recommend this place to others!Special Features:
- Siena's got it all!jackieVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food is delicious with interesting flavours and creative combinations. The location lends itself to our meeting with friends across town and enjoying a vibrant part of the city. Our server was attentive and friendly and made the overall evening perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Positive - Our waitress was awesome! Food was amazing. Negative - the girl who was our hostess was EXTREMELY rude. I would not want her to be the first person greeting my guests if this were my restuarant. I would be happy to provide further detail on this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is not italianfoodyDined on 9/5/2014The quality of the food was pretty bad. We had a flat bread that didn't taste at all like something you will eat in ITaly: the mozzarella, the ricotta, the tomato sauce... this is an american-italian restaurant without authenticity . the meat balls had really too much garlic... however the service was good
- Second VisitSteveODined on 9/4/2014Second time here. Very good food and service. Small space, so a little crowded feeling, but that is not a real negative comment, more "the way it is" in that space. Overall, a very nice place.Special Features:
- Sienna's Delish!CBODDined on 9/3/2014My friend and I went to Sienna for a late night dinner and we were thrilled that the weather was so nice that we could eat outside. Eating outside at Market Square is a great experience in itself but when good food and good service are added it makes for a very enjoyable experience. We both started with a nice glass of wine and then split the beet and goat cheese salad. The salad was fresh and the beets flavorful with both red and gold varieties. Next we had the bucatini with meatballs. The meatballs were huge! They were stuffed with cheese and were both flavorful and moist. The red sauce was light and made a wonderful accompaniment to the meatballs and the bucatini. The bucatini was cooked to a perfect al dente firmness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continuing qualityChrisDined on 9/2/2014Sienna never fails to please! It's one of my favorite places.The food is made with great care and presented in an attractive way. On our most recent lunch visit, our server, Mark, was a perfect example of what good service should be (but is not often found in Pittsburgh restaurants).Special Features:
- Relaxing nightWeAreNotCookingDined on 8/29/2014A table near the street - felt like an evening in Italy complete with fantastic wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific lunchMarkVIPDined on 8/27/2014Clearly one of the better restaurants in Pgh. Have been here for dinner also. The food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014We were looking for a good Italian meal in a relaxed dining atmosphere. We got both at Sienna Sulla Piazza. Lovely arugula salad and a truly traditional Caesar salad with anchovies included. Pappardelle Bolognese was to die for - pasta properly cooked al dente, and the meat sauce was one of the better we've had. Rabbit potato gnocchi was light and delicious. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive. Dessert was not memorable.Special Features:
- ExcellentTelst22Dined on 8/23/2014Sienna is a favorite spot for downtown Pittsburgh. Intimate, yet comfortable, finding a balance between trendy and relaxed. Food is fit for foodies, but non foodies will enjoy it as well. Fun location at Market Square next to a fun late night scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siennacmv123Dined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere was very enjoyable. The food was excellent. The service was very good, and all the staff were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre game Dinner6burghfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Delightful dining experience as always. Great food, drinks and dessert. Combine that with excellent service in an beautiful environment...doesn't get any better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great ambiance good wineCrazy4honeyruntarragonDined on 8/17/2014Good food, well presented, great service, good wine, and great ambiance. I would recommend a better bread, something warm and fresh baked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMBKDined on 8/15/2014I made reservations for 3 people for lunch for 1:00 PM on Friday, August 15th and we had to wait until 1:20 or so to be seated. No tables for 3 were available at 1:00 PM. Even though, we didn't get seated until 1:20 or so, the lunch was very good and we didn't have to pay for our lunch. I thought that was very nice to compensate us. THANK YOU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerSammrammDined on 8/10/2014The food was very good along with dessert our waiter was funny, nice and very informative and always checked on us without intruding. Have been here before and would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite Keeper!QnuvhrtsDined on 8/9/2014This was our first dining experience at Sienna and the food and our server did not disappoint! The dinner menu offers a nice variety of antipasti, soup/salad, pasta and meats/fish and there is also a nice selection of wines by the glass. We ordered the prosciutto wrapped Atlantic salmon and the dorade which were both amazing! The service was well-timed and very appropriately attentive. We were seated at a small table in the bar area that gave us a nice view of the entire restaurant. I would highly recommend Sienna and look forward to returning to taste some more of Chef Porco's cuisine! P.S. The valet parking option at Market Square is a fabulous idea! Cost is $7 if you dine at one of the restaurants on the Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You simply cannot go wrong here.Marscup2VIPDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I have been going to Sienna since it opened. Truly, we've never had a bad meal...only great ones. My favorites: start with the stracciatella over arugula. Wow. Wow. I wish they didn't make such a big deal over the meatball thing. There's so many other items to enjoy...like the short ribs.Special Features:
- Mixed bagjaybird827Dined on 8/2/2014Uncomfortable seating (my back to the door, and the upper bar area looming above me) with a slow service start, almost had me regretting this choice. Our appetizer arrived 1/2 hr. into our visit, and took off the edge. All in all, our food was exceptional. (caprese flatbread, caesar salad, tomato basil soup, chicken entree. But my pasta dish left me a little unsatisfied. While the veal meatballs were generous in size and very delicious, the noodles were overcooked and the sauce tasted like it had been sitting/burning in the bottom of the pot for a day. Pricey, but we would consider coming back now knowing the limited seating choices.Special Features:
- new favoritejanetlynn13Dined on 8/2/2014Beautiful little restaurant reminded me of the ones in the Trastevere section of Rome. Waitress was wonderful and knew the ingredients to all the items and could recommend gluten free dishes. Food was amazing with complex flavors you just find in the states. We had chopped salad, beet salad, fish special, shrimp and tomato risotto all gluten free, and lamb meatballs which want gf. All very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-crazy gnats!AwesomeBurgersDined on 8/1/2014Our table wasn't outside but it was under the open doors so we could hear some of the music from the square, but the restaurant music sort of drowned it out. Food was great! Rabbit gnocchi, octopus salad, beet salad, chocolate panne cotta. One negative was gnats. Lots of them. Only relief was when the air came on. The don't like breezes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!LebofoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Outstanding soups! Change with the seasons and all are amazing. Crave the current wonderful melon gazpacho! The sausage and potato soup was great during that this last, long winter. Last summer's cold corn with crab soup was fantastic. Salads and flat breads are excellent. Ditto for pasta and risotto. Always a great experience!Special Features:
- Sienna Food & Service are tops!!!GirlsNightOutDined on 7/24/2014Every bite and sipe was amazing! We had a group of 5 girlfriends and every single one of us loved our dinners. Good times had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and quick but not rushedCoffgirlDined on 7/23/2014Perfect for a pre-show dinner with the Benedum being a five minute walk from Sienna. All of our dinners were outstanding. The charcuterie board before dinner was also tasty. Waiter and other staff were attentive throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuXxxxxxxxxxxVIPDined on 7/23/2014I love Sienna. I go there quite often. It is time for some new menu choices!
- dgdfgVIPDined on 7/22/2014Service was slow. Uncomfortable atmosphere, air conditioning poor on very hot and humid day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingLunchlady1VIPDined on 7/22/2014Sienna never disappoints! The food is fabulous, The service is always attentive and every server knows the menu well and able to make perfect recommendations. We love bringing friends here for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SiennaPeteVIPDined on 7/21/2014As always the food and service were excellent. We had the bucatini with mozzarella stuffed meatballs, and our guest had the short ribs over mac n cheese. The grilled octopus salad is great. We went conventional this time but the menu is eclectic.Special Features:
- Love the decor..MiaaDined on 7/20/2014We loved the decor. Beautiful! I would come back to sit at the bar and order some drinks and the flat bread pizza with friends. The entrees, linguine and clams was salty. The mozzarella stuffed veal meatball dish, eh. The pasta they serve with it was terrible and hard to eat. Good coffee and Zeppoli dessert. The service was good, very nice, friendly but everything seemed to take a very long time for a Sunday night. We were there for 2 hours. We are Italian, so we have high standards for great taste when it comes to pasta and sauce. We wouldn't come back for the entrees but would for a glass of wine at the bar. The ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- Best Meatballs Ever!t2luvDined on 7/19/2014Sienna was a great anniversary experience. The waiter was friendly and attentive and the food was good. We had the best meatballs we have every eaten in Venice, Italy in September and the meatballs we ate here were equally good.Special Features:
- EB12Dined on 7/18/2014It took too long for the food to be served. It also took too long to get the check and for the waitress to pick up the check. We were there at lunch and needed to get back to work. We were late getting back to work. I would go again because the food is very good. I would just let the waitress know that we need to be on our way in an hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was OKKarnackDined on 7/16/2014Food was good, service was very good. Trendy place, the bar seemed to be hopping and most tables were full and it was an enjoyable experience. Would go back.Special Features:
- Good FoodTheHungryGuyEATDined on 7/16/2014The food was really good - great selection of creative and uncommon choices and everything we ate was prepared well. Sadly, the service was well below average. Perhaps it was just our serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2014A wonderful dining experience! Looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Almost greatlj12VIPDined on 7/16/2014Fun dinner in a cool setting. Food was good but could have been great if the kitchen cut back on some overwhelming flavors. Maybe an off night. Way too many caperberries in the tuna tartar, too much salt in the tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar macerated too long in the strawberries with the delish chocolate pannacotta. Very good short rib and orzo mac and cheese.Special Features:
- DonnaDined on 7/15/2014The food the service or excellent the noise level from the next-door restaurant was a bit overwhelming, fun to be able to have music but it was quite loud conversation in the outdoor area was difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodrusDined on 7/12/2014Staff all welcoming, knew their stuff!! Server, Matthieu was great. Excellent wine. BUT, the food was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location in centerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Nice location for walking in the center. Food is nothing special for someone who has spent years in Italy.