1485 W 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H3J5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsiena.com/
- Phone: 6045581485x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Jessica Howery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book the restaurant for your next event. Central location, comfortable space, wonderful food and free parking make it easy to plan a memorable party at Siena.
- Private Party Contact: Tess 6045581485x
A word from Siena
Simple, delicious, fresh local food in a relaxed space, the gently rustic Siena yields a bounty of Italian flavours, perfect before a show at the nearby Stanley Theatre, or after a day of shopping or gallery-hopping on Granville Rise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Siena reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)fit for foodies (87)special occasion (37)romantic (35)notable wine list (23)good for groups (22)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Show NightMelnightoutDined on 10/28/2014This is our go to restaurant when I have tickets to the Stanley Theatre. We always enjoy the food,and wine. It has free parking right on the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Love the food and the ambiance; staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome; check out their wine selection specials and their themed menus - in the fall, they have mushroom features.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 10/26/2014Especially bad was the so-called Duck Confit Ravioli. It was tasteless and was delivered lukewarm to the table. Even on reheating (when sent back to the kitchen) it didnt arrive hot. The best item was the salad greens. The spaghetti vongole was fine with fresh clams. The service was good and the ambiance, pleasant.
- Very DisappointedSmileyDined on 10/25/2014It was my 60th birthday - made the res 2 months in advance - table was not ready - crammed in a table for 8 w/ party of 10 - nothing to make the event special - they get Stanley Theatre crowd every day of every month - this was one special day for me that was not made special - our waiter did do a good job, but that does not make up for it - most enjoyed their meals - mine was not up to par from other visitsSpecial Features:
- So So SienaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I'm not in the habit of writing restaurant reviews but feel compelled to offer a bit of feedback. The experience was okay but not memorable. The positives were - friendly staff who were reasonably knowledgeable about the menu & wine list. The service was a tad on the slow side - our waiter did his best but was juggling a few more tables than he could handle. Most of the food we ordered was okay & a couple of items were good but for most part I was underwhelmed. We felt that on average the portion sizes were on the small side & the caliber of the cooking didn't sync with the menu prices. As a neighborhood drop in spot Siena fits the bill but as a Italian dining experience falls short & the prices reflect the latter rather than the former.Special Features:
- oustanding cuisinePiacereDined on 10/23/2014The Siena has it all: an inviting dining room, an excellent cuisine with italian favorites, a nice wine selection and reasonable prices. A great place to enjoy. We will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem Near South GranvilleIzenDined on 10/23/2014We had selections from the fixed price mushroom menu, The main course, that we had was lamb steak that was particularly delicious because of the refined sauce. The green beans were perfectly done and the potatoes (scallop) were scrumptious. The chanterellle mushroom appetizer was delectable as was the panna cotta dessert Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Mushroom FestivalBaldEagleDined on 10/23/2014Chanterelles en brioche, roasted free range chicken in lobster mushroom marsala and sage farro with white chocolate and black truffle Panna Cotta with hazelnut shortbread cookie. Excellent as I am a mushroom lover. Daily bruschetta, saffron fish stew and double chocolate Grenache. Need a little more chocolate flavour, still overall excellent. Great birthday dinner. Service has always been attentive but not overbearing. reservations a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VdizzleDined on 10/22/2014Our second time at Siena, and it was a wonderful experience start to finish. The food was superb, our server attentive and knowledgeable (great wine recommendation). And although I claim not to care that much about atmosphere, it's very comfortable spending time in that room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food to Die ForsobeitDined on 10/21/2014I was blown away by the mushroom soup which was the best I'd ever tasted and my friends and I have all travelled extensively. The rest of the meal was superb though the dessert was a big negligible. We all love pannecottas but their's was different because of the truffle in it which made it taste of garlic and not something we had expected in a dessert. Also, the glasses of wine were a bit pricey but seeing the location, I wasn't surprised as it is also a bit pricey! The service was superb and we would all definitely go again. Overall, Siena's was an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too too rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014i have been here before and enjoyed it - this time the service was very rushed and intrusive - and the waiters reached repeatedly over us without asking to fill water glasses and knocked my reading glasses on the floor - we had a reservation and were on time, but clearly all they wanted was for us to go. normally we are excellent tippers - this time, no way.
- Siena is spelled YUMTalkinTurkeyDined on 10/16/2014I had a fabulous dinner with my lovely date. The food was imaginative and scrumptious, the service was outstanding and friendly, and there was a nice intimacy to Siena. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Good ValueMunchyDined on 10/11/2014Excellent location for theatre attendees as is just around the corner from the Stanley Theatre.Also the restaurant offers a15% discount for theatre goers.Good food and ample amounts.Very limited bar.Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Ok ServiceKitslocalDined on 10/10/2014Three of us came for dinner after a mass exodus of patrons going to see a show at the nearby theatre. The staff were overrun at first, which was understandable, but were then very quiet. Despite being quiet, the service was very slow with the waitstaff doing more talking then serving. The main meal was ok, wine was good and the appetizer was excellent. There are much better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- excellent gem in the neighbourhoodEnjoyersDined on 10/9/2014We were going to the theatre and heard about Siena. It worked out extremely well- had 1.5 hours for dine. Service was just the right pace and the food was delicious. They have a number of salads and veggies that are excellent for vegans and enough meat and pasta for the others. We will definitely return-even without theatre plans.Special Features:
- We will be back!We four ALL agree!love2eatDined on 10/7/2014We loved our Siena experience! Close to theatres, excellent food and helpful friendly staff. The specials of the day were creative, artistically plated and delicious.We found the restaurant when we got tickets to a play at the Stanley. Clever way to advertise!Special Features:
- Post-game mealdocmahDined on 10/4/2014Great neighborhood find, good basic eats for a variety of Continental diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaystjspbookVIPDined on 10/4/2014Went there on Saturday night to celebrate a birthday and as always, the food was outstanding. Had a few issues with the volume of the restaurant that evening as it was louder than I had remembered and for some reason it was really warm in there. Overall the food was worth the issues and hoping the ambiance is a little better in our next visit.Special Features:
- Great dining in VancouvernomnomDined on 10/4/2014Great dining experience from the get go. Excellent food (I recommend the lamb), impressive wine list, great atmosphere (yes you can have a conversation without shouting over noise) and possibly THE best service I have ever had by a most gracious waiter named Tim. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre Go-erEmeraldsDined on 10/3/2014The service was OUTSTANDING. Being close to The Stanley Theatre, the staff were respectful re time lines and balanced the filled room with incredible efficiency. No one felt rushed and we all made the show. As for the food ~ DELICIOUS and CREATIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Siena is very irregular. Been there one month ago, the food was great. Last week, the fish stew had no flavor.
- Second ChanceDMarkleDined on 10/1/2014I recommended Siena to a friend as our pre-theatre dining place and she wasn't too keen because she had had a disappointing first visit at a late hour. I can assure you that her experience this time was a complete reversal of the past. The food was so delicious that we were glad we had plenty of time to savour each dish. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. We will both be returning, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down to Earth ItalianorachooDined on 9/28/2014Trimmed menu means mastery on only those dishes. Great l'antipasto for two. Duck confit Ravioli topped perfectly with mandarin orange pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014First time at Siena. Did not disappoint. Every order was better than the last. If you like Italian, don't miss this one.Special Features:
- Early Dinner SuccessScawtyDined on 9/25/2014We went to Siena before going to the Stanley for a play. It was busy as I am sure a lot of people had the same idea. Duck Confit Ravioli and the Mushroom and Truffle Tagliatelle were excellent. Just the right sized portions and cooked perfectly al dente. Wine list is good and well priced. The server knocked over a wine glass and red wine was spilled on my companions blouse. The manager sprung into action. Soda water to treat the stain, a new entrée was prepared in speedy fashion and all was well. Dry cleaning services were offered and we were impressed with the response to an unfortunate accident. Well done. We left assuring the manager that we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before the StanleyWaldoDined on 9/23/2014Siena is the perfect spot to have dinner before catching a play at the Stanley Theatre. The 3 course dinner is great value and the food is very tasty and beautifully presented!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillVancouverDined on 9/22/2014Everything was great, especially the pasta of the day. The server said that it was the prettiest pasta that he's ever served. It was both pretty and delicious!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/19/2014Our favorite restaurant before the Theatre. There are many restaurants in the area but Siena has consistently great food, and great service. We have had seasons tickets for years and since Siena opened it has been our favorite! We like the selections and also like the idea of a fixed price 3 course mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great preStanley theater dinner!JaneADined on 9/18/2014We were looking for dinner before going to the Stanley theater and Siena did not disappoint us. We both choose the prix fixe meal which is a great value. After fresh greens, I had the lamb which was perfectly cooked and my husband had the tagliatelle followed by the fig cake. Everything was delicious. We were happy with the wines by the glass that we choose, service was prompt and friendly, even though they were very busy. We will come back!Special Features:
- Great Culinary FindReillyDined on 9/17/2014Delicious food and interesting wine list. Fabulous staff. Always a great spot for a pre-show dinner or with friends for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below expectationsdinerDined on 9/16/2014Came here to celebrate a special milestone birthday and mentioned this in the OpenTable reservation - asking for a memorable dinner. Food was reasonably good but portions were much too small. There was no acknowledgement of the birthday. As dessert came out, one guest had to remind the server and she just said "oh yeah" and quickly got a candle and stuck it onto the cake. When we got the bill our beverages were not included. We thought the restaurant was not charging for drinks because of the birthday. When we asked, it turned out that the server had forgotten to include the drinks on the bill and the drinks were at price-gouging level. Dinner was memorable for the wrong reasons. We won't be back.
- It's always great!AnnieDined on 9/14/2014We have dined at Siena 10 or more times. We have introduced several couples and every time we do it, we are delighted. The food and the service is always better than we expect. They just get better an better I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Congratulations to the staff.Special Features:
- Great foodEatoutDined on 9/13/2014The menu has been expanded since I was last at Siena and while the food was always good some new menu item are outstanding - lamb and beef. Servers were also attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Great servicefoodlover604Dined on 9/13/2014We were treated like VIPs, from our arrival to paying the bill, gracious, friendly, quick service. Dreamy soup and a beautiful Burrata dish started us off, followed by an amazing seared tuna an a super fresh and tasty nicoise-like salad. My companion had the Duck Confit Ravioli that she raved about for a full day following our meal. Desserts are simple yet wonderful, like the Affogato. They use top quality ice cream and the perfect espresso shot. Oh, and a great wine list. Thank you Siena for a fabulous evening! We will return.Special Features:
- Great tasting!!!!Looking4Gr8MealEncountersDined on 9/6/2014Was very pleasantly surprised by the absolutely great taste of the food. My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised. Not over spiced, not over salted, just great flavour. Portions sizes left me craving for more(likely because of the great meal), but on reflection we were feeling full when we left. Not an overly romantic setting (bit noisy, lacks privacy), but definitely a food gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findRobvanDined on 9/4/2014My only complaint would be the lack of spirits. However, settling for wine wasn't the end of the world. Absolutely fantastic, will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best.DctennisDined on 8/29/2014Siena is the best restaurant in Vancouver. The quality of the food as well as the service is extraordinary. Always a fantastic experience. The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!!!Kyu101Dined on 8/29/2014As previous reviews have mentioned, this is a small restaurant, so are the portions and it is a bit pricey. The food is good, if you like dining out and experiencing Italian food, this is one restaurant I would recommend and the House Special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovery Neigbourhood GemPeckishDined on 8/22/2014This was my first visit to Siena and we will back. The meal was fresh, delicious and creative. We started with an excellent antipasto plate for two ($20) and it was delicious with a good selection of meats, pickles, olives, figs, toasted foccacia triangles, etc. I had a salade nicoise with ling cod that was absolutely delicous. The service was attentive and professional and the ambiance comfortable and invitiing. Good value and lovely meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodkkristofDined on 8/20/2014Food was fabulous, restaurant was cute. Very loud as two large groups were in the restaurant.