1485 W 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H3J5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsiena.com/
- Phone: 6045581485x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Jessica Howery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book the restaurant for your next event. Central location, comfortable space, wonderful food and free parking make it easy to plan a memorable party at Siena.
- Private Party Contact: Tess 6045581485x
A word from Siena
Simple, delicious, fresh local food in a relaxed space, the gently rustic Siena yields a bounty of Italian flavours, perfect before a show at the nearby Stanley Theatre, or after a day of shopping or gallery-hopping on Granville Rise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Siena reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (75)special occasion (30)romantic (24)good for groups (17)notable wine list (15)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Down to Earth ItalianorachooDined on 9/28/2014Trimmed menu means mastery on only those dishes. Great l'antipasto for two. Duck confit Ravioli topped perfectly with mandarin orange pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014First time at Siena. Did not disappoint. Every order was better than the last. If you like Italian, don't miss this one.Special Features:
- Early Dinner SuccessScawtyDined on 9/25/2014We went to Siena before going to the Stanley for a play. It was busy as I am sure a lot of people had the same idea. Duck Confit Ravioli and the Mushroom and Truffle Tagliatelle were excellent. Just the right sized portions and cooked perfectly al dente. Wine list is good and well priced. The server knocked over a wine glass and red wine was spilled on my companions blouse. The manager sprung into action. Soda water to treat the stain, a new entrée was prepared in speedy fashion and all was well. Dry cleaning services were offered and we were impressed with the response to an unfortunate accident. Well done. We left assuring the manager that we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before the StanleyWaldoDined on 9/23/2014Siena is the perfect spot to have dinner before catching a play at the Stanley Theatre. The 3 course dinner is great value and the food is very tasty and beautifully presented!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillVancouverDined on 9/22/2014Everything was great, especially the pasta of the day. The server said that it was the prettiest pasta that he's ever served. It was both pretty and delicious!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/19/2014Our favorite restaurant before the Theatre. There are many restaurants in the area but Siena has consistently great food, and great service. We have had seasons tickets for years and since Siena opened it has been our favorite! We like the selections and also like the idea of a fixed price 3 course mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great preStanley theater dinner!JaneADined on 9/18/2014We were looking for dinner before going to the Stanley theater and Siena did not disappoint us. We both choose the prix fixe meal which is a great value. After fresh greens, I had the lamb which was perfectly cooked and my husband had the tagliatelle followed by the fig cake. Everything was delicious. We were happy with the wines by the glass that we choose, service was prompt and friendly, even though they were very busy. We will come back!Special Features:
- Great Culinary FindReillyDined on 9/17/2014Delicious food and interesting wine list. Fabulous staff. Always a great spot for a pre-show dinner or with friends for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below expectationsdinerDined on 9/16/2014Came here to celebrate a special milestone birthday and mentioned this in the OpenTable reservation - asking for a memorable dinner. Food was reasonably good but portions were much too small. There was no acknowledgement of the birthday. As dessert came out, one guest had to remind the server and she just said "oh yeah" and quickly got a candle and stuck it onto the cake. When we got the bill our beverages were not included. We thought the restaurant was not charging for drinks because of the birthday. When we asked, it turned out that the server had forgotten to include the drinks on the bill and the drinks were at price-gouging level. Dinner was memorable for the wrong reasons. We won't be back.
- It's always great!AnnieDined on 9/14/2014We have dined at Siena 10 or more times. We have introduced several couples and every time we do it, we are delighted. The food and the service is always better than we expect. They just get better an better I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Congratulations to the staff.Special Features:
- Great foodEatoutDined on 9/13/2014The menu has been expanded since I was last at Siena and while the food was always good some new menu item are outstanding - lamb and beef. Servers were also attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting!!!!Looking4Gr8MealEncountersDined on 9/6/2014Was very pleasantly surprised by the absolutely great taste of the food. My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised. Not over spiced, not over salted, just great flavour. Portions sizes left me craving for more(likely because of the great meal), but on reflection we were feeling full when we left. Not an overly romantic setting (bit noisy, lacks privacy), but definitely a food gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findRobvanDined on 9/4/2014My only complaint would be the lack of spirits. However, settling for wine wasn't the end of the world. Absolutely fantastic, will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best.DctennisDined on 8/29/2014Siena is the best restaurant in Vancouver. The quality of the food as well as the service is extraordinary. Always a fantastic experience. The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!!!Kyu101Dined on 8/29/2014As previous reviews have mentioned, this is a small restaurant, so are the portions and it is a bit pricey. The food is good, if you like dining out and experiencing Italian food, this is one restaurant I would recommend and the House Special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovery Neigbourhood GemPeckishDined on 8/22/2014This was my first visit to Siena and we will back. The meal was fresh, delicious and creative. We started with an excellent antipasto plate for two ($20) and it was delicious with a good selection of meats, pickles, olives, figs, toasted foccacia triangles, etc. I had a salade nicoise with ling cod that was absolutely delicous. The service was attentive and professional and the ambiance comfortable and invitiing. Good value and lovely meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodkkristofDined on 8/20/2014Food was fabulous, restaurant was cute. Very loud as two large groups were in the restaurant.
- Attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were a small group, and enjoyed ourselves, thanks to the service being thoughtful and helpful.Special Features:
- Best pasta ever!KateDined on 8/14/2014It's small but cozy. We loved the food taste and definitely would go back. Cocktail not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena DinnerAlekDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant was well decorated and homey - likely a family-owned establishment. The ambiance of the facility was splendid and served as a wonderful date spot. Food wise, everything tasted and looked great. Pricing was extremely reasonable considering the quality of the food and establishment. Our waiter was also amazing. The wine recommended by him was delicious and well-priced. I would definitely consider going back again.
- Gabi45Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food, friendly service. Recommended for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Always good food good service. Favorite spot for Italian. Thanks for Half price wine on Monday!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencefoodlover604Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing food. Great wine selection. Warm and efficient service. The host (owner?) made us feel special when we arrived, and remembered us from the last visit. We had a "Grappa Negroni" and a "Burnt Siena" from the cocktail list, fantastic and refreshing on a hot day. Great wine selection from Italy, Spain and France. Shared an amazing Antipasti platter before moving on to a delicious Pea and Pancetta Ravioli, Lingcod Salade Nicoise, then a slow-braised beef "Brasato" that was the best meal I've had this year! We finished with a warm raspberry rhubarb polenta cake that was truly amazing! Our server looked after us with ease and efficiency, and really didn't miss a beat. I would recommend this charming little place to anyone. Super Value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a touch of arroganceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Trendy menu with good food but nothing memorable. Overall the menu was a bit arrogant. The limits to the menu ( eg no coffee only Americano) and waiter feeling he needed to warn me that the drink I selected was "strong" reflected this attitude. While it is a good little place in the neighborhood not sure I would go out of my way to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vancouver foodieVancouverfoodie14Dined on 7/12/2014Siena is the perfect spot for a delicious, fresh and memorable Italian meal. Their quaint atmosphere and professional service truly adds to the experience and the food is always consistent in quality. I've dined there at least three times and have enjoyed every meal. A true neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- SiennaEllybetDined on 7/11/2014On the plus side the salads were great and my friends' risotto and Spag with mussels/chorizo were good. But the AC had broken down and it was 80+. They should have offered a free drink or similar to compensate. Decor was sparse and unwelcoming. The staff were friendly but the service was patchy. Spag puttanesca was bland and no bread was offered. Why not? Bread costs peanuts and is given free in European restaurants as part of the welcome to patrons. If you purport to be an Italian restaurant offer good bread - free.
- neighbourhood gem!cathymacDined on 7/10/2014fabulous buratta salad every season! Delicious gluten free pasta! All within walking distance of home. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighbourhood gem!leo1020Dined on 7/10/2014My second visit to this friendly Italian bistro was as perfect as the first. The food is great, the people attentive and the ambiance charming, bright and airy. With free parking at the back after 6 and its proximity to local theatres, it is a worthy destination. Will return again soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighbourhood gempkwokDined on 7/7/2014The food is not only delicious but also very reasonable value for money. 4 of us went there, and we all ordered different things, yet all dishes were great. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Spectacular & UnpretentioussfrefVIPDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I dined at Siena the last evening of a four day trip to Vancouver. We recommend it highly. There are very special things going on in the kitchen of this restaurant, both creatively and in preparation and execution. I had a grilled salmon special that was simply to die for, as was the fig and gorgonzola salad with baby greens that I had as a first course. Siena's treatment of the assorted olive appetizer is not to be missed - I won't give away the secret of the preparation. The wine list is OK, but could use a little help. However, given the attentive and friendly service, and the extraordinary food, creatively prepared, Siena is not to be missed when dining in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEatwellDined on 6/23/2014We went to Siena with our nephew, his girlfriend and our teenage son. It was delicious. The specials were outstanding. The gorgonzola and pea shoot salad is excellent. All meals were very tasty and fresh. (Bonus as Monday's are half price wine bottles!) Great food for good price. Well worth it. Service was wonderful too.Special Features:
- CWGHVIPDined on 6/19/2014Great little place with amazing food and attentive staffSpecial Features:
- pre-theatre diningsundawnjoyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Just around the corner from the Stanley. But allot enough time to enjoy your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- south granville favouriteValvdgDined on 6/16/2014Siena has a better than average wine list at fair prices made excellent on half price Mondays. The food seems to be consistent although some dishes are more generous than others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnertheatredinerDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner here recently with friends, prior to a show at The Stanley Theatre. We had the three course menu for $32.00, which was fabulous and great value for money. The service was perfect considering the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- luvgoodfoodDined on 6/13/2014Very nice the food was enticing and delicious the courses were far enough apart that at NO point did we feel rushed Our server was both friendly and professional we were met at the door by a nice man and received a window seat as we had requested the wine was a bit pricey but very nice all the same so we will go on a Monday next time , but will still consider it a viable option for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each bite was a taste delight2014greatDined on 6/11/2014Neighbourhood gem. Great food, service, great wine - All reasonably priced. Nice ambiance, not overdone - all add up to an enjoyable evening. Server choose great wine to match the food. From our first bit, we savoured each dish. We choose the 3 course menu: spinach salad, pork tenderloin, special warm fig cake. The other person choose the bean soup, the risotto, and the chocolate cake. Siena always delivers quality. Whenever possible, the food is locally sourced.Special Features:
- Quiet and comfortableValvdgDined on 6/9/2014A nice quiet spot for a relaxing dinner. Nice wine list moderately priced. I've enjoyed the dishes I've had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not outstandingYummyVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was my third time here. My dining companions and I have always enjoyed the food. No complaints. But all three times, with different friends, we found the noise level too high. Yes, it is a small restaurant but with proper use of soft surfaces, noise can easily be dampened. Then diners can have a proper conversation. Service is friendly but food was very slow to arrive on our last visit.Special Features:
- Great effort to make up for mistakeFrelanDined on 6/5/2014Although the server got my wife's order wrong, he went to great lengths to make it up to us such as some champagne and after dinner liquors. We all make mistakes so it was nice to see effort to make things right. We have always enjoyed the food at Siena and our last experience was no exception. Great place to eat before going to a play at the Stanley Theatre. Good value to price ratio. Ingredients are fresh and the menu is reasonable priced.Special Features: