1485 W 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H3J5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsiena.com/
- Phone: (604) 558-1485
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Jessica Howery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book the restaurant for your next event. Central location, comfortable space, wonderful food and free parking make it easy to plan a memorable party at Siena.
- Private Party Contact: Tess 6045581485x
A word from Siena
Simple, delicious, fresh local food in a relaxed space, the gently rustic Siena yields a bounty of Italian flavours, perfect before a show at the nearby Stanley Theatre, or after a day of shopping or gallery-hopping on Granville Rise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Siena reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)fit for foodies (88)romantic (44)special occasion (42)notable wine list (24)good for groups (21)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- yumjacknjillDined on 6/13/2013Great food!! will definitely be back. We had carpaccio, gorgonzola-stuffed figs, scallop risotto, carbonara. and lemon tart to share. all really delish. maybe it gets more of a romantic vibe later in the evening, but when we were there it was lite and brite, but nice. came across a bit like a nice place for the older folks to go right before going to the Stanley Theatre. Which would be a good plan if you're off to the Stanley... anyway, go, eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBoy1Dined on 6/12/2013This was a fantastic meal with wonderful service. On the pricey side, but you get what you pay for. Amazing food. Just get the beef carpaccio, it's delicious. Others have commented that the portions are small. This is ridiculous. I had spaghetti with Bison and Elk meatballs and I couldn't finish. I deeply regret that I didn't have room for dessert. This place is definitely on our list of favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out in TimemarlzDined on 6/12/2013We had tickets for the Stanley Theatre 8 o'clock curtain so made reservations for 6. We were asked if, in fact, we were attending the theatre that night, so service could be expedited. I had the previously lauded Lamb Ravioli, which was sumptuous; my friend the Scallop Risotto, which was uniquely plated, and so appealing. Both were wonderful. The wine recommendations were very suitable, and we ended with a lemon tart. All in all, we would certainly return. Price points were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a hoot!SandyDined on 6/12/2013Casual dining, lots of fun and food was perfection. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2013We enjoyed a wonderful meal, took advantage of the 50 per cent off wine on Monday night offer with the prix fixe ($29 for 3courses). Arugula salad was simple but tasty, Steaks were a bit chewy, but flavourful, and the chocolate dessert was delicious. Great spot for a pre- theatre meal.Special Features:
- We found the restaurant wellOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013We found the restaurant well situated considering we were dining prior to attending the theatre. It is quite a small restaurant, with seating in close quarters to other diners, service was acceptable, waiting staff friendly, food presentation acceptable and the food itself was acceptable. Good value for money.
- Perfect Pre-theatre restaurantMogaDined on 6/5/2013Sienna has become our favourite pre-theatre spot. They do a great job of serving to a schedule and the food is excellent. I think one day very soon I will be going there some night without going to the theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisy!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2013Food and service are good but the noise level is unacceptable, cannot carry on a conversation with your companions.Special Features:
- My second time at Siena andCaptainDined on 6/4/2013My second time at Siena and both were excellent experiences. Comfortable and not crowded, attentive staff, and excellent food. I had the chorizo pasta special; the pasta was fresh and cooked just right and the chorizo was good and spicy. It was so good I was contemplating ordering a second plate! I had the lemon tart for dessert and it was great. Prices are reasonable and location is convenient. I would recommend Siena to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SienaeatwellDined on 6/4/2013Have never been disappointed with both the locally fresh food and great service. Has become our favorite place to eat on Sunday nights or before a play at the Stanley.Special Features:
- Great experience at a reasonableMCarDined on 6/1/2013Great experience at a reasonable price. The only downside was that the Latte was luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood discoveryTonipDined on 5/30/2013We love Siena. The specials are always creative and delicious. The service is very good - very friendly and helpful. We've never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theatre dinnerbrunoDined on 5/30/2013very noisy--need some soft textures original, fresh food friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Monday wine dealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2013My wife and went on a Monday for the first time. Food and service was very good. Prices were very reasonable, I had the prix fixe meal - a very nice salad, seafood stew and a desert for only $29.00. My wife had an appy and the lamb ravioli (very good). The best part is that the wine was half priced. We had an excellent bottle of red for only $22.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013One of my favourite and regular places to dine because of the consistently great food and service, and it's affordability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2013We have been a number of times and each time have taken different friends who are also thrilled. We go before theatre and the restaurant understands our timing issues and ensures we have a great meal and get to the theatre on time.Special Features:
- CarbonaratwosomeVIPDined on 5/21/2013Friendly and efficient staff . Carbonara was especially divine.... delicious but light. Found the restaurant to be clean and fresh. But too noisy for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findRoy09Dined on 5/17/2013We were very pleased with the menu and excellent service. Two Chose the $29 three course menu and weren't disappointed the food was excellent. The other two guests chose off the menu and their meals were also delicious. What a little gem thank you if we re in Vancouver again would certainly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2013I took my boyfriend to Siena and our experiences were very satisfied. I used to work with an Executive chef, Tim and he is such a good chef. We got to try a little bit of everything from his menu and we were very happy. The antipasto dish was gem, spot prawn salad was refreshing, scallop was cooked perfectly and albacore tuna, fish of day was perfection. You should try Siena when you are in south granville neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SienaDinnerOutDined on 5/17/2013The location was good as we were going to the Stanley. However, did not realize how difficult it was to park (or how expensive!) before 6 PM. Also, very loud, as the restaurant was filled to capacity, and this made conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre Dinner DeluxeEconomistAtLargeDined on 5/16/2013We went to Siena before the Arts Club Theatre around the corner. Great food, attentive service, recognition that we had a show to catch, decent wine list, noisy but, as my wife pointed out, you could have a conversation and despite the noise level there was privacy because you couldn't actually make out what was being said at other tables (hence they couldn't hear us). I wouldn't hesitate to repeat our visit. I had the Panzanella Salad to start, which ranks as high as a salad can get in my books (very high indeed). The rack of lamb was succulent...superb. My wife had the Baby Arugula Salad and the Grilled Flat Iron Steak, both excellent, if a little OD'ed on Arugula by the end of the meal. Excellent Cafe Americano (decaf) to finish.Special Features:
- Fairviews Best!!GordonADined on 5/12/2013Absolutely outstanding food always! no matter who I bring along to join me, friends from Toronto, Calgary or family members, everyone loves Siena!! PamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our current family gathering spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Our meal was generally lovely, and my mozzarella appetizer and main course green pea ravioli were both perfect. The service was warm and efficient, and we will definitely be back. We especially appreciated the helpful accommodation of my partner's food sensitivities, despite the special Mother's Day menu. Thank-you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was terrific andT1or2Dined on 4/30/2013The food was terrific and Haley our server did a stellar job. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem! Excellent food,AngeleyesDined on 4/28/2013What a gem! Excellent food, no crowds, attentive service all at reasonable prices. We drive from Port Coquitlam just to come for dinner.Special Features:
- Overall we all enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013Overall we all enjoyed the restaurant and our server was excellent. We're a bit disappointed with the food flavors. Some of us had the cioppino and the broth could use a dash more flavour. One had the ravioli and it was a very dry dish with little to no sauce. Salads and desserts were excellent.
- Great little findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Very friendly wait staff, attentive to our needs. Food was surprisingly good for a small neighborhood restaurant. We were one of the last patrons in and stayed well past closing but our waitress left us to enjoy our meal and evening. Would definately recommend this location.Special Features:
- Siena is a delightful casualSpoiledrottenDined on 4/20/2013Siena is a delightful casual place just off Granville Street with a relaxed Mediterranean bistro atmosphere, providing a good selection of reasonably priced food and wine. There is a blackboard of daily specials, offering more variety as well as a balanced set menu. Food and service has been consistently well done on the several visits we've made; one time dropping in without reservation to be seated at the bar. To start, we always order spaghetti puttanesca to share in addition to one of the daily special appetizers and have never been disappointed. Reservations are a must especially on nights when the Stanley Theatre is busy. As it is a small place, it can be a little noisy when it is full but that is part of its charm, a real gem!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, would beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Nice restaurant, would be great before the Stanley. Very affordable price fixe menu. The wait service was good, but felt like they were rushing us out at the end, wanted tea and coffee and they brought the bill.Special Features:
- We love Siena. It's a greatTonipDined on 4/14/2013We love Siena. It's a great neighborhood restaurant for us. The pasta specials are always unique and delicious. We have never been disappointed and go back often.Special Features:
- My partner and I love Siena.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013My partner and I love Siena. It's our favourite restaurant, and we frequently take friends and family along with us. Everyone is always impressed and they thoroughly enjoy their Siena experience. The service is always as impressive as the food!Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprised.ObanoneVIPDined on 4/13/2013Very pleasantly surprised. Great service. Simple but outstanding fresh food offerings. We had the three course special for $29 prior to attending the theatre. Timing was perfect. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great atmosphere,ReeseVIPDined on 4/10/2013Delicious food, great atmosphere, and superb service!Special Features:
- The food was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2013The food was really good. Lamb ravioli,special pasta, brushetta and their special appetizer were all excellent. Our waitress was cheery and efficient. I wish we could have stayed longer and tried their desserts. A great spot for dinner. She automatically gave us the discount because we had Stanley Theater tickets. We will go back. My only complaint was that next time, we will book a bit earlier because when we wanted to leave for the Play, everyone was requesting their bill.Special Features:
- This is a terrific restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/9/2013This is a terrific restaurant. The food is first rate, the service pleasant, informed and attentive. The music in a confined space when most tables are full and talkative is too loud. My only complaint.Special Features:
- We had dinner prior to attendingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/9/2013We had dinner prior to attending a production at the Stanley on a Tuesday evening. Seeing at least a dozen or more people turned away, we were happy we had made a reservation...something I would highly recommend, especially on a performance night. Service was friendly and efficient and food was very good. The menu is not extensive but every dish sounded appealing. We both had the arugula salad-very good dressing-I had the lamb ravioli (delicious) while my husband had the lItalian sausage with cous cous ( also very good). This was our second visit and we were not disappointed. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Appetizer (smoked salmon)analystDined on 4/7/2013Appetizer (smoked salmon) was nicely presented and delicious. The main course (lamb ravioli) was also good. The desserts were adequate but nothing special.Special Features:
- Very noisy the night we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Very noisy the night we were there. Room very open so nothing to block the sounds. Hard to hold a conversation.
- EXCELLENT YET SIMPLE MENU.RandaDined on 4/5/2013EXCELLENT YET SIMPLE MENU. THREE COURSE MENU IS GOOD VALUESpecial Features:
- I had a lovely dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013I had a lovely dinner with the girls at Siena. We had some flavorful salads to start, my friend got the last Beet salad which was on special. We couldn't decide between all the wonderful main course options, we'll have to go back for more! The chicken with lentils & mushrooms was delicious, and everyone loved the pasta that was on special. Great service, although it took a while to get our mains. Ended the night with a delicious brownie :) Lovely meal, wonderful company, and great service.Special Features: