1485 W 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H3J5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsiena.com/
- Phone: (604) 558-1485
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Jessica Howery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book the restaurant for your next event. Central location, comfortable space, wonderful food and free parking make it easy to plan a memorable party at Siena.
- Private Party Contact: Tess 6045581485x
A word from Siena
Simple, delicious, fresh local food in a relaxed space, the gently rustic Siena yields a bounty of Italian flavours, perfect before a show at the nearby Stanley Theatre, or after a day of shopping or gallery-hopping on Granville Rise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Siena reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)fit for foodies (88)romantic (44)special occasion (42)notable wine list (24)good for groups (21)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic findRobvanDined on 9/4/2014My only complaint would be the lack of spirits. However, settling for wine wasn't the end of the world. Absolutely fantastic, will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best.DctennisDined on 8/29/2014Siena is the best restaurant in Vancouver. The quality of the food as well as the service is extraordinary. Always a fantastic experience. The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!!!Kyu101Dined on 8/29/2014As previous reviews have mentioned, this is a small restaurant, so are the portions and it is a bit pricey. The food is good, if you like dining out and experiencing Italian food, this is one restaurant I would recommend and the House Special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovery Neigbourhood GemPeckishDined on 8/22/2014This was my first visit to Siena and we will back. The meal was fresh, delicious and creative. We started with an excellent antipasto plate for two ($20) and it was delicious with a good selection of meats, pickles, olives, figs, toasted foccacia triangles, etc. I had a salade nicoise with ling cod that was absolutely delicous. The service was attentive and professional and the ambiance comfortable and invitiing. Good value and lovely meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodkkristofDined on 8/20/2014Food was fabulous, restaurant was cute. Very loud as two large groups were in the restaurant.
- Attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were a small group, and enjoyed ourselves, thanks to the service being thoughtful and helpful.Special Features:
- Best pasta ever!KateDined on 8/14/2014It's small but cozy. We loved the food taste and definitely would go back. Cocktail not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena DinnerAlekDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant was well decorated and homey - likely a family-owned establishment. The ambiance of the facility was splendid and served as a wonderful date spot. Food wise, everything tasted and looked great. Pricing was extremely reasonable considering the quality of the food and establishment. Our waiter was also amazing. The wine recommended by him was delicious and well-priced. I would definitely consider going back again.
- Gabi45Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food, friendly service. Recommended for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 250 reviews are from the Siena reviews archive.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Always good food good service. Favorite spot for Italian. Thanks for Half price wine on Monday!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencefoodlover604Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing food. Great wine selection. Warm and efficient service. The host (owner?) made us feel special when we arrived, and remembered us from the last visit. We had a "Grappa Negroni" and a "Burnt Siena" from the cocktail list, fantastic and refreshing on a hot day. Great wine selection from Italy, Spain and France. Shared an amazing Antipasti platter before moving on to a delicious Pea and Pancetta Ravioli, Lingcod Salade Nicoise, then a slow-braised beef "Brasato" that was the best meal I've had this year! We finished with a warm raspberry rhubarb polenta cake that was truly amazing! Our server looked after us with ease and efficiency, and really didn't miss a beat. I would recommend this charming little place to anyone. Super Value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a touch of arroganceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Trendy menu with good food but nothing memorable. Overall the menu was a bit arrogant. The limits to the menu ( eg no coffee only Americano) and waiter feeling he needed to warn me that the drink I selected was "strong" reflected this attitude. While it is a good little place in the neighborhood not sure I would go out of my way to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vancouver foodieVancouverfoodie14Dined on 7/12/2014Siena is the perfect spot for a delicious, fresh and memorable Italian meal. Their quaint atmosphere and professional service truly adds to the experience and the food is always consistent in quality. I've dined there at least three times and have enjoyed every meal. A true neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- SiennaEllybetDined on 7/11/2014On the plus side the salads were great and my friends' risotto and Spag with mussels/chorizo were good. But the AC had broken down and it was 80+. They should have offered a free drink or similar to compensate. Decor was sparse and unwelcoming. The staff were friendly but the service was patchy. Spag puttanesca was bland and no bread was offered. Why not? Bread costs peanuts and is given free in European restaurants as part of the welcome to patrons. If you purport to be an Italian restaurant offer good bread - free.
- neighbourhood gem!cathymacDined on 7/10/2014fabulous buratta salad every season! Delicious gluten free pasta! All within walking distance of home. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighbourhood gem!leo1020Dined on 7/10/2014My second visit to this friendly Italian bistro was as perfect as the first. The food is great, the people attentive and the ambiance charming, bright and airy. With free parking at the back after 6 and its proximity to local theatres, it is a worthy destination. Will return again soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighbourhood gempkwokDined on 7/7/2014The food is not only delicious but also very reasonable value for money. 4 of us went there, and we all ordered different things, yet all dishes were great. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Spectacular & UnpretentioussfrefVIPDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I dined at Siena the last evening of a four day trip to Vancouver. We recommend it highly. There are very special things going on in the kitchen of this restaurant, both creatively and in preparation and execution. I had a grilled salmon special that was simply to die for, as was the fig and gorgonzola salad with baby greens that I had as a first course. Siena's treatment of the assorted olive appetizer is not to be missed - I won't give away the secret of the preparation. The wine list is OK, but could use a little help. However, given the attentive and friendly service, and the extraordinary food, creatively prepared, Siena is not to be missed when dining in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEatwellDined on 6/23/2014We went to Siena with our nephew, his girlfriend and our teenage son. It was delicious. The specials were outstanding. The gorgonzola and pea shoot salad is excellent. All meals were very tasty and fresh. (Bonus as Monday's are half price wine bottles!) Great food for good price. Well worth it. Service was wonderful too.Special Features:
- CWGHVIPDined on 6/19/2014Great little place with amazing food and attentive staffSpecial Features:
- pre-theatre diningsundawnjoyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Just around the corner from the Stanley. But allot enough time to enjoy your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- south granville favouriteValvdgDined on 6/16/2014Siena has a better than average wine list at fair prices made excellent on half price Mondays. The food seems to be consistent although some dishes are more generous than others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnertheatredinerDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner here recently with friends, prior to a show at The Stanley Theatre. We had the three course menu for $32.00, which was fabulous and great value for money. The service was perfect considering the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- luvgoodfoodDined on 6/13/2014Very nice the food was enticing and delicious the courses were far enough apart that at NO point did we feel rushed Our server was both friendly and professional we were met at the door by a nice man and received a window seat as we had requested the wine was a bit pricey but very nice all the same so we will go on a Monday next time , but will still consider it a viable option for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each bite was a taste delight2014greatDined on 6/11/2014Neighbourhood gem. Great food, service, great wine - All reasonably priced. Nice ambiance, not overdone - all add up to an enjoyable evening. Server choose great wine to match the food. From our first bit, we savoured each dish. We choose the 3 course menu: spinach salad, pork tenderloin, special warm fig cake. The other person choose the bean soup, the risotto, and the chocolate cake. Siena always delivers quality. Whenever possible, the food is locally sourced.Special Features:
- Quiet and comfortableValvdgDined on 6/9/2014A nice quiet spot for a relaxing dinner. Nice wine list moderately priced. I've enjoyed the dishes I've had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not outstandingYummyVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was my third time here. My dining companions and I have always enjoyed the food. No complaints. But all three times, with different friends, we found the noise level too high. Yes, it is a small restaurant but with proper use of soft surfaces, noise can easily be dampened. Then diners can have a proper conversation. Service is friendly but food was very slow to arrive on our last visit.Special Features:
- Great effort to make up for mistakeFrelanDined on 6/5/2014Although the server got my wife's order wrong, he went to great lengths to make it up to us such as some champagne and after dinner liquors. We all make mistakes so it was nice to see effort to make things right. We have always enjoyed the food at Siena and our last experience was no exception. Great place to eat before going to a play at the Stanley Theatre. Good value to price ratio. Ingredients are fresh and the menu is reasonable priced.Special Features:
- SienaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Pros: food was tasty; 3-course prix fixe menu is good value; service was friendly and thorough; 15% discount for Arts Club ticket holders so nice for pre-performance meal. Cons: menu selection was limited; a la carte prices are a little steep for a local bistro experience; food was tasty but didn't knock my socks off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...Nickm007VIPDined on 6/3/2014The food was 5/5, but it was empty on a sunny Tuesday night, and strangely it took ages to get food to the table. It also seemed expensive $72 for two with no alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Enjoyed another fine meal with attentive service. Great restaurant just around the corner from the Stanley Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LORODined on 5/30/2014Good food and great wine. We brought our friends and they loved the restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:
- Ideal pre-theatre optionrepeatdinerVIPDined on 5/27/2014Siena staff and kitchen do a great job of producing a quality meal (at a good price point) and excellent (albeit understandably rushed) service for parties looking to go to Stanley Theater events. Our party of 7 arrived at 6:00 and were able to leave comfortably at 7:10 for the theatre, having had appetizers, entrees, desserts, wine, and coffees. The food was of quality, the only disappointment a chicken pasta special -- visually and taste-wise not appealing. Shrimp ravioli, hangar steak, risotto, pork tenderloin -- all just fine. Desserts OK. One has to eat quickly, which is to be expected. Will return when again going to a play event.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014we had a early reservation so we almost had the place to our selves but it quicly filled up food was good and service was great a nice little restaurant give it a try menu changes weeklySpecial Features:
- AlmaDined on 5/23/2014We liked most everything about Siena, but found it exceptionally noisy. When I was in San Francisco restaurant listings had bells beside them indicating the noise level in the establishments. I thought this was a very good idea. We are an older couple and find noisy places hard to handle. Apart from that we enjoyed everything - the food, the service and it's a convenient spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very friendly experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014The food was very very good - I had the Spot Prawns because they were in season and was not disappointed. The wine that was highlighted was superb. I loved the small size of the restaurant and very happy that Siena took reservations. Some of the smaller restaurants don't seem to take reservations any longer and I just hate standing in line, hovering over all the diners, waiting for a table. Definitely be singing Siena's praises for the next couple of weeks and I will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014Food below past. Waiter poor on complaint. Spot prawns soft. Quantity down price up. Complaint handled poorly.
- Authentic, well-preparedMangiaVIPDined on 5/17/2014We return to Siena because of the superb food and excellent service. They are also well-informed on celiac choices, making the experience great for everyone. A wonderful before the show dinner for the Pacific and Stanley Theatres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner & Theatre NightSpaGirlsDined on 5/16/2014What a great find for a quick but delicious dinner. The special of the day was the choice of all and plates were all left cleaned. A good sign! We finished off with sharing deserts in plenty of time to make it to our seats at the Stanley. The bonus was theatre goers discount. Will certainly be back.Special Features:
- dinner before the theatreEconomistAtLargeDined on 5/15/2014We have dinner at Siena before attending the Arts Club Theatre around the corner, so we go about once a month or so. Great food and pleasant if a bit noisy venue. I think most if not all of our fellow diners are heading for the same place so the service slows down a bit during the meal as it gets busier and busier, but they always get us out in good time to take our seats at the Arts Club. No hesitation in recommending this place!I would recommend this to a friend.