51 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienatavern.com/
- Phone: 3125951322
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am - 3pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 3:00am
Kitchen Closes at 11pm Sunday - Weds | Pizza Bar Open until Midnight
Kitchen Closes at Midnight Thurs, Fri, Sat | Pizza Bar Open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Blonsky/Fabio Viviani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Siena Tavern
Siena Tavern will bring the sophistication and charisma of Viviani’s cuisine as well as the energy of a bustling bar, to the epicenter of Chicago’s dining scene in River North. Combining Fabio’s crowd-pleasing made-from-scratch menu with DineAmic’s success in the hospitality sphere, Siena Tavern offers diners an experience that is simultaneously comfortable, vibrant and social as well as polished. Located at 51 W. Kinzie Street, (intersection of Kinzie & Dearborn) in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, SienaTavern becomes the fourth hospitality concept from DineAmic Group, which currently owns and operates the highly successful Public House and Bull & Bear properties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siena Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (225)hot spot (178)vibrant bar scene (151)special occasion (144)good for groups (143)great for outdoor dining (117)great for lunch (107)neighborhood gem (84)great for brunch (75)notable wine list (67)romantic (59)late-night find (44)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Definitely a Top 5 Fave!Nickle14Dined on 9/16/2014I was in Chicago on business with a group and this restaurant was recommended by a local co-worker. It did not disappoint. The atmosphere was rustic and fun, we had a cool booth that was a little cozy for 5 of us, but worked out well. The bar was happening, but not too loud that you couldn't hear yourself talk to the person next to you. From the Wagyu Beef gigantic meatball to the Short Rib Ravioli and homemade donuts for dessert, everything we had was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- only one problem....shr15VIPDined on 9/15/2014Amazing food, great decor. Problem is that with the very loud music, it is almost impossible to carry on a conversation. I accordingly would not come here for business or a date. The food is so great....I don't see why they want to be a nightclub too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't have a titleBeginnerfoodieDined on 9/14/2014We were greeted at the front door with a big smile and friendly voice. AWESOME job! The bartender got two of our three drinks quickly but was a bit slow on the third. Before we got the third drink our table was ready. Our server was patient with us because we had a tough time deciding and she made a few recommendations. We had one of the pizzas, the squid ink pasta and the brick oven chicken. Food came out in a timely manner and all your servers and bussers work quite well together as a team. We LOVED our food except the sticky potatoes weren't "sticky" but they were VERY good. The music wasn't so loud that we had to yell to hear each other speak but I like the music when eating very soft background music...that's me though. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals of my life!!TomolyDined on 9/14/2014I can't say enough about this restaurant. The food was unbelievable and the staff was beyond attentive. We will for sure be back!! I just wish Fabio was there visiting tables. :)Special Features:
- Fabulous cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second time dining, great spot for a fun night out with friends. I actually like a later dinner at Sienna, it has a great supper-club vibe. I'd recommend the Wagu meatball, and the grilled octopus - both are fabulous starts. We also loved the cocktails - have a #10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!FoodieMommaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I've been here 4 times now and everytime I've had great service and good food! We even brought my 2 year old with for a 4:45 reservation this time and they were great about accommodating. No specific kids menu, but they whipped up a pasta dish she loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great food! Great Service! Fav restaurant in Chicago by far!Special Features:
- Trendy ItalianMichelleVIPDined on 9/12/2014Good overall, but not my favorite Italian in Chicago. Seemed like it was trying too hard to be trendy to justify $30 pasta dishes. Appetizers- coccoli - my favorite thing of the night - and waygu meatball, very good, the most traditional dish I tried. Dinner: gnocci - a bit cheesy/chewy rather than pillowy, but flavor and the sauce was very good. Tagliatelle with lobster was excellent when hot, but started to gum up as soon as the steam stopped rising. Eat it fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste buddiesNickDined on 9/12/2014Everything TASTED amazing. Friendly, knowledgeable server did a fantastic job making us feel COMFORTABLE and WELCOME. She did a great job describing everything. Cool atmosphere / decor. We will definitely be back to try other items in the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAngelinaDined on 9/11/2014Delicious food, great friendly service, in a comfortable atmosphere. We will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and drinksJensviewDined on 9/7/2014It was a really great atmosphere but the food didn't live up to the hype.Lasagna was good but had a lot of meat and felt more like a chili. It was still good but just wasn't what I was expecting for a lasagna. Service was great and drinks were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!JillVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been a Top Chef fan since the beginning. I was so happy and excited when I heard that Fabio Viviani was opening his restaurant in my home town. We went for my birthday and Fabio was kind enough to indulge me with a picture and a hug. Wow!!! Ok back to the food. We were a party of 6 and orderded a lot of different items. Everything was delicious and interesting. The pastas and pizza crust were to die for. We also had 3 shared desserts that were so incredible you had to roll all of us out.The service was impeccable. Our waiter was the greatest. I can"t wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The food was absolutely delicious! I especially recommend the Crudo.Special Features:
- Must TryBellyanneDined on 9/5/2014This place is perfect for a date night - but best reserved for a special occasion as $ per plate is on the highter end. The noise level is up there, but you won't find yourselves yelling across the table once acclimated to the environment. Our waiter was ecellent! He knew the menu very well and answered questions we had on the menu, making exceptional recommendations when asked. I had the NOT so average Spaghetti! Lumps of crab and roasted grape tomatos - Yummo! The celebrant had the Halibut - also a solid choice. We skipped out on apps as it was a late (9:45p) dinner - but don't skip the dessert. Bongolinos (sp?) are a must! The whiskey caramel is the winning injection sauce. Order it and you'll understand what I'm talking about.Special Features:
- I LOVED IT!LesRDined on 9/4/2014I have been wanting to go to Siena Tavern for a couple of years but don't live near one. I was very happy to see it across the street from my hotel in Chicago last week. I immediatly jumped on OpenTable and booked a reservation for the following evening. I was not disappointed, well, Fabio could have been there and that really would have made it complete!! My friend and I first split the Coccoli - which are dough balls and you fill them with proscuitto and cheese and honey -- divine. We then split the Brick Chicken Diavolo. This was by far the best chicken dish I have ever had at a restaurant! So juicy, the skin was so crisp but not greasy. OH SO GOOD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena Tavern - Olive Garden?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/4/2014If you like the Olive Garden, you'll love Siena Tavern. My 20 year old nephew commented "this tasts like Chef Boyardee." Pretty much sums it up. Absolutely, not fit for foodies!Special Features:
- Always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014This was our "Anniversary Lunch" visit and once again, perfect. Our server was great, food fantastic and drinks wonderful! Always consistent and so fresh!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2014Always excellent! We love everything about Siena Tavern!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014We ate outside since it was such a nice evening. We loved the menu, the waitress and the timing of the dinner. Really a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & good service thoughtfulDinneroutDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Siena tavern. I had booked reservation for our anniversary and they were aware. They were very thoughtful and provided a complimentary dessert (beignets) to die for. All the food and drink were good. I would recommend.Special Features:
- example of Chicago's finestAnnanVIPDined on 8/29/2014pretty sure we had a "rookie" waitress, but other staff covered for her and made service acceptable. Food was excellent. Outstanding veal chop. Halibut also excellent. Don't miss the meatball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMarkDined on 8/29/2014Every dish was amazing, waitress was fantastic - knew the menu inside and out and had excellent recommendations. Wonderful dining experience and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!foodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014the coccoli and other small plates were all so delicious! the pizza's are also very good - not heavily drenched with cheese & sauceSpecial Features:
- Fab foodGooseVIPDined on 8/28/2014Best Osso Buco I've ever had. Coccoli (sp?) appetizer was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatballsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014Stopped here for lunch and thought the food was good, for the most part. I ordered the wagyu meatball sandwich. The meatballs were fabulously tasty and well textured with a hearty dose of tangy tomato sauce and a dollop of ricotta salata cheese. Really good. But the bread…was a disappointment. Too much sponge, not enough crispy crust crunch. The sogginess took away from what was, otherwise, a great tasting sandwich. The side of fries did make up for it-- possibly the BEST fries in the city. Thin, crispy, tasty, not greasy at all. I would come back just for the fries.. and those meatballs on a plate.. hold the bread.Special Features:
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Average for a top chef. Signature dishes weren't impressive.
- CharmingLunchResVIPDined on 8/23/2014Finally made it to Siena and it was worth it. Service was great, food was amazing, staff was extremely friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchLichterDined on 8/23/2014I had been to Siena Tavern before for a late afternoon snack and just went back for a brunch date. I must say that I was impressed by their weekend brunch. The eggs benedict were delicious and my date had the scramble. She also said it was fantastic. The service was on par with what I would expect from Siena and I will be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm going back to SienaTBAISDDined on 8/20/2014Our party of 4 couldn't decide which meal was the best because everything was outstanding! The brick chicken, the gnochhi-oh my! The waitress rushed quite a bit-we had to ask for spoons for the gazpacho and for the gelato...otherwise a perfect evening! We will make this our first stop when we return to Chicago.Special Features:
- So full, will have to come back!practicaldining1Dined on 8/20/2014My colleagues and I had the coccini, wygu meatball, carne pizza, papardelle, and gnocchi. The coccini and gnocchi were unbelievable. We also loved the warm infused donuts. We all shared! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2014Everything was great--food (unbelievable), service, noise level was fine, wine list reasonable and high quality. Great location. Only drawback is that it is hard to get a reservation here unless you book weeks in advance. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner for 3DenacDined on 8/16/2014I was hesitant about Siena Tavern because the only time available for reservations was after 10pm. The website mentions how the bar offers walk in seating but once arriving to the restaurant and seeing the bar it was extremely crowded and the noise level was intense not ideal for an intimate dinner! Certainly make your reservations early! The menu was small but offered a variety of things. Between three of us we shared Smoked mozerella with honey comb, margherita pizza, lasagna, and Parmesan potatoes. everything was delicious but the pizza was a little dry. The lasagna was my favorite it wasn't loaded with cheese but had lots of flavorful beef, delicious! We were out for my bday and I was given gelato it was great! I would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are glad the others were BookedKimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/16/2014While this may not have been our first choice the food was incredible. The wine list even better. My wife and I ate for what seemed like 3 hours but we wanted to try a little of everything. We could not afford to pass up the 2003 Dom Perignon at that price. It was served in champagne goblets. I know, Wow. They sat us in the bar are facin the pizza oven. THAT is the place to be. We had the meatball and prosciutto appetizers as well as a couple cheeses. We made a special request which chef Fabio himself accommodated and delivered with a huge smile. Chef Fabio told us Not to let them sit too long. He came back about 10 minutes later and we had devoured the dish. He was surprised and VERY happy. Steve the Waiter did a great job.Special Features:
- Good butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014I can't complain. The food was delicious and the service good but it lacked options. The menu was limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningirlVIPDined on 8/14/2014Trendy , hot spot which also happens to have incredible pasta , pizza and gelato out of this world . A good bar tender makes a mean martini . Good people watching with mostly 20 to 30 something's but a few oldsters thrown in . I would come even without the peoples watching due to the amazing pasta .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration Restaurantrunred15Dined on 8/14/2014Love Fabio and his recipes. Food was fabulous especially lobster and squid ink pasta! Great date dinner as I celebrated my birthday here and it was just greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the HypedinersDined on 8/13/2014As Top Chef fans, we were excited to visit Fabio Viviani's Siena Tavern. We anticipated a good dining experience, and we were impressed beyond our expectations. Even though we arrived twenty minutes early, our table was ready before we even had a chance to order a drink at the bar. Our server was personable, knew the menu well, and was extremely helpful and honest about offering suggestions. The food was outstanding, including the Brussels sprouts salad and the short rib ravioli. The atmosphere was exciting, but not so loud that conversation was difficult. The great food and welcoming atmosphere clearly reflected the restaurant's creator.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive Staff wonderful foodyummy2Dined on 8/12/2014Some of the best Italian dishes in town. Must try the sea salt caramel gelato.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!JimfromWestervilleDined on 8/10/2014We were in town for a weekend visit and a friend recommended the Siena Tavern. We were very pleased with the choice. The service was absolutely fantastic and the food equally exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tytnupDined on 8/9/2014The food was outstanding, The service was the best, We let our waitress pick all of are appetizer's and we had 5. And then we had 2- deserts and they were the best. And believe it or not the bill at the end was not as bad as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.