51 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienatavern.com/
- Phone: 3125951322
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am - 3pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 3:00am
Kitchen Closes at 11pm Sunday - Weds | Pizza Bar Open until Midnight
Kitchen Closes at Midnight Thurs, Fri, Sat | Pizza Bar Open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Blonsky/Fabio Viviani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Siena Tavern
Siena Tavern will bring the sophistication and charisma of Viviani’s cuisine as well as the energy of a bustling bar, to the epicenter of Chicago’s dining scene in River North. Combining Fabio’s crowd-pleasing made-from-scratch menu with DineAmic’s success in the hospitality sphere, Siena Tavern offers diners an experience that is simultaneously comfortable, vibrant and social as well as polished. Located at 51 W. Kinzie Street, (intersection of Kinzie & Dearborn) in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, SienaTavern becomes the fourth hospitality concept from DineAmic Group, which currently owns and operates the highly successful Public House and Bull & Bear properties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siena Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (227)hot spot (191)vibrant bar scene (153)good for groups (140)special occasion (136)great for outdoor dining (107)great for lunch (87)neighborhood gem (84)notable wine list (69)great for brunch (57)romantic (55)late-night find (35)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- 10/18OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Host very accommodating with a table change. Waitress gave a lot of suggestions and recommendations for our tasteSpecial Features:
- Loved itBosleyDined on 10/16/2014Love the small plates of Italian foods. Don't miss the meatball! Desserts are fantastic especially the donuts with special sauces. Have fun here!Special Features:
- Outstanding!Graciegirl13Dined on 10/16/2014I can't get enough of this restaurant! The food is outstanding as is the service. Burnt pepperoni and any of the mozzarella dish's I would recommend. Top notch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outChi26Dined on 10/11/2014The drinks, apps and pizza were delicious. The moneybread dessert was heavenly! Great place to kick off the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GoodieFoodieChiDined on 10/10/2014We had an amazing time here. We had a huge group (more than what we put down for the reservation) the staff tried to accommodate us as much as possible and we were able to squeeze into our booth and had a wonderful server. We tried many items on the menu and not one disappointed. I can't wait to go back to try the favorites again for date night.Special Features:
- Tenn2ChicagoDined on 10/7/2014The meatball starter is a meal in itself. A great Chicago restaurant to add to your favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrufflesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014AMAZING TRUFFLE PIZZA AND PIZZA. THE FOOD IS GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodstevorinoDined on 10/6/2014We came for our anniversary. They treated us right. We had a booth waiting for us, as requested, and were offered complimentary processo. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. The food was prepared flawlessly and the cocktails were outstanding. Nearly everything on the menu would qualify as accessible but interesting. We're spoiled here in Chicago, with so many outstanding options, so I would be remiss if I weren't to mention that more notable cuisine could be had elsewhere. But in nearly every other US city save NY or SF, this would be the top choice in town, and folks would be lucky to have it. I must also point out that I've spent far more at other restaurants and left far less satisfied. For quality and overall pleasure, Siena is a gem.Special Features:
- foodpf48Dined on 10/3/2014Just got back from Tuscany and often sampled gnocchi (my favorite) and yours with truffle cream was better than any I had there. Yummy! My companion had the beef filled ravioli. He usually does not eat bread, but asked for some to sop up all the juices. The food was outstanding. On the other hand: disappointed that we had to ask for bread. I found the printed menu to be very unappealing. And the noise level made it very difficult to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!NewfoodyDined on 10/2/2014If you're looking for a great place in river north, this spot fits it. We went for my boyfriends birthday and not only was our server Caitlin so amazing and really knowledgable, but she brought over a birthday candle in the gelato dessert with a birthday card and a free dessert because she said we were really nice. Wow!!! Even the manager came over and said happy birthday. We got the wagyu meatball and truffle and mushroom pizza and the meatball was out of this world! The pizza was good but I wouldn't get it again, the mushroom flavor was overwhelming. If you really like mushrooms you will probably love it. For dessert we got the s'more gelato and bambolini donuts. Wow... Wow... Wow... Get the bambolinis!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but uncomfortableYumYumEdVIPDined on 10/2/2014Be sure to get one of the cushioned tables because even though we had reservations, we were put on stools that were absolutely uncomfortable as they were hard as a rock and squeezed so close to each other I thought I was in NYC eating. The food was good but wow, where we sat was a complete distraction from the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014A friend and I live in a dead zone for food. When she had to fly out of Chicago for business we decided to make a night of it and went to Siena Tavern. Going to this restaurant made us believe in good food again. Everything we had was amazing. Service was great, everything came out at exactly the right time. I would definitely go there again with out hesitation and will definitely recommend any friends visiting the city to go there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow DownBonAppetitDined on 9/28/2014I loved this place for lunch as I have taken multiple clients here. Considering the great experience I had then, I decided to take a friend to dinner for her birthday. Horrible experience, to the point I will not be back at this restaurant. The review doesn't have an option for Noise Level as too loud, but if there was I would pick it. The main reason I am so disgusted with this experience is the waitress rushed the plates out throughout the meal. I actually got my bill before I got the dessert. I spent over $180 for a meal that would have lasted less then 30 minutes if we did try to slow her down by sipping our martinis. Sorry Siena Tavern, I don't care how hot your scene is, being rushed through a meal ruins any dining experience.Special Features:
- No rush. No problems.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014A very energetic but not crowded hot spot. The tables are not cramped and there is no rush in service for such a popular place. Between 6 people we had 10 items off the menu and all were fantastic.Special Features:
- JunctionGirlDined on 9/26/2014Great food, fast service, felt a tiny but rushed at timesSpecial Features:
- Great service with a smile!PranaVAVIPDined on 9/25/2014I was visiting Chicago and met up with some friends here. From the beginning, the staff here was so very nice. The hosts were awesome in making sure we got seated (we opted to hang out in the bar area). The wine choices are great. The bartender was sweet. She let me taste a few ones until picking an Italian red. The food was just okay to me. I ordered two things and they both tasted really salty. My friends devoured the meatballs which looked great, but I don't eat red meat. I'm thinking maybe the meat dishes are the best. I ordered scallops and then the cauliflower. I'd come back when I'm in town again.Special Features:
- Best Lunch SpotSouthSideFoodieDined on 9/25/2014Everything about Siena Tavern is outstanding. The food is to die for. The service is top notch and extremely knowledgeable. The scene is great during the daytime for business or in the evening for being out. I have been to Siena for many business lunches in the past few weeks, eaten inside, outside and once at the bar. I continue to be impressed with the food, the people and the service.Special Features:
- Can't Get EnoughMagenVIPDined on 9/23/2014I cannot get enough of Siena Tavern. Everything on their menu is spot on. On my most recent trip I tried the Burrata, Grilled Octopus, Broccolini, and Tagliatelle. Everything was outstanding and I'm not going to lie the Tagliatelle is the best pasta I've ever had. This place is well worth the price and I can't get back here soon enough.Special Features:
- Gazpacho, burrata, ravioli oh mypac28VIPDined on 9/23/2014Love the the ambiance and decor. My service was excellent. Started with the gazpacho, i liked it. You must like cucumber to order this dish. It had a bit of heat to it and the end. Then I had the burrata, it was so silky, but my favorite part of the dish was the tomato jam. Next up was the short rib ravioli, truthfully it didn't blow me away but it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!urbantosuburbanDined on 9/21/2014Fabulous. The coccoli, smoked mozzarella (actually my favorite), hamachi, kale salad, prosciutto sausage, squid ink linguine and of course the bomboloni!!! YUM! It is quite loud there- so go early if you want to be able to hear your fellow dinners!Special Features:
- Great time, but a little loudSommerDined on 9/20/2014Our visit to the Sienna Tavern was amazing- the food was first rate, and our server was excellent. We had dinner reservations at 10:30, so perhaps it was the late night time of our visit, but it was so loud that out of the 5 of us in the booth, only the two of us closest to the aisle could hear our server, much less each other, without raising our voices. We still enjoyed the experience, we just couldn't chat the way we wanted. I'd still suggest this locale, just plan for the energetic feel of the evening, so perhaps not select it for a nice, conversational dinner location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/18/2014I usually go for brunch, which I prefer. It was just way too loud on a Thursday night.
- Great lunch!MellimellDined on 9/18/2014I enjoy the variety on the menu and the short rib ravioli was fabulous! Its like this restaurant was made just for me. ;)Special Features:
- Definitely a Top 5 Fave!Nickle14Dined on 9/16/2014I was in Chicago on business with a group and this restaurant was recommended by a local co-worker. It did not disappoint. The atmosphere was rustic and fun, we had a cool booth that was a little cozy for 5 of us, but worked out well. The bar was happening, but not too loud that you couldn't hear yourself talk to the person next to you. From the Wagyu Beef gigantic meatball to the Short Rib Ravioli and homemade donuts for dessert, everything we had was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- only one problem....shr15VIPDined on 9/15/2014Amazing food, great decor. Problem is that with the very loud music, it is almost impossible to carry on a conversation. I accordingly would not come here for business or a date. The food is so great....I don't see why they want to be a nightclub too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't have a titleBeginnerfoodieDined on 9/14/2014We were greeted at the front door with a big smile and friendly voice. AWESOME job! The bartender got two of our three drinks quickly but was a bit slow on the third. Before we got the third drink our table was ready. Our server was patient with us because we had a tough time deciding and she made a few recommendations. We had one of the pizzas, the squid ink pasta and the brick oven chicken. Food came out in a timely manner and all your servers and bussers work quite well together as a team. We LOVED our food except the sticky potatoes weren't "sticky" but they were VERY good. The music wasn't so loud that we had to yell to hear each other speak but I like the music when eating very soft background music...that's me though. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals of my life!!TomolyDined on 9/14/2014I can't say enough about this restaurant. The food was unbelievable and the staff was beyond attentive. We will for sure be back!! I just wish Fabio was there visiting tables. :)Special Features:
- Fabulous cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our second time dining, great spot for a fun night out with friends. I actually like a later dinner at Sienna, it has a great supper-club vibe. I'd recommend the Wagu meatball, and the grilled octopus - both are fabulous starts. We also loved the cocktails - have a #10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three month wait...DebVDined on 9/13/2014Though the food and service were commendable, the table we were seated at was extremely disappointing. The restaurant is full of large, spacious tables, but we were given the smallest spot in the back corner of the restaurant. After waiting three months to get a reservation at Siena Tavern, I was expecting the best of the best - I could not believe they sat us at the smallest table - this set the tone of the evening. This hard to get into restaurant should take into consideration how long some diners have waited to experience Siena Tavern. Why bother having two, small tables in a restaurant full of large tables - is it done purposefully to make some diners feel inferior? I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Another great meal!FoodieMommaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I've been here 4 times now and everytime I've had great service and good food! We even brought my 2 year old with for a 4:45 reservation this time and they were great about accommodating. No specific kids menu, but they whipped up a pasta dish she loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great food! Great Service! Fav restaurant in Chicago by far!Special Features:
- Trendy ItalianMichelleVIPDined on 9/12/2014Good overall, but not my favorite Italian in Chicago. Seemed like it was trying too hard to be trendy to justify $30 pasta dishes. Appetizers- coccoli - my favorite thing of the night - and waygu meatball, very good, the most traditional dish I tried. Dinner: gnocci - a bit cheesy/chewy rather than pillowy, but flavor and the sauce was very good. Tagliatelle with lobster was excellent when hot, but started to gum up as soon as the steam stopped rising. Eat it fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste buddiesNickDined on 9/12/2014Everything TASTED amazing. Friendly, knowledgeable server did a fantastic job making us feel COMFORTABLE and WELCOME. She did a great job describing everything. Cool atmosphere / decor. We will definitely be back to try other items in the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAngelinaDined on 9/11/2014Delicious food, great friendly service, in a comfortable atmosphere. We will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and drinksJensviewDined on 9/7/2014It was a really great atmosphere but the food didn't live up to the hype.Lasagna was good but had a lot of meat and felt more like a chili. It was still good but just wasn't what I was expecting for a lasagna. Service was great and drinks were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!JillVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been a Top Chef fan since the beginning. I was so happy and excited when I heard that Fabio Viviani was opening his restaurant in my home town. We went for my birthday and Fabio was kind enough to indulge me with a picture and a hug. Wow!!! Ok back to the food. We were a party of 6 and orderded a lot of different items. Everything was delicious and interesting. The pastas and pizza crust were to die for. We also had 3 shared desserts that were so incredible you had to roll all of us out.The service was impeccable. Our waiter was the greatest. I can"t wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The food was absolutely delicious! I especially recommend the Crudo.Special Features:
- Must TryBellyanneDined on 9/5/2014This place is perfect for a date night - but best reserved for a special occasion as $ per plate is on the highter end. The noise level is up there, but you won't find yourselves yelling across the table once acclimated to the environment. Our waiter was ecellent! He knew the menu very well and answered questions we had on the menu, making exceptional recommendations when asked. I had the NOT so average Spaghetti! Lumps of crab and roasted grape tomatos - Yummo! The celebrant had the Halibut - also a solid choice. We skipped out on apps as it was a late (9:45p) dinner - but don't skip the dessert. Bongolinos (sp?) are a must! The whiskey caramel is the winning injection sauce. Order it and you'll understand what I'm talking about.Special Features:
- I LOVED IT!LesRDined on 9/4/2014I have been wanting to go to Siena Tavern for a couple of years but don't live near one. I was very happy to see it across the street from my hotel in Chicago last week. I immediatly jumped on OpenTable and booked a reservation for the following evening. I was not disappointed, well, Fabio could have been there and that really would have made it complete!! My friend and I first split the Coccoli - which are dough balls and you fill them with proscuitto and cheese and honey -- divine. We then split the Brick Chicken Diavolo. This was by far the best chicken dish I have ever had at a restaurant! So juicy, the skin was so crisp but not greasy. OH SO GOOD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena Tavern - Olive Garden?TallulahDined on 9/4/2014If you like the Olive Garden, you'll love Siena Tavern. My 20 year old nephew commented "this tasts like Chef Boyardee." Pretty much sums it up. Absolutely, not fit for foodies!Special Features: