51 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienatavern.com/
- Phone: (312) 595-1322
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am - 3pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 3:00am
Kitchen Closes at 11pm Sunday - Weds | Pizza Bar Open until Midnight
Kitchen Closes at Midnight Thurs, Fri, Sat | Pizza Bar Open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Blonsky/Fabio Viviani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Siena Tavern
Siena Tavern will bring the sophistication and charisma of Viviani’s cuisine as well as the energy of a bustling bar, to the epicenter of Chicago’s dining scene in River North. Combining Fabio’s crowd-pleasing made-from-scratch menu with DineAmic’s success in the hospitality sphere, Siena Tavern offers diners an experience that is simultaneously comfortable, vibrant and social as well as polished. Located at 51 W. Kinzie Street, (intersection of Kinzie & Dearborn) in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, SienaTavern becomes the fourth hospitality concept from DineAmic Group, which currently owns and operates the highly successful Public House and Bull & Bear properties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Siena Tavern - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Siena Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (232)hot spot (202)good for groups (157)vibrant bar scene (152)special occasion (135)great for lunch (88)neighborhood gem (86)great for outdoor dining (83)notable wine list (68)romantic (61)great for brunch (58)late-night find (37)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- OK ItalianClementineDined on 11/20/2014Big lunch crowd, just ok Italian food. I had a pasta with a salty meat dish; my colleague had the margareta pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayJpiestDined on 11/16/2014With my wife being a huge fan of Fabio's what better place to take her for her birthday? I informed the staff of her birthday on my reservation and wow did they take care of her! Food was excellent, burrata mozzarella and octopus were the best of either we have EVER had. Everything else was top notch as well, we also did the bone marrow app and the prosciutto meat plate. I had the sea bass and she the pork chop which were both excellent. Dessert was great too, tiramisu was also the best I've ever had. Going to have to go back to try the things we couldn't fit in our belly's this trip! The staff was so gracious and wonderful to her for her birthday, really made her feel special and for that I am forever grateful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The Food was spectacular! We loved everything about the place. Can't wait to go again and try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat awesomeAceon18VIPDined on 11/16/2014First time, went before the Hawks game four of us shared this amazing meatball appetizer and a pear and prosciutto pizza split the brick chicken .. Loved, loved , loved it all. Great waiter, got us out in plenty of time for the game with a doggie bag for a late night snack after the game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My neighbor in LA , recommend this fabulous spot!KailuaMama1Dined on 11/14/2014The handmade pasta was scrumptious ! The Italian donuts melted in our mouths!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationEliJDined on 11/14/2014It was my first time visiting Siena, was highly recommended by colleagues. Very impressed by the food, would definitely go back again and again. The Waygu meatball was recommended by our server, an absolute must try. The only downfall: we were sat at a table too small to comfortably sit, eat, and work while lunching. Also, be prepared, this is not a place for a quick lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kale SaladAAbbDined on 11/11/2014I go there for the Kale Salad, Truffle Mushroom Pizza and the meatball. Other stuff on the menu is good too. The menu has great seafood options too and portion sizes are not too overwhelming. I love this place for its ambiance and their bar is vibrant even on a weekday. To me Siena is fancy casual. Its also in the neighborhood so always good for a meal and catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything delicioustbo41Dined on 11/8/2014This was the first time I have been to the restaurant. I enjoyed every dish from the starters to the dessert. The staff was very informative and helpful with every question. I will definitely tell everyone I know to go for the food and the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as last timecheezynonkVIPDined on 11/8/2014Everything was great, and the food was phenominal as expected. The only downfall was that the service was a bit slow, especially when we sat down it took a while to get drinks. Other than that, everything else was great.Special Features:
- Girl getawayDeeFDined on 11/7/2014Great night. Older gals getaway weekend with good drinks, great assortment of food. Great service! I chose the restaurant this night and everyone praised the choice.Special Features:
- Everything was perfectAbaumDined on 11/6/2014From our server to the wine and everything in between was awesome. One of the top ten meals I have ever eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharkb8Dined on 11/5/2014Great pasta, pizza, sandwiches and of course my favorite...The Kale Caesar Salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luigiDined on 11/3/2014Party of 8 we were given this nice separate and private room. Good choice of appetizers to share. High mark for the octopus. Pastas were good and right size - i don't like those huge size pasta dishes that fill you up. I had the chicken for entree and was very good. Nice wine list. Overall a fair price for a good italian restaurant in downtown chicago. We'll keep it in my short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JK440Dined on 11/3/2014I ate twice at the Sienna Tavern in the past 2 months, the qst time was wonderful, the ffod was great and service too. the suid ink lingiune was to die for. I went back a second time and brought a party of 8, I had the same dish was passable at best, my friends Veal was not great either. the service was poor, we waited over 20 mins to order apps and that was on a Monday night at 8:30. I might go back to see if the last meal was just a flukeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant was recommended by friends to me. I was celebrating my birthday and it was just perfect! Great atmosphere, great drinks, great food and the service was amazing. Definitely will recommend it to any of my friends who is spending time in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in every wayhappyDined on 11/1/2014We loved everything about Siena Tavern. There were 4 of us. We sampled the menu drinks and they were a bit sweet. We described what we were looking for and our server came back with custom mixed drinks that were perfect. We shared a number of items and loved everything! The food is delicious. Come hungry! Leave room for desert.Special Features:
- Not the same ole stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014The food was fabulous! If you like meatballs, this one on the appetizer list will blow you away. If you are looking for a variation of Italian food, you have to try this place. Leave room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking a break on Miracle MileDiningDivaDuoDined on 11/1/2014Mother/grown daughter visit to Windy City and returned to Siena Tavern for second time. Food was good, shared chop salad and pear flatbread pizza. Server recommended good wine choice and we had the chocolate torte for dessert. The server was attentive and friendly, the seats in the dining room were far enough apart for privacy and we had a great view by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is just okdoshVIPDined on 10/31/2014menu looks a lot better than it tastes, but it's not bad, just not necessarily worth the price. for better italian and similar atmosphere, i'd go to rpm any day.Special Features:
- My new 'Lunch GoTo' destinationwbbraunDined on 10/30/2014Great food, service & overall experience. The menu choices were plentiful and not your typical lunch fare. There were tasty combinations including nice seasonal selections. I had the harvest salad and tuna crudo while my friend selected the kale Parmesan caesar and hamachi crudo. Delicious! And, hi energy atmosphere. We will definitely return and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service but too loudMattVIPDined on 10/28/2014Siena Tavern is a nice addition to the River North culinary scene. The food was delightful and creative, the ingredients were fresh, and the service was impeccable. However, I went here on a business lunch and at times I had difficulty hearing my guest. The restaurant is too loud for a business lunch in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaySeventhirtythreeDined on 10/26/2014Hate this trend of menus that feature large appetizers or pseudo appetizers that are designed to be shared with the table. Unless you're with family or very close friends, sharing everything is awkward, and a pain in the neck. The food here is good, but the way the menu is set up is annoying. Any time it takes the server 15 minutes to "review" the menu with us, I know I'm in the wrong place. And it wasn't because she was describing the actual food or preparation, it was because she had to explain the size of each item, and tell us whether it was appropriate for sharing. It wasn't a horrible experience, but it was definitely overpriced and just okay.
- Pros & ConsHutchDined on 10/24/2014Pros: Got a great table; very nice bartender (from California) mixed a superb old fashioned; excellent lobster pasta. Cons: rude hostess; trying to get noticed in the bar to get drinks (thanks again man from Cal); no bread (really?).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty lunch optionsthreefriendsVIPDined on 10/24/2014The autumn menu at Sienna Tavern introduced some tasty options for lunch - the wagyu meatball sandwich and the charred chicken sandwich (both with parmesan fries) was delicious and hearty. The butternut squash tortellini was flavorful and I enjoyed the crunchy sage bits. This is a great option for a river north lunch.Special Features:
- Heard a lot of hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Food was good, not great. Seemed like anyone over 30 was in the out crowdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect!Lu627Dined on 10/21/2014We went to Siena to celebrate my cousin's 29th bday. She has a strict diet and the waiter was more than accomodating. He knew everything she could eat and answered all of her questions. When our octupus appetizer was potentially going to be tough, the manager offered us another app free of charge. Everything we ate was amazing-- the sangria was even better! At the end of the meal the waiter brought ice cream for the table and offered my cousin a glass of champagne. We had the best time celebrating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and nice atmosphereopfoodiesVIPDined on 10/19/2014Space was nice looking and food choices were good. Loved the brussel sprout salad and butternut squash ravioli. Great seasonal offerings. Indulged in some s'more gelato too!
- 10/18OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Host very accommodating with a table change. Waitress gave a lot of suggestions and recommendations for our tasteSpecial Features:
- Loved itBosleyDined on 10/16/2014Love the small plates of Italian foods. Don't miss the meatball! Desserts are fantastic especially the donuts with special sauces. Have fun here!Special Features:
- Outstanding!Graciegirl13Dined on 10/16/2014I can't get enough of this restaurant! The food is outstanding as is the service. Burnt pepperoni and any of the mozzarella dish's I would recommend. Top notch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outChi26Dined on 10/11/2014The drinks, apps and pizza were delicious. The moneybread dessert was heavenly! Great place to kick off the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GoodieFoodieChiDined on 10/10/2014We had an amazing time here. We had a huge group (more than what we put down for the reservation) the staff tried to accommodate us as much as possible and we were able to squeeze into our booth and had a wonderful server. We tried many items on the menu and not one disappointed. I can't wait to go back to try the favorites again for date night.Special Features:
- Tenn2ChicagoDined on 10/7/2014The meatball starter is a meal in itself. A great Chicago restaurant to add to your favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrufflesGinaDined on 10/7/2014AMAZING TRUFFLE PIZZA AND PIZZA. THE FOOD IS GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodstevorinoDined on 10/6/2014We came for our anniversary. They treated us right. We had a booth waiting for us, as requested, and were offered complimentary processo. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. The food was prepared flawlessly and the cocktails were outstanding. Nearly everything on the menu would qualify as accessible but interesting. We're spoiled here in Chicago, with so many outstanding options, so I would be remiss if I weren't to mention that more notable cuisine could be had elsewhere. But in nearly every other US city save NY or SF, this would be the top choice in town, and folks would be lucky to have it. I must also point out that I've spent far more at other restaurants and left far less satisfied. For quality and overall pleasure, Siena is a gem.Special Features:
- foodpf48Dined on 10/3/2014Just got back from Tuscany and often sampled gnocchi (my favorite) and yours with truffle cream was better than any I had there. Yummy! My companion had the beef filled ravioli. He usually does not eat bread, but asked for some to sop up all the juices. The food was outstanding. On the other hand: disappointed that we had to ask for bread. I found the printed menu to be very unappealing. And the noise level made it very difficult to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!NewfoodyDined on 10/2/2014If you're looking for a great place in river north, this spot fits it. We went for my boyfriends birthday and not only was our server Caitlin so amazing and really knowledgable, but she brought over a birthday candle in the gelato dessert with a birthday card and a free dessert because she said we were really nice. Wow!!! Even the manager came over and said happy birthday. We got the wagyu meatball and truffle and mushroom pizza and the meatball was out of this world! The pizza was good but I wouldn't get it again, the mushroom flavor was overwhelming. If you really like mushrooms you will probably love it. For dessert we got the s'more gelato and bambolini donuts. Wow... Wow... Wow... Get the bambolinis!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but uncomfortableYumYumEdVIPDined on 10/2/2014Be sure to get one of the cushioned tables because even though we had reservations, we were put on stools that were absolutely uncomfortable as they were hard as a rock and squeezed so close to each other I thought I was in NYC eating. The food was good but wow, where we sat was a complete distraction from the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014A friend and I live in a dead zone for food. When she had to fly out of Chicago for business we decided to make a night of it and went to Siena Tavern. Going to this restaurant made us believe in good food again. Everything we had was amazing. Service was great, everything came out at exactly the right time. I would definitely go there again with out hesitation and will definitely recommend any friends visiting the city to go there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow DownBonAppetitDined on 9/28/2014I loved this place for lunch as I have taken multiple clients here. Considering the great experience I had then, I decided to take a friend to dinner for her birthday. Horrible experience, to the point I will not be back at this restaurant. The review doesn't have an option for Noise Level as too loud, but if there was I would pick it. The main reason I am so disgusted with this experience is the waitress rushed the plates out throughout the meal. I actually got my bill before I got the dessert. I spent over $180 for a meal that would have lasted less then 30 minutes if we did try to slow her down by sipping our martinis. Sorry Siena Tavern, I don't care how hot your scene is, being rushed through a meal ruins any dining experience.Special Features: