51 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienatavern.com/
- Phone: 3125951322
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am - 3pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 3:00am
Kitchen Closes at 11pm Sunday - Weds | Pizza Bar Open until Midnight
Kitchen Closes at Midnight Thurs, Fri, Sat | Pizza Bar Open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Blonsky/Fabio Viviani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Siena Tavern
Siena Tavern will bring the sophistication and charisma of Viviani’s cuisine as well as the energy of a bustling bar, to the epicenter of Chicago’s dining scene in River North. Combining Fabio’s crowd-pleasing made-from-scratch menu with DineAmic’s success in the hospitality sphere, Siena Tavern offers diners an experience that is simultaneously comfortable, vibrant and social as well as polished. Located at 51 W. Kinzie Street, (intersection of Kinzie & Dearborn) in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, SienaTavern becomes the fourth hospitality concept from DineAmic Group, which currently owns and operates the highly successful Public House and Bull & Bear properties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siena Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (210)hot spot (164)vibrant bar scene (150)special occasion (138)good for groups (131)great for outdoor dining (109)great for lunch (104)neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (76)notable wine list (61)romantic (53)late-night find (38)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (12)Show More
- AmazingMarkDined on 8/29/2014Every dish was amazing, waitress was fantastic - knew the menu inside and out and had excellent recommendations. Wonderful dining experience and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!foodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014the coccoli and other small plates were all so delicious! the pizza's are also very good - not heavily drenched with cheese & sauceSpecial Features:
- Fab foodGooseVIPDined on 8/28/2014Best Osso Buco I've ever had. Coccoli (sp?) appetizer was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatballsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014Stopped here for lunch and thought the food was good, for the most part. I ordered the wagyu meatball sandwich. The meatballs were fabulously tasty and well textured with a hearty dose of tangy tomato sauce and a dollop of ricotta salata cheese. Really good. But the bread…was a disappointment. Too much sponge, not enough crispy crust crunch. The sogginess took away from what was, otherwise, a great tasting sandwich. The side of fries did make up for it-- possibly the BEST fries in the city. Thin, crispy, tasty, not greasy at all. I would come back just for the fries.. and those meatballs on a plate.. hold the bread.Special Features:
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Average for a top chef. Signature dishes weren't impressive.
- CharmingLunchResVIPDined on 8/23/2014Finally made it to Siena and it was worth it. Service was great, food was amazing, staff was extremely friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchLichterDined on 8/23/2014I had been to Siena Tavern before for a late afternoon snack and just went back for a brunch date. I must say that I was impressed by their weekend brunch. The eggs benedict were delicious and my date had the scramble. She also said it was fantastic. The service was on par with what I would expect from Siena and I will be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm going back to SienaTBAISDDined on 8/20/2014Our party of 4 couldn't decide which meal was the best because everything was outstanding! The brick chicken, the gnochhi-oh my! The waitress rushed quite a bit-we had to ask for spoons for the gazpacho and for the gelato...otherwise a perfect evening! We will make this our first stop when we return to Chicago.Special Features:
- So full, will have to come back!practicaldining1Dined on 8/20/2014My colleagues and I had the coccini, wygu meatball, carne pizza, papardelle, and gnocchi. The coccini and gnocchi were unbelievable. We also loved the warm infused donuts. We all shared! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2014Everything was great--food (unbelievable), service, noise level was fine, wine list reasonable and high quality. Great location. Only drawback is that it is hard to get a reservation here unless you book weeks in advance. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner for 3DenacDined on 8/16/2014I was hesitant about Siena Tavern because the only time available for reservations was after 10pm. The website mentions how the bar offers walk in seating but once arriving to the restaurant and seeing the bar it was extremely crowded and the noise level was intense not ideal for an intimate dinner! Certainly make your reservations early! The menu was small but offered a variety of things. Between three of us we shared Smoked mozerella with honey comb, margherita pizza, lasagna, and Parmesan potatoes. everything was delicious but the pizza was a little dry. The lasagna was my favorite it wasn't loaded with cheese but had lots of flavorful beef, delicious! We were out for my bday and I was given gelato it was great! I would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are glad the others were BookedKimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/16/2014While this may not have been our first choice the food was incredible. The wine list even better. My wife and I ate for what seemed like 3 hours but we wanted to try a little of everything. We could not afford to pass up the 2003 Dom Perignon at that price. It was served in champagne goblets. I know, Wow. They sat us in the bar are facin the pizza oven. THAT is the place to be. We had the meatball and prosciutto appetizers as well as a couple cheeses. We made a special request which chef Fabio himself accommodated and delivered with a huge smile. Chef Fabio told us Not to let them sit too long. He came back about 10 minutes later and we had devoured the dish. He was surprised and VERY happy. Steve the Waiter did a great job.Special Features:
- Good butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014I can't complain. The food was delicious and the service good but it lacked options. The menu was limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningirlVIPDined on 8/14/2014Trendy , hot spot which also happens to have incredible pasta , pizza and gelato out of this world . A good bar tender makes a mean martini . Good people watching with mostly 20 to 30 something's but a few oldsters thrown in . I would come even without the peoples watching due to the amazing pasta .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration Restaurantrunred15Dined on 8/14/2014Love Fabio and his recipes. Food was fabulous especially lobster and squid ink pasta! Great date dinner as I celebrated my birthday here and it was just greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the HypedinersDined on 8/13/2014As Top Chef fans, we were excited to visit Fabio Viviani's Siena Tavern. We anticipated a good dining experience, and we were impressed beyond our expectations. Even though we arrived twenty minutes early, our table was ready before we even had a chance to order a drink at the bar. Our server was personable, knew the menu well, and was extremely helpful and honest about offering suggestions. The food was outstanding, including the Brussels sprouts salad and the short rib ravioli. The atmosphere was exciting, but not so loud that conversation was difficult. The great food and welcoming atmosphere clearly reflected the restaurant's creator.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive Staff wonderful foodyummy2Dined on 8/12/2014Some of the best Italian dishes in town. Must try the sea salt caramel gelato.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!JimfromWestervilleDined on 8/10/2014We were in town for a weekend visit and a friend recommended the Siena Tavern. We were very pleased with the choice. The service was absolutely fantastic and the food equally exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tytnupDined on 8/9/2014The food was outstanding, The service was the best, We let our waitress pick all of are appetizer's and we had 5. And then we had 2- deserts and they were the best. And believe it or not the bill at the end was not as bad as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KsisterDined on 8/7/2014Fantastic Food in the midst of restaurant row! Order the ink squid linguine...to die for!! Brick chicken perfect and delicious for the gluten free diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GGiannosVIPDined on 8/7/2014I took my friend here for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The food was amazing! She had the gnocchi and I had the chicken sandwich. Delicious. And to top it off, the birthday cake gelato was out of this world!Special Features:
- Truffle Gnoochi and Tuscan SaladNiniDined on 8/6/2014My Lunch Favs was the Truffle Gnooch and Tuscan SaladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Italian cuisineFooddocVIPDined on 8/5/2014Six of us celebrated my wife's birthday here, and it was worth the effort to get a reservation. This place is jumping on a weekday night. There are three bars in adition to multiple seating areas. The menu has offerings not seen elsewhere. We had all 6 appetizers and shared them: wagyu meatball, Wagyu tartare, ocopus, crab tempura, prosciutto sausage, and popovers with prosciutto and cheese!!! All amazingly great! The entrees were more stnadard, although my delicious lasagna came in a small kettle!! Meat and seafood dishes were tried by the others, and slamon, chicken, pork and steak were all raved over. The wine list is varied and interesting, and the service was attentive and efficient. The prices are moderate; we would return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian Food done rightTripleADinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014The kitchen always produces a quality product here. The coccoli is a must and a can't miss. Love the Faro Risotto as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencePickyEaterDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a terrific late lunch with exquisitely prepared food. Every item was a delight, perfectly prepared and elegantly presented. The portions were adequate and not overly generous. Our server was solicitous, well informed, and friendly without being intrusive. We specifically asked about options for people with dietary restrictions, and were assured that they could be accommodated.Special Features:
- Fine fare in a bar atmosphereHuskerOutNAboutDined on 8/3/2014We were here for Sunday brunch and started with a Bellini, which was a tasty start. Followed by the antipasti "Coccoli", fried dough puffs arranged over truffle-honeyed prosciutto with cheese. This is really a must! The only disappointment was the short rib ravioli. It was a bit bland and uninspiring. I wish we had gone for the pizza instead which is fired in the beautifully prominent pizza oven. The servers and manager are very attentive. The atmosphere is more bar like (they do have a large bar and TVs with sports) than you'd expect for a fine Italian dining experience and it's quite noisy. This was Sunday brunch, so I imagine that atmosphere is multiplied in the evenings. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena TavernIEatAlotDined on 8/3/2014Brunch was very very good. Outdoor dining was perfect, artichoke omelet and caramelized waffle were unbelievable. Lots of flavor going on in both dishes. Service was outstanding, very knowledgeable server who made some great recommendations. Bloody MAry was great also, nice and spicy just like we make them down in New Orleans.Special Features:
- Great food with awesome GF optionsKluvsfoodDined on 7/30/2014We went there for 2 birthday celebrations. Our waiter was fantastic! The food was divine and the wine recommended by our waiter was a fantastic choice. In addition, 2 of the diners are gluten free and the options were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014We had been trying to get in here since it opened over a year ago, but were not able to get reservations at the right time. We decided to go mid week. The food was fantastic and the service was really great. They accommodated our vegetarian needs without fuss. Everyone was attentive. But most of all, the meal was amazingly delicious!Special Features:
- The food overcame the startJoyceVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had reservations, early because it was kind of last minute, and they seated us at a hightop. You couldn't get close to the table if you sat on the bench. We asked to be reseated and got seated next to the wait station. Good thing our waiter was so nice, Devon, and the food was so good or we would never go back. There were four tops available when we arrived and they could have seated at one very easily. The restaurant wasn't full and still wasn't when we left.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Felt comfortable here. Great food. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a Great Local PlaceStephanieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Given that we live in Streeterville my husband and I are bombarded with restaurant choices. I used to love to Siena Tavern but this last visit has changed my mind. The meatball appetizer was subpar and while waiting for extra bread, as suggested by our non-attentive waiter, our entrees arrived. At this price point the $19 appetizer was truly considered a side plate, with entrees not tasting any better. While this restaurant is great for tourists, there are many other neighborhood choices that meet and exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday celebrationHaligonianDined on 7/22/2014Came here early on a Tuesday evening and was thankful for our reservation. It seems to be a happening spot! I was with my daughter to celebrate her 23rd birthday. Service was prompt and very pleasant. The server was very enthused about the menu. We gravitate toward simpler vegetarian options and there were plenty to choose from. After some celebratory champagne we shared two salads. Both were amazing and somewhat unconventional which was fun. The thin and crispy pizza was excellent and had a delicious crust. We both had the "Gelato Flight" for dessert which was a selection of 4 flavours - we have enjoyed some exceptional gelato in our travels around Europe but we both agree these were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceRamangeDined on 7/22/2014Service was a bit overbearing and in your face. Inexperienced and inelegantSpecial Features:
- Nothing Special AnymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/21/2014We were very disappointed with our last visit here. The drinks were small(a martini should not be a puddle in the bottom half of the glass-even with an olive in the glass) and watered down, the kale salad was nice but how about a piece of bread with a salad,the pizza was very good and the brick chicken diavalo was tiny and not spicy at all.There are so many places doing a better brick chicken and at a better price point. Our waitress was so disengaged.
- Great happy hour spothappychilivinVIPDined on 7/21/2014We frequent Sienna Tavern for happy hour and special occasions. Their private room is also really nice. Great wine list, great cocktails.Special Features:
- A tad loud, but the food? Stellar!BoscoDined on 7/19/2014So all the Fabio Top Chef stuff aside, the Siena Tavern is solid foodie offering for those who want marvelous Italian fare. The place is large, looks a bit like a hipster Hotel dinner spot vs a small town in Italy hole in the wall, but the food makes up for it. Drinks at the bustling bar were inspired and the wine list is deep (suprised that each time we asked, we were steered away from the Italian offerings?). The crowd is hip, young and um, loud. Thankfully, our booth was waiting soon after we arrived and we settled in for a very very good meal. A great sign was that there were many things competing for our selection on the menu, meaning we'd return for sure. We took the lead of our server, who was friendly, knowlegable and sincere.Special Features:
- So good!DeliciousDined on 7/19/2014Took a friend here for brunch for the first time and the food was absolutely outstanding. We had the eggs benedict and the breakfast skillet, both of which we shared, and loved it so much that we came back again the next day and ordered it all again.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchLTMKEDined on 7/19/2014We loved Siena Tavern for Brunch! They have both sweet and savory options and nothing we ordered was disappointing. Get the Monkey Bread. It was the best I have ever had! The service was great and the atmosphere was rustic chic. We will definitely travel to Chicago again and come to Siena Tavern for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceEatoutalotDined on 7/18/2014Service was HORRIBLE!! I have been before and service has always been fine.Special Features: