Siena - Smithfield
400 Putnam Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Smithfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4013494111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nate Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With a capacity to hold up to 28 guests in our 'Vineyard' Room, Siena is the perfect location to host your next special event. Whether a family party, bridal/baby shower or corporate event, allow us to assist you in making every detail of your event perfect. At Siena, we work with you to customize your event to meet your individual needs and desires.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Pumple 4013494111
A word from Siena - Smithfield
Welcome to Siena Tavola serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. Siena Tavola is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other"s company over earthy wines and simple communal fare. Siena Tavola compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Smithfield - Best Restaurants in Smithfield ›
Siena - Smithfield reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (77)romantic (72)good for groups (59)notable wine list (55)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (31)late-night find (12)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- PaulakVIPDined on 10/9/2014Everything about Siena is great. The veal chops are outstanding and the price is a great value and they are huge. The fish dishes are always excellent. My husband and I eat there several times a month. Overall Siena is the best restaurant in Rhode Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodThanksgiving2013VIPDined on 10/9/2014Food and service were very good. My wife and I both had veal and it was extremely tender. We were pleasantly surprised we had a choice of 12 red wines and 12 white wines by the glass. The team of servers who brought the bread, filled our water glasses, and brought our dessert were friendly and timely. Our main server was excellent: knew the menu options and specials, cleaned our table of crumbs twice, brought new silverware as we needed, and made my wife's capacinno the way she likes it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoygoodfoodDined on 10/5/2014We dined for our wedding anniversary. We had an antipasto tray which had excellent olives,cheeses, Salami and Italian Ham, walnuts and toasted Italian Bread. My husband had the chicken Parmesan which he stated was good. I had the special of the filet of beef topped with a Gorgonzola which was just good. The vegetables were cooked perfectly and the pollenta was excellent. We were seated in a corner booth , looking out on the shopping center parking lot. We were able to hear every conversation around us very clearly. I have been to the Sienna E. Greenwich multiple times for special occasions, which I identify as my favorite restaurant. Our waitperson Amy was excellent.Special Features:
- fabulous and uniquejennifahDined on 10/4/2014Very busy, yet we had great service and everything came out in a timely manner. We enjoyed The tasting board for an appetizer, it was beautifully served.Special Features:
- Another Fantastic Visit to SienasgtlefteyeVIPDined on 10/4/2014We like to visit Siena in Smithfield at least once every other month. The food there is fantastic and that is what brings us back each time. The staff there are very personable and helpful with any and all questions. The restaurant manager also is seen walking around talking to the guests and making sure your experience at their location is a good one. If you find yourself in that area or plan to be definitely go.Special Features:
- AvaZingFuDined on 10/3/2014What a lovely restaurant ! The food and service were excellent ! The bar is beautiful . Easy parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time and Still Not ImpressedCAG5563VIPDined on 9/28/2014This was our third time dining at Sienna and for a 3rd time, we were not impressed. Service was MUCH too slow and the food was just OK. We will not be returning.
- WonderfulJackkaybeeDined on 9/27/2014Siena is one of Rhode Island's best Italian restaurants by far. From their wine list to their specials to their desserts, the entire restaurant flows together perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014Upscale. Food was outstanding. Some table seating for two is tight. I will request a booth on my next visit. Otherwise, well worth it.Special Features:
- THE best!Scott91Dined on 9/26/2014Honestly i am a con·nois·seur when it comes to food and my GOD this was these best food i have ever had . The servie was bar none and the overall appeal was fantastic .Special Features:
- PatttyDined on 9/25/2014Food and service was excellent; my only problem with Siena is the noise level, at times it can be overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualMonsterDined on 9/21/2014Service was wonderful. We wanted a slow dining experience and we were given that with no one rushing us at all. Food was great as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful Greenville Addition!!fav2dineDined on 9/21/2014Siena's Greenville is a weekly treat for my husband and myself. Love the food and staff (both are consistently great). We have had small parties at Siena and the food guests were all very satisfied with their food and service. Can't say enough GOOD things about this wonderful addition to Smithfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried it for a date nightiamnotaguidoDined on 9/20/2014First off if I make a reservation for 8pm, I expect to be seated by 8:15 at the very latest....that's the point of a reservation.....you RESERVE my table. Upon checking in I was told they were running behind and it would be at least 20 minutes before we were seated. It was actually 30. The place is small and very loud. Not the type of place for a romantic dinner by any means. The bar area was packed with everyone waiting to be seated because their tables were not ready yet either. Once we did get seated, the service was excellent. The waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and specials. The food was excellent. We had a few glasses of wine, appetizers, our main course with 2 sides and dessert for under $100.Special Features:
- yummykikictDined on 9/19/2014I had a filet special that was divine and cooked to perfection. My friend had the pasta special and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian foodIrfanDined on 9/13/2014This place had the perfect ambiance for that nice romantic dinner you've been wanted to surprise your wife with. The seafood is delicious. We tried the calamari appetizer and it had the perfect balance of flavours. Overall it was a pleasant atmosphere a perfect getaway after a harf and long week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion ControlFoodieFanDined on 9/10/2014Sienna is known for their delicious food offerings. Unfortunately, their portion control leaves allot to be desired. When they say you get a vegetable with your entree it should be a serving portion. I ate on Wednesday evening with a friend in Smithfield and the veggie was baby zucchini and summer squash. I had 5 FIVE slices of these two veggies. Not satisfying considering being served with the dinner. I guess their goal is to get you to order a side veggies besides your entree.Special Features:
- Excellent Food2ndTimerVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was a first time visit. It will be the first of many. The only negative comment that we had is that we were seated 15 minutes after our scheduled reservation and about 25 minutes after we arrived and checked in. During this time, there was a lot of activity and motion between the reception desk and the dining area, but few noticeable results. Once seated, service by the wait staff was attentive, friendly, and prompt. The food was first rate from appetizer to entree to side dish to dessert. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- AnniversaryCNJ83108Dined on 8/31/2014Since Siena in Smithfield has opened, we have chosen to spend our last two anniversary dinners there. Close to home, but yet a romantic getaway vibe that you get without having to travel into the city. Keep doing a great job Siena, I hope to continue an anniversary tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyBostonambassadorDined on 8/30/2014Food was very creative and good. Service was excellent. Hard to carry on a conversation because of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...A little sparing.leeeDined on 8/30/2014I absolutely love Siena. The food is delicious, however we ordered calamari and the plate was almost empty. My husband ordered the short ribs and we asked the waitress where the risotto was...it was on the plate (maybe about a tablespoon full) I would go back. I'm hoping this doesn't happen again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardDined on 8/28/2014Great food and great service. We were placed near the kitchen and the passageway was busy, to say the least. However, the food was terrific and our waiter, Matt, was extremely attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Always fantastic!DeliciousVIPDined on 8/28/2014Absolutely Amazing food. Never disappoints. We have loved everything we've ever ordered there. It's our favorite restaurant in Rhode Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par!ShelliVIPDined on 8/23/2014Last sat. Night dined here and was just not on spot that nite. Mussel app not great. Mussels tiniest ever saw. Meatball app was dry and over cooked which is usually my favorite. Fig salad special the figs were not ripe enough therefore slight sour taste. Main pasta dish special bland, bland, bland. Had to add salt to sauce! Dessert was only part of meal I enjoyed. Second time We've been disappointed with meals there. Prior all great. Off nights???? Will giv one more shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Overall the first time I went to siena thw food was great. This past week end I ordered the filet mignon and it was cold and over cook. I asked for a medium steak. I then told the waitress she said I will take care of it . They will make you a new one. The manager then came over with the same steak I sent back. I stated I asked for a medium steak and you brought the same one back and thru it back in the oven to cook it some more. The waitress was wonderful. She said if you don't mind waiting I will have you make a new one. I didn't mind waiting. Finally the third try is was perfect. I know the kitchen tends to get busy but for the future I wouldn't re heat a over cooked steak that was originally was to be medium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fordinnerDined on 8/23/2014This was my third visit to Siena's; once with a group of friends, once with my brother who was visiting from out of state and most recently with my son to celebrate his birthday. Although Siena's is a place t go for special occasions, our dinner on a Tuesday evening and the capacity of the crowd indicates it is a place to go just for a week-day meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful addition to the communityDinerDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food! Friendly and efficient service. Great effort to assure the safety of a person in our party with a nut allergy.Special Features:
- AwesomeDebbieDined on 8/21/2014Service was pleasant and knowledgable. Specials were unique and delicious very well appointed decor . We looked up how the horse racing related to sienna and now want to go to Italy to see the race. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Very good!luveatingout1Dined on 8/20/2014Great service, friendly greeting. Chicken Picatta was perfect! LOVE your risotto! luveatingout1Special Features:
- Great spot!DinerDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food! Great variety of menu items and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdaygroupDined on 8/19/2014As usual Siena does not disappoint. The atmosphere, service, meal were to write home about! Love Siena...Special Features:
- As good as the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014This is a new favorite for us. We have a favorite in the North End of Boston that is just as good, however, Siena is just as nice, there's no fighting for parking, and we don't have to fight the traffic to get there. Great find!
- Great First Visit!FredDined on 8/15/2014First time at Siena and it was a very good experience the only complaint was my wife's sirloin being a bit tough to chew and it was ordered Med-rare so it was not due to over cooking. My braised ribs over risotto was one of the best I've had! Our waiter sorry can't recall his name (server #24) was on the ball and very polite something I've missed in wait-staff an many restaurants. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- one enjoyable eveningStMaartenfriendsDined on 8/9/2014We went to Sienas with a couple that we only see twice a year. So we like to sit and chat a bit before dinner, this was communicated to our server Heather and she was perfect not to disturb us, but always made sure we had what we needed, we were not rushed at all. Dinner was perfect. Did I mention this was our first time to Sienas in Smithfield and it will not be our last and we will request Heather be our server upon our return.Special Features:
- NoisySewe55Dined on 8/8/2014Seems a little too noisy, difficult t have a conversation. Food and service were great. Table for two was way too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014just a good place for dinner. There is a consistent atmosphere food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014This is our fourth time at Siena. The food is consistently good from appetizers to desert.Special Features:
- bvdwasthereDined on 8/3/2014We entertained our son and daughter in law at Siena on Sunday night to celebrate their anniversary. Our daughter and son in law also joined us. Our experience was excellent. The service was outstanding, our waiter very well versed in describing the way that every dish would be prepared, and the food, was delicious upon arrival. It was a lovely evening with excellent food, drinks and wine. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great Dinning experience.MylunchDined on 8/3/2014We had a great time. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!LinnibinDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful evening with friends from Boston who were impressed with food and ambiance.Special Features: