Siena - Smithfield
400 Putnam Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Smithfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: (401) 349-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nate Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With a capacity to hold up to 28 guests in our 'Vineyard' Room, Siena is the perfect location to host your next special event. Whether a family party, bridal/baby shower or corporate event, allow us to assist you in making every detail of your event perfect. At Siena, we work with you to customize your event to meet your individual needs and desires.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Pumple 4013494111
A word from Siena - Smithfield
Welcome to Siena Tavola serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. Siena Tavola is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other"s company over earthy wines and simple communal fare. Siena Tavola compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Smithfield - Best Restaurants in Smithfield ›
Siena - Smithfield reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (58)notable wine list (54)good for groups (52)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (31)late-night find (12)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Was not impressed after all of the hype!BIGBADEGGDined on 11/22/2014This was our first time at Siena. We arrived at 6:20 and were seated on time. The waitress was very pleasant and attentive. Ordered drinks which were also good. The place seems to be very bustling and appeared somewhat disorganized. One of the hostesses and a waitress had a disagreement about another parties seating right in front of our table, NOT GOOD!. We ordered appetizers which were tasty. My wife and daughter ordered a special and I got the 16 oz veal chop. They enjoyed their meal which was mac and cheese with lobster in it, reminded me of a "KIDS MEAL" but they enjoyed it. My veal chop was VERY fatty and I did not enjoy it at all. I order veal chops frequently and this had to be one of the worst I've had. I didn't really complain about it but the waitress could tell that I was not impressed due to the amount left on the plate. One thing that I will not do is send it back and sit there trying to play catch up with the rest of my party. We ordered dessert which was good. In a nutshell, for the 200. that I left on the table, not impressed after all that I have heard about Siena. I would be hard pressed to return with all of the choices of fine dining in RI, I would call this "semi fine dining" at best...
- Not impressedMelBDined on 11/22/2014Did not like how everything was a la carte. After paying an arm & a leg, I still left hungry. Good was mediocre at best. Tables are on top of each other. Service was great though. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- Great splurgeMLB448Dined on 11/22/2014My husband & I decided to go to SIena rather than other local restaurants based on prior visits to Siena (2) and because we wanted really good food served well. I ordered the boneless braised rib and my only regret is that I didn't request more gravy for this delicious lean piece of beef - it was served over risotto with a side of perfectly cooked string beans. My husband ordered the filet - it did come out too rare but the server immediately returned it to the kitchen - so while he was waiting he started eating his small piece of delicious polenta and his string beans. When his steak came back, he had an entire new plate. The server explained that that's just how they do it - would not return to the table with just the steak - they completely re-plate it which shows you how the staff recognizes the presentation of the food. We did order a side plate of creamed spinach (which was really unecessary) and that was a little too salty; also split a salad that unfortunately had very tough spinach/beet greens; we also each had a glass of red wine (which our server again offered to give us a taste before we ordered) - no dessert/coffee and our bill was $99. before tip. The food (especially the steak) was great but you could not ask for a better server - she was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Top notch in every way, service, ambiance, quality of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena takes care of its patrons!KathieDined on 11/22/2014I requested an out of the way table for our anniversary celebration....wonderful table, the charming server acknowledged our anniversary and our dessert came with "happy anniversary" written around the edge of the plate. Wonderful, discerning touches -- great service and food, as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLainey402Dined on 11/22/2014Our dinner experience at Sienna in Smithfield was wonderful. The restaurant ambiance was very pleasing, beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. The staff was polite, attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. Most importantly, the four dishes ordered by our party were delicious, perfectly cooked and appealingly presented. Would highly recommend to friends and relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Was very good. Would be nice if opened forlunch also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Everytime!SmithfieldDined on 11/21/2014Food is always delicious and presentation is always beautiful. Waitstaff are always on their game, attentive and knowledgable of menu and specials. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little offandrewDined on 11/19/2014This time Siena was off the mark. The time between Appetizers and the Main course was way to long. Our Entrees were warm, not hot. I thinking they need to beef up staffing. And finally, they need to improve their pour!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress took very long coming to our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Our food temperature was only warm. Waitress took way to long coming to our table, and the restaurant wasn't busy. The food was just okay. Wasn't that happy on my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLvVvDined on 11/15/2014From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted by 3 amazing hostesses. The hostess seated us promptly . Our foursome had an excellent evening because the server was attentive the bus boy was great and attentive and the food was delicious. I have never been to such a well run establishment. My husband and I are regulars at the Federal Hill Siena and always get superb service. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena is Awesome!CookieDined on 11/8/2014We went with friends and had a wonderful time! It was relaxed and the food was fantastic! So many choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014The food choices are prepared with creamy sauces or with risotto. Not much vegetables. It was ok. don't know if we will come back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Food was terrific. Please invite guests to hang their coats..... Coats on back of chairs give it a Chelo's feel..... Too nice a place to cheapen it!Special Features:
- Excellent food in a nice settingSogabeDined on 11/7/2014The menu is interesting, somewhat varied and the food is excellent. Everything was cooked perfectly, portions were good sized and most importantly the taste was delightful. The service is a bit amateurish compared to the food but well intentioned. For example, we waited for 30 minutes after our reserved time to be seated with only a mild apology. Then the attention was a bit uneven throughout the meal but the waitperson was polite. Overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sienaIlovesteakDined on 11/7/2014Overall experience and food was great. Only complaint is that my reservation was for 8 but still had to wait 30 mins for a table to open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints2FrequentdinersDined on 11/7/2014Another great meal! This restaurant provided great food, great service and left us wanting to go back again soon! We are so glad they are nearby!Special Features:
- enjoyableGeorge73Dined on 11/2/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday. Mathew our waiter was wonderful. the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNotNeeded1Dined on 11/1/2014Been there many times and loved it. Last time was not good. My wife ordered chicken parm without the cheese, I ordered veal parm which is not on the menu. The kitchen must have been in a rush or the waiter forgot to put the order in. When it was served, the chicken and veal were deep fried... dry and crispy! It was served with no sauce on the chicken and I had to ask them for it. Pasta was over cooked and wet. No flavor. Really bad food. I've ordered the veal parm there before and it was the best!, but not last time. May try it again because I've been there and the salmon was very good.
- Consistently great foodFOODDined on 10/29/2014We have become somewhat regulars at Siena. The food, service and wine are all fabulous.Special Features:
- GoodnightDined on 10/28/2014Dinner was great. Server was knowledgeable, pleasant, and efficient. Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner not fantastic...petitemome13Dined on 10/28/2014First I must say that I know good Italian food, so my standards are high. I chose to order the Pollo Alla Milanese - chicken cutlets with a side of tomato sauce. When my plate got to the table I could immediately tell they were darker than they should have been and looked as if something went wrong in the cooking process. They were dry and tasteless. I ate my meal knowing that for the price I paid for that dish, I could make chicken cutlets for 6 people and they would taste much better. The person I went with enjoyed their meal but said it also was lacking in flavor - frutti de mare I think it was called. As it is walking distance from my home, I might try it again or I might just drive the 20 minutes into Providence for my Italian dinner.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014The food was great, service fantastic, but the music way toooo loud. Annoying.Special Features:
- SuperbMaureenDined on 10/25/2014First time here. Romantic, warm, friendly atmosphere ....the waiter was informed about the menu & made an awesome recommendation from the wine list. Food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Guests2ndTimerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Brought people with me who were making their first visit to the restaurant. They were very impressed. The food was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Not as good as previous visits. Seems to be less concerned with the customer enjoyment and more concerned with moving customers movement n and out of the establishment.Special Features:
- Always Extremely HappyBiffLovesFoodDined on 10/19/2014You can't go wrong with Siena. The food is absolutely fantastic. The service is excellent. Always leave there looking forward to returning soon. Best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food as alwaysMrsGDined on 10/18/2014Dinner and drinks were excellent as always. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REAL ITALIANFOODIE1Dined on 10/18/2014SIENA'S IS A GEM. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND IS TRULY ITALIAN INSPIRED.Special Features:
- LoisDined on 10/18/2014We have been to Siena's several times. This time for my sister's birthday. The service was wonderful as always and the food is excellent too. I was so glad that they brought out my sister's dessert with Happy Birthday written on the dish. The whole experiences brightened her day.Special Features:
- PaulakVIPDined on 10/9/2014Everything about Siena is great. The veal chops are outstanding and the price is a great value and they are huge. The fish dishes are always excellent. My husband and I eat there several times a month. Overall Siena is the best restaurant in Rhode Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodThanksgiving2013VIPDined on 10/9/2014Food and service were very good. My wife and I both had veal and it was extremely tender. We were pleasantly surprised we had a choice of 12 red wines and 12 white wines by the glass. The team of servers who brought the bread, filled our water glasses, and brought our dessert were friendly and timely. Our main server was excellent: knew the menu options and specials, cleaned our table of crumbs twice, brought new silverware as we needed, and made my wife's capacinno the way she likes it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoygoodfoodDined on 10/5/2014We dined for our wedding anniversary. We had an antipasto tray which had excellent olives,cheeses, Salami and Italian Ham, walnuts and toasted Italian Bread. My husband had the chicken Parmesan which he stated was good. I had the special of the filet of beef topped with a Gorgonzola which was just good. The vegetables were cooked perfectly and the pollenta was excellent. We were seated in a corner booth , looking out on the shopping center parking lot. We were able to hear every conversation around us very clearly. I have been to the Sienna E. Greenwich multiple times for special occasions, which I identify as my favorite restaurant. Our waitperson Amy was excellent.Special Features:
- fabulous and uniquejennifahDined on 10/4/2014Very busy, yet we had great service and everything came out in a timely manner. We enjoyed The tasting board for an appetizer, it was beautifully served.Special Features:
- Another Fantastic Visit to SienasgtlefteyeVIPDined on 10/4/2014We like to visit Siena in Smithfield at least once every other month. The food there is fantastic and that is what brings us back each time. The staff there are very personable and helpful with any and all questions. The restaurant manager also is seen walking around talking to the guests and making sure your experience at their location is a good one. If you find yourself in that area or plan to be definitely go.Special Features:
- AvaZingFuDined on 10/3/2014What a lovely restaurant ! The food and service were excellent ! The bar is beautiful . Easy parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time and Still Not ImpressedCAG5563VIPDined on 9/28/2014This was our third time dining at Sienna and for a 3rd time, we were not impressed. Service was MUCH too slow and the food was just OK. We will not be returning.
- WonderfulJackkaybeeDined on 9/27/2014Siena is one of Rhode Island's best Italian restaurants by far. From their wine list to their specials to their desserts, the entire restaurant flows together perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014Upscale. Food was outstanding. Some table seating for two is tight. I will request a booth on my next visit. Otherwise, well worth it.Special Features:
- THE best!Scott91Dined on 9/26/2014Honestly i am a con·nois·seur when it comes to food and my GOD this was these best food i have ever had . The servie was bar none and the overall appeal was fantastic .Special Features: