Siena - Smithfield
400 Putnam Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Smithfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4013494111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nate Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With a capacity to hold up to 28 guests in our 'Vineyard' Room, Siena is the perfect location to host your next special event. Whether a family party, bridal/baby shower or corporate event, allow us to assist you in making every detail of your event perfect. At Siena, we work with you to customize your event to meet your individual needs and desires.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Pumple 4013494111
A word from Siena - Smithfield
Welcome to Siena Tavola serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. Siena Tavola is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other"s company over earthy wines and simple communal fare. Siena Tavola compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Smithfield - Best Restaurants in Smithfield ›
Siena - Smithfield reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (76)romantic (74)good for groups (59)notable wine list (58)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (26)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I had a filet special that was divine and cooked to perfection. My friend had the pasta special and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian foodIrfanDined on 9/13/2014This place had the perfect ambiance for that nice romantic dinner you've been wanted to surprise your wife with. The seafood is delicious. We tried the calamari appetizer and it had the perfect balance of flavours. Overall it was a pleasant atmosphere a perfect getaway after a harf and long week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion ControlFoodieFanDined on 9/10/2014Sienna is known for their delicious food offerings. Unfortunately, their portion control leaves allot to be desired. When they say you get a vegetable with your entree it should be a serving portion. I ate on Wednesday evening with a friend in Smithfield and the veggie was baby zucchini and summer squash. I had 5 FIVE slices of these two veggies. Not satisfying considering being served with the dinner. I guess their goal is to get you to order a side veggies besides your entree.Special Features:
- Excellent Food2ndTimerDined on 8/31/2014This was a first time visit. It will be the first of many. The only negative comment that we had is that we were seated 15 minutes after our scheduled reservation and about 25 minutes after we arrived and checked in. During this time, there was a lot of activity and motion between the reception desk and the dining area, but few noticeable results. Once seated, service by the wait staff was attentive, friendly, and prompt. The food was first rate from appetizer to entree to side dish to dessert. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- AnniversaryCNJ83108Dined on 8/31/2014Since Siena in Smithfield has opened, we have chosen to spend our last two anniversary dinners there. Close to home, but yet a romantic getaway vibe that you get without having to travel into the city. Keep doing a great job Siena, I hope to continue an anniversary tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyBostonambassadorDined on 8/30/2014Food was very creative and good. Service was excellent. Hard to carry on a conversation because of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...A little sparing.leeeDined on 8/30/2014I absolutely love Siena. The food is delicious, however we ordered calamari and the plate was almost empty. My husband ordered the short ribs and we asked the waitress where the risotto was...it was on the plate (maybe about a tablespoon full) I would go back. I'm hoping this doesn't happen again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardDined on 8/28/2014Great food and great service. We were placed near the kitchen and the passageway was busy, to say the least. However, the food was terrific and our waiter, Matt, was extremely attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Always fantastic!DeliciousVIPDined on 8/28/2014Absolutely Amazing food. Never disappoints. We have loved everything we've ever ordered there. It's our favorite restaurant in Rhode Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par!ShelliVIPDined on 8/23/2014Last sat. Night dined here and was just not on spot that nite. Mussel app not great. Mussels tiniest ever saw. Meatball app was dry and over cooked which is usually my favorite. Fig salad special the figs were not ripe enough therefore slight sour taste. Main pasta dish special bland, bland, bland. Had to add salt to sauce! Dessert was only part of meal I enjoyed. Second time We've been disappointed with meals there. Prior all great. Off nights???? Will giv one more shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Overall the first time I went to siena thw food was great. This past week end I ordered the filet mignon and it was cold and over cook. I asked for a medium steak. I then told the waitress she said I will take care of it . They will make you a new one. The manager then came over with the same steak I sent back. I stated I asked for a medium steak and you brought the same one back and thru it back in the oven to cook it some more. The waitress was wonderful. She said if you don't mind waiting I will have you make a new one. I didn't mind waiting. Finally the third try is was perfect. I know the kitchen tends to get busy but for the future I wouldn't re heat a over cooked steak that was originally was to be medium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fordinnerDined on 8/23/2014This was my third visit to Siena's; once with a group of friends, once with my brother who was visiting from out of state and most recently with my son to celebrate his birthday. Although Siena's is a place t go for special occasions, our dinner on a Tuesday evening and the capacity of the crowd indicates it is a place to go just for a week-day meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful addition to the communityDinerDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food! Friendly and efficient service. Great effort to assure the safety of a person in our party with a nut allergy.Special Features:
- AwesomeDebbieDined on 8/21/2014Service was pleasant and knowledgable. Specials were unique and delicious very well appointed decor . We looked up how the horse racing related to sienna and now want to go to Italy to see the race. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Very good!luveatingout1Dined on 8/20/2014Great service, friendly greeting. Chicken Picatta was perfect! LOVE your risotto! luveatingout1Special Features:
- Great spot!DinerDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food! Great variety of menu items and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdaygroupDined on 8/19/2014As usual Siena does not disappoint. The atmosphere, service, meal were to write home about! Love Siena...Special Features:
- As good as the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014This is a new favorite for us. We have a favorite in the North End of Boston that is just as good, however, Siena is just as nice, there's no fighting for parking, and we don't have to fight the traffic to get there. Great find!
- Great First Visit!FredDined on 8/15/2014First time at Siena and it was a very good experience the only complaint was my wife's sirloin being a bit tough to chew and it was ordered Med-rare so it was not due to over cooking. My braised ribs over risotto was one of the best I've had! Our waiter sorry can't recall his name (server #24) was on the ball and very polite something I've missed in wait-staff an many restaurants. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- one enjoyable eveningStMaartenfriendsDined on 8/9/2014We went to Sienas with a couple that we only see twice a year. So we like to sit and chat a bit before dinner, this was communicated to our server Heather and she was perfect not to disturb us, but always made sure we had what we needed, we were not rushed at all. Dinner was perfect. Did I mention this was our first time to Sienas in Smithfield and it will not be our last and we will request Heather be our server upon our return.Special Features:
- NoisySewe55Dined on 8/8/2014Seems a little too noisy, difficult t have a conversation. Food and service were great. Table for two was way too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014just a good place for dinner. There is a consistent atmosphere food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014This is our fourth time at Siena. The food is consistently good from appetizers to desert.Special Features:
- bvdwasthereDined on 8/3/2014We entertained our son and daughter in law at Siena on Sunday night to celebrate their anniversary. Our daughter and son in law also joined us. Our experience was excellent. The service was outstanding, our waiter very well versed in describing the way that every dish would be prepared, and the food, was delicious upon arrival. It was a lovely evening with excellent food, drinks and wine. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great Dinning experience.MylunchDined on 8/3/2014We had a great time. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!LinnibinDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful evening with friends from Boston who were impressed with food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Great food &service but too noisyGoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of six who hadn't seen each other in a long time so were really happy to be seated at a round table. We thought that would foster easier group conversation, but that was not achievable at Siena (Smithfield). I could barely hear the person right next to me. If you can get past having to yell across the table, then you can enjoy the delicious food they serve. All of our meals were delicious. I had a Filet Mignon special that was heavenly. As were the other two specials we ordered, Salmon and short ribs. In addition, my sister's veal scalapini and my brother in law's veal chop were just as ordered.....tender and tasty.Special Features:
- Restaurants4funrestaurants4funDined on 8/2/2014It was our first visit to this location,and was very pleasurable. The waiter was excellent,very attentive but not intrusive. The food was very good.My husband had the swordfish which he loved.I had the chicken mil anise which usually comes with greens on it,but it was plain,but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing!DiningwithfriendsDined on 8/1/2014Great food and wine with friends! Very relaxing, not rushed. A lot of restaurants try to rush you along to turn the tables. Never felt that way here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Food was excellent and waitress we had was very personableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARIUCHDined on 7/29/2014FANTASTIC!!! We live close to Sienna and every night on drive from work I see parking lot full of customers coming from and leaving restaurant. My wife had a Birthday so I decided to take her for dinner . ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!! Food was Fantastic , Service was excellent and they even went the extra mile and upon dessert had special plate made for my wife with HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....made my wife so happy for her special day! I would Highly recommend this restaurant to all friends and family......By the way did I say Food was GREAT!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food. Perfect place to celebrate a birthday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLovetodineoutDined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit to Sienna in Smithfield. We have previously dined at both the Providence and East Greenwich locations. The food in Smithfield was fabulous and our waiter, Matthew, was perfect. He allowed us plenty of time to talk and just enjoy the evening. He was not the least bit intrusive. Everything was excellent! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!IBChowinVIPDined on 7/24/2014A great restaurant from appetizers to dessert. Great service and dinners, nice wine selection, reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining experience!CountrychickDined on 7/22/2014The food, service & ambiance was superb! Our server was knowledgable & helpful...can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmoendianeDined on 7/20/2014First time dining at Siena based on a recommendation from a friend. Reservations were for 7 pm, we were seated right on time. Our server, Brianna(sp) was cordial and knowledgable. We tried one of their tasting boards which had a nice assortment of meats, cheese and olives, very tasty. We then moved on to an app, my friend said to try the polpette, a giant meatball made with sirloin and veal, more than enough for 2 people to split. My wife had fruite de mare for her entree and I had tagliatelle with bolognese sauce. Both entrees were superb and we both had enough left to bring home. A great experience overall and one we will definitely repeat!Special Features:
- Excellent!ExcellentVIPDined on 7/20/2014As usual our visit to Siena was excellent. The food an service were great as we have come to expect at one of our favorite eating spots. The Brasato was amazing and we can't wait to return.Special Features:
- ExcellentBobDVIPDined on 7/20/2014The entire dinner was terrific and service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena in SmithfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Décor was beautiful. Food was great. Service perfect. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Siena SmithfieldCshoe512Dined on 7/19/2014We love it here. We always enjoy the food and service. While East Greenwich is my favorite of the three Siena restaurants for ambiance this is second compared to Providence. (Although I would never, ever accept to be seated in the "bar" area). The food is consistent between all three and that is great. The service is always impeccable! Just love to go here whether for a quick bite or a special occasion.Special Features: