519 Summer St.
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienastamford.com/
- Phone: 2033510898x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Johnny Olano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Siena Ristorante
Enjoy the casual vibrant atmosphere of an authentic Tuscan village ristorante. Chef's homemade pasta dishes and varied entree offerings change seasonally. Extensive Italian wine list has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Siena Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Siena Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Consistently Great!FoodisluvDined on 8/14/2014My family and I have been dining at Siena for years and the food and service are consistently great! The home made pastas are Amazingly good. I've tried most of the menu and all of the dishes are very good. Also, the specials are very good!! It's our favorite Italian restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cut aboveWestchesterFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Four of us ordered a variety of cocktails, appetizers, main courses and dessert. Everything was made from fresh ingredients, and had fantastic flavor. Loved the Gin, basil & Cocchi Americano cocktail. 4 Appetizers: grilled eggplant w/burrata & tomato, meatballs, sausages and steamed artichoke, were all delicious. My main entrée, Branzini fish was cooked whole with fresh herbs, and it was delicate and delicious, perfect preparation. Ravioli with veal was superb, one of the best versions I have had. Ricotta cheesecake was light and fluffy. Service was helpful, friendly and attentive. We sat outside, quiet side street, except for some cars barreling around the corner too fast. Owners should ask the Stamford Police to keep an eye out.Special Features:
- MarciaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent, as always. We love coming to our favorite spot, with hugs and special chats with the owner. This place is a sleeper!!Special Features:
- Buonissimo!ComesimangiabeneDined on 7/16/2014I recently had business clients in Town and brought them to Siena for dinner. I had not been there in years but remember it to be a special spot. They did not disappoint. Service was EXCELLENT. We were graciously and warmly welcomed by Pasquale and team. The food was excellent. Everything from the varied antipasti suggested by Geraldo, to the Barolo, Branzino and the Dolci created a memorable experience for both myself and my clients. We will be back again for sure! Alla prossima!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly OKJG50VIPDined on 7/12/2014Our dinner at siena was OK but at the prices restaurants command today, we'd expect more than just OK. The calamari starter was fine but the same presentation came with the Salmon, not very creative. And the $23 bowl of pasta with eggplant chunks was not impressive. When the dish my guest had was too spicy for her tastes, they gladly prepared another portion. I really would have preferred the chop but at $36, I decided to pass. With so many choices in Stamford, Siena is OK.
- Great italian experiencePastaplusDined on 7/11/2014We always search for an authentic Italian trattoria, Siena fits the billSpecial Features:
- One of Stamford's BestMLN65VIPDined on 7/1/2014My husband and I have been coming to Siena Ristorante since it opened 17 years ago. It has never failed in service, best Italian dishes in the area and atmosphere. We've now moved to Charleston SC but always, always make it a point to go back to Siena when visiting good friends in Stamford.Special Features:
- Great place for ItalianWeejobsVIPDined on 6/26/2014Food is always consistently good. Loud, but always great food. Fresh food. Nice wine list. The bussers work very hard to keep everything moving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDonnaGDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious. My only complaint was the service; they were too busy watching the Soccer game on TV and the service was slow and we just made the show at the Stamford Palace TheaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hmaxrDined on 5/23/2014great food....friendly, attentive service...very loud...hard to carry on conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the Siena Ristorante reviews archive.
- After a favorable first visit.....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014We decided to try Siene again. The small white bean canapé which is served with the bread, decidedly changed. But not for the better. This was excellent the first time. Balance of meal was good but the tone was set, and no retreat. Final nail being driven, was when Molonari was specifically ordered and served Romano. Sure this may have sufficed with most, but the act of passing along a substitute was deceitful. And the waiter knew so. Next?
- Had truffle mushroom withSteveVIPDined on 4/5/2014Had truffle mushroom with pasta. I think they forgot the truffle oil.
- Good food, but too loud!StamforditeDined on 4/4/2014Had to wait about 15 minutes after our reservation time to get a table. Not much room to wait so was a bit awkward. Food was tasty but the restaurant is small and very loud so was very hard to talk. People around us seemed to be having a great time and everyone seemed to know the owner. Gets a good crowd but we will avoid because we couldn't have a conversation.
- Varied MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Nice menu with lots of choices - homemade pasta, fish, meat, and salads. All the deserts were delicious!! Limoncello cake was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real StuffAliceGVIPDined on 3/20/2014I was from out of town looking for an Italian meal. I thought we were at risk that this would be a red gravy place. I went with someone who is Italian who also loved it. Authentic food from Siena. Different. Nicely prepared fresh ingredients. Run by a family. Bustling but attentive service, I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent. Every dishRonnaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food excellent. Every dish we had was superb. Have to come here more oftenSpecial Features:
- Authentic and deliciousParticularVIPDined on 3/14/2014From homemade pasta to salads a Amani courses, everyone loved what they ordered. Even the cappuccino was the most delicious I have had.Special Features:
- Good food and Servicelone6starDined on 3/6/2014Picked this restaurant based off of the reviews from this site. The inner ambience of the place is casual. The service was fantastic and the menu had a nice assortment of Italian dishes. Treu to the comments made here, it was very moisy. So noisy that i could not hear what someone in my part was sayin gwho was sitting 2 seats away from me! The other reason I picked this place is that it has 2 places to park free, instead of feeding the meters, or paying a garage fee, as the location is in the city of Stanford. For those intersted, they also have a substantial wine list as well as a small bar area. Other than the nocie, the food was excellentt--was cooked to perfection and the porion sizes were very nice. .Special Features:
- Special downtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2014We have dined at Sienna frequently and are never disappointed. Attentive service and great food. and choice of small or large portions makes it great for sampling and sharing. Pastas are homemade and unique compared to other Italian restaurants. Sauces are wonderful too. Can be quite reasonable . Week nights are best as it can get very noisy.Special Features:
- Small portions but taste fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Small portions but taste fresh. Reminded me of the ravioli I had in Italy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014If you can't fly to Italy for dinner (who can do that???), go to Siena and it will feel like you've left the US and are surrounded by all the goodness and greatness of Italy and it's food. This place is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understaffed?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a reservation for Valentines Day dinner. We'd been before and were impressed. This time however it seemed like they couldn't quite handle the number of diners. We waited almost an hour before even our appetizer arrived. On the plus side, food was great.
- Valentine DisasterkaykayDined on 2/14/2014We ordered the RIbeye steak and I believe we were slammed because the steak tasted burnt and dry like a New York strip perhaps. It was definitiely NOT a ribeye. I orderd an italian dish with noodles, shrimp and crispy zuchinni. That was actually very tasty. The service was good. Our steaks toghether were $70 and just not ggod at all. Stick to the pasta...steaks is not their forte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, slow serviceMealmomDined on 2/8/2014The food and wine were very good, the service was somewhat slow while staff seemed to dote on the diners they seemed to know well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia!gbostonDined on 2/8/2014Very good Italian food in a downtown setting. Moderate noise level and attentive wait staff. Good nightly specials. Sampled salads, pasta, risotto and fish dishes all served hot on inviting, decorated plates. Wine list has all the usual plus some interesting additions. This was not our first trip here, and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian charmsandypDined on 1/27/2014Love this place. The greeting is always real, like they are so happy to see you. I have been to Italy many times, and I always feel like I'm there when I eat at Siena. Food is fantastic, never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/24/2014Sienna is always excellent but is pricey for dinner - lunch a much better value. Also, the noise volume is very high making it difficult to enjoy a leisurely high end dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena RestaurantMaryAliceDined on 1/3/2014We found this restaurant on Yelp and the reviews looked promising. We were a family group, traveling in from Texas, Virginia, Florida and New York. The staff at Siena took great care of us. We arrived the day after a big storm which disrupted the train schedules and they were so gracious as we waited for family members to arrive. The staff suggest family-style appetizers and a dazzling and delicious assortment came out of the kitchen, making the wait go so quickly. The home-made pasta was excellent. I wish I lived closer so I could visit another time and have the grilled calamari. Thank you.Special Features:
- Always consistently good andBobMDined on 12/20/2013Always consistently good and worth the few extra dollarsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, good food theLeslieDined on 11/16/2013Great place, good food the only problem is that it is a bit noisy and we found it a little difficult to hear each other in a table of only 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service was wonderful.foodieDined on 11/16/2013The food, service was wonderful. However, the noise level was horrible. I could hardly converse with the other 3 people at my table. They need to put acoustic tiles in the ceiling. It would make a huge difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian food in Stamford.YummoVIPDined on 11/15/2013The best Italian food in Stamford. Sienna never disappoints. Consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSaraDined on 11/11/2013Food was quite good but not outstanding. Service was excellentI would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was unbelievablySusanDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant was unbelievably loud. Food was just okay. I sent my first entree back. It was replaced by a different dish. Not much better, just different. We won't be back
- Bellissimo!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/30/2013A head above the rest of Italiano ristorantes in Stamford. Good food. Attentive staff. Couldn't have asked for more!Special Features:
- I thought the special dinnerJoyceVIPDined on 10/23/2013I thought the special dinner for $28 was delicious. The service was friendly and efficient. The noise level was loud even though it was a Wednesday and the place was not full . Overall, I had a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local escape to ........ViviDined on 10/12/2013A local escape, blocks from my home, for a sophisticated meal. Through a friends recommendation, I have been there twice this week for the Costoletta: Panko breaded veal chop, baby arugula and cherry tomato salad, prepared perfectly. I am in the restaurant business and appreciate a place where I can go to eat and relax. Stamford loves the concept, they were very busy. A complete restaurant experience (great food and great service). I will be back very soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professional Operation51walesstDined on 10/5/2013The staff of this well established place handles a busy Saturday dinner service without batting an eye. You get the feeling that they learned the trade in Italy - flavorful and careful preparation at reasonable cost. My advice is to dine early - the place can get revved up and a bit too loud for conversation - but in a good way. Highly recommended - no surprise that they're still going strong after so many years and it never gets old.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect CT Italian RestaurantBarneyVIPDined on 10/3/2013CT has the largest percentage of people with Italian heritage in America. Something like 20%. So, this state takes their Italian food very serious. Therefore, if you are a business person visiting Stamford from Dallas, Atlanta, or some place like Tucson I strongly recommend stopping in Siena. The service is warm and welcoming. The staff knows their wine list and makes good recommendations. I had the lentil soup and it was very good. I requested the linguine and clams with a spicy red sauce instead of the white sauce. They had no problem with my request. The dish was just what I needed to clear up my head from a week of travel. My co-worker had the dover sole. He enjoyed it very much. All the fish dishes are specials. Enjoy CT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great noiseTravelerVIPDined on 10/2/2013Great food, fast service that was just a touch uppity. Perhaps the noisiest restaurant I've been in... very vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.