519 Summer St.
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienastamford.com/
- Phone: (203) 351-0898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Johnny Olano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Siena Ristorante
Enjoy the casual vibrant atmosphere of an authentic Tuscan village ristorante. Chef's homemade pasta dishes and varied entree offerings change seasonally. Extensive Italian wine list has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Siena Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Siena Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Always great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/25/2014Siena is our favorites restaurant in Stamford. The food is always good and the service great. The wait staff is professional, yet provides personal serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very good. Service seemed a bit frantic.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Four guests and one ordered an appetizer as a main course and that appetizer did not come to the table with the other 3 main courses. The polite guests meals got quite cold as they did not start before the appetizer came. However, all guests were delighted with their meals and will go back. Restaurant was totally full by 7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good spot in downtown StamfordgbostonVIPDined on 10/18/2014Siena always hits the target on dependable, creative Italian cuisine. From the appetizers and salads to main courses and pastas, and of course dessert, the restaurant provides a good selection for the diner to ponder. There's also a well-priced wine list to complement the meal. Service is friendly.
- Really great Restaurant!EyesnosefoodVIPDined on 10/2/2014I Love Siena. Great fresh food. Bread and beans! I love the smelt, buratta, eggplant parm is to die for. I had sword fish and it was cooked to perfection. So tasty and fresh. Great pastas! Pork chop or veal chop, you can't go wrong. Try the bread pudding. The are open for lunch. I go at least once per week. One of the best restaurants around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely go here!!MelanieDined on 9/30/2014We chose Siena because of the great reviews and we were not disappointed. The lettuce and tomatoes in the salads tasted just pick. The pasta dishes were outstanding. The tomato sauce was fresh and light. I highly recommend Siena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of ItalyScarlettDined on 9/27/2014We felt we were back in Italy, and loved every bite.Special Features:
- Run of the millOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Restaurant was loud, food adequate, service a bit inattentive. Nothing special.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We had reservation at 8 but did not get a table till 8 30 PM. Pretty poor service as the space was crammed and they were accepting reservations beyond capacity
- Noisy and not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Waited 45 minutes with a reservation and it was so loud we could barely hear members of our group of four. Food was okay, but didn't impress enough for a repeat visit.
- Closed early...DPKNYDined on 9/15/2014Cant rate this restaurant; it was closed when we arrived 15 minutes late for our reservation. They were very nice about it and helped point out some alternatives in the area.
- What a nice surpriseFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my husband and my first time at Siena. What a great place. The food was NYC quality. We went on a Saturday night and Siena made me reconsider dining out on Saturday evenings. Although the restaurant was quite crowded, the food did not suffer - at all! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJanskiVIPDined on 9/9/2014Haven't been to Siena in a couple of years ....excellent food ...but small portions as I remembered ...service a bit condescending as I remembered too .....got the impression if your a "regular" your dining experience is entirely different ....pricey which wouldn't matter if attitude was nicer... Doubtful I would go back too many other restuarants with excellent food and SERVICE to choose from.Special Features:
- Great MealGoodfoodfanDined on 9/5/2014Had another great meal: we split an order of the roasted eggplant pasta followed by their branzino - great meal!Special Features:
- Great BranzinoGoodfoodfanDined on 8/29/2014Had a wonderful dinner. We started with an appetizer of fresh figs and prosciutto followed by their branzino. Had a bottle of Gavi with our meal. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Consistently Great!FoodisluvDined on 8/14/2014My family and I have been dining at Siena for years and the food and service are consistently great! The home made pastas are Amazingly good. I've tried most of the menu and all of the dishes are very good. Also, the specials are very good!! It's our favorite Italian restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 182 reviews are from the Siena Ristorante reviews archive.
- A cut aboveWestchesterFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Four of us ordered a variety of cocktails, appetizers, main courses and dessert. Everything was made from fresh ingredients, and had fantastic flavor. Loved the Gin, basil & Cocchi Americano cocktail. 4 Appetizers: grilled eggplant w/burrata & tomato, meatballs, sausages and steamed artichoke, were all delicious. My main entrée, Branzini fish was cooked whole with fresh herbs, and it was delicate and delicious, perfect preparation. Ravioli with veal was superb, one of the best versions I have had. Ricotta cheesecake was light and fluffy. Service was helpful, friendly and attentive. We sat outside, quiet side street, except for some cars barreling around the corner too fast. Owners should ask the Stamford Police to keep an eye out.Special Features:
- MarciaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent, as always. We love coming to our favorite spot, with hugs and special chats with the owner. This place is a sleeper!!Special Features:
- Buonissimo!ComesimangiabeneDined on 7/16/2014I recently had business clients in Town and brought them to Siena for dinner. I had not been there in years but remember it to be a special spot. They did not disappoint. Service was EXCELLENT. We were graciously and warmly welcomed by Pasquale and team. The food was excellent. Everything from the varied antipasti suggested by Geraldo, to the Barolo, Branzino and the Dolci created a memorable experience for both myself and my clients. We will be back again for sure! Alla prossima!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly OKJG50VIPDined on 7/12/2014Our dinner at siena was OK but at the prices restaurants command today, we'd expect more than just OK. The calamari starter was fine but the same presentation came with the Salmon, not very creative. And the $23 bowl of pasta with eggplant chunks was not impressive. When the dish my guest had was too spicy for her tastes, they gladly prepared another portion. I really would have preferred the chop but at $36, I decided to pass. With so many choices in Stamford, Siena is OK.
- Great italian experiencePastaplusDined on 7/11/2014We always search for an authentic Italian trattoria, Siena fits the billSpecial Features:
- One of Stamford's BestMLN65VIPDined on 7/1/2014My husband and I have been coming to Siena Ristorante since it opened 17 years ago. It has never failed in service, best Italian dishes in the area and atmosphere. We've now moved to Charleston SC but always, always make it a point to go back to Siena when visiting good friends in Stamford.Special Features:
- Great place for ItalianWeejobsVIPDined on 6/26/2014Food is always consistently good. Loud, but always great food. Fresh food. Nice wine list. The bussers work very hard to keep everything moving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDonnaGVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious. My only complaint was the service; they were too busy watching the Soccer game on TV and the service was slow and we just made the show at the Stamford Palace TheaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hmaxrVIPDined on 5/23/2014great food....friendly, attentive service...very loud...hard to carry on conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a favorable first visit.....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014We decided to try Siene again. The small white bean canapé which is served with the bread, decidedly changed. But not for the better. This was excellent the first time. Balance of meal was good but the tone was set, and no retreat. Final nail being driven, was when Molonari was specifically ordered and served Romano. Sure this may have sufficed with most, but the act of passing along a substitute was deceitful. And the waiter knew so. Next?
- Had truffle mushroom withSteveVIPDined on 4/5/2014Had truffle mushroom with pasta. I think they forgot the truffle oil.
- Good food, but too loud!StamforditeDined on 4/4/2014Had to wait about 15 minutes after our reservation time to get a table. Not much room to wait so was a bit awkward. Food was tasty but the restaurant is small and very loud so was very hard to talk. People around us seemed to be having a great time and everyone seemed to know the owner. Gets a good crowd but we will avoid because we couldn't have a conversation.
- Varied MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Nice menu with lots of choices - homemade pasta, fish, meat, and salads. All the deserts were delicious!! Limoncello cake was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real StuffAliceGVIPDined on 3/20/2014I was from out of town looking for an Italian meal. I thought we were at risk that this would be a red gravy place. I went with someone who is Italian who also loved it. Authentic food from Siena. Different. Nicely prepared fresh ingredients. Run by a family. Bustling but attentive service, I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent. Every dishRonnaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food excellent. Every dish we had was superb. Have to come here more oftenSpecial Features:
- Authentic and deliciousParticularVIPDined on 3/14/2014From homemade pasta to salads a Amani courses, everyone loved what they ordered. Even the cappuccino was the most delicious I have had.Special Features:
- Good food and Servicelone6starDined on 3/6/2014Picked this restaurant based off of the reviews from this site. The inner ambience of the place is casual. The service was fantastic and the menu had a nice assortment of Italian dishes. Treu to the comments made here, it was very moisy. So noisy that i could not hear what someone in my part was sayin gwho was sitting 2 seats away from me! The other reason I picked this place is that it has 2 places to park free, instead of feeding the meters, or paying a garage fee, as the location is in the city of Stanford. For those intersted, they also have a substantial wine list as well as a small bar area. Other than the nocie, the food was excellentt--was cooked to perfection and the porion sizes were very nice. .Special Features:
- Special downtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2014We have dined at Sienna frequently and are never disappointed. Attentive service and great food. and choice of small or large portions makes it great for sampling and sharing. Pastas are homemade and unique compared to other Italian restaurants. Sauces are wonderful too. Can be quite reasonable . Week nights are best as it can get very noisy.Special Features:
- Small portions but taste fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Small portions but taste fresh. Reminded me of the ravioli I had in Italy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014If you can't fly to Italy for dinner (who can do that???), go to Siena and it will feel like you've left the US and are surrounded by all the goodness and greatness of Italy and it's food. This place is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understaffed?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a reservation for Valentines Day dinner. We'd been before and were impressed. This time however it seemed like they couldn't quite handle the number of diners. We waited almost an hour before even our appetizer arrived. On the plus side, food was great.
- Valentine DisasterkaykayDined on 2/14/2014We ordered the RIbeye steak and I believe we were slammed because the steak tasted burnt and dry like a New York strip perhaps. It was definitiely NOT a ribeye. I orderd an italian dish with noodles, shrimp and crispy zuchinni. That was actually very tasty. The service was good. Our steaks toghether were $70 and just not ggod at all. Stick to the pasta...steaks is not their forte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, slow serviceMealmomDined on 2/8/2014The food and wine were very good, the service was somewhat slow while staff seemed to dote on the diners they seemed to know well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia!gbostonVIPDined on 2/8/2014Very good Italian food in a downtown setting. Moderate noise level and attentive wait staff. Good nightly specials. Sampled salads, pasta, risotto and fish dishes all served hot on inviting, decorated plates. Wine list has all the usual plus some interesting additions. This was not our first trip here, and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian charmsandypDined on 1/27/2014Love this place. The greeting is always real, like they are so happy to see you. I have been to Italy many times, and I always feel like I'm there when I eat at Siena. Food is fantastic, never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.