Siena Ristorante Toscano
6203 Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78731Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena Ristorante Toscano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sienarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5123497667x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
"Spring" Dinner Hours
Tuesday through Saturday : 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday and Monday : 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Harvey Harris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available.
Our Caminetto Room seats 20 to 40 guests and has its own fireplace and projection screen. Rustic stone walls, many windows and an arched ceiling add to its ambiance.
Our smaller Terrazzo Room seats 10 to 20 guests and is located upstairs in a private setting overlooking the main dining room. Arched windows, stone walls and a wood beamed ceiling add to its ambience.
Each room has very reasonable minimums depending on the day of the week and can be booked by calling Siena. Special multi course menus with several price points featuring popular selections are available under the private party link on our website. Or, we can customize a menu for your event!
Siena’s beautiful atmosphere and authentic Tusacan Cuisine will be a popular choice and will enhance any event.
- Private Party Contact: Rina de Guzman 5123497667x
A word from Siena Ristorante Toscano
For over 13 years Siena has been Austin’s premier destination for authentic Tuscan cuisine. Chef Harvey Harris received his Master's Chef in Italian cuisine while attending culinary school in Piedmonte Italy, but his heart is in Tuscany where he lived and worked. All food at Siena is prepared to order, pasta is made fresh daily as well as all stocks and sauces. Tuscan food in general is gluten free so over 65% of their menu is always gluten free!. Utilizing local farms and ranches Chef Harvey sources out products that are hormone free, chemical free and natural for his menu. Our food is complemented by an award-wining wine cellar and served in rustic, elegant surroundings of thick stone walls and tall wood-beamed ceilings. Whether visiting for a light lunch, happy hour, special event, or a romantic evening, experience the welcoming charm of Tuscany close to home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena Ristorante Toscano - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Siena Ristorante Toscano reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (52)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Siena is Always WonderfulVictorDined on 10/16/2014I tell people all the time how blessed I feel th have this wonderful resturant in my neighborhood. it's like taking a trip to Italy without having to get ono a plane. The food is delicious, no matter what you order, and the service is impecible.Special Features:
- Great evening with Friendssus9nrDined on 10/11/2014Three of decided to head to Sienna for dinner and had a wonderful time. The place is nice and comfortable and quiet enough to be able to have a nice dinner conversation. The wine list is great with many Italian selections. I shared the fig and Prosciutto appetizer. It was really good but different then I have had before it was a warm appetizer and the prosciutto was crispy. It was very good. My friends had the Filet and it was so tender and well prepared to the correct temperature, I had the Lamb and it was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Imaginative ItalianAustinfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Sienna never disappoints us. The specials are excellent with imaginative sauces that are still authentically Italian, and creative twists on seasonal offerings. The beautiful building has several smaller rooms and although most tables may filled is never too loud for a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Great Tuscan mealFoodieDined on 10/9/2014I loved the food, particularly the judicious use of truffles. I had a difficult time choosing amongst the menu. I had the carpaccio and grilled pork chop. Can't wait to try the pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPatrickDined on 9/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary there and both the food and service were fantastic. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful.VictorDined on 9/18/2014consistent. wonderful. great service. incredible ambience.Special Features:
- Sunday dinnerBelmarDined on 9/14/2014Food is always delicious and the ambience is delightful. Excellent wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful Austin gemKen78732Dined on 9/13/2014We were wondering why it's taken us two years to get to Siena and regretting we had not been there before -- while we were still reading the menu. The service and food more than lived up to our first impressions. We recommend Siena to anybody looking for wonderful Tuscan cuisine. This is a unique gem in the Austin food scene and not to be missed.Special Features:
- Siena Restauarant RevievScottsOpenTableReviewsDined on 9/12/2014My girlfriend recommended Siena as the place she wanted to go for her birthday celebration dinner. As it turned out, I also proposed to her on the same day so this was an engagement celebration dinner also. I had never been to Siena and I was really impressed. The atmosphere, food, and service are all 5 star and the prices are very reasonable. They have a chef from the Tuscan region in Italy and he does a superb job with the climary selections.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Mss2Dined on 9/1/2014Siena is one of our favorite restaurants. It never lets us down! The food is outstanding, and the setting is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanejaneDined on 8/30/2014beautiful restaurant but a confusing menu so we ordered too much. My partner's steak was excellent, my grilled seafood on a red sauce not very tasty. The pork belly appetizer was really good and filling. We should not have ordered the bruschetta because it was too much food. I thought I was ordering garlic bread. The wait staff could have been more helpful in that regard. Gelato dessert was very good.
- always wonderful.VictorDined on 8/29/2014What more can I say? Siena is always wonderful in every way.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulVicFVIPDined on 8/25/2014The staff at Siena make you feel welcome and special. The food is always the best, and the atmosphere can't be beat this side of italy.Special Features:
- Always fantastic!ATXwinoVIPDined on 8/23/2014We dine here often, and everything is always great! The food, fantastic! The service, impeccable! The ambiance, beautiful and authentic Italian! If I had to find a negative, the only thing I can think of is the parking - sometimes you have to park pretty far away... Big deal! Great restaurant - if you haven't been, go!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantFoodie99Dined on 8/21/2014Siena has it all: great food, excellent service, and ambiance. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddinerDined on 8/17/2014We came to Siena for the first time as a special occasion birthday dinner. We wanted to enjoy cocktails at the bar prior to going to our table, children were sitting at the bar. People go to a bar to get away from children. Also, we sat next to the service well and could hear all sorts of server banter as well as service issues. When we were ready for dinner, we were seated at the worst table in the house and not by a window, as per my request on the reservation (when the restaurant was almost empty). The food was good and our server/bartender hit all the steps of service but the other factors do not make up for it.
- MangawinedivvaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely EVERYTHING was perfect! Rock On Siena.............I will DEFINITELY be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!markDined on 8/1/2014Everything was absolutely amazing! I unintentionally charge for someone else table.. that was the only thing that was not great but people make mistakes. No big deal! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchVisitingMilwaukeeDined on 8/1/2014Nice lunch.....I had pasta, another guest had salad with chicken, another just salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatVictorDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Siena again, as usual. We feel blessed to have such a beautiful and well run resturant in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Lovely special occasion dinnerBJBBDined on 7/20/2014We had a party of 10 and a semi private room. The food was outstanding and the service even more than that. We were surprised to learn about the Sunday happy hour and intend to come back and enjoy that as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDiningDivaDined on 7/17/2014The only draw back, my husband ask for a cocktail 2 times from our waitress & she kept forgetting it....3rd time around...she came throughSpecial Features:
- Tucked away in the treesTXBBCVIPDined on 7/13/2014A large, varied and reasonably priced wine list, well prepared and visually appealing appetizers & entrees paired with attentive and pleasant service presented in a comfortable and open setting make Siena a nice place for dinner close to home. The location is just off FM 2222 and is set back in a quiet tree lined enclave insulating from Loop 360 traffic. For those of us living in the area Siena is our go-to neighborhood place for a quiet dinner when we're not in the mood for the much more casual County Line. Try the Carpaccio and the Fegatini Fritti -a great take on fried chicken livers I've not found offered elsewhere - for appetizers. The in- house pastas are excellent & we've never been disappointed by the fish,fowl & meat entrées.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- d3davisDined on 7/5/2014We've been to Siena a few times, and each time it has been wonderful. The atmosphere is romantic and Austin-style elegant, the food and wine are superb, and the service is attentive. The bar at the entrance of the restaurant is a lovely spot for a pre-dinner drink or for a less formal dinner and drinks. There's a lovely outside nook with several tables, but so far we've always dined inside. This is a really fabulous upscale Austin-style restaurant--perfect for a special occasion or a romantic date.Special Features:
- The following 317 reviews are from the Siena Ristorante Toscano reviews archive.
- Very ItalianDaveDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant has a very Italian menu...not your everyday spaghetti and meatballs. One of our favorite spots in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Working Lunchilovefood1963Dined on 6/16/2014Not bad, but not overly amazing either. The location and options proved to be perfect for a quick working lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYtoTexasDined on 6/15/2014Very accommodating for gluten-free options! They even have GF pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious mealsRLD22VIPDined on 6/13/2014The food at Siena is always well-prepared and well- presented. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided attentive service throughout the meal. We enjoy this restaurant because it is not noisy and we can actually have a conversation during our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2rch4miDined on 6/7/2014We went to celebrate my last child's graduation from high school. The waiter seemed annoyed with us for some reason. We are not doctors or lawyers and there seemed to be an air of snootiness when we asked about things on the menu that were new to us. The place itself is beautiful. I ordered the ravioli and it was tasty but skimpy. There were eight of us and no one complained about the food. It was a nice place to go, but we will probably not revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 6/7/2014My wife & I have been celebrating special occasions at Siena for many years, and it never fails to please. The food is excellent and the ambience of the building is totally Tuscan.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceDinerminerDined on 6/7/2014Siena has long had an excellent menu and wine service. They have managed to keep a well trained and gracious staff, service is attentive, and the ambience is warm and comfortable. Food is excellent and menu is kept fresh with great daily specials. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Food + ServiceLoLoDined on 5/31/2014Service was professional as usual, but there was a miss on one of the appetizers. Rather than tell us, they made a substitute and served it to us as such.Special Features:
- Great placeDrAlDined on 5/24/2014The food and service were excellent. You will love the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic ambience & delicious food5683mpeDined on 5/23/2014We mostly enjoyed our first wedding anniversary here. The entrance to the restaurant is the only uncomfortable moment. There's nowhere to wait to be greeted by a host. We walked in and the bar is right there. If we moved back into the entrance, we were right next to the door leading outside. It felt awkward to me. Greg, our waiter, was very attentive and knowledgeable. The food was delicious, healthy and plenty. I got the trout, shrimp and spinach. My husband enjoyed his moist salmon, grilled shrimp and potato puff. It was served beautifully. The bread was warm and fresh and the chicken liver appetizer with caramelized onion and balsamic reduction is so memorable and good, I'm gonna try to make at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014We tried Siena out during Austin Restaurant Week, so we knew what we were going to order before we got there. The descriptions of the food definitely downplayed how awesome each course was. The mozzarella on my salad was made at the restaurant, the olive oil was an amazing quality, and the proteins we ordered were cooked perfectly. Not to mention our waiter, Paul, was incredibly full of helpful suggestions and also enjoyed telling us how some of the dish components were prepared. We're already planning to go back and give the full menu a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin Restaurant Week findMurielDined on 5/20/2014The food was very good, as well as the service. The waiter meant well I am sure, but he was a bit over zealous esp. when he folded my boyfriend's napkin while he was away from the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience everCali2007Dined on 5/17/2014We done out often. This was our first time here. The experience goes down as the best we have ever had. Before we even got all the way into the place, the hostess/mgr Reena was cheerfully greeting us. We asked for a quiet table upstairs. No problem. And it was a Saturday night. DeAnna our waitress was helpful and pleasant but did not bug us. She gave great recommendations on food and wine. Just the best date night ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamy night in TuscanylisibuonDined on 5/17/2014Siena offers authentic Italian ambiance and cuisine in a cozy, romantic scene. Very friendly service and great winesSpecial Features:
- Dine in a PallazonotforpublicationDined on 5/14/2014I've been to Sienna, this brings back fond memories....I was looking and hoping for ...white bean Pasta et Fagioli, but missing from the menu, maybe next time ?Special Features:
- Great MealPeteyDined on 5/12/2014Went to Sienna for Austin Restaurant Week and had a great meal. Their prix fixe restaurant week menu was special for the event. Our group of 5 could happily mix and match the appetizers, entrees and desserts to sample all the specialties. I had the walnut crusted trout-outstanding. And the appetizer cannoli with rabbit confit was very tasty. The service was very attentive without hovering, and the atmosphere as always reminds one of favorite trips to Italy. We were very happy that Sienna participated in Austin Restaurant Week and especially that money from our meal was donated to Meals on Wheels, so others could have a nice warm meal delivered to them.Special Features: