Siena Ristorante Toscano
6203 Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78731Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena Ristorante Toscano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sienarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (512) 349-7667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
"Spring" Dinner Hours
Tuesday through Saturday : 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday and Monday : 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Harvey Harris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available.
Our Caminetto Room seats 20 to 40 guests and has its own fireplace and projection screen. Rustic stone walls, many windows and an arched ceiling add to its ambiance.
Our smaller Terrazzo Room seats 10 to 20 guests and is located upstairs in a private setting overlooking the main dining room. Arched windows, stone walls and a wood beamed ceiling add to its ambience.
Each room has very reasonable minimums depending on the day of the week and can be booked by calling Siena. Special multi course menus with several price points featuring popular selections are available under the private party link on our website. Or, we can customize a menu for your event!
Siena’s beautiful atmosphere and authentic Tusacan Cuisine will be a popular choice and will enhance any event.
- Private Party Contact: Rina de Guzman 5123497667x
A word from Siena Ristorante Toscano
For over 13 years Siena has been Austin’s premier destination for authentic Tuscan cuisine. Chef Harvey Harris received his Master's Chef in Italian cuisine while attending culinary school in Piedmonte Italy, but his heart is in Tuscany where he lived and worked. All food at Siena is prepared to order, pasta is made fresh daily as well as all stocks and sauces. Tuscan food in general is gluten free so over 65% of their menu is always gluten free!. Utilizing local farms and ranches Chef Harvey sources out products that are hormone free, chemical free and natural for his menu. Our food is complemented by an award-wining wine cellar and served in rustic, elegant surroundings of thick stone walls and tall wood-beamed ceilings. Whether visiting for a light lunch, happy hour, special event, or a romantic evening, experience the welcoming charm of Tuscany close to home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena Ristorante Toscano - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Siena Ristorante Toscano reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (54)special occasion (52)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (22)great for lunch (17)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Recommended!!JonCDined on 11/22/2014Excellent atmosphere, service and quality of food. Excellent Italian food. Had the tenderloin and it was beautifully prepared and unbelievably tender. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SettingAlanDined on 11/6/2014I let the restaurant know that I wanted to have a Romantic setting and they put us in a secluded area in a balcony above the activity in the main floor. our waiter was very accommodating of our desire to take our time and enjoy the atmosphere and event. Definitely great setting for an intimate dinner. Also we were very pleased with the wine selection and our dining options.Special Features:
- Outstanding ... as always!!foodie4everDined on 11/5/2014Brought a group of 10 here for the celebration of a family member's birthday. Everything was great as always!! Ambiance, service, and food were all terrific. Great place for groups or a romantic dinner for two ... truly a wonderful place!!Special Features:
- A birthday celebrationMndnVIPDined on 11/4/2014I found this place (which has been around for years but was new to us) whilst looking for an authentic Italian restaurant (not an American Italian like Maggiano's) for my wife's birthday dinner. Whilst it was tricky to navigate to on a dark rainy Texas night, it was worth the trouble. Really cosy friendly bar leads on to a beautiful, chapel-like dining room, both sharing the same fire. The food was simple Tuscan Italian, cooked well and served to all diners simultaneously. Tuscan wines very good. A really enjoyable meal in great surroundings, with great friends.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014We've dined at Siena before and really enjoyed the food, wine and ambiance but chose it this time because we were meeting friends for a "catch up" visit and wanted to have a place where we could hear each other AND have a great meal. The music was present but not overwhelming, the pace of the service was perfect, and the tasting menu was divine. We had a great time and will return.Special Features:
- Always great.VictorDined on 11/3/2014What can I say that I haven't said before. I'm never disapointed. Siena keeps to their hig standards for food and service. I love the place and the people who work there.Special Features:
- A Quick Escape to TuscanyBigDFoodieVIPDined on 10/31/2014Beautifully prepared and presented, the Tuscan menu transported me to Italy. Careful attention was paid every step of the way, even before arriving, as I needed directions on the phone. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the ambience was relaxed but meticulously thought out. Back to the food: simple, delicious, boldly Tuscan. I wanted more of everything but thankfully paced myself. This was my first visit but I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!ToofdocDined on 10/25/2014We took our 3 teenage boys who can sometimes be picky eaters, but they even ate the brussels sprouts. The meal was outstanding, the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversarydportDined on 10/25/2014Went for our anniversary. Superb Service!! Low end Ornellaia was excellent. Sometimes filter down works. Food was as outstanding as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena is Always WonderfulVictorDined on 10/16/2014I tell people all the time how blessed I feel th have this wonderful resturant in my neighborhood. it's like taking a trip to Italy without having to get ono a plane. The food is delicious, no matter what you order, and the service is impecible.Special Features:
- Great evening with Friendssus9nrDined on 10/11/2014Three of decided to head to Sienna for dinner and had a wonderful time. The place is nice and comfortable and quiet enough to be able to have a nice dinner conversation. The wine list is great with many Italian selections. I shared the fig and Prosciutto appetizer. It was really good but different then I have had before it was a warm appetizer and the prosciutto was crispy. It was very good. My friends had the Filet and it was so tender and well prepared to the correct temperature, I had the Lamb and it was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Imaginative ItalianAustinfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Sienna never disappoints us. The specials are excellent with imaginative sauces that are still authentically Italian, and creative twists on seasonal offerings. The beautiful building has several smaller rooms and although most tables may filled is never too loud for a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Great Tuscan mealFoodieDined on 10/9/2014I loved the food, particularly the judicious use of truffles. I had a difficult time choosing amongst the menu. I had the carpaccio and grilled pork chop. Can't wait to try the pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPatrickDined on 9/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary there and both the food and service were fantastic. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful.VictorDined on 9/18/2014consistent. wonderful. great service. incredible ambience.Special Features:
- Sunday dinnerBelmarDined on 9/14/2014Food is always delicious and the ambience is delightful. Excellent wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful Austin gemKen78732Dined on 9/13/2014We were wondering why it's taken us two years to get to Siena and regretting we had not been there before -- while we were still reading the menu. The service and food more than lived up to our first impressions. We recommend Siena to anybody looking for wonderful Tuscan cuisine. This is a unique gem in the Austin food scene and not to be missed.Special Features:
- Siena Restauarant RevievScottsOpenTableReviewsDined on 9/12/2014My girlfriend recommended Siena as the place she wanted to go for her birthday celebration dinner. As it turned out, I also proposed to her on the same day so this was an engagement celebration dinner also. I had never been to Siena and I was really impressed. The atmosphere, food, and service are all 5 star and the prices are very reasonable. They have a chef from the Tuscan region in Italy and he does a superb job with the climary selections.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Mss2Dined on 9/1/2014Siena is one of our favorite restaurants. It never lets us down! The food is outstanding, and the setting is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanejaneDined on 8/30/2014beautiful restaurant but a confusing menu so we ordered too much. My partner's steak was excellent, my grilled seafood on a red sauce not very tasty. The pork belly appetizer was really good and filling. We should not have ordered the bruschetta because it was too much food. I thought I was ordering garlic bread. The wait staff could have been more helpful in that regard. Gelato dessert was very good.
- always wonderful.VictorDined on 8/29/2014What more can I say? Siena is always wonderful in every way.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulVicFVIPDined on 8/25/2014The staff at Siena make you feel welcome and special. The food is always the best, and the atmosphere can't be beat this side of italy.Special Features:
- Always fantastic!ATXwinoVIPDined on 8/23/2014We dine here often, and everything is always great! The food, fantastic! The service, impeccable! The ambiance, beautiful and authentic Italian! If I had to find a negative, the only thing I can think of is the parking - sometimes you have to park pretty far away... Big deal! Great restaurant - if you haven't been, go!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantFoodie99Dined on 8/21/2014Siena has it all: great food, excellent service, and ambiance. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddinerDined on 8/17/2014We came to Siena for the first time as a special occasion birthday dinner. We wanted to enjoy cocktails at the bar prior to going to our table, children were sitting at the bar. People go to a bar to get away from children. Also, we sat next to the service well and could hear all sorts of server banter as well as service issues. When we were ready for dinner, we were seated at the worst table in the house and not by a window, as per my request on the reservation (when the restaurant was almost empty). The food was good and our server/bartender hit all the steps of service but the other factors do not make up for it.
- MangawinedivvaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely EVERYTHING was perfect! Rock On Siena.............I will DEFINITELY be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!markDined on 8/1/2014Everything was absolutely amazing! I unintentionally charge for someone else table.. that was the only thing that was not great but people make mistakes. No big deal! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchVisitingMilwaukeeDined on 8/1/2014Nice lunch.....I had pasta, another guest had salad with chicken, another just salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the Siena Ristorante Toscano reviews archive.
- Always GreatVictorDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Siena again, as usual. We feel blessed to have such a beautiful and well run resturant in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Lovely special occasion dinnerBJBBDined on 7/20/2014We had a party of 10 and a semi private room. The food was outstanding and the service even more than that. We were surprised to learn about the Sunday happy hour and intend to come back and enjoy that as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDiningDivaDined on 7/17/2014The only draw back, my husband ask for a cocktail 2 times from our waitress & she kept forgetting it....3rd time around...she came throughSpecial Features:
- Tucked away in the treesTXBBCVIPDined on 7/13/2014A large, varied and reasonably priced wine list, well prepared and visually appealing appetizers & entrees paired with attentive and pleasant service presented in a comfortable and open setting make Siena a nice place for dinner close to home. The location is just off FM 2222 and is set back in a quiet tree lined enclave insulating from Loop 360 traffic. For those of us living in the area Siena is our go-to neighborhood place for a quiet dinner when we're not in the mood for the much more casual County Line. Try the Carpaccio and the Fegatini Fritti -a great take on fried chicken livers I've not found offered elsewhere - for appetizers. The in- house pastas are excellent & we've never been disappointed by the fish,fowl & meat entrées.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- d3davisDined on 7/5/2014We've been to Siena a few times, and each time it has been wonderful. The atmosphere is romantic and Austin-style elegant, the food and wine are superb, and the service is attentive. The bar at the entrance of the restaurant is a lovely spot for a pre-dinner drink or for a less formal dinner and drinks. There's a lovely outside nook with several tables, but so far we've always dined inside. This is a really fabulous upscale Austin-style restaurant--perfect for a special occasion or a romantic date.Special Features:
- Very ItalianDaveDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant has a very Italian menu...not your everyday spaghetti and meatballs. One of our favorite spots in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Working Lunchilovefood1963Dined on 6/16/2014Not bad, but not overly amazing either. The location and options proved to be perfect for a quick working lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYtoTexasDined on 6/15/2014Very accommodating for gluten-free options! They even have GF pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious mealsRLD22VIPDined on 6/13/2014The food at Siena is always well-prepared and well- presented. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided attentive service throughout the meal. We enjoy this restaurant because it is not noisy and we can actually have a conversation during our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2rch4miDined on 6/7/2014We went to celebrate my last child's graduation from high school. The waiter seemed annoyed with us for some reason. We are not doctors or lawyers and there seemed to be an air of snootiness when we asked about things on the menu that were new to us. The place itself is beautiful. I ordered the ravioli and it was tasty but skimpy. There were eight of us and no one complained about the food. It was a nice place to go, but we will probably not revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 6/7/2014My wife & I have been celebrating special occasions at Siena for many years, and it never fails to please. The food is excellent and the ambience of the building is totally Tuscan.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceDinerminerDined on 6/7/2014Siena has long had an excellent menu and wine service. They have managed to keep a well trained and gracious staff, service is attentive, and the ambience is warm and comfortable. Food is excellent and menu is kept fresh with great daily specials. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.