Siena - Providence
238 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: (401) 521-3311
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Bistro Menu 10:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Sunday:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Tarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Siena - Providence
Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena - Providence was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Siena - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (130)special occasion (117)neighborhood gem (95)romantic (76)notable wine list (67)hot spot (55)good for groups (51)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Sienna has it allKrainbowDined on 8/15/2014The rustic Italian food ,the ambiance and the service were all excellent. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightbostonmike23Dined on 8/12/2014Brought my fiancé here after popping the question. They accommodated us beautifully for such a special occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014Started with the gigantic meatball. It was very tasty. It weighs 16 ounces; we took half of it home. Next was a golden-beet arugula salad. Nicely executed. Our entrees were the Tagliatelle with Bolognese and the Rigatoni. Both were excellent. The Bolognese was a bit heavy on the oil, but had a great flavor. We noticed that Siene was one of the few restaurants to be busy on a Tuesday night. We could tell from the food why that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014I happened upon this restaurant and what a great find! The food was delicious - I had a wonderful beet salad followed by veal - the presentation was great and taste divine. Our waitress Karen was knowledgeable and excellent! I recommend for everyone to try this find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staff, foodLoveToDineOnHillDined on 8/8/2014It was our first time eating in Providence and it was delicious!! Our waitress was very personable and took the time to provide us with exceptional service. It was a very relaxing and romantic atmosphere. The food was delicious and very tasty. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdisappointedDined on 8/8/2014Not because the food or service was bad in any way; only because I had such high hopes. I had heard that Siena was supposed to be, hands down, the best Italian restaurant in Providence. However, what my family and I received was...just good. Not outstanding, just very good. The meatball appetizer was outstanding, as was the Bolognese. However, the short rib entree was just okay and the Saltimbocca was tasteless. I expected one of the best Italian meals of my life, and I feel like what I received I could have gotten at any other restaurant in Federal Hill. If I can't get a reservation at Siena, I would have no problem eating anywhere else, if the food is basically the same, if not better, elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!AwesomeDined on 8/3/2014Food was authentic Italian, and delicious! Short ribs over a creamy risotto were tender, flavorful, exceptional, tagliatelle was best I've had. We are planning another trip to providence so we can eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific reataurantbandd101Dined on 8/2/2014This is my favorite restaurant on Federal Hill. Food, service and ambiance are second to none. Sienna is a gem, don't think twice visit it today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choices - Good Flavor at Sienajcolby6Dined on 8/2/2014Siena is a great spot on Federal Hill for Italian food and seafood, but with plenty of choices to satisfy those with a taste for something other than Italian. I really enjoyed the crab and shrimp pappardelle, while my wife enjoyed the Bolognese. Our friends enjoyed the pork chop and the seafood medley, and everyone enjoyed their meal, which were all flavorful and fresh. There is something for everyone at Siena.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I've chosen Siena for my last 4 special occasions and have not been disappointed. Great food and service. I wish I had the time and money to fine there more often. Hats off to the chefs for preparing such great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night FridayMichaelDined on 8/1/2014We sat outside and this made dinner more entertaining. Nick was a great server - he joined our conversations as needed, serviced us in a timely manner and wasn't fake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The food was awesome..the ambiance was so charming. The wait staff was superb. What a great spot to enjoy ones company and not have to worry about the quality of the food. With Valet parking it is the spot for an evening of fun.Special Features:
- Highly recommend SienaTColtDined on 7/30/2014Visit to Providence for first time. Brown University and then dinner. Brother recommended this restaurant and I am so glad he did. The food, service and atmosphere were perfect. Sea Bass special some of the best food I have had in a long time. Wife ordered a pasta dish that was Rigatoni with sweet sausage and porcini mushrooms. Excellent dish. Wife and I love the energy of the bar area but if noise is a problem simply choose to eat in the back half of the restaurant. Outside looked like a good summer choice. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OverratedDc829Dined on 7/30/2014I was so excited to finally go here! We sat at a table for 2. So noisy hard to talk. Too tight and no room. Could hear the entire conversation at next table. Sangria was very good. Ordered the giant meatball. Delicious. When food came waiter had to take bread away no room on table. The lobster/seafood dish was ok. The crab cakes were boring. Just wanted to leave. No dessert.Special Features:
- LovesangriaDined on 7/27/2014We dine here a lot most of the time with a private group, but when I come with other friends and relatives, I just usually just call and make reservations. This time I used the Open Table to reserved. Using the Open Table was so easy, and can be done anytime with confirmation on email. The food selections are awesome and the foods are marvelous. The staff are always attentive. This is one of our favorite restaurant on Federal Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodmaddyDined on 7/27/2014We have had a variety of food selections here and all the choices have been great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKlovisDined on 7/26/2014Everything was top notch. Service and food were incredible. Well worth the hour drive. Will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeLabba19Dined on 7/25/2014Great as it always is! That's why it's voted #1 every yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 164 reviews are from the Siena - Providence reviews archive.
- No complaints!soffilerDined on 7/24/2014Lovely dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Excellent service - waiter was always present when needed, and only when needed. Waiter made excellent food and wine pairing recommendations. We both selected from the night's specials - over the top! She had a pasta dish with a Bolongese sause that was to die for. I had a filet mignon. Maybe one of the best I have ever had, literally cut with a fork, melt in the mouth. Nice visit at the table with the owner - appropriately short, but much appreciated. They should show that they care, and he did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLynneDined on 7/23/2014As always Siena never disappoints. Great food, great service and a great staff!!Special Features:
- nice variety - very authenticFrequentFlyer1Dined on 7/22/2014Definitely worth a reservation, as it was delicious. Very energized environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhChefDined on 7/21/2014I have to say , not really impressed. My veal saltimbocca had no procuittto and no cheese, i didnt say anything so thats my fault ( i figured it was the way the make it there?) and my wifes gnocchi was missing something ( not an item just lackluster) the martini with pineapple and basil was pretty awesome thoughSpecial Features:
- Gem on Federal HillBrooklynbabeDined on 7/19/2014We ordered dinner from the restaurant week menu. The food was delish and very reasonably priced. We noticed that their price for a full bottle of wine was the same as a half bottle of the same wine we ordered at a restaurant we ate at the night before. Service was very attentive but not obtrusive. We had a corner table in a crowded room yet we could hear each other talk just fine. After dinner we strolled just down the street and enjoyed outdoor music and dancing so the location was perfect. We highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- GaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Appetizer and salad were fine. My entree was not edible. It was seafood boiled in a red sauce the fish was completely dry and tasted of fish. The waitstaff apologized but no compensation was madeSpecial Features:
- Luv Luv Luv Siena!!JasonandAnnDined on 7/19/2014My husband fell upon Siena one night in Providence. This restaurant is the BEST!! Staff are top notch and the food is beyond words!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at SienabirthdayDined on 7/18/2014My family has come here for my Dad's birthday three years not. We love that we all can be seated comfortably. The antipasto is a great size for sharing. The house wine was really great. As always the food was delicious and we were all to full for dessert. I would recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best on Federal HillBobthebuilderVIPDined on 7/17/2014Visited with a party of six foodies and was not disappointed. Food was fantastic. Service was prompt and friendly. Front bar area can be extremely loud and difficult to hold a conversation. We will visit again but ask to be seated in the rear dining area, hopefully that's a little quieter.Special Features:
- LAwvrLAwvrDined on 7/17/2014Great real Italian food. Reminds me of my youth. Every dish was fantastic.Special Features:
- Delectable Tuscan mealNyfoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was outstanding from the incredibly delicious calamari aceto balsamico to the eggplant parmigiana and it's savory marinara sauce to the strawberry shortcake. We went for the first time and was fortunate to go for restaurant week which had it's signature dishes available for a 3-course meal for $29.95 - what a yummy bargain! My husband is Italian and pretty much an Italian food snob, so I always hold my breath when we go Italian. Siena far exceeded our expectations and when we are in Providence the next time, we will be making another reservation at Siena.Special Features:
- You MUST eat here!ValentinoDined on 7/14/2014A few days to discover Providence and trying different restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner and this was the best place we experienced. The service, the food, the wine; everything was excellent! A good thing this was our last dinner in town or we would have had to go back twice! Congratulations to the entire Siena team on having such an excellent table!!Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Siena never disappoints. From drinks to apps to dinner and dessert. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Specialgolfer13Dined on 7/12/2014I was with a party of four including a son and his wife from England. We were accepted on time and the hostess was gracious but we were seated right by the entrance door. People were literally standing by our table while waiting for theirs. Conversation was difficult as the rather loud bar was also only a few feet away. I'm sure a different seat would have been better, but the place was pretty full. The food was good, but nothing special. My son had a nice piece of swordfish which he said was good. I had a rigatoni "special" which didn't have much taste. I was expecting sausage pieces in it, but it was merely crumbs. The chicken pieces were fine. Wine was good (nice selection) and Jeff (our server) was attentive enough.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014My fiancé and I came for dinner during restaurant week. The restaurant was very busy and seemed a bit hectic but the hostess appeared calm and friendly at the door. We were seated within minutes and greeted by our server shortly after. Our server was very pleasant and friendly. The food was delicious. We would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignore TripAdvisor Poor ReviewsA2FanDined on 7/11/2014Someone is always going to bellyache for some reason about something, I get that, but I'd move on to the next review as it relates to Siena. Dined there on a Friday night during restaurant week. Ever been to a restaurant in Manhattan during restaurant week? Smaller than usual portions. Not Siena; healthy size portions. Great food and great service. Won't even bother to check out a different place next time we are on Federal Hill. Go here, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Really great menu for restaurant week. My only issue is that it was extra noisy during dinner so it was hard to hear each other and e waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SGB123Dined on 7/11/2014This was the second time at Siena when visiting my daughter at a local college. Our table was ready when we arrived. The waitress was friendly and accommodating. The food was very good Italian fare with a nice variety of choices. the clam appetizer was delightful.. I would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rgRumfordDined on 7/6/2014Have eaten at Sienna's many times. Never disappointing. First time for our guests from the Boston area -- they were very impressed.. Worth the drive down to Providence.Special Features:
- Missed Shot, But Would ReturnFlyinDined on 7/5/2014We had a 9pm on Saturday night, and the front space was rocking. We were seated in the very back room, which was a mixed result. It was nearly a ghost town, so the conversation was good. But we felt forgotten by the staff, which was nice but unaware of the lack of attention to us and our long food wait. The food was quite good, but frankly Andino's the night before was better. I would come back and try the fun room with the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lyngirlDined on 7/5/2014The noise level really distracted from enjoying our meal
- nice place to eat1888Dined on 7/1/2014food is excellent service staff is very informative, and pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.